- Ghost hunters
- Team Phantom
- View history
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Personality
- 4.1 Jeremy and Pamela Manson
- 4.2 Ida Manson
- 4.3 Danny Fenton
- 4.4 Tucker Foley
- 4.5 Jazz Fenton
- 4.6 Undergrowth
- 4.7 Princess Dorathea
- 4.8 Prince Aragon
- 4.10 Dani Fenton
- 5.2 Abilities
- 6.1 Season 1
- 6.2 Season 2
- 6.3 Season 3
- 6.4 Crossovers
- 7.1 The College Years
- 7.2 10 Years Later
- 8.1 "Reign Storm"
- 11 References
Sam's family is extremely wealthy, being descendants of the great inventor of the deli toothpick cellophane-twirling device. However, she keeps her family's wealth as a secret, only revealing it to her best friends in Attack of the Killer Garage Sale .
Sam has known Tucker and Danny since at least the second grade, as shown in Splitting Images . She is responsible for Danny's accident and designing the "D" emblem on his outfit, which became a permanent change to his costume as of Memory Blank .
During Danny's ghost-hunting adventures, Sam has gotten into her fair share of troubles and adventures, ranging from being turned briefly into a ghost dragon when wearing the Amulet of Aragon when Paulina gave it to Sam, thinking it was hers, to accidentally wishing away Danny Phantom's existence, to nearly being a bride to Prince Aragon and to getting possessed by Undergrowth .
See Also: Sam Manson/Clothes Sam is a young Caucasian girl with violet eyes, and short black hair with a small ponytail at the top and at the back of her head held by a green hair tie. She also wears purple lipstick.
Sam's usual clothing consists of a black choker around her neck, a black top that exposes her midriff with a purple oval in the centre, black striped skirt with a green crosshatch design, purple tights, and black combat boots. She also wears a pair of black bracelets around both of her wrists.
She has also been seen in a wide variety of outfits, ranging from a rocker rebel than a goth of black and purple ball gown to a pink princess dress with hearts, and even one of the orange Fenton Works jumpsuits. In Beauty Marked , she wore fake vampire fangs.
Sam's personality is less dreary than the stereotypical " goth " persona that is often depicted in media. She can be rational, sarcastic, forceful, bossy, passionate, and strong-willed, but also good-hearted and caring. Based on how she conducts herself, it would be fairer to say that she labels herself a goth more as an outlet for her independence and individuality than as an embrace of how the stereotypical goth is presumed to behave. She isn't spoiled and would rather earn real friends instead of dealing with the popularity and fake friendships that come with wealth.
Out of the three, Sam is usually the most rational and mature, often thinking on a realistic level compared to her friends and pointing out to Danny to focus more on ghost training and hunting. It is clear that she would do anything she could to help her friends during their numerous battles and keep them out of trouble.
As an ultra-recyclo-vegetarian (she doesn't eat anything with a face), Sam is often livid over the wider range of popular materials. In Mystery Meat , she forces her ultra-recyclo-vegetarian diet on the entirety of Casper High School , despite her claims of the importance of individuality.
Sam can be rather hypocritical at times. She advises Danny against using his ghost powers for abusing bullies, but in 'Memory Blank', she suggests that he uses them to scare away people from buying environmentally-threatening trucks.  This trait often gets on Danny and Tucker's nerves. Another example is in Double Cross My Heart , when she got angry at Danny for spying on her and Gregor , but had previously done the same thing to him when he was going out with Valerie in Flirting With Disaster .
Additionally, Sam's poor qualities also include not taking responsibility for her actions. No matter how much she is at fault, she never accepts the fact she is responsible, never admits she's wrong and wants everyone to be her "Yes Man." Despite this, she is willing to take the blame for things to cover for Danny. 
Jeremy and pamela manson.
Sam has an often strained relationship with her parents due to their optimistic, colorful personalities opposing, and sometimes oppressing, her darker outlook on life and more rebellious interests.  Her mother usually tries to get her to wear clothing that is completely out of her style, such as in Control Freaks and Reign Storm . Sam mentions that she likes messing with her parents, and enjoys their absence as shown in Pirate Radio. In spite of this, she does care about them.
Sam seems to more close to her grandmother than her parents, as Ida is more understanding to her, listens to Sam more. and thinks Sam deserves more freedom. When Sam sneaks out to help Danny, despite her being under house arrest by her parents, Ida catches her, than looks the other way so she can help Danny after she explains the circumstances to her, and Sam kisses Ida on the forehead out of gratitude for doing so.
Sam also seems to her inherited her rebellious non-conformist attitude from Ida as she explained to Sam how she was a rebel when she was a teenager too in Control Freaks .
Throughout the TV series, Sam and Danny are best friends who have known each other since childhood. They always spend most of their time together, alongside their other best friend, Tucker. The two frequently quarrel, but in the end, still manage to reconcile and support each other. Sam cares a lot for Danny, and this can be seen in Parental Bonding , when she became so furious at Paulina for using Danny just to end up hurting him, that she became a dragon, (because of the amulet), who tried to attack her. She is willing to stand up for him and doing everything she can in order to keep their friendship in tact. In Memory Blank , after their argument, Sam unknowingly made a wish to Desiree that she wished she had never met him. Unfortunately, her wish was granted by and upon realizing, she regretted it, as she knew that she didn't truly mean it. She tried doing every thing she could to make things right and restore their friendship, even wearing a outfit she hated in order to get his attention.
In certain ways, Sam is actually the most enthusiastic of the three when it comes to Danny's powers and their potential. When he expresses his desire to get rid of his powers and have a normal teen life, she voices her distaste for the idea. When Danny voluntarily gives up his powers in Phantom Planet , Sam tells him that she's disappointed in his wish to be just like everybody else and tells him that she had been proud to be helping him when he was doing something good, refusing to "sit on the sidelines". She also reveals at this time that when Danny was protecting Amity Park, she felt safe knowing that there was someone out there doing the right thing, but with him no longer fighting ghosts, she's not sure what would happen.
She and Danny have always been assumed to be dating by numerous people, such as Dash in 'Mystery Meat', Valerie in Shades of Gray , Paulina in Parental Bonding, Mr. Lancer and Ember in Fanning the Flames , Star in 'Flirting with Disaster', Johnny 13 in Girls' Night Out and even Nocturn in Frightmare . However, they would always deny it, knowing that they weren't actually together.
Despite all these claims, Sam noticeably starts to develop an actual crush on him starting in 'Fanning the Flames', when she longingly stares at him as they fly to the music store . When Danny is under Ember's love spell, she mentions she enjoyed a little bit of the attention that he was giving her, but was not fully able to do so due to the seriousness of the situation. She also admits that even though she may have possibly wanted to be in a relationship with Danny, she didn't want it to be because of the love spell. Even at the end, her crush on him still remains. Her feelings towards him might have been hinted previously in 'Shades of Grey', when she kisses him for the first time, even though she passed it off as a "fake-out-make out".
Tucker was able to pick up Sam's crush on Danny soon enough, and would sometimes hint at the topic such as in Reality Trip and 'Double Cross My Heart'. Danny himself however, was rather still oblivious about her feelings towards him. Sam always had difficulty expressing her crush on him, as shown in Reign Storm , when she couldn't admit to Valerie that she liked Danny as more than a friend.
Her only other intimate interaction with him was "fake-out-make out number two" in Memory Blank which was initiated by Danny in order to create a distraction from his father. In both of the "fake-out-make outs" that they had, the two seemed to enjoy it, although they later become embarrassed by these intimate moments.  
Sam has definitely shown to express an intense dislike towards other girls that Danny has had a crush on or interacted with. She would always seem to be annoyed and irritated by their presence or even when Danny mentioned them. She was upset that Danny had ditched her and Tucker in order to spend time with Paulina (who was actually being overshadowed by Kitty) in Lucky in Love , or in Flirting With Disaster , where her jealousy had reached its peak as Danny and Valerie briefly dated each other. Her extreme jealousy has known to get the best of her, but she has never been able to open up to him, in fear of ruining or complicating their friendship. In " Double Cross My Heart ," she cringes when Tucker asks her if she knew how it felt to like someone she couldn't date. Ironically, Danny asks her this question, because he feels that way about his ghost persona's enemy, Valerie.
The two finally had their first real kiss in the series finale, and finally end up together. Of all of Danny's crushes, Sam is the only one who likes Danny as both Fenton and Phantom, and not just either one of them.
Sam considers Tucker her other best friend as well, and cares for him nearly as much as Danny. but the two are quite opposites (his meat habits as opposed to her vegetarian habits, his lighthearted behavior to her more down-to-earth method) and often bicker over even the most mundane reasons.
Sam sometimes considers him to be an annoyance but is shown to still enjoy his company. This is shown when she broke up with Gregor because of how he insulted Tucker behind his back in " Double Cross My Heart ", showing that she cares more about the feelings of her friends than to impress a boy. In the episode " Life Lessons ," Tucker and Sam are caretakers of a flour sack for a school project.
Upon Jazz's admittance of her knowledge of Danny's ghost powers, Jazz begins to assist Tucker, Sam, and Danny in capturing various ghosts which attack Amity Park.
In the episode " Girls' Night Out ," Sam gains respect for Jazz's ghost-fighting abilities when her plan to rescue Amity Park from the allied Spectra , Ember , and Kitty is successful. Both of them work together without disagreement in the later episodes and try to keep Danny's secret from everyone.
Undergrowth, a plant ghost, overshadowed Sam and became her "father" once he took over Amity Park . He turned her into his second-in-command because of her love for nature. He went as far as giving her plant-related powers to serve as a new "mother" for Undergrowth's plant children, although she was mind-controlled by him the whole time.
In " Beauty Marked ", Dorathea disguises herself as a human named Dora Mattingly, and organizes a beauty contest at Casper High to find a bride for her brother. Sam is accidentally named the winner and Dora takes her to the Ghost Zone to marry Aragon .
While preparing for the wedding Dorathea confesses to Sam that her brother constantly bullies her and forces her to do whatever he wishes. Sam responds by doing her best to fill Dorathea with confidence so she can stand up to her brother, telling her they share the same power and is just as strong as him. Eventually Aragon is defeated and Dorathea takes over their kingdom as the new ruler.
In " Beauty Marked ," Prince Aragon wishes to have a human bride, so he sends his sister to find a suitable woman via a beauty pageant. Danny becomes the judge of the pageant and accidentally chooses Sam as the winner.
She is transported to Aragon's castle, where she undergoes preparation to be his wife and queen. However, in a manner typical of some villains who desire a queen, he treats Sam in a highly misogynistic manner. Danny and Tucker eventually rescue her, along with Dora's help.
Introduced in " Double Cross My Heart ," Elliot attempts to impress Sam in order to date her. He disguises himself as a Hungarian foreign exchange student named Gregor and tells her he is a goth and an Ultra-Recyclo Vegetarian.
Suspicious of his claims, Danny follows him and Sam on a date one night using his invisibility power, further suspecting him of associating with the Guys in White (since he wears all white like they do, even though he states that white is the new black in Hungary). This upsets Sam, who considers actually dating Elliot.
However, Elliot insults Sam's friends and accidentally reveals his identity as a womanizing American teen from Michigan, which causes Sam to lose all interest in him.
Sam and Dani didn't spent too much time together during the series, in fact when they first met, Sam seems to have an instant dislike for Danielle as she (unintentionally) spilled food her and Tucker and later when she found out she was working for Vlad her dislike for the younger Half-Ghost grew but apparently by the end Sam seems to have forgiven Dani since she help saved Danny from Vlad (and the trio from being grounded).
