- Tagging & Taxonomy
- Earn Points
- Favorite Series
- Favorite Movies
S01e01 the birthday presence.
- May 25, 2002
Night-time. A mansion. Aside from the various furnishings, including African statues, masks and other artifacts, that populate the many rooms, it is empty but for one person, Brad Remington. His parents are once again away on a trip and the butler has the rest of the week off. In his lavish room, decorated in the same manner as the rest of the house, Brad works on the guest list for what he calls the coolest birthday party in the bay area: his own. He hasn't quite finished, though, so he adds a few more names, then has the computer pull up all known information on a potential guest, Marty Buttwinick. A search reveals that Marty has no ties to the chess, science, math or French clubs; geek free, according to Brad, and ready to invite. Yet, the computer only gives his popularity rating a 98%. Brad doesn't understand this part. Why only 98%? The computer states that Marty's last name, Buttwinick, is comical and advises Brad to withhold any invite to him. Brad agrees and the list is done.
S01E02 The Year of the Snake
- June 1, 2002
S01E03 Stall of Doom
- June 8, 2002
Kira had just won the Best Techno DJ Award and her day was going great. She made a stop at the bathroom before leaving school for obvious reasons. But, she didn't go to just any bathroom. She went to the 2nd floor bathroom we're the 2 meanest bullies in this side of the school. They harased and picked on Kira and threw her gold CD away and that got Kira in a nasty mood. She went to the P.I headcourters and then she got in a fight with Demona and Jericho got into a fight with Casey. Then, one of the bullies went to use the bathroom and in a flash, she was gone. The other one called the P.I and Demona arived at the scene. She couldn't figur out what was wrong hapening and she asked for Kira's help and they got into another huge fight. The toilet in the stall that one of the girls disappeared to, began glowing and then the other bully was gone. Muntama, a ghost of a jaitior that died, saved Demona and Kira from going down the toilet. He explained that this has benn hapening a very long ti
- June 15, 2002
S01E05 Demon Driver
- June 22, 2002
Nate Adler's dad is obsessed with cars and has been for a while. Just recently, he was an hour late picking Nate up from practise because he was too busy working on his prize Barracuda. On the ride home, he spoke of nothing but cars, ignoring any attempts by Nate to change the subject. But that's not the worst of it. Lately, he's been getting crazy, animalistic looks on his face while driving. And he has just now decided he loves to speed and terrorize the roads! These last two characteristics have Nate worried. Worried enough to call the number on a flyer he found, the number for the Phantom Investigators. After receiving Nate's call, Daemona takes a trip to the Adler residence and meets her client, who explains the problem. Time to verify! While Mr. Adler is working on the â€˜Cuda, she points her Spectre Detector at him. Uh-oh, serious demon readings. Meanwhile, the other P.I.'s are with Professor Navarro at his garage and, he's got a wonderful new toy for them: the Ghoul Mobile, a fan
S01E06 Omega Pizza Pi
- June 29, 2002
Demona is tring out for the debate team. She wasn't doing so well. Wad, wasn't helping. He was actually making thinks worse. Beacuse of him, she was denied a place in the team. She didn't like debate but she wanted to be in the team beacuse the team goes to France every year. The debate team's captin, Toby, decides to give Demona another chance, but of cource there is a catch. He gives her a list of chores to do and he says that she could only try out if she does all thats on the list. Demona really wants to go to France so she accepts, even though Kira advices her not to. Jericho finds a case for the P.I. They go to Romero's Pizza, where they find their client, Pete. He said that he ran into ghosts while delivering pizza. He also tells them the rumors about ghosts taking other workers prisoners and when they come back, they all quit. Demona finds goo all over Pete's shirt and he says it's from the ghost, so Demona takes some samples to analyse. Back to the P.I headcourters, Demona now
S01E07 Skating the Plank
San Francisco. Daytime. Jericho is over at the Skate Paradise skate park, putting in some practise time on his board. Kira and Casey have gone along to cheer him on. Daemona, meanwhile, has opted to stay home and sort through some more of her late grandma's things. She has already found several unique devices that the P.I.'s can use to fight spirits. But, why would her grandma even have these things in the first place? Hmmm... that's a story for later. Right now, Daemona is hauling a box of grandma's old gadgets up to the attic, the secret location of P.I. H.Q. On the way, her mom asks what she does with all this junk. Evidently, neither of Daemona's parental units know about the Phantom Investigators, and Daemona is perfectly happy with this set-up. She simply says she sells them online. Back at the park, it's break time for Jericho. Casey thinks he's a shoe-in to win the skateboard competition in a few days. Jericho's not so sure. Last year, he won silver while Rick DeLorea took gold
S01E08 From Egypt With Love
S01e09 haunted dreams, s01e10 the 5th p.i.
