Danny Phantom (2003–2007)
Grey griffin: samantha 'sam' manson, sam manson, samantha "sam" manson, samantha manson, cheerleader, elastica, fran, geek boy, ghost gabber, ghost girl, girl #1, girl #2, kid, mother, sam, star, toddler, valerie, valerie grey, waitress, young son.
- Photos (14)
- Quotes (19)
Samantha "Sam" Manson : [not realizing yet that Danny's under a love spell] Wait, I know that look. That's that same, longing, puppy-dog stare you give Paulina.
Danny Fenton : Who's Paulina?
Samantha "Sam" Manson : Well, that's a pleasant side effect.
[Danny, Sam, and Tucker are at Nasty Burger]
Danny Fenton : Ahhh, Nasty Burger, our safe haven. Away from the worries of...
[Jazz bursts through the door]
Jazz Fenton : Danny, run!
Danny Fenton : Run? Why should I...
[everyone stares at the door, and soon after Jack and Maddie come in here in 80's clothes, with Jack looking like Flavor Flav and Maddie looking like 80's Madonna]
Jack Fenton , Maddie Fenton : Dude!
[everyone in the Nasty Burger gasps and starts laughing; Jazz and Sam are hiding, embarrassed]
Jazz Fenton : If anyone asks, I'm related to you.
Samantha "Sam" Manson : Okay, but you're gonna have to be a lot less cheery.
Tucker Foley : [Danny and Dragon Sam have destroyed the school dance] Man, I can't believe your date ditched you.
Danny Fenton : Where is Paulina anyway?
Samantha "Sam" Manson : [sees Paulina talking to Dash] Who cares? Look, the DJ is still playing and I think there's still time for one more dance.
[smiles at Danny]
Danny Fenton : [smiles at Sam] Sure, I'd love to.
[hands Tucker the amulet]
Danny Fenton : Hold on to this, will ya?
Samantha "Sam" Manson : [dancing with Danny] Promise me you'll keep your pants on?
Danny Fenton : I'll do my best.
Tucker Foley : Man, I'm dateless again! Man, what does a guy have to do to get hooked up around here?
Ghost Girl : I want to go to the ball!
Tucker Foley : On second thought, I'm not that desprete. Hey guys, can I cut in?
[the poem is closing with its last lines]
Danny Fenton : [narrating] And then I thought, maybe this is the moral. / In the same way my folks loved their old Christmas quarrel. / Everyone celebrates in the way of their choosing. / I was so busy whining, I started abusing / The ones I loved most and I ruined their cheer. /
Danny Fenton : I'll try to be better, come Christmas next year.
[thus ends the poem; Danny, Sam, Jazz and Tucker gather together at the last page which says "The End."]
Samantha "Sam" Manson : Um, nice sentiment, but what are you, a greeting card?
Tucker Foley : Yeah, why are you talking in rhyme?
Jazz Fenton : Such a dork.
Danny Fenton : [realizing] We're not talking in rhyme?
[starts getting jubliant]
Danny Fenton : We're not talking in rhyme!
[the book closes, and Ghost Writer is glad his new poem is finished. A cell mate inches close to him as he wants to look at the new book he has completed, but Ghost Writer turns away from him]
Walker : [greets him] Orange?
Ghost Writer : [scared] Aahh! Get that thing away from me!
[Sam is trying to distract Technus]
Samantha "Sam" Manson : Hi. I'm Sam. I don't believe I caught your name. I suggest you shout it out loud, along with your motive.
Technus : I am technus! Master of all things mechanical! Wizard of integrated soicuittry! And destroyer of woilds!
[Danny and Tucker are drooling over Paulina]
Samantha "Sam" Manson : Paulina? Please, girls like that are a dime a dozen.
Danny Fenton : [to Tucker] How much change you got?
Samantha "Sam" Manson : Very funny.
[Danny and Tucker are at his house, talking to Sam over the computer]
Samantha "Sam" Manson : I'm sure you boys will have a wonderful time.
[logs off the computer]
Danny Fenton : She really wants to go to the dance.
Tucker Foley : She said she didn't want to!
Danny Fenton : [over cell phone] Are you okay? We can stop by later if you want us too.
Samantha "Sam" Manson : [home sick in bed] No, that's okay. I'll be fine. Bye.
[She hangs up, then glares at the doctor, nurse and ambulance attendent standing at her bedside]
Samantha "Sam" Manson : You guys, it's just a cold!
Ambulance Attendent : [shocking himself with the pads] Clear!
Tucker Foley : [as Sam's staring daggers at Danny and Paulina, who are now a couple] You okay?
Samantha "Sam" Manson : Of course I am! Why would I not be okay? LOOK how HAPPY he is!
[punches a hole in a locker]
Skulker : [to Danny] I planned on simply capturing you and letting you live the rest of your life in a cage, but now, I will rest your pelt at the foot of my bed.
Samantha "Sam" Manson : Okay, that's just gross.
[Danny flies to the Jewish Manson home, hoping Sam won't put the blame on him for attacking Christmas]
Danny Fenton : [in joy] Sam!
Ghost Writer : Danny said.
Danny Fenton : [to Ghost Writer] Oh, for crying out loud!
Samantha "Sam" Manson : I know. Can't you see we're all under a cloud? / Every present we had, in the chimney up through it! / That might work for you, but that's not how we do it!
Ghost Writer : And Sam saw sad faces on Mom, Dad, and Granny, / So I typed on my keyboard that the blame was on Danny!
[Ghost Writer conrtols Sam by her anger]
Samantha "Sam" Manson : [angrily] You! You did this?
Danny Fenton : [shouts] Are you out of your mind?
Samantha "Sam" Manson : [shouts] You're the holiday scrooge! Do you think that I'm blind?