After Phantom Planet, Butch Hartman revealed that Danielle was adopted into the Fenton family, this means that Sam and Dani would have come to know each other over the years and grew to care for the other, especially since its implied they will eventually become sisters in laws.
Powers and Abilities
Sam doesn't have any supernatural powers on her own, though she has gained ghost powers in some way during several episodes:
- Dragon Transformation (briefly) : In " Parental Bonding ," while wearing Princess Dorathea 's amulet, she was able to transform into a dragon when she got angry. This form gave Sam superhuman strength, flight, and the ability to breathe fire.
- Plant Control (briefly) : In the episode and videogame Urban Jungle , while being under the control of Undergrowth, Sam had the ability to command plants, which she used to attack and trap her enemies. To what extent is unknown, but she was able to use them to capture Danny in their brief fight.
- Flight /Levitation (briefly) : In " Doctor's Disorders ," Sam briefly gained the ability to float after she was bitten by a ghost mosquito, though she wasn't able to control it and often found herself stuck against the ceiling because of it.
- Fenton Weaponry Expertise : Sam can use the Fentons' ghost-hunting technology with great expertise and skill. She often uses them to help in battles or in Danny's ghost training. Sam is skilled with the Fenton Weaponry. She, along with Tucker , is often shown using the Fenton Thermos with great aim. Sam has also been shown to be capable of wielding Bazooka's well enough to be able to aim and fire rapidly. Sam is often seen using the Specter Defector on numerous occasions.
- Paranormal & Mythology Knowledge/Occult Knowledge : Sam is quite knowledgeable about goth subjects; anything spooky or creepy like dark and evil artifacts. Danny was only able to defeat Fright Knight and Box Ghost with her knowledge of the Soul Shredder and the Pandora's Box , respectively. This ability also came in handy during Freakshow 's attack on the Dumpty Humpty concert in Reality Trip . Reading a book written by Freakshow himself allowed her, Danny and Tucker to send the Reality Gems away. She has extensive knowledge of Greek Mythology, because of her affinity with dark stories. She was able to identify Pandora's box with relative ease due to the book she bought at a store. She was able to help Danny fight Pandora's box and Box Ghost.
- Multilingual Skill : Like Danny, Sam learned how to speak Esperanto in case they met with Wulf again. She has also displayed some knowledge of French, Italian, and Japanese, between other languages in the episode "Urban Jungle" while talking to her plants.
- Athleticism: Sam has displayed athletic ability on multiple occasions. She's able to shoot perfect Basket Ball shots without even looking, proved to be a good runner and performed five chin ups and a bar flip with ease. She has also completed a boot camp styled course involving monkey bar climbing and tire running. In Micro Management she was chosen be Tucker's fitness buddy/trainer. Additionally she was shown to be strong enough to leave a dent in a locker after punching it and crush a metal napkin dispenser in her hands. She was able to pass gym with an A and it is shown that she is more physically fit than Danny in his human form, and Tucker Foley.
- 101. " Mystery Meat "
- 102. " Parental Bonding "
- 103. " One of a Kind "
- 104. " Attack of the Killer Garage Sale "
- 105. " Splitting Images "
- 106. " What You Want "
- 108. " Prisoners of Love "
- 109. " My Brother's Keeper "
- 110. " Shades of Gray "
- 111. " Fanning the Flames "
- 112. " Teacher of the Year "
- 113. " Fright Night "
- 114. " 13 "
- 115. " Public Enemies "
- 116. " Lucky in Love "
- 117. " Maternal Instinct "
- 118. " Life Lessons "
- 119. " The Million Dollar Ghost "
- 120. " Control Freaks "
- Every episode of Season 2
- Every episode of Season 3
- The Fairly Odd Phantom
The college years.
Sam is still Danny's girlfriend. She’s there to support him and sticks with him through all of the new challenges thrown their way. She and Danny are always struggling to find time alone, away from fans and the media, as well as complete their mission. They still battle ghosts and Sam is determined to make sure they succeed.
10 Years Later
Version 1 The idea behind this first version is that Sam is Danny's sidekick, in that she’s still capable and a good fighter but at the end of the day Danny is the core, defining character in the team. Hartman commented that he sees Danny as a Captain America type of character, and so Sam would be Black Widow (in this analogy). If she is the Danny Phantom version of Black Widow, it is implied that she is a strong, adaptable, more than capable fighter. In addition to her skills, she also an arsenal of guns and machinery at her disposal.
Version 2 The second design is what she would wear as her everyday outfit. It has a hipster style to it because, as described by Hartman, gothic clothing was the equivalent of the early/mid 2000s version of a hipster. And so the new style would be an updated/modern version of that same attitude.
Version 3 The third version is another version of her everyday clothes, but unlike the previous version the style is similar to that seen in the series. The clothes and physical attributes are aged up and she now wears a jacket, but maintains a similar style/vibe to the original 14-year-old Sam.
Version 4 This version is similar to the first "Black Widow" version, but with an outfit more like her original clothes seen in the series. This iteration of Sam 10 years later is a Laura Croft-eque, armored, serious fighter.
Version 5 The final version of Sam 10 years later is a mix of the fourth (Laura Croft style) version and Sam's original design, with the clothes themselves resembling her original outfit, and her weaponry resembling the fourth version. Her outfit is similar to her outfit seen in the series. Her black crop top, black and green skirt, black boots, black choker and top ponytail remain the same. Her ponytail holder and leggings have inverted colors, with the leggings being green and the ponytail holder now purple. Her black crop top now has the Danny Phantom logo on it where the purple oval was. Her choker is more detailed, with either rhinestones or spikes on it. Added to her outfit are the goggles on top of her head, which are Maddie's goggles, and a purple Matrix-style jacket with a Danny Phantom logo on it. Her weapons include a larger version of the wrist ray, and a small hand-held blaster.
" Reign Storm "
- Tucker: "Hey, Val? Isn't that the same Val that's usually on a jet sled trying to paste Danny?"
- "Doesn't anyone in this town drive a compact car?"
- Sam's favorite colors are black and purple, as her clothing contains two of the same colors.
- She originally was supposed to have a 'psychic connection' with Danny that would let one know where the other one was; however, this was nixed right before the premiere, since Danny already had ghost powers and Sam had other attributes; Butch Hartman didn't want them to seem too developed already. This connection is hinted at numerous times throughout the series when Danny and Sam have the same reaction or response to situations/comments, but is typically brushed off as merely being a case of long-time friends thinking alike.
- She, along with Tucker, has been in all but one episode of the entire series (" Bitter Reunions ").
- Sam's name in the mainland Chinese dub is 小珊 (Xiao Shan), which means "little coral."
- In " Life Lessons ," she names her and Tucker's flour sack child "Lilith," which is a reference to the actual name of a female demon in Jewish mythology.
- Sam enjoys monster movies, her favorites being female monsters Femalien , Terminatra , and Nightmerica (all of which are spoofs of various male monsters: Femalien inspired by Alien and Predators , Terminatra inspired by The Terminator , and Nightmerica inspired by Freddy Kruger). She also enjoys Akira Kurosawa's samurai films.
- Sam goes by the pseudonym "Chaos" in the Doomed video game.
- Additionally, Sam is a fan of music, including Nine Inch Nails. She also has a collection of vinyl records.
- Sam also has shown interest in Gothic, Paranormal and Mythological/Occult literature. Throughout the series she has visited and brought reference to the goth bookstore Skulk and Lurk Books , and has frequented it often enough to consider it her favorite. Chronicles of the Fright Knight , Edward Gory and Goth's Guide to Mythology are three books she's purchased. Additionally, she enjoys attending poetry nights.
- The book Edward Gory is a reference to Edward St. John Gorey , a writer and illustrator for gothic works.
- On Sam's bedroom walls, there are posters that reference to various bands and movies, some of which include A Clockwork Orange , Einstürzende Neubauten , and Nine Inch Nails .
- Sam has openly admitted to being a "cat person". 
- Sam has at least 10 different outfits in the series.
- Confirmed in " Secret Weapons ," Sam is an only child.
- She appears in the mobile game Nickelodeon Pixel Town (only available in Singapore, Malaysia, and the Philippines), you can get her if you merge Danny Phantom and Kraang from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the memory center.
- Character Designer Stephen Silver drew his own take on what Sam would look like 10 years later.
- Sam is the first female character to have a crush on Danny followed by Paulina Sanchez , Valerie Gray , an unnamed girl with braces and Ember McLain .
- 1 Danny Phantom (character)
- 2 Sam Manson
- 3 Ember McLain
- Animated characters
- Sci-fi characters
- Fantasy characters
- Crossover characters
- TV show characters
- Characters in video games
- Comedy characters
- Martial Artists
- Characters with elemental abilities
- Dark fantasy characters
- Nicktoons characters
- View history
Sam is voiced by Grey DeLisle.
- 1.1.1 Childhood
- 1.1.2 Danny Becomes Danny Phantom
- 1.2.1 Jazz becomes a member
- 1.3 Danny Phantom: A Glitch in Time
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Appearance
- 5 Equipment
- 6.2 Friends
- 6.3 Enemies
- 8 Relationships
- 10 External Links
- 11 Similar Characters
- 12 Navigation
History [ ]
Origins [ ], childhood [ ].
Samantha Manson was born in 1992 to Pamela and Jeremy. She was born into an extremely wealthy family due to her great- grandfather Izzy being a world famous inventor. During the second grade, she came best friends with Tucker Foley and Danny Fenton but kept her while the secret from them because she didn't want people to define her from her parents' wealth. Her parents strongly dislike her friendships with Danny because of his parents' ideals of being ghost hunters.
Danny Becomes Danny Phantom [ ]
At least a month before the series started, Danny took Sam and Tucker down to his parents' basement where their lab was located. Sam convinced Danny to check out his parents' Fenton Portal , despite him trying to insist they leave. However, Danny accidentally turned on the portal by hitting the on switch and received ghost powers, which meant that Sam was responsible for creating his identity at the Superhero Danny Phantom.
Forming Team Phantom [ ]
Later, Danny found that he wanted to use his newly-found ghost powers to helping protect the people of Amity Park from evil ghost threats. Sam joined his team of Ghost Hunters with her and Tucker being the only ones knowing his secret until Jazz figured it out on her own. In the altered timeline from her wish with Desiree, Sam had been the one who designed his "D" logo on his superhero suit.
Jazz becomes a member [ ]
Danny phantom: a glitch in time [ ].
Sam will return in the graphic novel, which will be a direct sequel to Danny Phantom finale, "Phantom Planet."
Personality [ ]
However, Sam can sometimes be hypocritical of other people. Despite some of her claims that she likes self-sense of individuality among people, she still tried to force her own ultra-recyclable vegetarian diet on the whole school in "Mystery Meat." She also got angry at Danny for using his ghost powers to get back at Dash at several times, like "Identity Crisis" and "Reign Storm." In turn, this did not stop her from trying to convince Danny to use his powers to destroy environmental-threatening vehicles She also got angry at Danny for spying on her and Gregor, despite her also doing the same thing when Danny was briefly dating Valerie. However, an excuse would be Sam is just a teenager who also allows her personal feelings get inside, as the only reason she was spying on Val and Danny's dates was because of her feelings for Danny.
Powers and Abilities [ ]
This section of the article lacks information and is in need of a major expansion.
- Paranormal & Mythology Knowledge/Occult Knowledge : She is very knowledgeable when it comes to anything spooky or creepy. She has extensive knowledge of Greek Mythology, because of her affinity with dark stories. She was able to identify Pandora's box with relative ease due to the book she bought at a store. She was able to help Danny fight Pandora's box and Box Ghost.