(This synopsis was written from memory; the show is not being aired anymore and I have no copy of the episode available for reference. I last saw it a few months before writing this, so my memory is still relatively fresh, but hardly complete. Please bear with me if any parts are vague and if guest characters names are omitted; I can't remember everything. Ken Robinson) There's a steam monster haunting the boy's shower at Bela Lugosi jr. high. Luckily, the P.I.'s are on hand to stop it. But before they can do that, a new student uses his strange powers to reduce it to a little bite-size steam monster (which he then eats, believe it or not). The P.I.'s, having witnessed this display, are impressed and want him to join them as the 5th P.I. Not going to happen, though. Instead, this mysterious new student (whose name escapes me) takes them into the netherrealm as his prisoners. It turns out he is a Shadowcop, a sort of police officer from the spiritual world. He has brought the P.I.'
S01E11 Ghosts on Film
(This synopsis was written from memory; the show is not being aired anymore and I have no copy of the episode available for reference. I last saw it a few months before writing this, so my memory is still relatively fresh, but not complete. Please bear with me if any parts are vague and if guest characters names are omitted; I can't remember everything. Ken Robinson) A young boy is watching an old (and obviously very cheap) movie, which his grandfather directed many years ago. Apparently, it was unreleased to the public; one of the actors was killed during filming, preventing it from being completed. The only copies in existence are the rough cuts that are owned by this boy and his grandpa. These copies even include the footage of the death, caught on camera. The film itself is all about a space tyrant's attempts to conquer the Earth. Good thing it's only fiction, huh? Well, that's not exactly true. This tyrant, Morgg the Merciless, soon leaves the film and enters the real world.
S01E12 Thank Wad
(This synopsis was written from memory; the show is not being aired anymore and I have no copy of the episode available for reference. I last saw it a few months before writing this, so my memory is still relatively fresh, but not complete. Please bear with me if any parts are vague and if guest characters names are omitted; I can't remember everything. Ken Robinson) Goody! It's an episode focusing on Wad! Here, we are treated to various attempts by Wad to help the P.I.'s during one of their cases. Too bad his brand of ""help"" ends up hurting their efforts. While this is happening, we get to see a series of flashbacks of Wad's life before he became walking, talking chewing gum. It turns out his current form is his punishment for playing a prank on a high ranking member of the spirit world. Poor Wad. It wasn't even him who played the joke, but his best friend, who let Wad take the blame. Now, this ""friend"" has returned and is menacing the P.I.'s in his new form as a garbage m
S01E13 Secrets Exposed!
(This synopsis was written from memory; the show is not being aired anymore and I have no copy of the episode available for reference. I last saw it a few months before writing this, so my memory is still relatively fresh, but not complete. Please bear with me if any parts are vague and if guest characters names are omitted; I can't remember everything - Magnus4001) It's a gloomy night and Daemona's having a nightmare. Daemona's in it. So is her grandmother's grave. Leaves, blown by the wind, form a word in front of the tombstone. ""Will"". Daemona immediately awakens and checks her dead grandmother's will for something that might tell her what the dream meant (after all, what else can ""Will"" refer to?). Unfortunately, she finds nothing. Meanwhile, Navarro is having problems of his own. There's a giant demon hunting him (always problematic), one who seems to have met Navarro before, judging by the way it speaks to him. When the P.I.'s show up to help, they discover this and more
- Richard Cansino
- Stephen Holman
- Aleksander Kocev
Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Convention, Sep 7 - 9, 2023, Hunt Valley, MD
Log in or sign up for Rotten Tomatoes
Trouble logging in?
Email not verified
Let's keep in touch.