Ghost Writer : And Danny and Sam found themselves in a spat. / But before Dan could calm her, I soon realized that / A new threat was needed to cut through the noise; / And what better way than attack of the toys?
[Ghost Writer brings all the toys from each building to attack the town, then starts forming them together. Danny and Sam stop and go outside to look at this scenery; Danny turns into Danny Phantom to find out what's going on]
Ghost Writer : From all over the town, the toys started to merge! / I'm really quite weakened when I get the urge! / On this night before Christmas, a brand new attacker! / And now, face the wrath of my monster nutcracker!
[the controlled toys form a giant Nutcracker, which comes to life and attacks]
Danny Phantom : [surprised] Aw, nuts!
[he starts running away from the monster]
Ghost Writer : Danny cried, as he started to run. /
Ghost Writer : Must we end every scene with a terrible pun?
Tucker Foley : [notices the haunted TV remote bought at Danny's garage sale is floating] I'm not schooled in the ways of the rich, but do all your remotes do that?
Samantha "Sam" Manson : No. Well, my toaster does, but it's from Denmark.
Samantha "Sam" Manson : [trying to stop Danny's parents from cheaking on him while he's fighting a ghost upstairs] Danny's upstairs.
[crash is heard upstairs]
Samantha "Sam" Manson : Uh, lifting weights?
Maddie Fenton : [after hearing another crash] He doesn't have exercise equipment up there.
Danny Fenton : [another crash] My computer! Oh, wait that's Jazz's.
Tucker Foley : Wait, you guys kissed?
Danny Fenton , Samantha "Sam" Manson : No! It was a fake-out make-out!
Tucker Foley : But that still has the words "make" and "out" in it, right?
Samantha "Sam" Manson : [while Tucker's using his PDA to goof around with Skulker's technology] Stop fooling around, Tucker!
Danny Fenton : Power him down, already! Now!
Tucker Foley : Relax. Everything's totally under
[Skulker destroys his PDA with an arrow]
Tucker Foley : control... Oh, man! I had four more payments on this one.
Samantha "Sam" Manson : Sorry about that stupid fight. Can we forget it ever happened?
Danny Fenton : [quoting Desiree's catchphrase] So you wish it, so shall it be.
[they both blush]
Tucker Foley : Hey, I'm right here.
Samantha "Sam" Manson : [to Danny] You don't feel that way about me and I don't feel that way about you.
Danny Fenton : So why are you still holding my hands?
Samantha "Sam" Manson : Goths don't sweat. We simmer.
Danny Fenton : Sam, hide!
Samantha "Sam" Manson : No time!
[pushes Danny into the bushes]
Valerie Gray : No escaping me now, ghost boy!
[sees Danny and Sam kissing]
Samantha "Sam" Manson : Aaah! Do you mind?
Valerie Gray : Ah, gross, loser love! I always knew you two geeks would end up together.
Samantha "Sam" Manson : That sounded like Valerie.
[looks at Danny, who is smiling]
Samantha "Sam" Manson : Uh, Danny? Danny? You didn't think it was a real kiss, did you?
Danny Fenton : [nervously] No! Why? Did you?
Release Dates | Official Sites | Company Credits | Filming & Production | Technical Specs
- Full Cast and Crew
- Release Dates
- Official Sites
- Company Credits
- Filming & Production
- Technical Specs
- Plot Summary
- Plot Keywords
- Parents Guide
Did You Know?
- Crazy Credits
- Alternate Versions
Photo & Video
- Photo Gallery
- Trailers and Videos
- User Reviews
- User Ratings
- External Reviews
- Metacritic Reviews
- Episode List
- External Sites
Related lists from IMDb users
Danny Phantom/Season 2
Danny Phantom Season 2
- 1 Memory Blank [2.1]
- 2 Doctor's Disorders [2.2]
- 3 Pirate Radio [2.3]
- 4 Reign Storm [2.4-5]
- 5 Identity Crisis [2.6]
- 6 The Fenton Menace [2.7]
- 7 The Ultimate Enemy [2.8-9]
- 8 The Fright Before Christmas [2.10]
- 9 Secret Weapons [2.11]
- 10 Flirting With Disaster [2.12]
- 11 Micro Management [2.13]
- 12 Beauty Marked [2.14]
- 13 King Tuck [2.15]
- 14 Masters Of All Time [2.16]
- 15 Kindred Spirits [2.17]
- 16 Double Cross My Heart [2.18]
- 17 Reality Trip [2.19-20]
- 18 External links
Memory Blank [2.1] [ edit ]
Doctor's disorders [2.2] [ edit ], pirate radio [2.3] [ edit ], reign storm [2.4-5] [ edit ], identity crisis [2.6] [ edit ], the fenton menace [2.7] [ edit ], the ultimate enemy [2.8-9] [ edit ], the fright before christmas [2.10] [ edit ], secret weapons [2.11] [ edit ], flirting with disaster [2.12] [ edit ], micro management [2.13] [ edit ], beauty marked [2.14] [ edit ], king tuck [2.15] [ edit ], masters of all time [2.16] [ edit ], kindred spirits [2.17] [ edit ], double cross my heart [2.18] [ edit ], reality trip [2.19-20] [ edit ], external links [ edit ].
- Danny Phantom/Season 2 on IMDb
- Danny Phantom seasons
- Danny Phantom
- Children's television seasons
- View history
This category contains the pages of quotes for characters.
All items (2)
- Danny Phantom (character)/Quotes
- Vlad Plasmius/Quotes
Danny phantom's 5 wittiest (& 5 corniest) comebacks.
On the Nickelodeon cartoon show, Danny Phantom always had a one-liner ready to throw at his enemies. Some jabs were clever, others were totally corny.