- Fenton Weaponry Expertise : Sam can use the Fentons' ghost-hunting technology with great expertise and skill. She often uses them to help in battles or in Danny's ghost training. Sam is skilled with the Fenton Weaponry. She, along with Tucker, is often shown using the Fenton Thermos with great aim. Sam has also been shown to be capable of wielding Bazooka's well enough to be able to aim and fire rapidly. Sam is often seen using the Specter Defector on numerous occasions.
- Multilingual Skill : Like Danny, Sam has learned to speak Esperanto, as she was able to talk to Wulf when they saw him again. She also spoke French, Italian, and Japanese, when speaking to her planets in "Urban Jungle." Whether this is a result of her plant-based powers or her own skill is unknown.
- Athleticism: She was able to pass gym with an A and it is shown that she is more physically fit than Danny in his human form, and Tucker Foley.
- Ghost Weapon Efficiency:
Appearance [ ]
- Species: Human
- Gender: Female
- Hair Color: Black
- Ethnicity: Jewish
- Eye Color: Violet
- Sam is a fourteen-year-old girl with short black hair, violet eyes and tan skin. She also has a small ponytail that is suspended into the air by a green hair tie. She has a black, sleeveless croptop on with a purple oval on her chest. She wears a plaid skirt with green stripes, purple leggings, and black combat boots that have a grey bottom and are elevated. Additionally, Sam wears a black choker and two black bracelets on her left and right wrists and wears a plum shade of lipstick.
Additionally, Sam has similar features to her grandmother, looking identical towards her in her youth.
Equipment [ ]
- Fenton Thermos:
Connections [ ]
- Pamela Manson - Mother
- Jeremy Manson - Father
- Misty Fenton - Daughter
- Jackson Fenton - Son
- Ida Manson - Grandmother
Friends [ ]
Enemies [ ], gallery [ ], relationships [ ].
- In the Danny Phantom episode "Life Lessons," when Sam was doing the project involving taking care of a sack of flour with Tucker, she renamed it "Lilith". This shows her interest in having a daughter, which she would end up having in a possible future. However, her name is Misty instead.
External Links [ ]
- Sam Manson on Danny Phantom Wiki
- Sam Manson on Heroes Wiki
- Sam Manson on Love Interest Wiki
- Sam Manson on Nickelodeon Wiki
Similar Characters [ ]
- Raven ( Teen Titans ) : Both girls are gloomy teenagers, both gothic, wear mostly purple and black, have short hair, down to earth and have a dry sense of humors. They both have a strong relationship with the male lead (Robin and Danny).
- Mary Jane Watson : Both are childhood best friends with superheroes who gained powers from a lab accident (Danny and Robin). They both are aware of their lovers' secret identities and get usually jealous if another girl is interested in them. Additionally, the two characters love both sides of the hero. Before then, Gwen and Valerie, are both unaware of their crushes' double lives as Phantom and Spider-Man. They end up marrying their respective love interests and have two children with them in a potential future (Peter and MJ have a daughter, Mayday, and a son, Benjy in one continuity. Meanwhile, Sam and Danny will one day, have a son and a daughter, named Jackson and Misty.)
Navigation [ ]
This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
- 1 Alebrije (Coco)
- 2 Gwen Stacy (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)
- 3 Dante (Coco)
- Create account
- Beware the nice ones
- 2000s characters
- 2010s characters
- 2020s characters
- Decent characters
- Cartoon characters
- Internet memes
- Intelligent characters
- Danny Phantom characters
- TV characters
- Grey DeLisle characters
- Characters with polarizing voices/qualities
Sam Manson (Danny Phantom)
- View history
Samantha "Sam" Manson is one of the main characters in the Nickelodeon series Danny Phantom . She is Danny Fenton's closest friend and eventually girlfriend in the series finale. Responsible for the accident in which Danny gains his powers, she is also one of the first few people to know about Danny's ghost identity. She is a self-proclaimed Goth who is fascinated with the subliminal and netherworldly, and is a very outspoken ultra-recyclo-vegetarian.
Why She Rocks
- Although she’s the least tolerable of the main cast, she’s still a decent character, as she cares for her friends and family, and often stands up for them against bullies like Dash and Paulina.
- She has a unique, goth-like attitude, which is awesome.
- Even when being goth-like, she can still be friendly, helpful, and compassionate, and is especially seen when she’s with her friends.
- She also helps her friends out when they face their ghost enemies, and is always there to help them out.
- She is a very memorable character, and she’s respectful to her friends, Danny and Tucker, most of the time.
- Her design is really cool, and she can be attractive in a goth-like way.
- She also gets her comeuppance for her bad actions sometimes, like in "Fanning the Flames", where she, along with Danny and the rest of the students with the exception of Tucker, are punished for failing the test and skipping out on studying by using a study aid machine, Cramtastic Mark 5, to make up for their grade loss (though, Sam was mostly trying to help free Danny and the others from Ember’s spell, and skipping out on studying was the only bad thing she did).
- Grey DeLisle did an awesome job voicing her.
- For example, she yells at Danny for spying on her with a date, even though in a previous episode she did the same solely out of jealousy, while Danny thought said the date was evil.
- Another was that she gets mad at Danny for using his ghost powers to defend himself from Dash and derides it as selfish, but in another episode, she intentionally wrecks a car dealership for selling environmentally destructive cars.
- She can be seen as a Karma Houdini, as she normally gets no punishment for her actions.
Danny Phantom: 20 Things About Sam Only Danny Would Know
Sam is one of Danny Phantom's closest friends. Here are some of the things that make her who she is.
You can’t have Danny Phantom without having Sam Manson, his best friend and eventual girlfriend. Sam is a very popular character in this cartoon series, and it’s for a good reason. She’s awesome!
Sam is a girl who dresses in the goth style, loves animals and protests things, hates conforming to anything popular, and regularly kicks ghost behind. While she may not have any supernatural powers like Danny, you still don’t want to mess with her. She will take you down.
I also like the fact that Sam was pretty unapologetic about the things she liked. She didn’t care if people thought she was weird. She didn’t care if her music and movie tastes were considered weird. And she didn’t care if people thought she was crazy for protesting for animal rights. Sam did what she thought was right and she liked what she liked. And if you didn’t like that about her, you could go jump off a cliff for all she cared. That kind of self-confidence is pretty admirable.
But while Sam appears to not care what people know about her, there are a lot of things she tends to keep to herself. She’s not the most open of people, so it makes sense that she would have quite a few interesting facts and secrets about her that not many of the other characters, or even fans of the show, would know.
So here are 20 interesting facts and secrets about Sam that not many people know. Think we missed some good secrets? Make sure to let us know in the comments section below!
20 She’s A Master Of Tongues
Considering Sam is pretty smart, it’s not that surprising that she knows another language besides English. But did you know that Sam speaks Esperanto, Wulf’s language? Both she and Danny learned it in case they ever met Wulf again. That’s not an easy language to learn, so kudos to them.
Sam also apparently has some knowledge of French, Italian, and Japanese. While we don’t know if she’s fluent in them, she at least knows some of those languages. So, she probably has the most language skills out of the trio. It wouldn’t surprise me if she learned different languages for fun. That, and her parents probably encouraged it.
19 They Were Almost Psychic
It’s no secret that Sam and Danny are very close. They’ve been friends for forever and have gotten to the point where they know each other very well. But did you know that their connection was going to be supernatural?
The creators had the idea that Sam and Danny were going to have a psychic connection that would let them know where the other person was. But this idea got taken out right before the premiere since Danny already had ghost powers and Sam had other attributes and talents. But the two are shown to have a rather special connection throughout the series, so maybe it’s not as far-fetched as you think.
18 She Knows Her Artifacts
It may come with the territory of being a goth, but Sam has quite the knowledge of anything occult in nature. And she’s pretty knowledgeable about dark and evil artifacts. What probably sets her apart though is that she uses this knowledge to help Danny out pretty often.
In fact, without Sam’s knowledge, there are a few ghosts Danny wouldn’t have been able to defeat. It’s thanks to her knowledge of dark artifacts that Danny was able to defeat Fright Knight and The Box Ghost. It just goes to show that knowledge is power, and that you really should know your enemy.
17 Appearances Can Be Deceiving
Despite Sam’s look and interests being very much your stereotypical goth teenager, she doesn’t really act like your typical goth. Most teenagers that are goth usually have a more depressed and apathetic air to them. But Sam is not so much that.
Sam's not that apathetic or depressing.
While yes, Sam can be cynical and sarcastic, she’s also passionate about things like animal rights. She’s definitely not apathetic about the things she cares about, and she’ll go to great lengths to prove her point. She’s also probably the person who believes in Danny the most, and she’s happy that Danny became a hero. It just shows that you can’t judge a book by its cover.
16 She Can Be A Bit Much
Because Sam does care deeply for things like animal rights, human rights, etc., she can get pretty into it. But Sam isn’t perfect, and one of her flaws is that she can be a little hypocritical sometimes. She also tends to force her ideas on other people, expecting them to just go along with her ideas, despite her claims that individuality is important.
As a result, she can annoy Danny and Tucker to no end. But when push comes to shove, Sam is always there for Danny and is willing to do what it takes to protect him and help him. And I think that’s pretty cool.
15 Her Background Is A Bit Different
Most cartoons don’t talk much about religion, and I don’t blame them. Religion can be a touchy subject, so it’s often easier to just avoid the topic all together. And while Danny Phantom doesn’t go into much about religion either, it does make it known that Sam’s family is Jewish.
It was first hinted when Sam’s grandma calls her “bubeleh,” which is a Yiddish term of endearment. And it was then confirmed in the Christmas special. I think having one of the characters coming from some type of religious background is a cool idea. While we don’t know if Sam is a practicing Jew, the fact that she comes from that history is pretty awesome.
14 She Likes Samurais More Than You Think
Sam’s tastes in films are a bit varied. As you’d figure, she does love horror and monster films (her favorite monsters are Femalien, Terminatra, and Nightmerica). But did you know that she also has a thing for samurai movies? She’s a fan in particular of Akira Kurosawa’s samurai films.
Sam does enjoy various forms of Japanese anime and entertainment.
And it’s not just samurai movies; it’s been hinted that Sam does enjoy various forms of Japanese anime and entertainment. So, it looks like Sam may be an otaku. She doesn’t seem to be very open about that, so it may be a guilty pleasure for her. Be proud of what you like, Sam!
13 These Three Are Friends Forever
Since Sam is one of the main characters, it would make sense that she’s in the show a lot. Since Danny, Sam, and Tucker are practically inseparable, you see the three going pretty much everywhere together. But did you know that Sam has been in nearly every episode of Danny Phantom ?
In fact, both Sam and Tucker have been in every episode of the show except for one: “Bitter Reunions.” Since this episode is the one where Danny’s family goes to visit Vlad, it does make sense that Sam and Tucker aren’t in it. That’s still a pretty impressive record. These three are definitely friends for life.
12 She’s Got Great Music Taste
Sam’s music taste is probably what you’d expect from a teen goth. She likes punk, metal, and techno/electronica music. (The techno is a bit of a surprise.) It would make sense that Sam likes the hard rock type of music since that seems to fit her personality pretty well.
But did you know that she’s also into 70s and 80s punk rock? Apparently, she has a whole vinyl record collection of various punk-rock bands from the 70s and 80s. This isn’t too surprising since Sam likes punk rock in general. But that’s still pretty cool that she has vinyl records. Love whatever music you want, girl!
11 Yep, That’s Her House
Looking at Sam and the way she acts, you’d think she came from a fairly average economic background. There’s nothing about her that says she’s anything beyond average, and she certainly doesn’t act like any of the other rich kids in the school. But did you know that Sam’s family is actually loaded?
