- For Haunt Owners
- Browse By State
- Haunted Attractions
- Haunted Houses
- Haunted Hay Rides
- Zombie Hunts & Shootouts
- Haunted Mazes / Haunted Corn Mazes
- Haunted Trails
- Home Haunts
- Theaters & Plays
- Scream Parks
- Paranormal Events
- Zombie 5k Runs
- Haunted River Tours
- Other Event / Attraction
- Ghost Tours
- Halloween Parties & Nightlife
- Escape Games
- Other Events
- Haunted Places
- Advertise With Us
- Battle Creek
Set Your Location
Halloween haunted houses near battle creek, mi cookie -->.
Share Your Review
Get the haunts.com phone app.
Subscribe now to receive upcoming events, scary good savings & more this Halloween season!
UPDATED! Michigan’s Top 20 Haunted Houses for 2023
Home » UPDATED! Michigan’s Top 20 Haunted Houses for 2023
October best time of the year to visit a Michigan haunted house. Halloween is just around the corner, and that means it’s time to start planning your haunted house adventures! Michigan has no shortage of great haunted houses to choose from, so we’ve rounded up the top 20 for you.
Whether you’re looking for a classic haunted house experience or something more immersive and terrifying, you’re sure to find the perfect haunted house in Michigan for you.
20 BEST Haunted Houses in Michigan (and Michigan Haunted Attractions, Too!)
Click here or on the map below to use the interactive map of the best haunted houses in michigan, most popular metro detroit haunted houses, more haunted house attractions in metro detroit, thumb area haunted houses, most popular haunted houses in west michigan, best haunted houses southwest michigan, upper peninsula haunted houses and haunted attractions, top haunted houses in northern michigan, haunted houses in mid michigan, more haunted houses in mid michigan, haunted attractions in south/central michigan, discover more top michigan travel places.
Looking for the scariest haunted houses in Michigan this Halloween season? You’re in luck!
There are so many different types of haunted houses fomr which to choose! From paranormal tours and haunted hayrides to haunted thrill parks and even haunted corn mazes , we’ve rounded up Michigan’s best haunted attractions across the state.
From the Upper Peninsula to Ann Arbor ; from Grand Rapids to Bay City; we’ve put together the ULTIMATE list of Michigan Haunted Houses and Halloween attractions for all of your Halloween thrills! Michigan haunted houses have raised the scare factor this Halloween, and there are plenty of screams in store for you.
Read on and be sure to use the Interactive Map to help plan your visit to the best haunted houses in Michigan!
If you’re searching for “haunted house near me”, the map below can help you find the closest haunted attraction to your destination.
Haunted Places in Michigan There are dozens of haunted houses in Michigan and competitive is stiff for the title of “Michigan’s best haunted house.” If you’re looking for some real haunted places in Michigan – use our Guide to the Most Haunted Places in Michigan .
Find these Haunted Houses in Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, Pontiac, Westland, Madison Heights, Commerce Township, Romulus, Grosse Pointe, Pinckney
Wiards Night Terrors Haunted Thrill Park at Wiard’s Orchards 5565 Merritt Rd., Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Recently voted one of the top eight thrill parks in the country , Wiards is a must on any list of Michigan haunted house-lover. There’s a reason that Night Terrors Thrills Park at Wiard’s Orchards is a favorite: after enduring three haunted houses, a maze, clowns, and a haunted hayride, you get to end your evening with cider and donuts! The ultimate haunted barn, alien cages, clowns and spooky special effects will have your hair standing on end! Be sure to take a ride on the “Hayride of the Lost!”
Eloise Asylum 30712 Michigan Ave, Westland, MI 48186
A haunted house…in a real haunted house? In a word, YES. The Eloise Asylums are located in a former psychiatric hospital with a dark past. Buily in 1839, it has served as a poor house, sanitorium, and psychiatric hospital, with a background so scary that it served as the inspiration for the horror film “Eloise.”
Now, it’s one of the top haunted attractions in the country. It’s an immersive 30,00 square feet experience featuring of truly terrifying exhibits, pyrotechnics, and more.
Erebus 18 S Perry St., Pontiac, MI 48342
Erebus Haunted House is not just famous in Michigan, it’s recognized as one of the best-haunted attractions in the whole nation. In operation for over 20 years now, the Erebus haunted attraction in downtown Pontiac has grown into a huge attraction , once holding the Guinness World Record for the longest walk-through haunted attraction worldwide until it was overtaken in 2009.
Still, this four-story 100,000 square-foot haunt is well equipped with high-quality sets and costumes filled with an enthusiastic cast of monsters to scare the pants off you. Is it the scariest haunted house in Michigan? We’ll let you be the judge. Donlt miss the this tower of terror!
Azra Chamber of Horrors 31401 John R Rd Bldg 2, Madison Heights, MI 48071
Azra Chamber of Horrors Haunted House is a new addition to Michigan’s haunted house collection , but in its first couple of years, it has made a significant impression. Taking its name from a dragon who feeds on fear , this spot certainly delivers on fear-factor allowing it to skyrocket to the top spot in Michigan, and among the top 20 haunts nationwide.
Glenlore Trails – KID FRIENDLY! 3860 Newton Rd, Commerce Charter Twp, MI 48382
Michigan’s illuminated forest has transformed once again! Come explore the wonders of time in FATE. Glenlore Haunted Trails are an immersive night walk located in Commerce Michigan. Every Thursday to Sunday evening the forest comes to life in a dazzling display of light, sound, and wonder.
This family-friendly experience is perfect for a night out with family, spending time with friends, or earning points on date night. Earlier time slots tend to fill with young families, while the evening brings out a louder crowd.
Hush Haunted Attraction 37550 Cherry Hill Rd., Westland, MI 48185
Hush is one of Michigan’s most immersive haunts, featuring three separate attractions: Descent, where you’re trapped in a mine; Coven, where you explore a witch coven’s lair; and Rosecliff Hall, the classic haunted house experience. Voodoo Blues Secret Bar remains a sought-after destination for those who yearn to sip on secrets amidst the haunting allure of Hush Haunted Attraction .
Haunted Garage Productions – KID_FRIENDLY! 19520 Mack Ave., Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236
Voted one of Michigan’s top haunted attractions by Local4 News/ Click on Detroit, this family-friendly haunted house in Grosse Pointe is the brainchild of a local elementary school educator. The haunted garage is thrilling for adults and kids of all ages and it’s seriously spooky and fun at the same time.
Ghostly Grove Haunted Forest Attraction 10055 Dexter-Pinckney Rd., Pinckney, MI 48169
You’ll find a suspenseful, almost mile-long walk through a trail in Livingston County. There are thrills and chills around every corner , and the scary scenes change every year.
Terrorfied Forest 145 Swarthout Rd., Pinckney, MI 48169
One of the most popular haunted trails in southeast Michigan, the Terrorfied Forest is almost a mile long scary surprises around every corner. The Forest changes every year, so keep your eyes open for new thrills and chills.
Deranged Haunt 35560 Goddard Rd., Romulus, MI 48174
You’ll find five acres of haunted fun here, and they have a virtual line queue so that you can stay warm in your car while you wait for your turn to be spooked!
Scream Machine Haunted Attraction 25710 Northline Rd, Taylor, MI 48180
Brandywine cemetery – closed 272 brandywine drive, ann arbor, mi.