Premiering in 2004 and concluding in 2007, Danny Phantom is a classic and beloved cartoon that ran on Nickelodeon . The show followed the life of Danny Fenton, who possessed ghost powers and did his best to protect his hometown of Amity Park from incoming ghosts alongside his two best friends, Tucker and Sam. Danny was a witty and sarcastic character in his own right.
RELATED: 10 TV Shows From The 2000s That Need Revivals
Fans recognize Danny for more than just his ghost powers, his awkward teen moments, and his blossoming relationship with his best friend, Sam. He usually had something corny or witty to say, especially when it came to battling his foes.
Wittiest: "Well Gang, There's Good News And Bad News. The Good News? My Powers Are Back. The Bad News? My Powers Are BACK!"
In the series' final episode, "Phantom Planet," Danny, feeling useless given Vlad's new ghost fighting team, decides to give up his powers, much to the disappointment of those around him. He begins to regret giving up his powers, especially when the world becomes endangered thanks to an oncoming asteroid.
Luckily, Danny gets his mojo back in time to save the world when his old ghost foes decide to attack. By doing so, they unintentionally restore Danny's powers. This quote is more witty than corny because Danny and co. all unite to successfully save the Earth, and by extension, the Ghost Zone.
Corniest: "Tea? Oh, Good Idea! Coffee Could Make Ya A Mite Jittery. Better Yet...Have Some Punch!"
In "Parental Bonding," Danny gets to attend a dance with his crush, Paulina, but it's not exactly the night he had in mind. He had previously given her an amulet that turns the wearer into a ghost dragon when they're angry, and Danny has to fight the dragon on a few occasions.
One such instance occurred when Paulina was angry about not being able to get the newest shirt in fashion. With Paulina, aka the dragon, exclaiming "Must have tee!", Danny hilariously misinterprets the "tee" she's referring to and uses this corny quote.
Wittiest: "Minutes, Seconds. You Know How Bad I Can Be At Math."
"Maternal Instinct" finds Danny and his mom stranded in the woods until they come across Vlad. Turns out, that's no coincidence. When Vlad's plan to win over Danny's mother fails, he doesn't take it well, and Danny ends up losing his powers thanks to a device of Vlad's.
RELATED: Nickelodeon: 5 Best Original Movies (& 5 You Totally Forgot About)
Vlad taunts Danny regarding his grades and gives him only seconds to run from his "minions" when he'd promised more of a head start. Jumping the gun, Vlad jokingly acknowledges that he's bad at math too. The funny thing is, Danny uses Vlad's taunting words later on and turns them around on his archenemy, threatening Vlad and pretty much telling him that he wasn't planning on giving Vlad an actual head start, just as Vlad had done to him.
Corniest: "Somebody Call For An Exterminator?"
In "My Brother's Keeper," Danny and his classmates suffer terrible sadness after visiting the new school guidance counselor, Ms. Spectra. Turns out, she's a ghost that feeds on the misery of teenagers to keep herself looking young and beautiful, alongside her assistant, Bertrand.
In one fight, Danny goes up against Bertrand, who's transformed himself into a ghost bug and attacks the school. The corny quote above hilariously matched the situation at hand, albeit it was also obviously there for the taking.
Wittiest: "Then Pretend That Didn't Hurt!"
Johnny 13 was never Danny's favorite ghost, especially since Johnny tried to use Danny's sister Jazz as a host for his girlfriend Kitty the first time Danny came across the motorcycle-riding bad boy.
However, the two unite in order to get Kitty to go back to Johnny after she's possessed a girl in Danny's school and dates Danny to make Johnny jealous. Danny and Johnny stage a fight in front of her, and Danny says this quote when Johnny complains that it was only supposed to be a pretend fight.
Wittiest: "You're Right, Dash. Let's Follow The Other Kid Who Comes From A Family Of Ghost Hunters And Knows How To Work All Their Gear."
Not many have the opportunity to show up their bullies in front of the whole school, but Danny seized the moment perfectly in "Pirate Radio." Dash isn't so keen to follow Danny's lead in his plan to retrieve their parents from Youngblood and Ember, and Danny's comeback is the ultimate burn.
RELATED: Nickelodeon: 10 Big Celebrities You Forgot Starred In The Channel's Shows
Danny knew what to say and truly proved himself as a leader in this Season 2 episode.
Corniest: "Hey, No-Hit Wonder! Mind If I Jam With The Band?"
Ember is one of the most memorable villains to come out of the Nickelodeon cartoon , given her attitude and catchy songs. She makes her first appearance in "Fanning the Flames," and manages to mess with Danny and Sam severely by putting a love spell on the former. This does not bode well for her, as once the spell is broken, Danny comes after her with a vengeance, exclaiming this corny insult, alongside others.
Wittiest: "The Only Thing I'm Begging For Is For You To Try Some Mouthwash!"
Walker is an old-timey but formidable warden of the Ghost Zone, similar to a Clint Eastwood character in a Western movie. He has his host of goons and a grudge against Danny.
In "Public Enemies," Walker creates a mess of trouble for Danny as he and his goons take over Amity Park and make Danny look like the bad guy. Still, Danny finds time to insult Walker with this quote in response to Walker insisting that Danny would be racing for the Ghost Zone after Walker was finished with his hometown.
Corniest: "Hey Vortex! Today's Forecast? Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Pain!"
Sometimes the corny quips are there for the picking. Such is the case with this particular quote from "Torrent of Terror." When villainous Vortex, whose powers cover all things weather, is brought to Amity Park by Vlad as part of a plan, things get out of control and he leaves the world in danger with a loose Vortex.
RELATED: Disney & Nickelodeon: 5 Couples That Could Work (& 5 That Would Be A Disaster)
Danny's initial attempt to stop the villain ends in Danny accidentally gaining some of Vortex's power, which proves helpful in the next battle, and in which Danny hilariously uses this quote and defeats the raging supervillain.