Sign up for the Rotten Tomatoes newsletter to get weekly updates on:
- Upcoming Movies and TV shows
- Trivia & Rotter Tomatoes Podcast
- Media News + More
OK, got it!
Movies / TV
No results found.
- What's the Tomatometer®?
Movies in theaters
- Opening this week
- Top box office
- Coming soon to theaters
- Certified fresh movies
Movies at home
- Netflix streaming
- Amazon prime
- Most popular streaming movies
- What to Watch New
Certified fresh picks
- The Color Purple Link to The Color Purple
- American Symphony Link to American Symphony
- Society of the Snow Link to Society of the Snow
New TV Tonight
- True Detective: Season 4
- Monsieur Spade: Season 1
- The Woman in the Wall: Season 1
- Death and Other Details: Season 1
- Emmys: Season 75
- Hazbin Hotel: Season 1
- Wild Cards: Season 1
- Belgravia: The Next Chapter: Season 1
- Sort Of: Season 3
- On the Roam with Jason Momoa: Season 1
Most Popular TV on RT
- Echo: Season 1
- Boy Swallows Universe: Season 1
- Fool Me Once: Season 1
- The Brothers Sun: Season 1
- Ted: Season 1
- Criminal Record: Season 1
- The Curse: Season 1
- Best TV Shows
- Most Popular TV
- TV & Streaming News
- Prime Video
Certified fresh pick
- True Detective: Season 4 Link to True Detective: Season 4
- All-Time Lists
- Binge Guide
- Comics on TV
- Five Favorite Films
- Video Interviews
- Weekend Box Office
- Weekly Ketchup
- What to Watch
All 27 Pixar Movies Ranked by Tomatometer
All Marvel Movies In Order: How To Watch MCU Chronologically
Golden Tomato Awards: Best Movies & TV of 2023
2023 Emmy Winners: 75th Primetime & Creative Arts Emmy Winners (Updating Live)
2024 Critics Choice Awards Winners: Film & Television (Updating Live)
- Trending on RT
- Shop Rotten Tomatoes
- True Detective
- Vote Fan Favorite Movie
- Vote Fan Favorite TV
Home > Phantom Investigators
Phantom Investigators (2002 - Present)
Phantom investigators, series info.
A team of 12-year-old investigators probes paranormal problems.
- TV Network: The WB
- Premiere Date: May 25, 2002
- Genre: Kids family
Rate And Review
Phantom investigators photos.
Join or Sign In
Sign in to customize your TV listings
- Seasons & Episodes
- Cast & Crew
A group of 12-year-olds probe paranormal goings-on in this animated series, which also utilizes puppetry and computer-generated special effects.
Loading. Please wait...
My cable/satellite provider:
There are no TV airings over the next 14 days. Add it to your Watchlist to receive updates and availability notifications.
Latest News See All
- Now Playing
- Airing Today
- Popular People
- Alternative Titles
- Cast & Crew
- Episode Groups
- Backdrops 0
- Login to Add a Video
- Content Issues 0
Phantom Investigators (2002)
← back to main, series cast 2.
— (13 Episodes)
Series Crew 4
Animation (13 Episodes)
Sarah de Gaudemar
You need to be logged in to continue. Click here to login or here to sign up.
Can't find a movie or TV show? Login to create it.
On media pages
On tv season pages, on tv episode pages, on all image pages, on all edit pages, on discussion pages.
Want to rate or add this item to a list?
Not a member?
Sign up and join the community
Phantom Investigators (2002– )
Full cast & crew.
Series Directed by
Series writing credits , series cast , series produced by , series music by , series cinematography by , series editing by , series art direction by , series production management , series second unit director or assistant director , series art department , series sound department , series visual effects by , series camera and electrical department , series animation department , series editorial department , series music department , series additional crew .
Release Dates | Official Sites | Company Credits | Filming & Production | Technical Specs
Contribute to This Page
- Full Cast and Crew
- Release Dates
- Official Sites
- Company Credits
- Filming & Production
- Technical Specs
- Plot Summary
- Plot Keywords
- Parents Guide
Did You Know?