Brandywine Cemetery in Ann Arbor is a special spot and one of the top haunts in southeast Michigan. Here, horror is achieved through creative storytelling, sound, lighting, and major attention to detail (especially since most of the props are hand-made), all while avoiding most of the blood and gore many major haunts rely on.
You can find these Haunted Houses in Lexnox and Schwartz Creek Michgan
Scarefest Scream Park 34111 28 Mile Rd, Lenox, MI 48048
If you were to combine the thematic excellence of Disney and the horror of monsters, zombies and chainsaws, you would get Scarefest Scream Park in Lenox. Here, a whole world of terror, including four distinct attractions, is packed into an isolated woodland venue .
Spooky Trails – KID-FRIENDLY! 8266 Baldwin Rd, Swartz Creek, MI 48473
The haunted attractions at Spooky Trails located in Swartz Creek, just outside of Flint, are open Fridays and Saturdays in October from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Brave guests can pick from The Original Haunted Straw Maze, The Undead Field of Fear Haunted Corn Field or The Zombie Hunter Hayride.
Haunted Houses in Grand Rapids, Wyoming, Dorr, and Sparta MI
The Haunt 1256 28th St SW., Wyoming, MI 49509
The Haunt in Wyoming, just outside Grand Rapids has been a long-standing favorite of haunted house enthusiasts. This massive location covers 50,000 square feet across five attractions, including 144 rooms, almost 100 fantastic actors, and 62 animatronics.
Scope out one or all of the five themes, including a vampire manor, a haunted hospital, a frozen swamp, a twisted circus, and a dilapidated factory in a post-apocalyptic world . With compelling stories and intricate sets, this immersive experience is well worth a visit.
New Salem Corn Maze “Witches of New Salem” 4516 24th St., Dorr, MI 49323
This haunted corn maze in Dorr is right off US-12, about 20 miles south of Grand Rapids , and consists of dead ends, twists, turns, confusion, and mayhem. Attempt to escape while you’re followed by the corn stalkers. A second haunt is available on-site to those who dare. The Witches Woods is Salem themed and features over 20 attractions, dozens of actors, and props.
Abandoned Acres Farm Haunted Attraction 7737 Fruit Ridge Ave NW. Sparta, MI 49345
This haunted attraction located in Sparta, just north of Grand Rapids, has two terrifying corn mazes , open through Halloween night.
The Bloody Butcher Corn Maze has mutant pumpkins, witches, hillbillies, wandering corpses, scarecrows, and insane farm animals. The second maze on-site is Big Top Terror Vision, a 3-D, circus-themed corn maze that features crazy clowns , misfits, and deranged circus animals. Pick one or do both.
You can find these Haunted Houses in Southwest Michigan
Nightmare Realm 23492 Red Arrow Hwy, Mattawan, MI
This indoor-outdoor haunt in West Michigan is an immersive experience. Be ready to be frightened’ recommended for ages 13.
Psycho Ward Haunted House 7656 Ravine Rd, Kalamazoo, MI 49009
Voted one of the top haunted attractions in southwest Michigan, this not-meant-for-children haunted house is seriously scary. Be ready to be transported into a world with zombies, ghouls, ghosts and more.
Niles Scream Park 855 Mayflower Rd, Niles, MI 49120
This haunted attraction in Michigan is one of the scariest in the area, so be sure to add it to your list! Niles Scream Park gets better and scarier year after year, so be prepared to scream your head off.
Marquette’s Haunted Hayride Marquette County Fairgrounds, 715 M-553, Gwinn, MI 49841
Head to the Upper Peninsula on October 19, 20, and 21, 2023 for a thrfilling haunted hayried in the U.P.
Marquette’s Haunted Hayride i s a tractor drawn hayride which weaves through the Marquette County “Scare”grounds. The ride is filled with terror and surprise, fun and laughter. As you travel through the cold darkness, be warned that the unexpected may be lurking at every turn and behind each and every tree there may be an eerie encounter to greet you!
Haunted Houses in Traverse City, Manistee, Mackinaw City, and Kingsley MI
Spears House of Fright Haunted Hotel 150 Loxley St #100, Houghton Lake, MI 48629
Find you’ll find two scary mazes, a haunted hotel and bar, and many more chilling thrills at this Houghton Lake haunted house.
Ghost Farm of Kingsley 5010 Pierce Rd., Kingsley, MI 49649
Ravencrow Returns is the theme of this haunted trail in Kingsley, just south of Traverse City . It’s one of the top scary attractions in northern Michigan a mix of scary-fun thrills that’s family-friendly, too.
Fort Fright 102 w Straits Ave, Mackinaw City, MI 49701
Grab your lanterns and make your way through an 18th-century Mackinaw City fort and fur trading village where wolves, witches, goblins, and ghouls tell spooky stories. There are bonfires and treats like cookies, candy, and hot cider.
SS City of Milwaukee Ghost Ship – TEMPORARILY CLOSED 99 Arthur St., Manistee, MI 49660
The only haunted house attraction located on a car ferry is the SS City of Milwaukee, Manistees Ghost Ship…enter at your own risk. This is a don’t-miss in Manistee .
Asylum After Dark – CLOSED 830 Cottageview Drive, Traverse City, MI
This seriously spooky haunted house is set in a former psychiatric hospital…isn’t that enough? It’s 30 minutes of frightening fun in Traverse City.
You’ll find these Haunted Houses in Bay City, Saginaw, Flint, Millington, Ashley, Holly, and Fowlerville MI
Awaken Haunted Attraction 4760 Churchill Rd, Leslie, MI 49251
Mid Michigan’s scariest haunted house is actually four haunted attractions for the price of one. Visit Awaken and find 32,000 scary square feet of horror.
Rotten Manor 13245 Dixie Hwy., Holly, MI 48442
This sprawling haunted complex includes a haunted house. insane asylum, gingerbread house, clown barn, and haunted forest. There is also carnival games, concessions, and more at Rotten Manor. Don;t Miss the Rotten Hayride that takes you on a chilling ride through the haunted woods of Rotten Manor, too! New for 2023 is the House of Wax- don’t miss it!
Slaughterhouse Adventure & Grand River Corn Maze 5781 W Grand River Rd., Fowlerville, MI 48836
This unique spot offers a haunted maze, a hayride, and an escape room. You’ll find animatronics, explosions, clowns, monsters, and more.
Past Tense After Dark 1965 Farnsworth Rd., Lapeer, MI 48446
You’ll find three haunted attractions on this farm in Lapeer, including the Hayride of Despair, the Corn Maze of Fear, and a House of Horrors.
Exit 13 Haunted House 6069 Saginaw St., Flint, MI 48505
You’ll find wall-to-wall terror in this Flint haunted house with new attractions every year.
Bates Haunted Sawmill 7240 State Rd., Millington, MI 48746
Yikes, this is a really scary haunted house! It’s interactive, so be ready to be frightened.
Wicked Woods of Terror Haunted Trail 2915 Ross Rd., Caro MI
Walk the 20-minute trail and try not to scream aloud at this haunted attraction in Caro.
Factory of the Dead 906 Lapeer Ave., Saginaw, MI 48607
Are you brave enough to explore one of the biggest haunted houses in mid-Michigan?