Wittiest: "Oh Yeah, You And What Toaster?"
This is undoubtedly one of Danny's most beloved comebacks. It's definitely a unique, witty, and slightly corny answer to his sister's exclamation of "You're toast!" Forced to duel his sister by none other than Vlad Plasmius in "Secret Weapons", Danny and Jazz wind faking the entire thing and fooling Vlad. That's not necessarily hard to do, but Danny and Jazz not only managed to outwit him, they also made up regarding their fight earlier on in the episode. In this equation, Vlad was pretty much, well, the toast.
NEXT: 15 Best Episodes Of Danny Phantom
Danny Phantom: 20 Things About Sam Only Danny Would Know
Sam is one of Danny Phantom's closest friends. Here are some of the things that make her who she is.
You can’t have Danny Phantom without having Sam Manson, his best friend and eventual girlfriend. Sam is a very popular character in this cartoon series, and it’s for a good reason. She’s awesome!
Sam is a girl who dresses in the goth style, loves animals and protests things, hates conforming to anything popular, and regularly kicks ghost behind. While she may not have any supernatural powers like Danny, you still don’t want to mess with her. She will take you down.
I also like the fact that Sam was pretty unapologetic about the things she liked. She didn’t care if people thought she was weird. She didn’t care if her music and movie tastes were considered weird. And she didn’t care if people thought she was crazy for protesting for animal rights. Sam did what she thought was right and she liked what she liked. And if you didn’t like that about her, you could go jump off a cliff for all she cared. That kind of self-confidence is pretty admirable.
But while Sam appears to not care what people know about her, there are a lot of things she tends to keep to herself. She’s not the most open of people, so it makes sense that she would have quite a few interesting facts and secrets about her that not many of the other characters, or even fans of the show, would know.
So here are 20 interesting facts and secrets about Sam that not many people know. Think we missed some good secrets? Make sure to let us know in the comments section below!
20 She’s A Master Of Tongues
Considering Sam is pretty smart, it’s not that surprising that she knows another language besides English. But did you know that Sam speaks Esperanto, Wulf’s language? Both she and Danny learned it in case they ever met Wulf again. That’s not an easy language to learn, so kudos to them.
Sam also apparently has some knowledge of French, Italian, and Japanese. While we don’t know if she’s fluent in them, she at least knows some of those languages. So, she probably has the most language skills out of the trio. It wouldn’t surprise me if she learned different languages for fun. That, and her parents probably encouraged it.
19 They Were Almost Psychic
It’s no secret that Sam and Danny are very close. They’ve been friends for forever and have gotten to the point where they know each other very well. But did you know that their connection was going to be supernatural?
The creators had the idea that Sam and Danny were going to have a psychic connection that would let them know where the other person was. But this idea got taken out right before the premiere since Danny already had ghost powers and Sam had other attributes and talents. But the two are shown to have a rather special connection throughout the series, so maybe it’s not as far-fetched as you think.
18 She Knows Her Artifacts
It may come with the territory of being a goth, but Sam has quite the knowledge of anything occult in nature. And she’s pretty knowledgeable about dark and evil artifacts. What probably sets her apart though is that she uses this knowledge to help Danny out pretty often.
In fact, without Sam’s knowledge, there are a few ghosts Danny wouldn’t have been able to defeat. It’s thanks to her knowledge of dark artifacts that Danny was able to defeat Fright Knight and The Box Ghost. It just goes to show that knowledge is power, and that you really should know your enemy.
17 Appearances Can Be Deceiving
Despite Sam’s look and interests being very much your stereotypical goth teenager, she doesn’t really act like your typical goth. Most teenagers that are goth usually have a more depressed and apathetic air to them. But Sam is not so much that.
Sam's not that apathetic or depressing.
While yes, Sam can be cynical and sarcastic, she’s also passionate about things like animal rights. She’s definitely not apathetic about the things she cares about, and she’ll go to great lengths to prove her point. She’s also probably the person who believes in Danny the most, and she’s happy that Danny became a hero. It just shows that you can’t judge a book by its cover.
16 She Can Be A Bit Much
Because Sam does care deeply for things like animal rights, human rights, etc., she can get pretty into it. But Sam isn’t perfect, and one of her flaws is that she can be a little hypocritical sometimes. She also tends to force her ideas on other people, expecting them to just go along with her ideas, despite her claims that individuality is important.
As a result, she can annoy Danny and Tucker to no end. But when push comes to shove, Sam is always there for Danny and is willing to do what it takes to protect him and help him. And I think that’s pretty cool.
15 Her Background Is A Bit Different
Most cartoons don’t talk much about religion, and I don’t blame them. Religion can be a touchy subject, so it’s often easier to just avoid the topic all together. And while Danny Phantom doesn’t go into much about religion either, it does make it known that Sam’s family is Jewish.
It was first hinted when Sam’s grandma calls her “bubeleh,” which is a Yiddish term of endearment. And it was then confirmed in the Christmas special. I think having one of the characters coming from some type of religious background is a cool idea. While we don’t know if Sam is a practicing Jew, the fact that she comes from that history is pretty awesome.
14 She Likes Samurais More Than You Think
Sam’s tastes in films are a bit varied. As you’d figure, she does love horror and monster films (her favorite monsters are Femalien, Terminatra, and Nightmerica). But did you know that she also has a thing for samurai movies? She’s a fan in particular of Akira Kurosawa’s samurai films.
Sam does enjoy various forms of Japanese anime and entertainment.
And it’s not just samurai movies; it’s been hinted that Sam does enjoy various forms of Japanese anime and entertainment. So, it looks like Sam may be an otaku. She doesn’t seem to be very open about that, so it may be a guilty pleasure for her. Be proud of what you like, Sam!