- Crazy Credits
- Alternate Versions
Photo & Video
- Photo Gallery
- Trailers and Videos
- User Reviews
- User Ratings
- External Reviews
- Metacritic Reviews
- Episode List
- External Sites
Related lists from IMDb users
- Edit source
- View history
Phantom Investigators is an animated series that aired on Kids' WB! . It follows four junior high school kids, three of whom have unique supernatural abilities, who team up as a detective group called the Phantom Investigators. They solve supernatural mysteries that occur throughout their town. The ran for a single season of 13 episodes in 2002.
Kids WB! ad for Phantom Investigators (2002)
- 1 Detention
- 2 Kids' WB Australia
- 3 Cardcaptors
- Español NEW
Phantom Investigators facts for kids
Phantom Investigators is a 13-episode animated show that aired on Kids' WB in 2002, premiering on May 25 and ending on June 29. It was created using a special mixture of stop-motion (used for the main cast and the other citizens), puppetry (used for many of the supernatural creatures that are encountered), and live-action (used mainly for ghosts). The show was created by Stephen Holman, known for his work on Joe Normal for MTV 's Liquid Television and Life with Loopy for Nickelodeon 's KaBlam! which ran during all the duration.
The show revolved around four 12 year old kids in junior high school . Three of them possess a idiosyncratic supernatural ability. Their group is known as The Phantom Investigators, or "P.I." for short. Together, they help solve supernatural mysteries that occur all over town. In some reasons, they will simultaneously find a solution to a personal problem they are dealing with in the beginning of the episode.
- Daemona, a girl without powers, is the leader' voiced by Courtney Vineys
- Jericho, a boy who has telekinetic powers; voiced by Alecsander Kocev
- Casey, a boy can morph into things; voiced by Andrew Decker
- Kira, an African American girl who has telepathic abilities; voiced by Amber Ross
- Wad, a gum-chewing sprite and once a pixie named Todd ended up get demoted into a sprite for his punishment is mentioned from episode 12 Thanks Wad
- Jinxy, a bad luck demon
- Max appears in "Ghosts on Film"; voiced by Adam McArthur
- Professor Felix Navarro, a mentor figure to the PIs; voiced by Richard Cansino
- Demon Driver (airdate: June 22, 2002)
- Skating the Plank
- Omega Pizza Pi (airdate: June 29, 2002)
- Birthday Presence (airdate: May 25, 2002)
- From Egypt with Love
- Haunted Dreams
- Stall of Doom (airdate: June 8, 2002)
- Were-Dog (airdate: June 15, 2002)
- The Year of the Snake (airdate: June 1, 2002)
- The 5th P.I.
- Ghosts on Film
- Secrets Exposed!
- This page was last modified on 18 December 2023, at 12:05. Suggest an edit .
Michigan Council of Professional Investigators MCPI Member
- Adoption Investigations
- Cheating Spouse
- Child Custody
- Corporate Investigations
- Criminal Investigations
- Insurance Investigations
- Missing Person
- Asset Search
- Background Check
- Driving Records
- GPS Tracker
- SSN Verification
For All Your Investigative needs
Private Investigator Servicing Adrian, Akron, Allen Park, Alma, Almont, Alpena, Ann Arbor, Argentine, Armada, Atlas, Auburn Hills, Auburn, Au Gres, Bad Axe, Bancroft, Bay City, Beaverton, Berkley, Birch Run, Bloomfield Hills, Breckenridge, Bridgeport, Brown City, Burt, Burton, Byron, Cadillac, Canton, Capac, Caro, Carson City, Caseville, Cass City, Chesaning, Chesterfield, Clare, Clarkston, Clifford, Clinton, Clio, Cohoctah, Coleman, Columbiaville, Corunna, Davison, Dearborn, Detroit, Dewitt, Dryden, Durand, East Lansing, Elkton, Essexville, Fairgrove, Farmington, Fenton, Ferndale, Flint, Flushing, Fort Gratiot, Fowlerville, Frankenmuth, Garden City, Genesee, Gladwin, Goodrich, Grand Blanc, Grand Rapids, Gratiot, Grosse Pointe, Hartland, Hemlock, Higgins Lake, Highland, Holland, Holly, Houghton Lake, Howell, Huron, Imlay City, Ionia, Ithaca, Jackson, Kingston, Laingsburg, Lake Orion, Lansing, Lapeer, Leonard, Lincoln Park, Linden, Linwood, Livingston, Livonia, Macomb, Madison Heights, Marine City, Marlette, Mason, Mecosta, Metamora, Middleton, Midland, Milan, Milford, Millington, Montrose, Morrice, Mount Morris, Mount Pleasant, Muskegon, New Haven, New Lothrop, North Branch, Northville, Oakley, Oakland, Ortonville, Oscoda, Otisville, Ovid, Owosso, Oxford, Perry, Petoskey, Pigeon, Pinckney, Pinconning, Pontiac, Port