Terror on 27 8691 S Bagley Rd., Ashley, MI 48806
You’ll find three attractions here, including two haunted houses and a maze that takes you down a twisted path of terror.
Xavier Haunt – CLOSED 121 N Hamilton St., Saginaw, MI 48602
Located in Old Town Saginaw, this is one of the top haunted attractions in the Tri-Cities area, with ghosts and ghouls lurking in the corners of this frightening building.
You’ll find Haunted Houses in Jackson and Battle Creek MI
Zoerman’s Zombies 626 North Mechanic, Jackson MI
Built next to Michigan’s first state penitentiary, this scary haunted house is one of the most frightening in Michigan. Are you brave enough to visit Zoerman’s Zombies.
Jackson’s Underworld 1318 Wildwood Ave, Jackson, MI 49202
This four-story warehouse is home to two of the most terrifying haunted houses in Michigan.
Darksyde Acres Haunted House 11375 Rowe Rd, Jonesville, MI 49250
Ultimate Guide to Michigan Halloween Events
Michigan Fall Colors: Peak Fall Colors
Ultimate Guide to Greenfield Village
Zoo Boos, Bar Crawls and More Fun Things to Do in October!
Share US- We love sharing the beauty of Michigan with you. Please feel free to use the buttons below to share this with others. Thanks!
Monday 17th of October 2022
- Featured Haunts
- Scary Attractions
- Haunted Houses
- Ghost Tours
- Escape Games
- Farm Attractions
- Pumpkin Patches
Battle Creek MI Haunted Houses & Halloween Attractions
Battle Creek has some great options for a haunted night out. Below you will find our best haunted houses near Battle Creek, MI to get the most out of this Halloween season.
Columbia Court Apartments - Real Battle Creek Haunted Place
- 504 Columbia Ave. E.
- Battle Creek, MI
- (269) 966-1538
- Brook Lodge - Brook Lodge Hotel & Conference Resort 9.9 miles away
- National House Inn 11.0 miles away
- Victorian Villa Inn 15.8 miles away
- Olivet College 16.4 miles away
- Kalamazoo State Theatre 20.7 miles away
- Kalamazoo Civic Theatre 20.9 miles away
504 Columbia Ave. E., Battle Creek, MI, 49014
Recently Shared Experiences & Comments
Be the first to share your experience with this haunt ..
- Headline: Do not use all capital letters. No profanity.
- Details: Tell Us About Your Experience(s) at Columbia Court Apartments. Be specific.
- Email Address: Administrative use only. Will NOT be displayed
- Did You Have a Paranormal Experience? Yes No Not Sure
- Have You Been To This Haunt? Yes No Not Sure
- Would you recommended to a friend? Yes No Not Sure
Contact Phone #: (269) 966-1538
Visitors to this page: 697 Last edit to this listing: 4/19/2016 (2755 days ago)
Scariest 2023 Michigan Haunted Houses: Map of 44 Best Haunted Attractions and Hayrides in MI This Halloween - Pontiac, Detroit, Kalamazoo, Saginaw, Grand Rapids and More
Scariest 2023 Michigan Haunted Houses: Map of 44 Best Halloween Attractions in MI | Updated October 1, 2023 By Sherry Trautman | Travel-Mi.com
Grab our interactive map of ALL the scariest, best haunted attractions and houses in Michigan!
We have the best and scariest haunted houses in Michigan! If you are searching for haunted houses near me, we got it!
- Check out our list of the best haunted houses in Michigan: Pontiac, Detroit, Niles, Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, Saginaw, Jackson, Jonesville, Madison Heights, Traverse City, Bay City and Lansing areas.
Fantastic haunted hayrides, haunted attractions and haunted forests to visit this Halloween are also listed.
* Be sure to visit each location's website or Facebook page prior to visiting to ensure their operating, hours, costs, requirements and any necessary information.
Haunted Houses in Michigan Table of Contents:
- Map of Haunted Houses
- List of 44 Haunted Houses in Michigan
- Traverse City | West Branch
- Saginaw | Bay City
- Flint, Lapeer | Davison | Holly
- Detroit | Pontiac
- Ann Arbor | Ypsilanti | Romulus
- Battle Creek | Kalamazoo | Niles
- Grand Rapids | Wyoming
Epic Interactive Michigan Haunted Houses Map to Visit This Halloween
Zoom into your intended region and choose your scare event!
Be sure to click this Michigan Haunted Houses Google Link for live navigation as you drive!
Helpful Map Tips:
- Click on the plus and minus in the left corner to zoom in or out of the map.
- Click on the icons for more info, websites, addresses of the stops.
- Click on the map to drag and move it to view surrounding areas.
- In the Header, click on the rectangle in the upper left of the map to see a menu of all of our stops. Click on anything that looks interesting to see where it is on the map. To hide the menu, click the rectangle in the header.
- In the Header, click on the "square" icon in the upper right side to expand the map for better viewing.
34 HAUNTED Places In Michigan + MAP! Tours, Lighthouses
(UPDATED Oct 1, 2023) HAUNTED Places In Michigan | Haunted Houses, Cemeteries, Apparitions, Lighthouses, Paranormal Tours, Abandoned Places, Asylum
Top 2023 Michigan Halloween Events, Parties, Zoo Boo's, Bar Crawls FUN
UPDATED 2023 Michigan Halloween Events, Parties, Kid Friendly, Zoo Boo's, Bar Crawls, Festivals, October Things to do in Michigan, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids
2023 Michigan POLAR EXPRESS STEAM TRAIN Rides | Pere Marquette1225
Ride The Magical Michigan Polar Express Steam Train! This Christmas See Santa! | Pere Marquette 1225 | Christmas North Pole Express in Owosso Michigan
Michigan Haunted Houses FAQ'S: What is the number one rated haunted house in Michigan? The Scariest?
What is the number one rated haunted house in Michigan? Madison Heights: Azra Chamber of Horrors Haunted House is voted # 3 by USA Today's Choice 2023!
However, it would be ghastly to leave out Erebus Haunted Attraction located in Pontiac. Erebus is one of the best among all of America's and Michigan haunted houses. In 2019, USA Today’s Readers' Choice named Erebus the best haunted attraction in the country . This 4-story frightfest is worth you visit!
More horrific, scream inducing top Haunted Houses include:
- Full Moon Manor Haunted House, Highland, MI
- Past Tense After Dark in Lapeer, MI
- Hush Haunted Attraction in Westland, MI
What is the world's largest haunted house in Michigan?
- Frightful Fun! " Erebus , located in Pontiac, is a four story haunted house that was entered into the Guinness Book of World Records as the World's Largest Walk-Through Haunted Attraction in 2005."
What haunted house has multiple floors in Michigan? Erebus
Our Top 44 Haunted Houses in Michigan
Chris and I love to visit new haunted houses and attractions each year. Which ones will scare us the most this Halloween season?
Best Michigan Haunted Houses (Northern Michigan) Traverse City | West Branch | Manistee
- Traverse City : Asylum Flashlight Tour - Experience a night at the Northern Michigan Asylum. Explore one of the most popular cottages from attic to basement as stories from our historic past are told in the dim light of your flashlights. Keep your flashlight handy as this 90 minutes ends with a walk through the 1885 steam tunnels. 830 Cottageview Drive, Suite 101 Traverse City, Michigan. Select days and times.