Sam comes from a seriously wealthy background.
Yep, Sam’s parents are super rich and Sam comes from a seriously wealthy background. And she keeps this a secret from pretty much everybody except Danny and Tucker. Her reasoning is she doesn’t want people to try to pretend to be her friend just because she’s wealthy. I can understand that. You do you, Sam.
10 This Love Was A Long Time Coming
It’s no secret that Sam and Danny have romantic feelings for each other, and I’m sure everyone cheered when they finally got together in the end. But what you may not know is that Sam had a crush on Danny for a long time.
But why didn’t she act on it? It was partially that she was in denial of her feelings, and there was the fact that Danny very obviously had a crush on Paulina. She was also afraid to tell Danny of her feelings. But she’s shown to be jealous of Danny when he gets attention from other girls. So, it’s doubly awesome that these two lovebirds finally get together.
9 Yes, This Actually Happened
Despite the fact that Sam and Danny obviously have feelings for each other, the two have had other romantic interests. Danny crushed on Paulina for forever, and Sam had a thing with the womanizing Elliot. But did you know that Sam and Tucker have kissed?
It wasn’t really a romantic kiss. When Sam and Tucker were assigned to take care of a flour baby, Tucker got way into the role of the “working dad” and then gave Sam a quick kiss goodbye. What’s hilarious is right after, the two are both stunned by what just happened and then they both agree to never speak of it again. Though I’m sure there are fans who ship it.
8 One of These Things Is Not Like The Others
Sam and the words “beauty pageant” feel like they would never go together in a million years, and yet Sam does wind up being in a teen beauty pageant. She did do this out of protest to show how stupid pageant are, and the whole pageant winds up being this trap for a ghost to find his bride, but still.
It is kind of funny that Sam ends up winning in the end.
It is kind of funny that Sam ends up winning in the end, even though she showed that she couldn’t care less about it. (It was an accident, but it’s still pretty funny.) As someone who’s not that fond of beauty pageants, I can understand Sam’s disgust for them.
7 And We’ll Never Be Royals
Throughout the series, Sam has been transformed into a few different things. For example, she got possessed by a plant ghost, and at some point, she turned into a dragon. But did you know that she almost became a ghost princess?
As a result of winning a beauty pageant that was organized by a ghost, Sam gets taken away to the Ghost Zone where she’s meant to become the bride of Prince Aragon. Sam, of course, is not happy about this, and she manages to get out of there with Danny and Tucker’s help. But yeah, Sam almost became ghost royalty. That would’ve been pretty cool if Prince Aragon wasn’t such a jerk.
6 That’s Some Mad Skills
While Sam may not have any supernatural powers like Danny does, she’s still got some tricks up her sleeves. And one of them is her surprisingly vast knowledge of Fenton weaponry. Sam knows how to work most of the Fenton’s crazy weapons and does it with ease.
It does kind of make sense since Sam and Danny have pretty much grown up together. Sam would be around Danny’s family a lot and would be familiar with the Fenton’s equipment. Still, it’s seriously impressive that this goth girl can tote around one of those crazy guns and think nothing of it. You go, girl!
5 A Room Can Say A Lot
We know that Sam is into things like horror movies and punk rock music. But do we know any specific movies or bands that she likes? Well, according to her room, Sam is actually a fan of A Clockwork Orange and Nine Inch Nails.
It’s pretty cool that the show included a reference to some actual movies and bands.
If you look around Sam’s room, you’ll find posters of the movie A Clockwork Orange and the band Nine Inch Nails, as well as the German industrial band Einstürzende Neubauten. It’s not that surprising that Sam would like these types of movies and bands, but it’s pretty cool that the show included a reference to some actual movies and bands. Nicely done!
4 What’s In A Name?
Danny Phantom got popular enough that it got dubbed in a few different languages, including Spanish, and Chinese. It’s in the Chinese version that we get an interesting fact about our favorite goth girl, Sam.
In English, Sam’s name is pretty straightforward. (Though apparently in Hebrew, it means “God Heard,” and in Greek it may mean “flower.”) But in the Chinese Dub, Sam’s name is changed to Xiao Shan. This translates to “little coral.” It’s an interesting choice, since I wouldn’t really associate Sam with anything little; that girl has a pretty big personality. But it’s still pretty cool. No matter what she’s called, she’s still an awesome person!
3 This Girl Is No Grinch
While Sam isn’t as apathetic as most goth teens, she can be pretty gloomy unless she’s talking about something that’s important to her. Her cynical nature makes her a pretty snarky and slightly bitter character. But she isn’t always gloom and doom. And the best time to find her in a good mood is during December.
Apparently, Sam loves the winter holidays. So, in December, she’s the happiest person. It’s kind of funny, considering Danny becomes the guy who’s a grinch about the holidays, so we’ve got a bit of a role reversal going on here. But if you want to see Sam really happy, try to catch her sometime in December.
2 She Made This Happen
The logo on Danny Phantom’s jumpsuit has become pretty iconic. The “D” looks pretty awesome and it’s just so fitting. But did you know that Sam was partially responsible for that? When she went back in time to ensure Danny becomes Danny Phantom, she changes the logo on the outfit from his parent’s weird logo to the logo we know and love.
Danny may not have ever been Danny Phantom without Sam.
And if you think about it, Sam was partially responsible for Danny becoming Danny Phantom. The first time, she was there with Tucker when the accident happens. And when she went back to fix things after a wish went wrong, she recreated the accident to give Danny his ghost powers. So, Danny may not have ever been Danny Phantom without Sam.
1 She’s All About The Animals
It’s no secret that Sam likes all of the animals. She’s a big animal rights activist, and she’s a proud vegetarian. Animals are very important to this goth girl. But are there any specific animals that she loves? Well, the truth is Sam happens to love cats.
Sam herself has said that she is a cat person when she, Danny and tucker are trying to deal with Kujo the ghost dog. Though if I had to deal with a crazy ghost dog that was causing rampant destruction, I’d probably be a cat person too. I could see Sam getting this little black kitten. She would adore it and she’d probably freak her parents out even more.
- Show Spoilers
- Night Vision
- Sticky Header
- Highlight Links
Follow TV Tropes
Characters / Danny Phantom Team Phantom
Main Character Index | Team Phantom | Villains | Others
open/close all folders
Danny Fenton/Danny Phantom
Daniel "Danny" Fenton/Danny Phantom
Voiced by: David Kaufman (English) Other Languages Ezequiel Serrano (Latin American Spanish), Marcin Hycnar (Polish)
- Acquired Situational Narcissism : In the episode where he became filthy rich.
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders : Danny constantly moons over the egotistical and vain Paulina, although he eventually realizes about how she's not worth his time .
- All of the Other Reindeer : Danny is patronized by his family, bullied at his school, and feared and hated in his superhero identity by both most mortals and ghosts. Fortunately, his best friends help keep him steady while the world, starting with his sister, begins to gradually come around.
- He has a huge amount of UST with his childhood friend , Sam Manson, a Badass Normal .
- Danny's response to Sam's concerns about him Dating Catwoman ? "I know [Valerie] wants to waste Danny Phantom... but did you know that she's a ninth-degree black belt?"
- Annoying Younger Sibling : For the most part, subverted. In one episode, though, he had to annoy Jazz in order to show her Youngblood, who is only seen by kids.
- Appropriated Appellation : Averted. Danny hated the nickname Amity Park gave him, "Inviso-Bill". It isn't until "Reign Storm", when he charges off to fight Pariah Dark does he tell the city to call him Danny Phantom.
- Artificial Hybrid : Apparently, the accident turned Danny into a "half-ghost", which is referred to as a "halfa".
- Aside Glance : Does this after he is seen appreciating his sister's kiss on his head in "My Brother's Keeper". After noticing the audience, he states that was gross.
- Back-to-Back Badasses : Danny and Skulker in "Prisoner of Love".
- Beam-O-War : Danny and Vlad with ectoplasmic rays in "Kindred Spirits".
- Berserk Button : There's plenty you shouldn't do . Specifically, don't call him a loser.
- Beware the Nice Ones : Sure, he's normally outgoing, friendly, and fun, but if you make an attempt at anyone he cares about, he'll take you down.
- To Danielle. In "Kindred Spirits" he's rather distrustful of her at first (for good reason) but when he learns what she is and she defects from Vlad he starts to become this. By "D-Stablized" he fits this to a T; her safety becomes his top priority, even ignoring the possibility Valerie saw him transform to save Danielle.
- Despite being 2 years younger than Jazz, he seems to show this towards her in certain situations as well, doing away with witty banter and sarcasm and going straight for demands and intimidation whenever Jazz appears to be in danger.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows : He has thick, square-shaped eyebrows.
- Averted in the sense that when he's given the time to properly study and apply himself, he's able to perform extremely well (such as when he got a 91% on his makeup final)
- Boy Meets Ghoul : Danny, a human-ghost hybrid has a huge amount of UST with his childhood friend , Sam Manson, a living human.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S" : After "Memory Blank", he now sports a "D" when he becomes Danny Phantom.
- Bully Magnet : Gets it from the school's Jerk Jock and his friends and is being looked down upon by the popular girls and boys.
- Butt-Monkey : Not as much as Tucker, but he still finds himself on the receiving end of much laughter.
- Cannot Spit It Out : In �Secret Weapons� Danny spends the first half of the episode being unable to tell Jazz that he doesn�t want her help. First, he tries but is interrupted by their parents, then after that, he stops trying and just avoids her. This results in him bottling up his emotions until Jazz breaks into his computer to get notes on the ghosts he fights to �help�. Causing him to snap at Jazz with extremely hurtful words and send his sister off crying.
- Cast from Hit Points : Danny's Ghostly Wail is his most powerful technique, capable of causing mass destruction to everything within its range, but using it severely drains Danny's stamina, enough for him to automatically revert to human form. This is more due to inexperience with such a strong power rather than the technique itself, as Dark Danny , a very powerful, experienced ghostly entity, was able to wield it with no trouble at all, and by the series finale, Danny is finally able to use it without losing energy (in the ghost zone).
- However, this is partly averted in "Frightmare" where Danny's favorite dream involves him being captain of the football team, part of the popular crowd (with Dash being nice to him) and everyone knows his identity then cheering him on when he beats the Fright-Knight followed by Star and Paulina fawning over him. So it's safe to say he wouldn't mind the popularity as long as he doesn't have to deal with too much attention.
- After the events of the graphic novel A Glitch in Time , Butch Hartman's idea is rendered moot as Danny's identity becomes secret once more and he'll have a chance of a private life as Fenton.
- Can't Get in Trouble for Nuthin' : The only reason Danny ever overshadows people, aside from information gathering.
- Initially is rather clumsy and ineffective at fighting ghosts, laments the existence of his powers, and wishes his parents could come up with a way to get rid of his ghost powers. Over time, Danny gains confidence in himself and his abilities and recognizes that they're a gift. He isn't scared of fighting ghosts, usually taunting them and putting all of his energy into fighting them off. He also gradually finds Dash more annoying and troublesome. As he faces more villains and bigger threats, Danny accepts that it's his responsibility to save those in need of help, sometimes endangering himself to do so. By "Public Enemies", although many people think he's a bad guy, Danny is still determined to keep protecting Amity Park from ghosts, his dedication paying off when people begin to accept him as their hero in "Reign Storm".
- In a romantic sense, Danny lets go of his crush on Paulina , after finally coming to terms with her not-so-great personality.