13 These Three Are Friends Forever
Since Sam is one of the main characters, it would make sense that she’s in the show a lot. Since Danny, Sam, and Tucker are practically inseparable, you see the three going pretty much everywhere together. But did you know that Sam has been in nearly every episode of Danny Phantom ?
In fact, both Sam and Tucker have been in every episode of the show except for one: “Bitter Reunions.” Since this episode is the one where Danny’s family goes to visit Vlad, it does make sense that Sam and Tucker aren’t in it. That’s still a pretty impressive record. These three are definitely friends for life.
12 She’s Got Great Music Taste
Sam’s music taste is probably what you’d expect from a teen goth. She likes punk, metal, and techno/electronica music. (The techno is a bit of a surprise.) It would make sense that Sam likes the hard rock type of music since that seems to fit her personality pretty well.
But did you know that she’s also into 70s and 80s punk rock? Apparently, she has a whole vinyl record collection of various punk-rock bands from the 70s and 80s. This isn’t too surprising since Sam likes punk rock in general. But that’s still pretty cool that she has vinyl records. Love whatever music you want, girl!
11 Yep, That’s Her House
Looking at Sam and the way she acts, you’d think she came from a fairly average economic background. There’s nothing about her that says she’s anything beyond average, and she certainly doesn’t act like any of the other rich kids in the school. But did you know that Sam’s family is actually loaded?
Sam comes from a seriously wealthy background.
Yep, Sam’s parents are super rich and Sam comes from a seriously wealthy background. And she keeps this a secret from pretty much everybody except Danny and Tucker. Her reasoning is she doesn’t want people to try to pretend to be her friend just because she’s wealthy. I can understand that. You do you, Sam.
10 This Love Was A Long Time Coming
It’s no secret that Sam and Danny have romantic feelings for each other, and I’m sure everyone cheered when they finally got together in the end. But what you may not know is that Sam had a crush on Danny for a long time.
But why didn’t she act on it? It was partially that she was in denial of her feelings, and there was the fact that Danny very obviously had a crush on Paulina. She was also afraid to tell Danny of her feelings. But she’s shown to be jealous of Danny when he gets attention from other girls. So, it’s doubly awesome that these two lovebirds finally get together.
9 Yes, This Actually Happened
Despite the fact that Sam and Danny obviously have feelings for each other, the two have had other romantic interests. Danny crushed on Paulina for forever, and Sam had a thing with the womanizing Elliot. But did you know that Sam and Tucker have kissed?
It wasn’t really a romantic kiss. When Sam and Tucker were assigned to take care of a flour baby, Tucker got way into the role of the “working dad” and then gave Sam a quick kiss goodbye. What’s hilarious is right after, the two are both stunned by what just happened and then they both agree to never speak of it again. Though I’m sure there are fans who ship it.
8 One of These Things Is Not Like The Others
Sam and the words “beauty pageant” feel like they would never go together in a million years, and yet Sam does wind up being in a teen beauty pageant. She did do this out of protest to show how stupid pageant are, and the whole pageant winds up being this trap for a ghost to find his bride, but still.
It is kind of funny that Sam ends up winning in the end.
It is kind of funny that Sam ends up winning in the end, even though she showed that she couldn’t care less about it. (It was an accident, but it’s still pretty funny.) As someone who’s not that fond of beauty pageants, I can understand Sam’s disgust for them.
7 And We’ll Never Be Royals
Throughout the series, Sam has been transformed into a few different things. For example, she got possessed by a plant ghost, and at some point, she turned into a dragon. But did you know that she almost became a ghost princess?
As a result of winning a beauty pageant that was organized by a ghost, Sam gets taken away to the Ghost Zone where she’s meant to become the bride of Prince Aragon. Sam, of course, is not happy about this, and she manages to get out of there with Danny and Tucker’s help. But yeah, Sam almost became ghost royalty. That would’ve been pretty cool if Prince Aragon wasn’t such a jerk.
6 That’s Some Mad Skills
While Sam may not have any supernatural powers like Danny does, she’s still got some tricks up her sleeves. And one of them is her surprisingly vast knowledge of Fenton weaponry. Sam knows how to work most of the Fenton’s crazy weapons and does it with ease.
It does kind of make sense since Sam and Danny have pretty much grown up together. Sam would be around Danny’s family a lot and would be familiar with the Fenton’s equipment. Still, it’s seriously impressive that this goth girl can tote around one of those crazy guns and think nothing of it. You go, girl!
5 A Room Can Say A Lot
We know that Sam is into things like horror movies and punk rock music. But do we know any specific movies or bands that she likes? Well, according to her room, Sam is actually a fan of A Clockwork Orange and Nine Inch Nails.
It’s pretty cool that the show included a reference to some actual movies and bands.
If you look around Sam’s room, you’ll find posters of the movie A Clockwork Orange and the band Nine Inch Nails, as well as the German industrial band Einstürzende Neubauten. It’s not that surprising that Sam would like these types of movies and bands, but it’s pretty cool that the show included a reference to some actual movies and bands. Nicely done!
4 What’s In A Name?
Danny Phantom got popular enough that it got dubbed in a few different languages, including Spanish, and Chinese. It’s in the Chinese version that we get an interesting fact about our favorite goth girl, Sam.
In English, Sam’s name is pretty straightforward. (Though apparently in Hebrew, it means “God Heard,” and in Greek it may mean “flower.”) But in the Chinese Dub, Sam’s name is changed to Xiao Shan. This translates to “little coral.” It’s an interesting choice, since I wouldn’t really associate Sam with anything little; that girl has a pretty big personality. But it’s still pretty cool. No matter what she’s called, she’s still an awesome person!
3 This Girl Is No Grinch
While Sam isn’t as apathetic as most goth teens, she can be pretty gloomy unless she’s talking about something that’s important to her. Her cynical nature makes her a pretty snarky and slightly bitter character. But she isn’t always gloom and doom. And the best time to find her in a good mood is during December.