- Kingsley (Near Traverse City): Ghost Farm of Kingsley - 5010 Pierce Rd, Kingsley, MI 49649 (Near Traverse City) - Tour the The Ghost Farm of Kingsley's Haunted Trails in a dark woods! Are you brave enough? There's also Historical Ghost Lantern Tours and Ghost Hunting Experiences. The fun starts the beginning of September at this haunted woods in Michigan.
- Houghton Lake: Spears House of Fright at the Anchor Inn, 1781 Heightsview Dr, Houghton Lake, MI 48629. Check out this Michigan haunted house!
Manistee’s Ghost Ship: Proceeds Help Preserve of the S.S. City of Milwaukee and USCGC Acacia
- Manistee: Manistee’s Ghost Ship, 99 Arthur St., Manistee, Michigan. Manistee's Ghost Ship is a haunted house attraction located on the historic car ferry S.S. City of Milwaukee. It is a fundraising event and is open Friday and Saturday nights in October, 7:30pm - 10:30pm.This chills inducing haunted attraction consists of five to six decks and takes about 25-45 minutes. All proceeds go towards the Preservation of the S.S. City of Milwaukee and USCGC Acacia.
Best Michigan Haunted Houses, (Mid Michigan Region) Saginaw | Bay City | Ashley
Edison Incident Haunted Attraction, Edson Inc - Ghost Ship! Immersive Experience!
- Bay City : Edison Incident Haunted Attraction, Bay City, MI 48706. Tour the USS Edson Naval Ship ...at night! Calling all fearless thrill-seekers for this immersive experience on the east side of Michigan.
The Edison Incident Fridays and Saturdays, starting September 29, 2023 - October 28, 2023.
This incredible naval ship can be toured during the day too!
- Saginaw: Wild Woods of Terror is an awesome Saginaw haunted house! 7500 Venoy Rd, Saginaw, MI 48604... check their Facebook page to see if they are open this year.
- Saginaw: Factory of the Dead Haunted House - 906 Lapeer Ave, Saginaw, MI 48607. Four escape rooms, 2 gellyball arenas, axe throwing, shooting gallery and so much more! Freakin' awesome Saginaw haunted house!
- Saginaw: Xavier Haunt - 121 N Hamilton St, Saginaw, MI 48602. We love this Saginaw haunted house!
- St. Charles: St. Charles Haunted House 400 E Water St, St Charles, MI 48655. The Village of the Living Dead opens September 29, 2023 with select dates and times.
- Ashley: Hinterland Haunted Attraction, Open Fridays and Saturdays, September 29-October 28, 2023. 106 S Sterling St, Ashley, MI 48806. Great haunted attraction to visit this Halloween!
- Ashley: Terror on 27. Location: 8691 S Bagley Rd, Ashley, MI 48806 Did you know there are three attractions at Terror on 27? Two haunted houses and a maze could drive you to insanity! Can you make it through the tunnel of delusion or the gates of hell? Beware, your soul could be stolen! You gotta check out this haunted house in Michigan.
Best Michigan Haunted Houses, (East Michigan) Flint | Lapeer | Davison | Holly | Fenton
More scary haunted houses Michigan!
- Flint : Exit 13 Haunted House. 6069 Saginaw St, Flint, MI 48505. Described as the largest, most extreme house of horrors in the area! Their spooky haunted house isn't just a creaky shack, it tests your darkest fears. Beware: They use intense features and extreme imagery to test the limits of your courage! One of the best haunted houses in Michigan 2023.
- Fenton: The Howling Haunted Trail & Party, 13575a Fenton Rd, Fenton, MI 48430. Their spooky trail takes you back into the deep woods to where the wild things come out to play. You will encounter spooky spirits & creatures that hide in the dark as you wander the twisting path.
- Davison : Dreadlands Haunt of Davison. 10280 E Stanley Rd, Davison, MI 48423. Are you ready to scream!? Wander along the multi-level indoor research laboratories, ride the Zip Line Ride, try your skill at the Zombie Paintball Sniper Arena. Check out the Labyrinth - a 5000 sf maze with moving interior walls!
- Lapeer: Past Tense After Dark, 1965 Farnsworth Rd, Lapeer, MI 48446. Check out this haunted house in Michigan! This haunted destination has three attractions: The House of Horrors, the Hayride of Despair and the Corn Maze of Fear. If you are brave enough to make it out unscathed, be sure to enjoy cider and donuts at the cider mill next door.
- Swartz Creek: Spooky Trails. This lovely pumpkin farm offers family fun with pumpkins, hayrides, a haunted house and corn maze. Address: 8266 Baldwin Rd, Swartz Creek, MI 48473
- Holly: Rotten Manor, 13245 Dixie Hwy, Holly, MI 48442. Rotten Manor is one of the premier attractions in the Michigan haunt scene. Two full 35-45 minute attractions include The Rotten Manor and The Rotten Asylum/ Forest. Rotten Manor also has a midway full of carnival-themed games and activities. This haunted season includes the Rotten Hayride. Be prepared for some really great scares at this haunted house in Holly Michigan.
How long does it take to get through rotten Manor? It takes about 45 minutes.
Best Michigan Haunted Houses, (Southeast Michigan) Metro Detroit | Downtown Pontiac | Madison Heights | Taylor
These Metro Detroit haunted houses are some of the scariest haunted houses in Michigan!
Erebus Haunted Attraction: Four-story Haunted House, Tower of Terror | Half-Mile Indoor Walk
- Pontiac Haunted House : Erebus Haunted Attraction - one of the best haunted houses in Pontiac MI. This four-story Tower of Terror haunted attraction is located in Pontiac, Michigan and opens seasonally for Halloween. Did you know Erebus held the Guinness World Record for largest walk-through haunted attraction from 2005 until 2009? So check out Erebus Haunted House 2023! It is not recommended for children under the age of 13. The attraction is just over a half-mile walk inside. The average group takes 35 to 45 minutes. Location: 18 S Perry St, Pontiac, MI 48342. One of the best haunted houses in Michigan!
Azra Haunted House Chamber of Horrors
- Madison Heights : Azra Haunted House Chamber of Horrors, 31401 John R Rd bldg 2, Madison Heights, MI 48071. Rated #1 Michigan Haunted House by Scare Factor, Haunt World, Fright Find! The area is covered as heated so the waiting in line isn't so bad! Enjoy live DJ and fire shows most nights at Club Azra while you wait in line. No bags or purses allowed so leave them in your car or at home! Incredible haunted house in Madison Heights Michigan!
- Lenox: Scarefest Scream Park, 34111 28 Mile Rd, Lenox, MI 48048. Awesome haunted house and hayride in Detroit Michigan! There's 4 haunted attractions, beer tent, food, live music, bonfire, scary movies and more! Check out their all-ages Hayride of Doom to the more intense Castle of the Dead haunted house.
- Grosse Pointe Farms: Haunted Garage Productions. 19520 Mack Ave, Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236. Family geared Halloween Attraction for all ages.
- Taylor: The Scream Machine, 25710 Northline Rd, Taylor, MI 48180. Located in the Taylor Town Trade Center, The Scream Machine leads visitors through a crypt and a “menagerie of failed creations.” There are also two optional five-minute escape rooms.
Eloise Asylum | Paranormal Tours and Haunted House with Over 120 Spooky Actors!