Huron, Reese, Richmond, Rochester Hills, Romeo, Roscommon, Royal Oak, Ruth, Saginaw, Sandusky, Sanford, Shepherd, Southfield, South Lyon, Standish, St. Clair, St. Clair Shores, St. Johns, Swartz Creek, Tawas City, Traverse City, Tuscola, Ubly, Vassar, Warren, Washtenaw, Waterford, Webberville, West Bloomfield, Westland, White Lake, Yale, Ypsilanti, Genesee County, Oakland County, Tuscola County, Macomb County, Livingston County, Washtenaw County, Clinton County, Gratiot County, Gladwin County, Mecosta County, Oscoda County, Alpena County, Alcona County, Crawford County, Clare County, Ionia County, Shiawassee County, Huron County, Sanilac County, Kent County, Allegan County, Cheboygan County, Kalkaska County, Kalamazoo County, Osceola County, Isabella County and the entire state of Michigan. We also offer nationwide data services.
We are a fully licensed, bonded and insured Professional Investigation Agency servicing the entire state of Michigan. We offer nationwide data service and have a network of licensed investigators in all 50 states. We specialize in insurance fraud investigations and corporate investigations. We offer a variety of services tailored to your needs. Our services include pre-employment screening, background investigations, court records (civil/criminal), sex offender searches, domestic investigations such as cheating spouses/infidelity, child custody, skip traces, missing persons, asset searches including bank account searches, alive & well checks, neighborhood canvas, surveillance, executive protection and more.
We assist individuals, employers, law firms, insurance companies and corporations by offering a large variety of investigative services. We customize each investigation to your specific needs.
We are a full service investigation agency licensed in Michigan under Public Act 285 of 1965.
MI Professional Investigator Agency
Licensed & Insured
Clio, mi 48420, [email protected].
- Activity Checks
- Alive& Well Interviews
- Background Checks
- Domestic Investigations
- Fraud Investigations
- GPS Tracking
- Locate Missing Person
Let Us Help You!
If you're looking for answers, whether it be a Background Check, Locate a Missing Person, Child Custody, Cheating Spouse, Corporate Investigation, Insurance Fraud or Process Services, we can help......
Sometimes when you need to investigate something or someone, surveillance is needed. This helps paint a clearer picture of what is really going on. We use state of the art equipment including dash cams, HD covert..
We have been conducting fraud investigations since 2003 and specialize in Workers Compensation, Auto Accidents, Personal Injury and PMI investigations. We can help you try and limit your exposure......
We offer a wide variety of investigations such as Pre-Employment Screening, Background Checks, Corporate Investigations, Criminal Investigations, Internet Mining, Asset Searches, Skip Tracing..
- Show Spoilers
- Night Vision
- Sticky Header
- Highlight Links
Follow TV Tropes
YMMV / Phantom Investigators
- Accidental Aesop : "From Egypt, With Love" has one about not controlling your significant other in (or forcing someone into) a relationship, with Daemona telling Prince Ahkenamun that if he really loved Kira, he wouldn't be trying to control her mind so that she could leave with him.
- Alternative Character Interpretation : A number of fans who ship Daemona and Casey together have interpreted her behavior in "Were-Dog", where Casey has a crush on minor character Terri, as just wanting him to be happy with the girl he likes . They also point out how while Kira and Jericho were the ones encouraging Casey to talk to Terri the most, Daemona just had her "be your cute and smart, adorable self" line about it and nothing else (the line itself having possible Ship Tease in there as well).
- Awesome Art : As per the studio's usual following Loopy , the overall look of the show was very unique and made itself stand out among other Saturday morning cartoons at the time, and had some amazing designs for the show's supernatural creatures.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment : Wad crashing the party in "Birthday Presence". Only lasts for a few minutes before the gang kick him out and he isn't seen for the rest of the episode.