Apparently, Sam loves the winter holidays. So, in December, she’s the happiest person. It’s kind of funny, considering Danny becomes the guy who’s a grinch about the holidays, so we’ve got a bit of a role reversal going on here. But if you want to see Sam really happy, try to catch her sometime in December.
2 She Made This Happen
The logo on Danny Phantom’s jumpsuit has become pretty iconic. The “D” looks pretty awesome and it’s just so fitting. But did you know that Sam was partially responsible for that? When she went back in time to ensure Danny becomes Danny Phantom, she changes the logo on the outfit from his parent’s weird logo to the logo we know and love.
Danny may not have ever been Danny Phantom without Sam.
And if you think about it, Sam was partially responsible for Danny becoming Danny Phantom. The first time, she was there with Tucker when the accident happens. And when she went back to fix things after a wish went wrong, she recreated the accident to give Danny his ghost powers. So, Danny may not have ever been Danny Phantom without Sam.
1 She’s All About The Animals
It’s no secret that Sam likes all of the animals. She’s a big animal rights activist, and she’s a proud vegetarian. Animals are very important to this goth girl. But are there any specific animals that she loves? Well, the truth is Sam happens to love cats.
Sam herself has said that she is a cat person when she, Danny and tucker are trying to deal with Kujo the ghost dog. Though if I had to deal with a crazy ghost dog that was causing rampant destruction, I’d probably be a cat person too. I could see Sam getting this little black kitten. She would adore it and she’d probably freak her parents out even more.
- Post Your Quote
- Famous Authors & People
- Member Authors
- Movie & TV
- Make a Meme
- Danny Phantom Quotes
Other TV Shows from same year
- The Price is Right
- Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!
- The Chaser's War On Everything
- Terminator - The Sarah Connor Chronicles
- A Bit Of Fry And Laurie
- The Addams Family
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Quantum Leap
- Are You Being Served?
- Spartacus - Blood and Sand
(Article is below...)
- Funny Quotes
Danny Phantom Quotes
Danny Phantom is a Action and Adventure, Fantasy, Science Fiction that debuted in 2004 on Nickelodeon. Danny Phantom stopped airing in 2007.
Danny Phantom lasted 3 seasons and 53 episodes. It features Bob Boyle (animator) as producer, David Kaufman (actor) doing voices, Guy Moon and Butch Hartman as theme composer, and Guy Moon as composer. Danny Phantom is executive produced by Butch Hartman. Danny Phantom is created by Butch Hartman.
Each episode of Danny Phantom is 22 minutes long. Danny Phantom is produced by Billionfold Inc. and distributed by Viacom International (International).
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "Stop fooling around, Tucker."
- (Danny Fenton) "Power him down, already. Now."
- (Tucker Foley) "Relax. Everything's totally under"
- (Tucker Foley) "control -- Oh, man. I had four more payments on this one."
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "You don't feel that way about me and I don't feel that way about you."
- (Danny Fenton) "So why are you still holding my hands?"
- (Vice Principal Lancer) "Great Gatsby."
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "Wait, I know that look. That's that same, longing, puppy-dog stare you give Paulina."
- (Danny Fenton) "Who's Paulina?"
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "Well, that's a pleasant side effect."
- (Youngblood) "Ha. You said booty."
- (Danny Fenton) "Did you see the way all those ghost hunters were laughing at him? How embarrassing. We're gonna have to live with my dad's goof-ups for the rest of our lives."
- (Danny Fenton) "He's standing right behind me, isn't he?"
- (Danny Fenton) "Mom? Dad? Jazz? Anyone?"
- (Jack Fenton) "Nobody trespasses on Jack Fenton's property."
- (Danny Fenton) "Dad, relax."
- (Jack Fenton) "Dad? I don't have a son; I'm single. Bitterly, bitterly single."
- (Danny Fenton) "You are?"
- (Danny Fenton) "Jeez, that explains -- almost everything."
- (Jack Fenton) "What?"
- (Danny Fenton) "Nothing."
- (Danny Fenton) "Uh, is that ecto-acne?"
- (Jack Fenton) "It's a condition -- that you shouldn't know about."
- (Jack Fenton) "How do you know about ecto-acne? Talk."
- (Danny Fenton) "I'm your son. I know all about the accident in Wisconsin -- that shouldn't have happened."
- (Jack Fenton) "Oh, it happened, all right."
- (Jack Fenton) "And my life went straight down the flusher from that day on."
- (Jazz Fenton) "Wow. Isn't this great? We just caught three ghosts tonight."
- (Danny Fenton) "No, actually, you've just caught one ghost, three times, all of them me."
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "Sorry about that stupid fight. Can we forget it ever happened?"
- (Danny Fenton) "So you wish it, so shall it be."
- (Tucker Foley) "Hey, I'm right here."
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "Danny's upstairs."
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "Uh, lifting weights?"
- (Maddie Fenton) "He doesn't have exercise equipment up there."
- (Danny Fenton) "My computer. Oh, wait that's Jazz's."
- (Danny Fenton) "Sam."
- (Ghost Writer) "Danny said."
- (Danny Fenton) "Oh, for crying out loud."
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "I know. Can't you see we're all under a cloud? / Every present we had, in the chimney up through it. / That might work for you, but that's not how we do it."
- (Ghost Writer) "And Sam saw sad faces on Mom, Dad, and Granny, / So I typed on my keyboard that the blame was on Danny."
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "You. You did this?"
- (Danny Fenton) "Are you out of your mind?"
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "You're the holiday scrooge. Do you think that I'm blind?"
- (Ghost Writer) "And Danny and Sam found themselves in a spat. / But before Dan could calm her, I soon realized that / A new threat was needed to cut through the noise; / And what better way than attack of the toys?"