- Westland: Eloise Asylum, 30712 Michigan Ave, Westland, MI 48186. Metro Detroit Haunted House. Eloise Asylum is becoming the Disney of Haunted Attractions! Haunted tours, paranormal investigations, escape rooms. Eloise’s 54,000 sq ft of high-tech horror presents a haunting, horror experience unlike any other! There are over 120 event staff and professionally trained scare actors nightly!
Best Michigan Haunted Houses, (South East Michigan) Mystery, Adventure, and Horror Await! Ann Arbor | Ypsilanti | Romulus | Pinckney
- Westland: Hush Haunted Attraction, 37550 Cherry Hill Rd, Westland, MI 48185. This outrageous Michigan haunted house has three super scary haunted attractions so check it out this Halloween! Check out Hush, one of the scariest scary haunted house in Michigan! Will you discover the dark hidden secrets?
- Romulus: Deranged Haunt, 35560 Goddard Rd, Romulus, MI 48174 Are you brave enough to endure the haunted trail and haunted house? Spend time outside walking through the darkest parts of the woods! Note: You will encounter uneven surfaces. This Romulus haunted attraction will test your wills!
- Ypsilanti: Wiard's Night Terrors: Haunted Thrill Park, 5565 Merritt Rd, Ypsilanti, MI 48197. See alien cages clowns, explore the asylum to test your sanity, try to survive the the Ultimate Haunted Barn and take a spooky Hayride of the Lost. One of the scariest haunted houses in Michigan!
- Pinckney: Ghostly Grove Haunted Forest Attraction, 10055 Dexter-Pinckney Rd, Pinckney, MI 48169. Take scroll through their haunted woods...what could possibly go wrong? This locally spectacular haunting experience is an incredible haunted attraction in Michigan!
- Pinckney: Terrorfield Forest, 145 Swarthout Rd, Pinckney, MI 48169. This incredible haunted woods in Michigan is just under a mile long walk. How long does it take to get through? About 45 minutes.
- Fowlerville: Grand River Corn Maze, 5781 W Grand River Rd, Fowlerville, MI 48836
Slaughterhouse Adventure and Haunted Maze
- Fowlerville: Slaughterhouse Adventure, 5781 Grand River, Fowlerville, Slaughterhouse Adventure offers a total of four terrifying attractions: a haunted house, haunted hayride, haunted corn maze and an escape room. Also check out the 26-acre non-haunted corn maze that's fun for the whole family. Refreshments, video games, slides and moonwalk will entertain your friends and family!
Best Haunted Houses in Michigan: (South Michigan) Jackson, Leslie, Cement City
We bet you will find your 2022 best haunted house in Michigan on our lists.
- Leslie: Awaken Haunted Attraction, 4760 Churchill Rd, Leslie, MI 49251, Awaken has over 32,000 sq ft of mind numbing terror waiting for you in Leslie, Michigan! Are you brave enough to endure 4 haunted attractions in one night? There's a haunted house, 3D haunted experience, pallet maze and lastly, an outdoor trail and loop around back to the haunted house.
- Jackson: Jackson's Underworld, 1318 Wildwood Ave, Jackson, MI 49202. You gotta see this 4 story extreme haunted house in Jackson Michigan!
- Cement City: Zombiewoods and Haunt, 18341 US-12, Cement City, MI 49233, Haunted houses, 3D maze, zoombie woods walk, ghost town and zombie prison! Are you brave enough to endure one of the scariest haunted houses in Michigan?
- Jonesville: Darksyde Acres Haunted House, 11375 Rowe Rd, Jonesville, MI 49250. Come get a one-of-a-kind ghostly experience at Darksyde Acres Haunted house! They are located just off of US 12 at 11375 Rowe Rd in Jonesville, MI. Are you brave enough to endure 5 EXTREME haunted houses and scary attractions? There's a chainsaw maze and a clown-themed haunt. Hand-built sets cater to all ages and fears of all kinds. With over 70,000 square feet of attraction, Darksyde Acres is one of the largest haunts in the tri-state area.
Best Michigan Haunted Houses, (South West Michigan) Battle Creek | Kalamazoo | Niles | Mattawan
You will love these haunted attractions in Michigan.
- Battle Creek: Fear the Farm - 20309 Capital Ave NE, Battle Creek, MI 49017
- Coloma : Jollay Orchards Haunted House - 1850 Friday Rd, Coloma, MI 49038
- Kalamazoo: Psycho Ward Haunted House - (Kalamazoo Speedway Haunted House is an awesome Kalamazoo haunted house!) 7656 Ravine Rd, Kalamazoo, MI 49009. Our favorite haunted house in Kalamazoo!
- Kalamazoo : Nightmare Realm 23492 Red Arrow Hwy, Mattawan, MI 49071. West Michigan’s all new immersive haunting experience. Fridays and Saturdays, beginning October 6, 2023. Your terrifying experience begins in the parking lot at Paw Paw High School (located at 30609 Red Arrow Hwy, Paw Paw, MI 49079) where a scary group has escaped Cypress Hollow to torment the living. You'll hot aboard buses where you will meet scary creatures along the ride. Upon your arrival at Nightmare Realm you will enter the heart of Cypress Hollow where the terror and horror begins.
- Mattawan: Nightmare Realm, 23492 Red Arrow Hwy, Mattawan, MI 49071 Your experience begins in the parking lot at Paw Paw High School (located at 30609 Red Arrow Hwy, Paw Paw, MI) where a gang of has escaped Cypress Hollow to torment the living. You will be met face to face with one of our creatures joining you on the ride to the Attraction! Upon your arrival at Nightmare Realm you will guided to the heart of Cypress Hollow where the true horror begins...
- Niles: Niles Scream Park, 855 Mayflower Rd, Niles, MI 49120. You gotta check out his Niles Michigan haunted house! The attractions include a haunted house that includes more than 100 different paths inside, outdoor mazes and a haunted hayride. Additionally, there is an attraction that simulates the Salem Witch Trials. There's 44 acres of blood-curdling fear and unique shows!
How long does it take to go through Niles Scream Park?
It takes about 30-40 minutes How old do you have to be to go to Niles Scream Park?
Their Michigan haunted hayride and the midway attractions are not recommended for children under the age of 6. Super scary Michigan haunted attractions.
Best Michigan Haunted Houses, (West Michigan) Grand Rapids | Wyoming | Sparta | Corpses and Witches Woods Await!
Best Haunted Houses Grand Rapids
We love these haunted houses in the Grand Rapids region!
- Dorr: Witches of New Salem - 4516 24TH Street, Dorr, MI 4932. Haunted corn maze and haunted witches woods! There are two scary trails through the woods so watch out for witches! Watch out for witches, ghouls and mentally twisted! Are you brave enough?
There's a daytime corn maze too for the faint of heart.
Plus: There's a Halloween Lights Spooktacular! Jump on a wagon and take a ride through the trail with lights synchronized to Halloween songs. Fun for everyone!
- Wyoming: The Haunt, 1256 28th St SW, Wyoming, MI 49509. Several super scary haunted attractions near Grand Rapids Michigan.