- And in another light, there are some hints that his ghost half has been affecting him, if you know any of the traditional characteristics of ghosts and poltergeists, most notably that they are territorial and mischievous. As the series progresses, he becomes more mischievous and enjoys pulling pranks, not something shown so much in the early episodes. Being territorial shows up earlier, but is somewhat masked by his increasing hero streak and there continues to be overlap throughout the series, as heroes tend to be fairly territorial in and of themselves.
- After The Ultimate Enemy , Danny's battle with his evil future-self had left a profound impact on him. When Danny learned from future Vlad of how his own selfishness and misuse of his powers caused Dan's creation and the horrible future that followed , Danny swore to use his powers more responsibly from then on. The events of said battle also seemed to have made him develop a secret fear of his powers that one day he might put his loved ones in harm's way, as seen during the series finale.
- Clockwork also gave Danny a second chance to live as a normal human again (only this time permanently ). Likely boasted from the last time he tried that, Danny acknowledges that his powers are now a part of him and he Can't Stay Normal , even if he had another chance. He ultimately chooses to remain half-ghost to act as a bridge between the Earth and the Ghost Zone and protect both worlds.
- Characterization Marches On : In "What you Want", he was against Tucker using his powers to cheat by changing his grades to As. In The Ultimate Enemy , however, he seemed more than okay if he himself cheated on the C.A.T. by stealing the answers. Likely justified, given Lancer's sadistic methods and Danny's superhero lifestyle cutting into his study time. He does eventually learn in the end that cheating is still cheating and, as a reward for being honest about it, he's given more time to study for his make-up.
- Chest Insignia : Gets one in Season 2; it is a stylized, white ghostly "D" with a "P" formed by the negative space.
- Chick Magnet : Despite his lack of skills with girls, he catches the interest of several girls in the series. His best friend Sam has feelings for him, Paulina crushes on his superhero alter ego, Valerie at first despises him but comes to care for Danny Fenton, and a nameless background character at the end of "Flirting with Disaster" has a crush on him. Word of God states that Ember McLain might be secretly in love with him in a very Tsundere kind of way.
- Childhood Friend Romance : With Sam, as they have been friends since kindergarten and became an Official Couple in the series finale .
- Chivalrous Pervert : In "Memory Blank", he was revealed to have used his powers to peek in the girl's locker room... twice. Despite this, he's never shown using his powers for anything beyond that. The only girls he does get any involvement with are with him because he genuinely cares for them.
- Clark Kenting : Different eye and hair color and a barely noticeable shift in skin tone is the only thing that disguises him as Danny Phantom. He doesn't even change his voice. Not to mention his superhero moniker is almost identical to his real name. It's lampshaded by several of the more competent villains like Vlad and Dark Danny .
- Classical Anti-Hero : Another staple of teenage superheroes Danny doesn't shy away from. While powerful, Danny starts out with a lack of confidence in his skill as well as frequently finds himself wishing he can just return to normal.
- Combo Platter Powers : Flight, super strength, invisibility, intangibility, energy blasts, possession, the ability to sense other ghosts, and later on the ability to duplicate himself, release a conic wail and manipulate ice.
- In "Parental Bonding" Danny's intangibility causes his pants fell down to the ground and reveal his boxers at least twice.
- In "King Tuck" he can be seen wearing boxers while the Sphinx is dragging him around.
- In "Urban Jungle" he's shown wearing tight white briefs while in a defrosting tube a la Han Solo from Return of the Jedi.
- In the same episode, he is reduced to wearing white boxers with red polka dots during the fight against Undergrowth. The ensuing headline is titled "Danny Phantom Wears Boxers" and shows a picture of this.
- That said he doesn't seem to have a preference for either and is comfortable wearing both.
- Comes Great Responsibility : Part of being Expy of Peter Parker, he takes responsibility for any ghost-related harm that befalls Amity Park.
- The Corruptible : A few episodes hint that Danny could fall to dark side if he's not careful about how he uses his powers (particularly Reign Storm and The Ultimate Enemy ). Vlad even lampshades this in his first appearance where Danny is able to force Vlad to give up on his current Evil Plan with a tactic that Vlad himself would use (threatening to expose them both and costing Vlad any chance with Maddie), noting that Danny may well be learning something from him after all.
- Costume Evolution : Downplayed. Starting Season 2 onwards, Danny would now sport a "D" insignia, given to him by Sam.
- Although it's implied he got over his crush on Paulina following "Memory Blank", in the later episode "Pirate Radio" he, as Phantom, tells Paulina she should kiss Danny Fenton. And in "Frightmare" his dream world includes both Paulina AND Star fawning over him while he's apparently dating Sam. Showing that at the very least he is still greatly attracted to her on a physical level even if he no longer considers her girlfriend material .
- The Cynic : Danny is kind but he is also a tad cynical and jaded, often tending to view certain aspects in a negative light. However, it's not nearly to the extent of Sam.
- Dark Is Not Evil : His "phantom" uniform is mostly black with grey lining.
- Deadpan Snarker : Danny frequently responds to most situations with sarcasm.
- Death by Origin Story : The show wouldn't work at all if Danny weren't a phantom. Then again, due to the odd Never Say "Die" quality of the show, it never made completely clear if he did "kinda-sorta" die or not — a lot of ghosts are heavily implied to have died, but others seem more like alternate-dimension monsters that were never alive at all. All we really know about Danny is that he's now an Artificial Hybrid that's half-human and half-ghost, whose DNA was suffused with ectoplasm.
- Defusing the Tyke-Bomb : Though unsuccessful at first, he managed to convince Danielle to turn against her maker.
- Dream Walker : Through overshadowing.
- Early Installment Character-Design Difference : Danny lacked his iconic Chest Insignia for all of the first season.
- Elemental Eye Colors : When ghostly, Danny's eyes change from green to icy blue when using his ice powers.
- Emerald Power : His powers have a green glow and continue to grow in variety and strength as the show continues.
- Eye Colour Change : His human side has blue eyes, and his ghostly Super Hero alter ego has green eyes, but whenever he turns evil (either Brainwashed and Crazy or as his evil alternate-future self ) his eyes turn red.
- Famed in Story : By the end of the series, Danny has become famous all across America and has hundreds of fans, a big change given that he started out considered public enemy #1. After saving the world from the Disasteroid and revealing his secret in the Series Finale , he now has statues in his honor in every capitol in the world.
- He is completely oblivious to Sam�s feelings for him throughout most of the series and everyone calls him �clueless�.
- In �Secret Weapons� he has a hard time trying to tell Jazz she�s not helping him and getting in his way, even getting to the point of hiding in a garbage can in the janitors closet to avoid talking to her (or maybe get sucked into the Fenton thermos again) , until Jazz hacks his computer and he absolutely blows up at her, making her run off crying.
- He nearly cheats on the CAT because he was afraid of his life being ruined if he fails. Of course, we all know how that turned out.
- Actually, Dark Danny�s existence shows that without his positive emotions and moral compass, he can effectively become a bully.
- Final Boss : He is the final opponent faced in the Nick.com game Urban Jungle Rumble should the player play the game as Vegetized Sam or Undergrowth.
- Flying Brick : Can fly really fast and capable of great super strength.
- He is usually the Foolish to Jazz's Responsible, though when Jazz tries to be more active in hunting ghosts, they swap roles.
- He is Responsible for Danielle's Foolish. Justified, she's not even a year old and is more naive than him.
- Freak Lab Accident : Danny gained his powers when checking out his parents' prototype ghost portal.
- Freudian Excuse Is No Excuse : In " The Fright Before Christmas ", it's established that the reason Danny hates Christmas is because every year, his parents would argue over Santa's existence, which ended up ruining celebrations. However, he takes his frustrations out on various Christmas decorations, destroying the Ghost Writer's Christmas poem and being proud of it. The Ghost Writer spends the entire story putting Danny through hell, ruining the holidays for everyone, and blaming him for it. Eventually, Danny realizes he had no right to act the way he did and make things worse for everyone, promising to do better on the holidays from now on.
- Ghostly Wail : He has a sound attack called Ghostly Wail that makes the classic "oooooh" moaning noise.
- In Mystery Meat , Danny's eyes glowed after turning a dumpster partially intangible, burying Dash in meat.
- In Parental Bonding , Danny's eyes glowed when he got the idea to overshadow Tucker.
- In Splitting Images , Danny's eyes glowed after he voiced his idea of stuffing frogs down Dash's pants. This example also doubles as Reflective Eyes .
- The Grinch : Due to his parents arguing over whether or not Santa exists and ruining the celebrations every year. He gets over it by the end of "Fright Before Christmas".
- Hand Blast : He first develops it about a third of the way through Season 1 and it quickly becomes his most often-used power.
- Happy Ending Override : Invoked by Dark Danny, who travels into the past to ruin the future for Danny and the others, just when Danny's life was going great. In the end, to undo the damage Dark Danny had done to the timeline, Danny asks Clockwork to erase his involvement in Phantom Planet .
- Hazmat Suit : What he wore prior to becoming half ghost. His suit in ghost form is that same suit only with value tones reversed.
- Heartbroken Badass : During the climax of "Fanning the Flames", due to Ember's love spell between him and Sam. Also the end of "Flirting with Disaster" when Valerie breaks up with him, ironically to hunt Danny Phantom.
- Henshin Hero : From human to ghost form. Subverted in that he can use his powers when he's in his human form, although it's very limited (only making certain parts of his body invisible/intangible, only firing a ghost ray from one finger, etc.). Whether this limit is Danny choosing to barely use his powers or Danny not being able to fully use his powers is never really explained.
- Hero with Bad Publicity : Not so much at first because he was unknown, but after "Public Enemies" ? His parents were also never thrilled with Phantom's existence either. That begins to change in "Reign Storm", after he saves the town from Pariah Dark, and by Season 3, he's, by his own admission, the "duly-deputized protector of Amity Park."
- How Do I Shot Web? : In the beginning of the show he displays a lot more trouble accessing and using his powers than later on. We also see this in "Memory Blank", where he has to relearn his abilities.
- Hunter of His Own Kind : Danny is a half-ghost who fights other ghosts, only if they threaten his town and the world.
- An Ice Person : Gains ice powers in the third chapter. Frostbite reveals that Danny's ghost sense was, in fact, a manifestation of this power, and we can assume that the full power was finally unlocked once he reached the right level of skill.
- Several episodes have Danny either trying to find alternatives or try and get rid of his powers, like in Phantom Planet .
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight : Has one of these with Tucker in "What You Want", and is on the receiving end of one in "Control Freaks".
- Informed Deformity : In "Double Cross My Heart", the Guys in White call Danny Phantom prepubescent, with Danny Fenton being too prepubescent to be him. As far as the show's art style is concerned, Danny is of average height and build to be a teenager, with the actual prepubescent children shown being much shorter and less lanky than him.
- Ink-Suit Actor : Like his voice actor, David Kaufman , Danny is a Caucasian male who has black hair and blue eyes.
- Innocent Blue Eyes : Danny is a well meaning, somewhat naive Kid Hero and his human form has a pair of big, bright blue eyes.
- Just a Kid : Danny gets this a lot. His In-Universe nickname is "Ghost Boy". More notably, Vlad does this twice, once almost calling it out in "Bitter Reunions", the other as more of an insult in "Reign Storm". Clockwork also does this once, but it's justified - he's trying to explain the nature of time and his own existence to someone who's probably flunking high school math. ("Why am I bothering? You're fourteen .")
- Kamehame Hadoken : When he charges his Hand Blast .
- Kid Hero : He's only fourteen years old and apparently the only heroic ghost in the world.
- He still runs and hides from Dash when he can�t use his powers.
- He literally jumps into a trash can to hide from Jazz rather than talk to her about something difficult.
- In an alternate universe where he never gets his ghost powers he�s absolutely terrified when a ghost invaded his school.