- (Ghost Writer) "From all over the town, the toys started to merge. / I'm really quite weakened when I get the urge. / On this night before Christmas, a brand new attacker. / And now, face the wrath of my monster nutcracker."
- (Danny Phantom) "Aw, nuts."
- (Ghost Writer) "Danny cried, as he started to run. /"
- (Ghost Writer) "Must we end every scene with a terrible pun?"
- (Danny Fenton) "If I pass out, I give you permission to not resuscitate me."
- (Danny Fenton) "Sam. You snuck out to see me. Oh, this is just like Romeo and Juliet, except I'm the one on the balcony and I can understand everything we're saying."
- (Vlad Masters) "I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave, molecule by molecule."
- (Maddie Fenton) "There's only one place that treats ecto-acne."
- (Danny Fenton) "Please say "hospital", please say "hospital"."
- (Danny Fenton) "Why didn't she just say "hospital"?"
- (Danny Fenton) "Here you go mom. Dad left it at home so uhh -- the mosquitoes wouldn't get it."
- (Jack Fenton) "That's right."
- (Jack Fenton) "Good work son. You'll get a raise in your allowance for this."
- (Danny Fenton) "I get an allowance?"
- (Danny Fenton) "Are you okay? We can stop by later if you want us too."
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "No, that's okay. I'll be fine. Bye."
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "You guys, it's just a cold."
- (Unnamed) "Clear."
- (Skulker) "I planned on simply capturing you and letting you live the rest of your life in a cage, but now, I will rest your pelt at the foot of my bed."
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "Okay, that's just gross."
- (Danny Fenton) "Wait, it's me, Danny, your son."
- (Jack Plasmius) "Lies. I do not have a son. And even if I did, I certainly wouldn't name him Danny. That's dumb."
- (Danny Fenton) "Okay, I don't want to do this in front of you, but -- Going ghost."
- (Jack Plasmius) "You're a ghost? I hate ghosts."
- (Jack Plasmius) "And if it wasn't for ghosts, I wouldn't have lost the love of my life."
- (Danny Fenton) "I didn't destroy the past -- I destroyed the present."
- (Tucker Foley) "Wait, you guys kissed?"
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "No. It was a fake-out make-out."
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "Paulina? Please, girls like that are a dime a dozen."
- (Danny Fenton) "How much change you got?"
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "Very funny."
- (Jazz Fenton) "Spike, you need to open up to your parents. Be true to yourself and them. Just tell them how you feel. I mean, it's not like they're going to attack you or anything --"
- (Jack Fenton) "We got her. And the Fenton Grappler is working like a charm."
- (Maddie Fenton) "I don't understand. If Jazz is a ghost, then why hasn't she phased through the net?"
- (Jazz Fenton) "Because I am not a ghost."
- (Jazz Fenton) "You've ambushed me, suffocated me with smoke, and worse, you pulled me away from Spike before he had his breakthrough. What do you have to say for yourselves?"
- (Jack Fenton) "Eat hot Fenton Thermos, ghost gal."
- (Jack Fenton) "Darn thing still doesn't work."
- (Danny Fenton) "How is it that I have ghost powers, but YOU'RE the weird kid?"
- (Freakshow) "Au contraire. That's French for "I bet this hurts"."
- (Unnamed) "Ghost directly ahead. You would have to be some sort of moron to not notice the ghost directly ahead."
- (Maddie Masters) "Jack."
- (Jack Fenton) "No -- It's all right, Maddie -- Just remember -- what could have been --"
- (Maddie Masters) "You despicable, lying piece of -- cheese. I've wasted the best years of my life with you."
- (Vlad Masters) "Now, Maddie, I may be a lying piece of cheese, but I'm still your husband."
- (Maddie Masters) "Consider this an annulment."
- (Vlad Masters) "Why, hello there. Did I ever tell you that I love ghosts?"
- (Jazz Fenton) "By the way Danny, just so you know, I'm onto your little secret."
- (Danny Fenton) "What secret?"
- (Jazz Fenton) "The clumsiness, the nervousness -- I can't beleive I didn't figure it out before. You have a girlfriend."
- (Danny Fenton) "It's a lie, I'm not a ghost. I mean, she's not my girlfriend. She's just going to the dance with me."
- (Jack Fenton) "Great, I can meet her and talk to her about ghosts."
- (Jazz Fenton) "You better let her know your family's insane now, Danny. If you marry her, and she finds out later, that's entrapment."
- (Tucker Foley) "I'm not schooled in the ways of the rich, but do all your remotes do that?"
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "No. Well, my toaster does, but it's from Denmark."
- (Danny Fenton) "And then I thought, maybe this is the moral. / In the same way my folks loved their old Christmas quarrel. / Everyone celebrates in the way of their choosing. / I was so busy whining, I started abusing / The ones I loved most and I ruined their cheer. /"
- (Danny Fenton) "I'll try to be better, come Christmas next year."
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "Um, nice sentiment, but what are you, a greeting card?"
- (Tucker Foley) "Yeah, why are you talking in rhyme?"
- (Jazz Fenton) "Such a dork."
- (Danny Fenton) "We're not talking in rhyme?"
- (Danny Fenton) "We're not talking in rhyme."
- (Walker) "Orange?"
- (Ghost Writer) "Aahh. Get that thing away from me."
- (Danny Fenton) "Not getting invited to a party is one thing, but not getting invited to a party at my own house?"
- (Paulina) "Danny, you never said whether or not you were coming to my quincenera on Friday."
- (Danny Fenton) "That's because when you invited me, I thought you were joking."
- (Danny Fenton) "Great, everyone who hates me is sitting on table, just like in high school."
- (Tucker Foley) "You okay?"
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "Of course I am. Why would I not be okay? LOOK how HAPPY he is."