- Sparta: Abandoned Acres Farm Haunted Attraction, 7737 Fruit Ridge Ave NW, Sparta, MI 49345. Their Haunted Attractions are unique, immersive experiences so prepare to be scared! Can you survive the Bloody Butcher Corn Maze with lurking mutant pumpkins, scary witches, wandering corpses, scarecrows, hillbillies and insane farm animals? Spooky haunted house Michigan.
The Big Top Terror Vision Corn Maze is carnival themed full of crazed clowns, misfits and deranged circus animals in a 3D environment (3D Glasses Included). The mazes are a quarter of a mile long each and you will enter buildings, barns and sets, animatronics and special effects!!
LOL MOMENT: This Creepy Pair of Underwear book makes me LOL!
For even more fun: Book tickets for Halloween in Greenfield Village ! Scream or laugh, your choice!
You might like these:
Pin this michigan haunted houses page.
Subscribe To Receive Exciting Destinations, Day Trips and Fun Directly to Your Inbox!
Sign Up to Our Newsletter to Get the 5 Free Must Have Apps to Travel in Michigan Like a Boss!
Follow us on instagram .
Where Do You Want To Start Your Next Adventure?
Polar Express Trains
Mackinac Island FAQ: Top 27 Questions and Answers - Know Before You Go
Nov 04, 23 05:23 PM
Michigan Fossil Hunting: Find Fossils, Yooperlites, Petoskey Stones!
Nov 04, 23 04:05 PM
Zehnder's Frankenmuth Snowfest 2024 | Events, Dates, Schedule | Ice
Nov 01, 23 11:31 AM
What is an RSS Feed?
Travel- MI. com
2014 N Saginaw Rd
Midland, MI 48640
© Copyright Travel-mi.com 2018-2023
Murder Mystery at The Kalamazoo House
Monday • 6:00 PM
The Kalamazoo House
"Gingy House" Christmas Cookie Class (Kalamazoo) with MaddieKakes Bake Shop
Tue, Dec 5 • 6:00 PM
Colors & Cocktails: The Mobile Art Party
Yuletide Evening at the Beech House
Sat, Dec 9 • 5:00 PM
11 E Chicago St
Women in Manufacturing Decorate Stoneleigh Residence - Hospice House
Tue, Nov 14 • 9:00 AM
Stoneleigh Residence & Hospice of Lansing
Def Leppard Armageddon with a SPECIAL SURPRISE GUEST TRIBUTE!
Sat, Nov 18 • 6:00 PM
245 E Columbia Ave
90s vs 2000s Sip & Paint Event
Fri, Dec 1 • 4:00 PM
Doterra & Tupperware Happy Holidays Party
Sun, Dec 3 • 1:00 PM
Harry Potter Party!
Fri, Nov 10 • 5:00 PM
Eaton Area Senior Center
PMP Classroom Certification Training Bootcamp in Battle Creek, MI
Wednesday • 9:00 AM + 21 more
Battle Creek, MI- The venue will be close to your place. It can be conducted near your zip code
Wizard's Pub! (Ages 21 & Up Event)
Sat, Nov 11 • 6:00 PM
Monthly Monday Night Open House @ the MSU Bug House
Mon, Nov 13 • 5:30 PM
Michigan State University Bug House
Holiday Homes Tour of Bristol 2023
Sat, Dec 2 • 5:00 PM
707 East Vistula Street, Bristol, IN, USA
Holiday Wine Tasting
Fri, Nov 10 • 6:00 PM
What’s On Your Spiritual Bucket List? (Free Event)
Monday • 6:30 PM
Public Media Network
Big Data And Hadoop Training in Kalamazoo, MI
Tue, Nov 28 • 9:00 AM + 10 more
80's Trivia Night Hosted by Miss. Moscato
Wed, Nov 15 • 7:00 PM
Green Door Distilling Co.
123NET & Allegan County Open House
Mon, Nov 13 • 4:00 PM
Hopkins Middle School - Cafeteria
BRIAN VANDER ARK
Sat, Nov 11 • 8:00 PM
Grand Ledge Holiday Wishes 2023
Thu, Dec 7 • 7:00 PM
Grand Ledge Opera House, South Bridge Street, Grand Ledge, MI, USA
SATURDAY, November 11, 2023 - Madison Holiday House Tour
Sat, Nov 11 • 10:00 AM
Things to do around Battle Creek
- Battle Creek
Michigan Nearby Towns
- Hickory Corners
- All Michigan Cities
- Explore Another City
- Subscribe to our RSS
- Follow us on twitter
- Follow us on Facebook
- Select a City
- Battle Creek, MI
- Michigan Halloween Events
Searching for the best place to find Halloween Haunted Houses and Halloween events in Battle Creek, MI? Look no further as we have pulled together the best list of Halloween happenings for Michigan. Use this list below to find the best Halloween events and happenings in your area or browse through our spooky list of Halloween Trick or Treating events, Halloween Parades and more in MI.
Hunting for scares and screams in a Michigan Halloween Haunted House near Battle Creek? We've got you covered.
In need of a jack-o'-lantern? Check out our collection of pumpkin patches, farms, and stands near Battle Creek, MI.
Find Michigan Halloween Events!
The haunt attractions, covid-19 resources, find michigan haunted houses, haunted hallow.
Forest of Fear
SplatmanBOO Haunted Forest
DarkSyde Acres Haunted House
New Salem Corn Maze
Awaken Haunted Attraction
Jackson's Underworld Haunted House
- American Red Cross News - Disaster Relief Support Needed
- American Red Cross News - Give Something That Means Something
- American Lung Association October News: RSV, Clinical Trials, Fall Allergies, Asthma Education
School Closings View our updated school closings list.
Local schools find education near you., local groups view all the organizations in your community., businesses vfind popular businesses near you., jobs looking to work locally try these listings we found., list your organization.
Do you have a non-profit Organization that you'd like to add?
Post An Event
Promote your event to the community.
Submit A News Release
We want to hear about the latest and greatest story that's happening within our community.
Free: See How You're Listed
On Yahoo, Yelp, SuperPages, AmericanTowns and 25 other directories!
Improve Your Listing
Add your social media links and bio and promote your discounts, menus, events.
Be sure your listing is up on all the key local directories with all your important content (social links and product info).
20 million people rely on AmericanTowns each year to find & share local information.
Kingman Museum of Natural History is located on top of a hill, on the grounds of Leila Arboretum in Battle Creek, Michigan. The building the museum is in, today, was built in 1934 as part of the Battle Creek Public School system to house the school’s collections of natural history specimens. The founder, Edward Brigham, Sr., went on many expeditions across the US, South America, the Pacific and parts of Asia to collect rare artifacts. Some of these artifacts and medical specimens include mummified remains, dinosaur fossils, and over a dozen human fetuses and dead babies.
The museum is no longer part of the school system and had to shut it’s doors for about a decade due to lack of funding since the annexation from the schools. In 2003, however, a grassroots effort made it possible to reopen and welcome the public back inside, as the museum is now incorporated and not affiliated with any local schools.
The most paranormal activity that is reported comes from the mezzanine, the planetarium and the southwest corner of the lowest level. Doors open and close on their own, conversations from people can be heard when no one is around, children laughing, items crashing down, items disappearing and reappearing, the elevator rides up and down with no one on it, etc. The most common reports are of people hearing their names whispered right into their ears and balls of flashing lights appearing out of nowhere in the planetarium.
(Submitted by Elizabeth)
If you've had a paranormal experience here, or have any additional information about this location, please let us know!
Rate this Haunted Place
What do you think? Is this place really haunted? Voice your opinion here! Click "thumbs up" if you think its haunted, or "thumbs down" if you think its all just a tall tale.
Please note: It is your responsibility to acquire appropriate permissions before investigating any location listed on this site. Private property should be respected at all times, as should all posted signs concerning trespassing, hours of operation and other local regulations. Many "ghost hunters" have been arrested because they failed to contact property owners and/or local authorities ahead of time.
Share Your Experiences
Kingman Museum is now closed. the museum moved all the artifacts out of the building. It was in such disrepair that leaks were damaging the displays
Share Your Comments Cancel comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Your Comments Have a photograph taken from this location? Use the "Browse" or "Choose File" button below to select an image to upload along with your comment.
Disclaimer: The stories posted here are user-submitted and are, in the nature of "ghost stories," largely unverifiable. HauntedPlaces.org makes no claims that any of the statements posted here are factually accurate. The vast majority of information provided on this web site is anecdotal, and as such, should be viewed in the same light as local folklore and urban legends.
- Select a State
- Battle Creek, MI
- Haunted Houses
Forest of Fear
SplatmanBOO Haunted Forest
DarkSyde Acres Haunted House
New Salem Corn Maze
Awaken Haunted Attraction
Jackson's Underworld Haunted House
Shawhaven Haunted Farm
Phantasmagoria Haunted House
Village of Living Dead
Witch's Walk Haunted Corn Maze
- Christmas Festivals and New Year's Events
- Christmas Tree Farms
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Ski & Snowboard Resorts
- Cross Country Skiing
- Memorial Day Parades
- July 4 Events
- Fall Festivals
- Apple Picking
- Pumpkin Picking
- Wineries & Vineyards
- Car Deals and Guide
- EV Charging Stations
- Nature Centers
- Botanical Gardens
- Public Golf Courses
- Picnic Spots
- Public Tennis Courts
- Art Galleries
- Beautiful Theaters
- Science Centers
- Historical Sites
- Food Truck Festivals
- Farmers' Markets
- Craft Fairs
- Live Theater
- Kid's Education Activities
- Barton City
- Black River
- Eben Junction
- Grand Marais
- Hubbard Lake
- Central Lake
Baraga county, barry county.
- Hickory Corners
- University Center
- Benton Harbor
- Berrien Center
- Berrien Springs
- Hagar Shores
- New Buffalo
- Saint Joseph
- Battle Creek
- Beaver Island
- Boyne Falls
- East Jordan
- Walloon Lake
- Indian River
- Mackinaw City
- Mullett Lake
- De Tour Village
- Drummond Island
- Sault Sainte Marie
- Lake George
- Maple Rapids
- Saint Johns
- Rapid River
- Foster City
- Iron Mountain
- Eaton Rapids
- Grand Ledge
- Cross Village
- Harbor Springs
- Grand Blanc
- Mount Morris
- Swartz Creek
Gogebic county, grand traverse county.
- Old Mission
- Traverse City
- North Adams
- Somerset Center
- Atlantic Mine
- Copper City
- Lake Linden
- South Range
- Harbor Beach
- Port Austin
- East Lansing
- Lake Odessa
- National City
- Crystal Falls
- Mount Pleasant
- Michigan Center
- Pleasant Lake
- Rives Junction
- Spring Arbor
- South Boardman
- Byron Center
- Cedar Springs
- Comstock Park
- East Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids
- Copper Harbor
- North Branch
- Lake Leelanau
- Suttons Bay
- Cement City
- Manitou Beach
- Mackinac Island
- Pointe Aux Pins
- Saint Ignace
- Center Line
- Clinton Township
- Clinton Twp
- Harrison Township
- Mount Clemens
- New Baltimore
- Saint Clair Shores
- Shelby Township
- Sterling Heights
- Little Lake
- National Mine
- Chippewa Lake
Missaukee county, monroe county.
- Ottawa Lake
- South Rockwood
- Carson City
- Howard City
- Sylvan Beach
- White Cloud
- Auburn Hills
- Bloomfield Hills
- Commerce Township
- Drayton Plains
- Farmington Hills
- Huntington Woods
- Keego Harbor
- Lathrup Village
- Madison Heights
- Pleasant Ridge
- Rochester Hills
- Walled Lake
- West Bloomfield
- Silver Lake
- South Branch
- West Branch
- Bruce Crossing
- Trout Creek
Oscoda county, otsego county.
- Grand Haven
- North Shores
- Spring Lake
Presque Isle County
- Presque Isle
- Rogers City
- Higgins Lake
- Houghton Lake
- Houghton Lake Heights
- Saint Helen
- Saint Charles
Saint Clair County
- Fort Gratiot
- Harsens Island
- Ira Township
- Marine City
- North Street
- Saint Clair
- Smiths Creek
Saint Joseph County
- Three Rivers
- White Pigeon
- Minden City
- Port Sanilac
- New Lothrop
Van buren county.
- Grand Junction
- South Haven
- Whitmore Lake
- Dearborn Heights
- Garden City
- Grosse Pointe
- Grosse Pointe Farms
- Grosse Pointe Park
- Harper Woods
- Highland Park
- Lincoln Park
- River Rouge
- New Hampshire
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Select Nearby Town
- Springfield, MI
- Augusta, MI
- Bedford, MI
- Ceresco, MI
- East Leroy, MI
- Galesburg, MI
- Hickory Corners, MI
- Richland, MI
- Marshall, MI
- Comstock, MI
Where to find Halloween fun in Battle Creek
It is the spooky time of year when children and adults gather in Battle Creek to enjoy candy giveaways, crafts, costume contests and more.
After a two-year hiatus due to the pandemic, the Kellogg Community College "Bruin Boo" trick-or-treat event returned Wednesday evening, drawing approximately 1,900 people.
But there is still more candy and fun to be had in Battle Creek, which does not regulate the Oct. 31 holiday in any way. Here are some local events scheduled through Halloween night:
FireKeepers Costume Contest & Parade
∙ When : Friday, 5 p.m.
∙ Where : FireKeepers Casino and Hotel, 11177 E. Michigan Ave.
∙ What : This costume contest for adults features $10,000 in prizes, with the first place winner receiving $2,000 in cash and $3,000 in "red hot" credits, with monetary prizes awarded through 10th place. All guests automatically enter to win $2,000 in credits. Registration begins at 5 p.m., with the costume contest scheduled for 8 p.m. and the parade through the casino floor at 9 p.m.
∙ Info : firekeeperscasino.com .
Pumpkinfest at Leila Arboretum
∙ When : Saturday, noon-8 p.m.
∙ Where : Leila Arboretum, 928 W. Michigan Ave.
∙ What : The Halloween festival for the entire family was held for the first time in 2021 and returns with trick or treating, a haunted hayride, free crafts, free carnival games and a bounce house, food trucks, a beer tent with brews from Territorial Brewing Company, live music and a magician.
∙ Info : Facebook.com/bcpumpkinfest .
Battle Creek Police Trunk-or-Treat
∙ When : Monday, 5-7 p.m.
∙ Where : Bailey Park, 1350 Capital Ave. NE 1350
∙ What : The 10th annual event hosted by the Battle Creek Police Department is free and open to the public. Volunteers will hand out candy in the parking lot in front of C.O. Brown Stadium, where visitors are also welcome to park and walk the event.
∙ Info : 269-966-3466.
Home Run Dog Park 'Howl-o-ween Pawty'
∙ When : Saturday, 1-3 p.m.
∙ Where : 800 E. Roosevelt Ave.
∙ What : The third annual dog costume contest is free to enter and open to the public. It will be held inside the dog park located at Bailey Park, with a theme this year of "working dogs." Prizes will be awarded for the best costume in the theme category, and for scariest, silliest, most original and best duo or trio.
∙ Info : Facebook.com/homerundogpark .
Halloween 'Paw-Tay' at The Griffin Grill & Pub
∙ When : Saturday, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
∙ Where : Griffin Grill & Pub, 38 W. Michigan Ave.
∙ What : A dog and guardian costume contest with a photo booth, dog charcuterie boards and plant-based food options, serving as a fundraiser for Battle Creek animal advocacy nonprofit All Species Kinship.
∙ Info : allspecieskinship.org and hunthalloween.com
Halloween Bash at Music Factory
∙ When : Friday, 7 p.m.; Saturday, 6 p.m.
∙ Where : The Music Factory, 191 Angell St.
∙ What : On Friday, it will be free admission as DMT performs, along with special guest comedian Rob Bagley. On Saturday, tickets are $10 for the show featuring Gwar tribute band Fwar, along with I Decide I and Peace Below. There will be a costume contest with a $200 cash prize on each night.
∙ Info : 269-962-2121.
Trunk-or-Treat 5K and Trunk-or-Treat at Riverside
∙ When : Saturday, 2 p.m.
∙ Where : Riverside Park, 650 Riverside Dr.
∙ What : This 5K and trunk-or-treat event hosted by Holmes Fitness returns for a second year. Registration for the race is through getstronghf.com , and costs $10 for kids and $15 for adults. The trunk-or-treat portion is scheduled to begin at 3:45 p.m.
∙ Info : Text 269-245-6325.
Urban League Treat Trail
∙ When : Monday, 4-6 p.m.
∙ Where : Participating downtown businesses (see Southwestern Michigan Urban League Facebook page for map)
∙ What : A treat giveaway presented by the Southwestern Michigan Urban League, the A. Phillip Randolph Institute and the N.A.A.C.P. Battle Creek Branch.
∙ Info : [email protected], 269-962-5553.
CORRECTIONS AND CLARIFICATIONS: A previous published version of this article included the incorrect date for the Battle Creek Police Trunk-or-Treat, which is on Monday.
Contact reporter Nick Buckley at [email protected] or 269-966-0652. Follow him on Twitter:@NickJBuckley
- Haunted Houses in Michigan
- Awaken Haunted Attraction
4760 Churchill Road, Leslie, Michigan, 49251
Rate already submitted for this profile!
Find haunted houses, find haunted hayrides, find pumpkin patches, find corn mazes, real haunted houses, escape rooms.
Battle Creek Enquirer
'It’s time to get back to basics': Steve Frisbie announces run for State House seat
Posted: November 1, 2023 | Last updated: November 1, 2023
A Calhoun County commissioner is making a run at the State House in 2024.
District 4 Commissioner Steve Frisbie, R-Pennfield Township, on Monday declared his candidacy for state representative in Michigan's 44th House District while surrounded by family, colleagues and supporters at Milton Mezzanine.
The 44th District seat is currently held by Rep. Jim Haadsma, D-Battle Creek. The 44th District includes the cities of Battle Creek, Springfield and Albion, along with Bedford, Pennfield, Convis, Lee, Clarence and Sheridan townships.
"It’s time for a change. It’s time to get back to basics," Frisbie said in a speech announcing his candidacy Monday. "A government that serves the people, not the whims of special interests. A government that’s transparent, open, and honest."
Frisbie currently serves as vice president of LifeCare Ambulance and has been on the county commission for more than a decade. He credits his family, fellow county commissioners and state officials for their ongoing support and collaboration, which he said has been instrumental in his decision to run.
In his speech Monday, Frisbie called for safer schools, stronger communities and a brighter economic future for Michigan.
"Michigan was once a beacon for growth and opportunity, and it can be so again," Frisbie said. "I am ready to bring my abilities and a lifetime of public service experience to bear on the challenges ahead."
Contact reporter Greyson Steele at [email protected]
This article originally appeared on Battle Creek Enquirer: 'It’s time to get back to basics': Steve Frisbie announces run for State House seat
More for You
The Supreme Court Shot Down Mike Johnson’s Argument Against Certifying The 2020 Election
Can I collect both my dead spouse’s Social Security and my own at the same time? Here are 5 secrets of ‘survivors benefits’ you need to know
How Notre Dame blew it against Clemson, lost chance at New Year's Six bowl game
35 Creamy Soup Recipes
Popular retailer back from bankruptcy, liquidation with new stores
A boomer who moved from California to Tennessee said the slower pace of life and lower cost of living are big pluses
What House Speaker Mike Johnson has said about Social Security and Medicare
'It's not taxed at all': Warren Buffett shares the 'best investment' you can make when battling inflation
Fans Speculate On Arch Manning's Future After Maalik Murphy's First Half Performance vs. Kansas State
Nuclear Bomb Map Shows Impact of New US Weapon on World's Major Cities
Downtown San Francisco McDonald's location closes after 30 years: 'Not recovered since the pandemic'
Rep. Jamie Raskin copyedited Rep. George Santos' error-laden thank you letter and sent it back to him
My husband’s parents left a $585,000 trust. My sister-in-law is trustee, but blocks our calls and plans to skip town. What can we do?
Hagar the Horrible by Chris Browne
Texas QB Arch Manning Was The Talk Of College Football On Saturday
Washington state senator behind wealth tax proposal responds to Bezos’ departure
Daily horoscope today: November 4, 2023 astrological predictions for your star sign
US officials are concerned that Ukraine is running out of troops and have hinted at peace talks with Russia, report says
China is Hoarding the World's Gold
‘Jessica’s cancer was missed 20 times by GPs – she never stood a chance’
- Game Center
Late night hustle: Michigan House passes repeal of some abortion access restrictions
by News Channel 3 and Rachel Louise Just
LANSING, Mich. — The lights were on late in Lansing as the Michigan House finished voting just before midnight Wednesday on what is expected to be some of the final pieces of legislation passed in 2023.
The Legislature is expected to adjourn early for the year, but it has many priorities remaining on its agenda.
At the end of a more than ten-hour session day, the House voted along party lines to approve a series of bills that implement the Democrats' Reproductive Health Act , which removes some remaining restrictions to access abortion in Michigan.
The House also passed:
- Legislation that will ban for a period of eight years anyone who is convicted of domestic abuse from owning or buying new firearms
- Legislation that would put in place penalties for people who intimidate election workers.
- A five-bill package to require that AI use in political campaigns be disclosed
More legislation that would take approval of large, renewable energy projects out of local hands remain on the agenda. House bills that would implement Proposal 1 , a plan approved by voters last year to change term limits and add financial transparency requirements for lawmakers, did not come to a vote on Wednesday.
- Elections: Michigan legislation to lift ban on hired rides to polls heads to Whitmer's desk