- Momma's Boy : Maddie talks about how, pre-accident, they "used to be so close," and frequently calls him "my baby."
- Mystical White Hair : Danny's ghost form has white hair.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits : Played straight in "13" when Johnny 13 tries using Jazz to bring his girlfriend into the human world.
- New Super Power : Gains a few over the course of the series. The major ones are his Hand Blast , his Ghostly Wail, his ice abilities and while temporary; Weather Control.
- Nice Guy : Outside of people who intentionally try to harm him and/or his loved ones, Danny tries to be nice around others.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished : It's bad enough that half the time people blame his ghost identity for things other ghosts have done, but other times, he gets in trouble as a human too.
- Not So Above It All : In the episode "Frightmare" it shows us Danny's dream world, where he is popular in school, has a harem of girls fawning over him in addition to dating Sam.
- Oblivious to Love : For most of the series, he has no idea that his best female friend has a crush on him. Even his father is aware of it and calls him " clueless ". The exchange below sums it up: Sam: [over the Fenton phones] Clueless One, this is Goth One, over'. Danny: Goth One, this is Clueless One. Why am I �Clueless One�? Tucker: [overheard from Sam's Fenton Phone] Tell him! Sam: Shut it!!
- Only Friend : By the end of the series, he's the only member of his family to know of Danielle's existence, which may play a part in why he becomes protective of her .
- Ordinary High-School Student : He was one of these before gaining his powers, and during the brief periods he's Brought Down to Normal .
- Painful Transformation : Danny gaining or losing his powers has him screaming in agony.
- Part-Time Hero : Like most teenage superheroes, he kicks superevil butt while going to school.
- Power Dyes Your Hair : His hair goes from being black to white, but otherwise stays the same.
- Power Perversion Potential : He apparently has used his ghost powers to peep at the girl's locker room.
- Primary-Color Champion : In his civilian form, his outfit consists of this: A white shirt with a red circle, blue jeans, and white/red shoes.
- Protagonist Title : His super/alter-ego identity is also the title of the show.
- Puberty Superpower : Played with. He does gain his powers around the correct time, and it's used as part of his coming of age story, but they came from a freak lab accident rather than actual puberty. Mildly lampshaded in "The Ultimate Enemy". After being trapped in the future and bound for his enemies to attack, he yells at them to stop... only to activate the "Ghostly Wail", the main new power Dark Danny has. He even mentions he is going through "evil puberty".
- Pungeon Master : He Lampshades his use of them often enough, and sometimes laments himself lacking available puns for a given enemy.
- Real Name as an Alias : His superhero alias uses his real first name, and the last names are pronounced almost identically, something Dark Danny once lampshaded.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning : Whenever he turns evil.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni : The Blue to Tucker's Red.
- Screw Destiny : In "The Ultimate Enemy", Danny refuses to let his bad future come to pass, no matter how much the other characters (especially Dark Danny ) tell him otherwise.
- Self-Duplication : Has trouble with this power at first, but by "Torrent of Terror" he's able to use it flawlessly.
- Serious Business : Danny usually enjoys exchanging witty banters while confronting his enemies. However, when he feels his loved ones are threatened or even kidnapped, he drops the jokes entirely.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend : In regards to Sam. At least until the final episode .
- Shonen Hair : Even if he gets helmet hair, changing forms will revert it back to this (to his delight).
- Shout-Out : Stephen Silver confirms his chest emblem is based on the ghosts from Pac-Man .
- Shower Shy : He only showers after everybody has already left the locker room.
- The Snark Knight : Makes jokes even during serious moments.
- Spider-Man Send-Up : Danny is most commonly compared to Spider-Man: they're both teenagers who gained their powers through science, they're both snarky, their archenemies are multibillionaires, they both are heroes with bad publicity, and deal with bullies who happen to be fans of their superhero personas. While Danny isn't spider or insect based, one episode shows he does have wall-walking as one of his many powers.
- Steven Ulysses Perhero : His Superhero identity, Danny Ph antom and his civilian name, Danny Fe nton. Lampshaded by Dark Danny , in fact. Hello! Danny Fenton , Danny Phantom . Ever notice the similarity? Jazz did.
- Super Hero Origin : While we do know the basics of how Danny got his powers from the Expository Theme Song , it isn't until the episode "Memory Blank" that we actually learn it was Sam that persuaded him to enter the portal in the first place.
- Super Not-Drowning Skills : As shown in "Double Cross My Heart" and "Girls' Night Out", he's able to breathe and talk underwater in his ghost form.
- Super-Scream : The Ghostly Wail, his most powerful technique he acquired from "The Ultimate Enemy" onward.
- This Loser Is You : Danny, to move the plot , almost all time prior to learning his Aesop at the end of an episode ( only to forget it by the next ), serves to show how much certain teenagers such as him are lazy, i.e. blowing off his homework, stuffing his face with junk food, calling almost anything not worth his time, playing bad video games, acting like a jerk, wanting to make-out with the Romantic False Lead , perpetually being a C-student, etc.
- That Thing Is Not My Child! : Averted . Danny started out suspicious of Danielle, but after learning what she is, he accepts her and becomes a surrogate big brother to her.
- Took a Level in Badass : Compare his first few episodes to the latter ones. In the beginning, he was awkwardly stumbling with his powers. By the end though, he had enough strength to kick the asses of god-like ghost beings !
- Triple Shifter : 14-year-old teenager infused with ectoplasm that can turn into a ghostly superhero... and plenty of sleep lost.
- The Unchosen One : Can be qualified as this since his powers came from a Freak Lab Accident and he ultimately chose to use them for good .
- Unskilled, but Strong : In the earlier episodes, he commonly struggled with using his ghost powers, both in and out of combat. He also has a rather basic fighting style for ghosts, so when fighting stronger enemies early on such as Vlad or Technus, he came off as lacking.
- Wake Up, Go to School, Save the World : Goes to school while fighting ghosts on a day-to-day basis.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human? : Averted. Unlike other ghost hunters, like his parents and Valerie, Danny has no interest in destroying his enemies as there are some he at least tries to befriend and is capable of knowing not all ghosts are evil. As for his clones, it's played straight with the more non-sentient ones, but averted with Danielle, as by the time he found out what she is, he had already started to grow fond of her and accepted her as family.
- Will They or Won't They? : With Sam. They get a Relationship Upgrade in the finale.
- Danny doesn't seem to have a problem scrapping with his underage nemesis Youngblood.
- Averted though when Danielle was still technically his enemy, as she was fooled into helping Vlad.
- Youthful Freckles : "Maternal Instinct" shows that Danny had these when he was younger.
Samantha "Sam" Manson
- Action Survivor : Despite all she goes through, she manages to survive many of the ghost attacks.
- Animal Wrongs Group : In "One of A Kind", she wants to set the Purpleback gorilla free from the zoo, making Danny do an essay to prove why it deserves to roam free since there's only two left in the world. Even ignoring that the gorilla is more than likely in the zoo because it's endangered and to prevents poachers and predators from doing harm, she lets the gorilla free under the mistaken idea it wants out (when in fact it notices Skulker and is trying to warn her) and, as far as Danny and Tucker knew, was about to attack them. She blackmails them with a photo of them hugging while asleep to keep world of her letting the gorilla go a secret.
- The Artifact : Her Secretly Wealthy status is mostly forgotten after the first ten episodes.
- Badass Normal : Capable of holding her own even without powers.
- Battle Ballgown : Sam makes one out of a wedding dress in "Beauty Marked".
- Bare Midriffs Are Feminine : Her default outfit leaves her belly button exposed.
- She's not fond of people using her full name of "Samantha".
- She's less fond of seeing Danny with another girl. And most definitely not fond of girls, like Paulina, taking advantage of Danny for their benefit.
- Boy Meets Ghoul : Sam, a living human has a huge amount of UST with her childhood friend , Danny Fenton, a human-ghost hybrid .
- Brainy Brunette : Out of the three, Sam is usually the most rational and mature, often thinking on a realistic level compared to Danny and Tucker as well as pointing out to Danny to focus more on ghost training and hunting.
- In "Parental Bonding", she apologizes to Paulina for calling her shallow and doesn't show the interest in Danny she'd later have. Granted, she was probably just trying to be nice to keep her from getting angry, but this is still something out of character for her later.
- In "The Million Dollar Ghost", she was exhausted from bicycling, but in "Micro Management", she's one of the most physically fit kids in school. Although, she was with Tucker pulling a carriage of 6 adults and a full-grown tiger, including going uphill. Even a more experienced athlete would have some difficulty.
- Childhood Friend Romance : With Danny, as they have been friends since kindergarten and became an Official Couple in the series finale .
- Clingy Jealous Girl : Doesn't like seeing Danny with other girls.
- The Cynic : Shares this trait with Danny, but in Danny's case it's pretty mild.
- Dark Is Not Evil : She dresses in all dark colors and is firmly on the protagonist's side.
- Deadpan Snarker : Moreso than Danny.
- Does Not Like Spam : Or any kind of meat for that matter.
- Everyone Can See It : A lot of people know that Sam has a crush on Danny, including Tucker, some of the kids from school, and even Danny's father Jack.
- Everyone Has Standards : She doesn't like being around her parents, but was equally concerned for their fates along with Danny's and Tucker's families in "Reality Trip".
- Fangirl : She enjoys monster movies—with her favorites being female monsters Femalien, Terminatra, and Nightmerica (all based or parodied on various male monster and/or horror films)—and Akira Kurosawa's samurai films.
- First Girl Wins : Hooks up with Danny in the finale.
- Freudian Excuse : Sam's pushy, self-righteous attitude may be a result of the way her parents tend to be pushy towards her.
- Gamer Chick : Kicks the crap out of Tucker and Danny before revealing to the boys that she had been the one doing so.
- Goth : Has all the trappings of one, but seems to do so out of a desire to be unique and rebel from her parents rather than fully embracing the style. Veers between the grim and perky variety at will.
- Granola Girl : Is a vegetarian and, in spite of her family being wealthy, thrift.
- Has a Type : Both boys she likes, Danny and "Gregor" from Double Cross My Heart , have white, spiky hair.
- He Is Not My Boyfriend : In regards to Danny. At least until the final episode.
- Hollywood Genetics : Sam has black hair and violet eyes, however her mom is a blue-eyed redhead and her dad is a blue-eyed blonde. Though a photo of her grandmother when she was young shows she has the exact same hair and eye color as her. On the other hand, she is a Goth , so the hair might just be dyed. Doesn't explain the eyes, though.
- Hypocrite : She despises forcing beliefs and opinions on to others yet forced the entire school to eat her "recyclable organic matter" because "we don't need meat". She scolds Danny for using his ghost powers against powerless school bullies yet she's okay with asking Danny to scare away customers from a dealership because they were selling eco-unfriendly trucks. She spied on Danny during his date with Valerie in "Flirting with Disaster", yet when he spied on her during a date with a new student in "Double Cross My Heart", she gets angry and threatens to end their friendship. Though, in that case, Valerie was someone who had previously tried to kill Danny�s ghost identity (a few times). It doesn't change that she reacted with hostility and never directly apologized when Danny had legitimate concerns over her date, which she admits he was right about.
- Hypocrite Has a Point : Despite her hypocrisy, she's not wrong about Danny abusing his powers for immature reasons.
- Informed Judaism : She's Jewish, not that this really comes up anywhere except the Christmas episode. Given how stereotypically WASP-ish her parents are, it's entirely possible that they're assimilating rather aggressively. Which would put Sam's anti-conformist attitude in a more poignant light.
- Ink-Suit Actor : Minus the ponytail above her head, Sam captures her voice actress' profile; black hair and all.