- To say nothing about how the team formed in the first place since the first episode is In Medias Res .
- Creepy Cute : Jericho's pet morphing sprite from the end of "The Year Of The Snake".
- Cult Classic : While not at the same levels as Life With Loopy (not helping that unlike its predecessor, Phantom Investigators didn't go into reruns in the United States), the show managed to gain a small yet dedicated fan following shortly after the series was uploaded in full to various cartoon streaming sites years after the show was cancelled.
- Professor Navarro tends to be affectionately nicknamed "Dad Friend" by the fans.
- Fan-Preferred Couple : While admittedly this show doesn't have that big a fanbase, some die hard fans ship Casey/Daemona. It doesn't hurt that she's called him adorable a couple of times and that unlike his canon crush , Daemona appears in all the episodes and is a well-rounded character. Similarly Jericho/Kira is well-liked for involving well-rounded characters that appear in all episodes.
- Several Phantom Investigators fans overlap with Sailor Moon fans as well, with some pointing out similarities between the PIs and the Inner Senshi.
- Girl-Show Ghetto : The reason why Kids WB screwed it over. The show was meant for a gender neutral audience and had an equal amount of male and female protagonists on the team, with one of the girls (Daemona) being the leader. The series co-creator, Stephen Holman, even confirmed that WB was happy seeing a female character as the leader as they wanted to gain more female viewers. But soon the show started slipping with male audiences while the number of female viewers grew. Afraid of losing their status as being number-one with young boys, Kids WB quickly cancelled the show.
- Harsher in Hindsight : At the end of "Omega Pizza Pi", Daemona brings up that one day, she and the gang should investigate Professor Navarro, foreshadowing what would eventually happen in the final episode . Unfortunately it ended up being the final episode that aired in the US ("The Year Of The Snake" was the final one produced that made it to air, but the episodes were aired Out of Order ).
- Heartwarming in Hindsight : Aleksander Kocev, who voiced Jericho, became a dad in 2018. His daughter's name? Kira.
- Stephen Holman was partially inspired to make the show after getting disappointed as a kid that the monsters in Scooby-Doo were always just people in suits and that the monsters weren't real. Around the same time Phantom Investigators started production and aired, Scooby-Doo began subverting itself in future series by making the monsters real.
- In "Ghosts on Film", Daemona is annoyed with her father's belief that corn is her favorite pizza topping because she eats it so often , telling him that "Corn isn't a pizza topping, not even in California." Flash forward to present day where Mod Pizza, a pizza chain founded in 2008 that allows patrons to pay a single price and then top their pizzas as desired, offers, among other exotic toppings, corn (admittedly roasted rather than the straight from the can variety Daemona and her father were probably both thinking of but still).
- The tool Daemona uses to identify threats is called the Specter-Detector. Initially, Danny Phantom was to be named Danny Phantom and the Specter Detectors before the initial premise was overhauled.
- In the Life With Loopy episode "Alternative Hamsters", Loopy walks by a ride called the "Ghost Train" while at the carnival. It ended up looking pretty similar to the Haunted Train ride in "Haunted Dreams".
- "From the creators of Life With Loopy !" (the common fan response to any moment in the show that gets especially dark )
- Misaimed Marketing : A set of four toys for the show were made for Carl's Jr. and Hardee's. However due to a timing error between Kids' WB and the restaurant chains, the toys were sold in January 2002. The show wouldn't premiere until May and Kids' WB had not begun advertising it yet, leaving kids who got the toys at the time confused as to what it was meant to be a tie-in for.
- Casey. He's shy, kindhearted, and considered adorable in-universe by Daemona.
- Kira and Jericho are pretty adorable as well.
- Narm Charm : In "The Fifth P.I.", Daemona's reaction to PsyJack's "deal" with the gang to have them face off against warriors from the NetherRealm was " 'Scusies!? Uh, how exactly is THAT fair? ". As cheesy as the line sounds , it's also perfectly in-character for her and still makes the scene work.
- One True Threesome : It's not really popular but there are fans who ship the Phantom Investigators team as a poly ship. Given that all members are very close, it's not totally out of left field.