- (Danny Phantom) "Oops. Uh, Sorry, man, it was a total accident."
- (Ghost Writer) "Oops?"
- (Ghost Writer) "Oops? Do you have any idea what you've done?"
- (Danny Phantom) "Well -- not really, uh, hence the "accident" part."
- (Ghost Writer) "You've destroyed my greatest work. And that was my only copy."
- (Danny Phantom) "The Fright Before Christmas? I destroyed a Christmas poem? Awesome."
- (Ghost Writer) "What?"
- (Danny Phantom) "Dude, I am sick of Christmas. I came to the Ghost Zone to get away from it. I might not have meant to destroy your stupid book, but that doesn't mean I'm not okay with it."
- (Danny Fenton) "Skulker and Technus? Together?"
- (Tucker Foley) "Is that an eww, or a yikes?"
- (Danny Fenton) "Definitely a yikes."
- (Vlad Masters) "I knew you'd come through, Daniel. All it took was the proper motivation. Of course, I'm still weak beyond measure, so -- bygones?"
- (Danny Phantom) "Bygones."
- (Tucker Foley) "Dude, you can't blame yourself for this. It's not your fault."
- (Danny Fenton) "Maybe not. But it is my responsibility."
- (Danny Fenton) "I can explain."
- (Danny Fenton) "Actually, I really can't."
- (Danny Fenton) "I know I should be concerned, and I will be -- right after the party."
- (Ghost Writer) "On the day before Christmas, in Amity Park, / Almost all there were cheery, yet one soul was dark."
- (Danny Fenton) "Hey, that voice? It's the ghost whose book I destroyed. /"
- (Danny Fenton) "Wait. I'm trapped in this poem? Now I'm really annoyed."
- (Danny Fenton) "Um -- Um -- Boo?"
- (Unnamed) "I am a ghost. Fear me."
- (Danny Fenton) "Uh -- I better get to school."
- (Unnamed) "I better get to school. Fear me."
- (Johnny 13) "I thought this was a pretend fight."
- (Danny Fenton) "Then pretend that didn't hurt."
- (Box Lunch) "I am Box Lunch. Daughter of The Box Ghost and The Lunch Lady."
- (Danny Fenton) "Um, eww."
- (Danny Fenton) "Will you stop talking about me like I'm not here?"
- (Danny Fenton) "And will you stop poking me?"
- (Jazz Fenton) "You're not Danny. That's why the Booo-Merang wasn't honing in on you're ecto-signature. You're not Danny."
- (Dark Danny) "I was, but I outgrew him. The Danny you know is floating helplessly in the Ghost Zone ten years in the future."
- (Jazz Fenton) "He'll escape. He'll beat you."
- (Dark Danny) "How? Is the answer: A. the Fenton Portal? Destroyed it. B. the only remaining portal? The one that my idiot cheesehead archenemy has? As soon as I find it, that's going too."
- (Jazz Fenton) "Cheesehead? Vlad Masters? He's your archenemy?"
- (Dark Danny) "Is it: C. you? No. You can't stop me from cheating on the C.A.T. and solidifying my future, so it must be D --"
- (Dark Danny) "None of the above."
- (Dark Danny) "Well, what do you know? The answer to the first question is "D"."
- (Danny Fenton) "Ahhh, Nasty Burger, our safe haven. Away from the worries of --"
- (Jazz Fenton) "Danny, run."
- (Danny Fenton) "Run? Why should I --"
- (Maddie Fenton) "Dude."
- (Jazz Fenton) "If anyone asks, I'm related to you."
- (Samantha "Sam" Manson) "Okay, but you're gonna have to be a lot less cheery."
- (Jack Fenton) "You must be so exhausted you can't even talk."
- (Jack Fenton) "So I'll keep talking."
- (Vlad Masters) "They're running out of time, you know."
- (Danny Fenton) "Time? That gives me a great idea."
- (Clockwork) "No. That's a horrible idea. I'm the ghost of time, not the ghost of miracle cures."
Add or Update Quotes
If you have a quote to add or change and want to let us know, please fill in the form below. Include the time in the film/video if possible so we can find it.
Additional Film and TV Quotes
- Terms and Conditions
You Might Like
- Rhyme Generation
- Poetry Generator
- Poetry Forms
- 10 Greatest Love Poems
- Elements Of Poetry
- Love Calculator
- How To Write A Poem
- Film and TV Quotes
- Copyright © 2004-2022 All rights reserved. This site uses affiliate links and may earn commissions for purchases made.
Danny Phantom, Season 1
[Danny and Sam are flying; Sam is staring at Danny and Danny notices]
Danny: Are you okay, Sam?
[Sam snaps out of it and blushes]
Sam: [nervously] Oh... It's just really nice up here, that's all. Flying's nice.
[Danny realizes what Sam is talking about and blushes. They suddenly hit a cardboard cut out of Ember and fall]
Sam: Falling stinks.
Share your thoughts on Danny Phantom, Season 1's quote with the community:
We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe. If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly.
You need to be logged in to favorite .
Create a new account.
Your name: * Required
Your email address: * Required
Pick a user name: * Required
Username: * Required
Password: * Required
Forgot your password? Retrieve it
Use the citation below to add this movie quote to your bibliography:
Style: MLA Chicago APA
"Danny Phantom, Season 1 Quotes." Quotes.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 26 Oct. 2023. < https://www.quotes.net/show-quote/23851 >.
Know another quote from Danny Phantom, Season 1?
Don't let people miss on a great quote from the "danny phantom, season 1" movie - add it here, the web's largest resource for, famous quotes & sayings, a member of the stands4 network.
Are you a quotes master, name the film "i've seen seambeams glittering in the darkness near tannhauser gate".
- A. The Abyss
- B. Bladerunner
- C. All Quiet on the Western Front
- D. The Big Blue