- Insistent Terminology : She's not a vegan, she's an ultra-recyclo vegetarian.
- Interspecies Romance : Considering Danny is currently a human-ghost hybrid, it's pretty obvious that this trope is in effect here.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy : Averted. She's unhappy and twitching her eye pretending to be this for Danny and Valerie. To be clear, Valerie was listening in and they were talking about Technus, so she acted this way to avoid her hearing them. Still, acting like it made her unhappy.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold : As hypocritical and bossy as Sam is, her heart is always in the right place. She's level-headed, caring, and loyal to her friends.
- Laugh of Love : She giggles while asking Danny "You really think I'm smart?" after Danny compliments her individuality and intelligence in "Fanning the Flames".
- The Lady's Favour : In the finale "Phantom Planet", Sam gives Danny a ring that was used in an earlier episode "Flirting With Disaster".
- Mystery Meat has her changing the school menu for herself (not for her fellow students and without their consent). This angers the ghost of the Lunch Lady, who attacks them. Even after she is kidnapped and Danny passes out from his first fight with the Lunch Lady, she doesn't admit changing the menu was a bad idea and still chooses to keep it changed. Tucker calls her out on it.
- In the same episode, Danny calls her out for her ideas in past episodes that have caused disasters (Changing the school lunch menu, and letting Sampson the Gorilla out of the cage) which offends her enough to escalate their argument into a full-blown fight. (Though it's worth noting she's feeling remorseful about said fight by the next morning.)
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero : Some of Sam's ideas have gotten Danny into ghost trouble more than once, starting from the first episode, "Mystery Meat". Danny gives her a whole speech about it in "Memory Blank".
- Not a Morning Person : "I'm a creature of the night, doomed to a family of morning people."
- Odd Friendship : With Tucker. Sam is a vegetarian goth and Tucker is a meat-loving tech nerd but nonetheless the two of them are very tight. Sam even dumps her boyfriend, Gregor, when he wanted her to cut Tucker out of her life.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business : The only time Sam acts really cheerful is around Christmas ( even though she's Jewish ). One of the kids at her school was so freaked, he thought it was a Sign of the Apocalypse !
- Perky Goth : Kind of. Not nearly as perky as most of the girls in her school, but she generally more upbeat and cheery than one might expect from a typical goth.
- Royalties Heiress : Her great-grandfather Izzy invented the machine that twirls cellophane around toothpicks, and it's ensured her family's affluence for generations since.
- Secretly Wealthy : Her family is filthy rich, but she didn't want to be treated differently because of it.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man : Has a crush on Danny, who is outgoing, friendly and fun.
- The Snark Knight : Just as much as Danny, only with more dry humor.
- Soapbox Sadie : She's the character in the title page's image. In the show, she expresses very strong opinions on animals rights, treatment of women, nature, or anything she feels strongly against.
- Straw Vegetarian : She's a self-proclaimed "ultra-recyclo vegetarian", which apparently means she eats mud and grass. She also openly admits in the first episode that she just does it to be different, but she doesn't seem to like meat all that much in any case. She also insists that "ultra-recyclo vegetarians" don't have to cook their food, while dishes like steamed carrots and grilled corn would prove her wrong.
- Tears of Joy : In "Phantom Planet", after Danny reassures her fears about not seeing him much anymore by putting a ring on her finger and asserting that he couldn't do things without her.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl : The Tomboy to Jazz's Girly Girl.
- Tomboyish Name : Hates being called "Samantha".
- Unwillingly Girly Tomboy : Sam enters a Beauty Contest to try and prove how sexist it is. It's actually a charade for a medieval King Ghost from another dimension to pick a human bride, and when Sam accidentally wins, she is dressed up like a princess for the King by his lady servant. She even busts through her glass slippers.
- Uptown Girl : Her family is richer than Danny's, but she lives like an average high school student.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend : Do not threaten Danny. Paulina almost learned this the hard way in "Parental Bonding".
- Vocal Evolution : Grey portrayed Sam with a slight deeper tone in her voice in the first episode.
- Will They or Won't They? : With Danny. They get a Relationship Upgrade in the finale.
- Acquired Situational Narcissism : Whenever he gets a lot of power, he turns into a megalomaniac. This is seen in the episode where he gets his own ghost powers and the episode where he was made King of the world.
- Action Survivor : Like Sam, despite being less capable in a fight than her.
- Berserk Button : He doesn't like being separated from technology.
- Big Eater : Will eat anything, except vegetables .
- Big Oleyebrows : Like Danny, Tucker has thick, square-shaped eyebrows.
- Black and Nerdy : And proud to be the latter.
- Book Dumb : Despite how intelligent he's shown to be, when changing his grades, it's revealed most of them are D's and F's.
- Brainy Brunette : Has black hair and is a tech expert.
- Butt-Monkey : He's dumped on quite a lot and has saved Danny more than once and yet, he only gets thanked once and it's a "thanks for being my friend" that Danny throws out to Sam as well. Although it's heartfelt, the execution of how that came about feels rather tacked on and awkward. Later seasons have him either virtually ignored or usually getting victimized. It becomes part of the plot in "What You Want" when Tucker, after routinely getting pummeled every time Danny ditches him to save the world, wishes for ghost powers.
- Casanova Wannabe : Tucker is mildly flirtatious and particularly interested in girls, though every attempt of his to get noticed by one has failed.
- Does Not Like Spam : Tuck hates vegetables. And eats them so rarely to the point where he gets serious diarrhea after eating a bunch of Blood Blossoms to save Danny.
- Dreadful Musician : His singing is so terrible, that it broke Ember's trance on the teenagers.
- Earn Your Happy Ending : After 3 seasons of getting mistreated and ignored, he is rewarded for his role in saving the Earth from the Disasteroid by being elected the youngest Mayor in the history of Amity Park.
- Fatal Flaw : One of his greatest weaknesses is a tendency to abuse his relationships with his friends once he is in a position of power. Tucker has an inferiority complex where his friends are concerned, and whenever Tucker becomes empowered through a ghostly wish or otherwise, he tends to turn on his friends. This suggests a power-hungry and volatile side to the otherwise placid Tucker. At one point, Tucker was even perfectly willing to kill Danny at the behest of his wish-granting ghost benefactor. He is seen as irresponsible with power, using it for personal pleasure rather than the more righteous reasons Danny wields his with (similar to Vlad Plasmius).
- Flanderization : He starts out a simple geek who is good with technology, unlucky in getting dates and makes a few one liners. As the show continues, his obsession with technology grows to the point of treating gadgets like people, tries too hard to be suave with girls and continues making jokes to the point of wanting to be seen funny.
- Gasshole : Alluded to/implied when he gives Danny recordings of fart noises to use , to which Danny snarks that he needs to change his diet. He has also burped a couple of times throughout the series.
- Hopeless Suitor : To every girl he hits on, his obsession with technology and inability to shut up don't do him favors.
- Improbable Age : The series ends with Tucker being appointed as the new mayor of Amity Park, while still in high school .
- I Just Want to Be Special : Although in the series finale, he becomes the youngest mayor of Amity Park.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold : Can act like a jerk when in a position of power but aside from that he is actually a friendly and outgoing Nice Guy .
- Motor Mouth : Tucker enjoys talking, but often does not know when to keep his mouth shut, causing him to blurt out more than he should or cause trouble for his friends (accidentally revealing the password put on the Ghost Portal to the Guys In White for example).
- Nerds Are Pervs : Tucker is a Casanova Wannabe , Pathetically Weak technogeek who uses his knowledge to spy on girls.
- The Nose Knows : When it comes to meat , he�s like a bloodhound. Tucker: Danny, Two Words ; meat connoisseur. ( Sniffs the air around Danny ) Last night, you had Sloppy Joes. Danny: Impressive.
- Odd Friendship : With Sam. They opposing personalities and interests can sometimes clash with each other like in the pilot episode, but they are tight and enjoy spending time together even when Danny is not around. Sam even breaks up with her boyfriend, Gregor, after he wanted her to cut Tucker out of her life.
- Out of Focus : Sort of in Season 3. He is still a main character but he's often put more to the side to make room for Sam and Danny's growing relationship.
- Plucky Comic Relief : Sees himself as one, though Danny and Sam seem to think otherwise.
- Proud to Be a Geek : At first he hates being called "nerd" and "techno geek", but eventually he accepts it.
- Real Men Eat Meat : His dietary habits are obsessed with it, to the point of eating little else.
- Real Men Wear Pink : In a Freeze-Frame Bonus when he's changing his grades, it shows that the only A he has is in "sewing".
- Red Is Heroic : His signature red hat.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni : The Red to Danny's Blue.
- The Resenter : Prior to obtaining his ghost powers, Danny was on equal grounds with Tucker. The two were best friends who shared everything. Then Danny gets all the awesome powers and Tucker is stuck being the Butt-Monkey . One episode showed him acting on his resentment via an (unintentional) deadly wish that nearly had him kill Danny. Indeed, seeing the monster his wish had created helps Tucker move past this trope. Tucker: Is... is that me?
- Rival Turned Evil : To Danny in "What You Want" when he wishes to have ghost powers, but he gets better.
- Royal Blood : Revealed to be a descendant of Pharaoh Duulaman in the aptly-named episode King Tuck, which allows him to awaken the spirit of said pharaoh's servant, Hotep-Ra, and command the sphinx the latter awakens .
- Shipper on Deck : While everyone was aware of things between Danny and Sam, it was most obvious with Tucker.
- Small Name, Big Ego : He loves to talk about how he has charm, good looks, and modesty.
- Smart People Wear Glasses : Glasses are a significant part of Tucker's design, having them be one of the first items to go when Sam transforms him from Techno Geek to Goth.
- The Smart Guy : While not the mature one, Tucker is by far the most intelligent member of team Phantom in terms of pure knowledge.
- Trademark Favorite Food : Meat, lots of it.
- Vocal Evolution : For the 2017 short, "The Fairly Odd Phantom", because Rickey hadn't been acting in 10 years, Tucker's voice has a different pitch.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes? : He is terrified of hospitals and snakes.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity : Whenever he's in a position of power (episodes like "What You Want" and "King Tuck" being perfect examples), he'll abuse it.
Jasmine "Jazz" Fenton
- Academic Alpha Bitch : Before Character Development , she considered herself too good for her family because of how intelligent and mature she was.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys : This was part of her initial attraction to Johnny 13.
- Annoying Younger Sibling : Inverted . Jazz is the older sibling, but can be seen this way to Danny sometimes.
- Bad "Bad Acting" : She shows this in spades when pretending not to know of her brother's Secret Identity .
- Badass Bookworm : She's more book smart than her brother and has more common sense than her parents, but she's just as capable as them in battle.
- Berserk Button : Don't mess with her Bearbert Einstein teddy. Or her little brother.
- Big Sister Instinct : She cares dearly for Danny and would do anything for him. She attempts to protect him from their parents early in the series when she still believes them to be crazy for believing in ghosts, then upon learning his secret does everything in her power to protect him & his secret identity.
- Blatant Lies : After Danny figures out she knows his identity (due to recognizing her handwriting on the note attached to her headband), Jazz initially denies it, until he calls her out.
- Butt-Monkey : While not on the same level as Danny or Tucker , Jazz has received her fair share of inadvertent mishaps. During "Mystery Meat", she was subject to inadvertently ending up caught in her parents' traps and how she had little success in changing her parents' belief in ghosts. She's also subject to a few slapstick moments, notably sprayed with goop by accident after Danny pushed a button in the Fenton Ghost Assault Vehicle in "Bitter Reunions" and gets pelted with garbage by spectators due to her atrocious singing in "Girls' Night Out".