- Periphery Demographic : Most of the fans are teenagers and young adults, most of which unable to see the show when they were in the target audience due to it's early cancellation but gained interest in it due to its premise, animation, and/or growing up watching Life With Loopy and wanting to see the studio's other works.
- Portmanteau Couple Name : The fans tend to use "Caemona" for Casey/Daemona and "Kiracho" for Jericho/Kira.
- Retroactive Recognition : Courtney Vineys, known for playing Dusa and Aphrodite in Hades , started voice acting playing Daemona.
- The Scrappy : Wad isn't well-liked among fans, due to being a comic relief with an irritating voice.
- Ship Mates : The same fans that ship Casey/Daemona tend to ship Jericho/Kira as well.
- Shocking Moments : All throughout "Secrets Exposed!", from Navarro being a vampire to Daemona contacting her grandma through the NetherRealm .
- In the same episode when Jinxie grabs dog!Casey to bring him to Muir Woods, a hand is visible controlling dog!Casey's puppet.
- Squick : Wad kissing Daemona on the lips in "Secrets Exposed!".
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character : Professor Navarro served as a great mentor figure toward the gang and turned out to be a pretty plot-important character by the end of the series , yet only appeared in five of the show's thirteen episodes and only had a major role in one.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot : Daemona having a way to contact her grandmother in the NetherRealm would have been amazing to see more of- too bad the show wasn't picked up for a second season.
- Ugly Cute : Jinxie.
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic : In "Skating the Plank", we're supposed to buy that Jericho is bullying his skating rival because he's snappy when insulted and isn't unhappy when there's a chance said rival won't be boarding in the competition. But said rival spent most of his scenes bragging about his skills and belittling Jericho so it's hard not to side with Jericho when he complains that his friends scolding him isn't fair. Mitigated by the fact that the two boys make peace at the end of the episode but this is still present since Jericho never gets an apology from his friends.
- Values Resonance : The show's main source of praise was that it had a female character as the leader of a gender-neutral team in a show aimed at a gender-neutral audience, something that was rare when the show aired in 2002 and while not as rare as it was, still isn't quite commonplace in animated shows. It's notable that this was not made as the show's main selling point, nor was this pointed out in the show itself.
- Vindicated by History : Due to the show being cancelled early , it failed to gather any attention back in 2002 (though critics did like it) and was nowhere to be found online (save for two episodes). After the complete series finally surfaced online in late 2016, the show began to gain a small but dedicated cult following.
- Visual Effects of Awesome : (W)Holesome Products really stepped up their game from Life With Loopy (which also had great stop motion animation, but also more budgetary and technical limitations), making Phantom Investigators one of their best looking projects so far in both animation and special effects.
- Casey. He's a shy, nervous kid who's generally very unsure of himself, and Word of God confirmed that he lives in a rough neighborhood, his single dad is so busy with his job that he barely has time to spend with him, and it's unknown what happened to his mom.
- Daemona in some episodes, such as "Omega Pizza Pi" when the debate team force her to do their chores in order to get a second chance at trying out (and then making fun of her for going through with it), and in "Secrets Exposed!" when it's shown that she still misses her grandma a lot, even if it's been a few years since she passed.
- Action Adventure
- Crime & Punishment
- Professional Wrestling
- Speculative Fiction
- Sports Story
- Animation (Western)
- Music And Sound Effects
- Print Media
- Sequential Art
- Tabletop Games
- Applied Phlebotinum
- Characters As Device
- Narrative Devices
- British Telly
- The Contributors
- Creator Speak
- Derivative Works
- Laws And Formulas
- Show Business
- Split Personality
- Truth And Lies
- Truth In Television
- Fate And Prophecy
- Edit Reasons
- Isolated Pages
- Images List
- Recent Videos
- Crowner Activity
- Un-typed Pages
- Recent Page Type Changes
- Trope Entry
- Character Sheet
- Playing With
- Creating New Redirects
- Cross Wicking
- Tips for Editing
- Text Formatting Rules
- Handling Spoilers
- Trope Repair Shop
- Image Pickin'
4604 n penngrove way, meridian id 83646.
Visit Our Office
The best private investigation services.
Know the Truth for Peace of Mind
We’re ready to help
Let’s Hire a Private Investigator
Offering private investigation services.