- Catapult Nightmare : She wakes up screaming and surprised to still be alive after being rendered unconscious by Dark Danny.
- Her sudden increased interest in ghosts eventually leads Jazz to realize she is suffering from "ghost envy" when she states she desires to be a ghost to get her parents' attention.
- She also goes from viewing Danny as an immature child to deeply respecting her brother's selflessly heroic nature and attempts to support him.
- Commonality Connection : In �Reality Trip�, she has a moment with Freakshow where they both admit to having �Ghost Envy�, and realize that they both understand what it�s like to grow up in the shadow of ghosts.
- Companion Cube : When she was younger, she had Bearbert Einstein .
- Cool Big Sis : Eventually becomes this for Danny once she learns his secret. She helps him and his friends fight ghosts and she does what she can to keep his ghost identity a secret from their ghost-enthusiastic parents.
- Curb-Stomp Battle : Her attempt to combat Dark Danny at the Nasty Burger in "The Ultimate Enemy" qualifies as this, although she fares better than her parents, as her use of the Fenton Ghost Peeler reveals his true identity to everyone there.
- Daddy's Girl : Jack Fenton shows in several scenes that he absolutely adores his daughter (not that he ignores his son), to the point that Jazz's often obsessive personality may have been caused by Jack's influence�no matter how much she would deny it.
- Deuteragonist : Of "The Ultimate Enemy" special. She's the only character to realize Dark Danny isn't her timeline's version of her younger brother (at least before the Nasty Burger scene) and is his sole opposition between his two fights with Danny, even being indirectly responsible for Danny's return to the past by telling him of Vlad's portal.
- Emo Teen : Started out as one. Though it wasn't exactly Emo, per se. More along the lines of "Annoyed with her parents' constant love for ghosts".
- Fiery Redhead : Can be this if you push her too far.
- Giver of Lame Names : When she was trying to be more active in fighting ghosts, she tries giving her own names to them. Best example, she called Skulker "Ghost X". She also calls herself, Sam, and Tucker as "Ghost Getters", which they both agree is NOT a cool name.
- Heroic Sacrifice : Subverted. She tries invoking one in "Reign Storm" by offering to wear the Ecto-Skeleton in place of her parents due to her belief that Danny needs both of them, but is knocked out shortly thereafter.
- Hidden Depths : Several different instances, but most notable for being hinted at and followed up on is her revealing that deep down she's resentful of all the attention her parents give to ghosts, as well as her brother being able to be a part of that - she gets a Commonality Connection moment with Freakshow when they both are shown to have "Ghost Envy".
- Irony : She's the only member of Team Phantom to have never met Danielle during the series, despite the fact that being Danny's sister would make them related. It's often assumed Danny has never mentioned her around Jazz.
- Locked Out of the Loop : Despite knowing Danny's identity from as early as the first season and the former learning she knows in "Ultimate Enemy", Danny never tells her about Vlad's Secret Identity and she only finds out after going on her brother's computer.
- Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter : Jazz definitely takes after her mother, physically, though Jack Fenton is more bumbling than mad.
- Nice Girl : Becomes one after Character Development .
- Not So Above It All : Ghost hunting in general or acting her actual age. In one episode, while Danny and her mom were off on a trip together (really just another ploy by Vlad to get Maddie), she bonded with Jack a lot and really got into the ghost hunting. It translated after it was revealed to Danny that she knew his secret and joined him in his ghost hunting.
- Parental Substitute : She thinks she's more capable of taking care of Danny than their parents, mostly because of their fascination with ghosts.
- Promotion to Parent : How she saw herself before learning Danny's secret and starting to get along with her parents more.
- Secret Secret-Keeper : From "My Brother's Keeper" through "The Ultimate Enemy", afterwards she becomes a regular Secret-Keeper .
- Sibling Yin-Yang : How her relationship with Danny started out until "The Ultimate Enemy".
- Temporarily a Villain : In "Secret Weapons" to get back at Danny for snapping at her for her unwanted help. Though she was faking it.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl : The Girly Girl to Sam's Tomboy.
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Daughter : Jack isn't exactly ugly, but Jazz is definitely more fit than her father.
- Took a Level in Kindness : She wasn't exactly mean early on just very stuck up and condescending even though she did mean well. She humbles up a lot becoming one of the most likable characters in the entire series.
- Unwitting Pawn : Becomes this for Johnny 13 when he tries getting her to wear Kitty's clothes so the latter can take her place outside of the Ghost Zone.
- What the Hell, Hero? : Does this to her parents in "Reality Trip," spelling out to them that the reason Danny never trusted them enough to tell them of his ghost powers is because they constantly ranted about wanting to destroy all ghosts, right in front of him . Jack and Maddie both have a Jerkass Realization at that. Jazz: Hmm, let me guess. [ mimicking Jack ] "Hey, Maddie, let's destroy the ghost!" [ mimicking Maddie ] "No, Jack, let's dissect the ghost." [ mimicking Jack again ] "I know, let's catch the ghost and rip it apart molecule by molecule!" [ normal voice ] You guys are so understanding .
- Characters/Danny Phantom
- Danny Phantom: Villains
- Action Adventure
- Crime & Punishment
- Professional Wrestling
- Speculative Fiction
- Sports Story
- Animation (Western)
- Music And Sound Effects
- Print Media
- Sequential Art
- Tabletop Games
- Applied Phlebotinum
- Characters As Device
- Narrative Devices
- British Telly
- The Contributors
- Creator Speak
- Derivative Works
- Laws And Formulas
- Show Business
- Split Personality
- Truth And Lies
- Truth In Television
- Fate And Prophecy
- Edit Reasons
- Isolated Pages
- Images List
- Recent Videos
- Crowner Activity
- Un-typed Pages
- Recent Page Type Changes
- Trope Entry
- Character Sheet
- Playing With
- Creating New Redirects
- Cross Wicking
- Tips for Editing
- Text Formatting Rules
- Handling Spoilers
- Trope Repair Shop
- Image Pickin'
10 Extraordinary Facts About Nikki Sanderson
19 Captivating Facts About Radoslav Nesterovi
15 facts about sam manson (danny phantom).
Published: 12 Sep 2023
Sam Manson, one of the beloved characters from the hit animated series “Danny Phantom,” has captured the hearts of fans with her unique personality and strong presence. As the best friend and confidante of ghost-hunting hero Danny Fenton, Sam is known for her gothic style, fiery spirit, and unwavering loyalty. Throughout the show’s run, Sam has been an integral part of the Ghost Zone adventures, providing both comic relief and emotional support when needed.
In this article, we bring you 15 fascinating facts about Sam Manson that will deepen your understanding of this complex character. From her iconic style to her insightful quotes, we’ll explore the depths of Sam’s personality, her role in the series, and the impact she has made on fans of “Danny Phantom.” So, join us as we delve into the world of Sam Manson, discovering what makes her such a beloved and memorable cartoon character.
Sam Manson is one of the main characters in the animated TV series “Danny Phantom.”
Sam Manson is a key character in “Danny Phantom,” an animated series that aired from 2004 to She is known for her distinctive goth style and strong personality.
Her full name is Samantha Manson.
Sam Manson’s full name is Samantha Manson. This detail adds depth to her character and emphasizes her individuality.
Sam is Danny Fenton’s best friend.
Sam Manson is not just a friend but Danny Fenton’s best friend. Their close bond and shared adventures form the core of the series.
She is an activist and environmentalist.
Sam Manson is passionate about environmental causes and is depicted as an activist throughout the series. Her dedication to protecting the planet serves as an inspiration for many viewers.
Sam is a vegetarian.
One defining characteristic of Sam Manson is her vegetarian lifestyle. This aspect of her character reflects her commitment to her beliefs and adds to her overall uniqueness.
She has a crush on Danny Phantom.
Sam Manson harbors a secret crush on her best friend, Danny Fenton, particularly when he transforms into the superhero Danny Phantom. This unrequited love adds an element of complexity to their relationship.
Sam has a strong aura and can sense supernatural activity.
Sam possesses a unique ability to sense paranormal activity, which becomes an asset in the fight against ghosts and other supernatural beings throughout the series.
She is skilled in martial arts.
Sam Manson’s character is not only mentally strong but physically capable as well. Her proficiency in martial arts makes her a formidable ally and a valuable asset in Danny’s ghost-fighting team.
Sam comes from a wealthy family.
Despite her goth appearance and rebellious nature, Sam Manson hails from a wealthy family. This background adds an interesting contrast to her character and serves as a source of conflict in some episodes.
She has a pet cat named Cujo.
Sam Manson is a cat lover and is inseparable from her pet cat, Cujo. This furry companion adds a touch of warmth and humor to the series.
Sam embraces her individuality and doesn’t conform to societal expectations.
Sam Manson is depicted as a fiercely independent character who actively rejects conformity. Her refusal to adhere to societal norms and expectations inspires young viewers to be true to themselves.
She has a sarcastic sense of humor.
Sam Manson is known for her quick wit and sarcastic sense of humor. Her sharp comments and clever comebacks contribute to the comedic elements of the show.
Sam is highly intelligent and an excellent student.
Beyond her goth appearance, Sam Manson is also portrayed as an incredibly intelligent character. She excels academically and is often seen as the voice of reason among her friends.
She has a strong moral compass.
Sam Manson is guided by a strong sense of right and wrong. Her unwavering moral compass makes her an admirable character and a source of inspiration for viewers.
Sam is a loyal and dependable friend.
Above all else, Sam Manson is depicted as a loyal and dependable friend. She is always there for her friends and is willing to go to great lengths to support them.
Sam Manson, the goth girl with a fierce attitude, is a beloved character from the animated series Danny Phantom. Throughout the show, we learn more about Sam’s unique personality, her unbreakable friendship with Danny Fenton, and her secret love for the supernatural. From her love for environmental causes to her unique ghost powers, Sam Manson adds depth and complexity to the show.
With her striking appearance, sarcastic sense of humor, and unwavering loyalty, Sam is a fan favorite who captures the hearts of viewers young and old. Whether she’s defeating ghosts, advocating for the environment, or standing up for what she believes in, Sam Manson is a character who teaches us the importance of embracing our true selves and fighting for what is right.
So, buckle up and prepare for some ghostly adventures with Sam Manson and the rest of the Danny Phantom gang!
1. Who is Sam Manson in Danny Phantom?
Sam Manson is one of the main characters in the animated series Danny Phantom. She is Danny Fenton’s best friend and a key member of Team Phantom. Sam is known for her goth style, unwavering loyalty, and her secret crush on Danny.
2. What are Sam Manson’s ghost powers?
In the show, Sam gains ghost powers just like Danny Phantom. Her ghost powers include intangibility, invisibility, and the ability to shoot green spectral energy blasts. She uses these powers to help Danny in his battles against ghosts and other supernatural threats.
3. Does Sam Manson have any special abilities?
Apart from her ghost powers, Sam has a deep connection to the supernatural. She possesses telekinesis, which allows her to move objects with her mind. Sam also has an uncanny ability to sense and communicate with spirits, making her an invaluable asset to Danny and his team.
4. What are some of Sam Manson’s interests?
Sam is a passionate advocate for environmental causes. She is a firm believer in protecting the planet and fighting against pollution and climate change. Sam is also shown to have an interest in dark and macabre subjects, which align with her goth persona.
5. How does Sam Manson contribute to the story of Danny Phantom?
Sam plays a crucial role in Danny Phantom as she not only supports and stands by Danny’s side throughout his ghostly adventures but also challenges him to be a better hero. Her strong personality and unwavering friendship provide a strong emotional anchor for the show, making her an integral part of the story.
Share this Fact: