- Show Spoilers
- Night Vision
- Sticky Header
- Highlight Links
Follow TV Tropes
Recap / The Real Ghostbusters S 3 E 3 The Bogeyman Is Back
The Ghostbusters are fighting a monster on the top of the World Trade Centre, when it knocks Egon back, leaving him holding onto the edge. He falls and the monster flies away, but Winston rescues Egon in a helicopter and they trap the monster. After Egon is rescued, Peter and Ray compliment him for being so brave.
That night, the Ghostbusters and Slimer prepare to go to bed and the rest of the Ghostbusters again compliment Egon on his bravery. Egon has insomnia and tries to get rid of it by drinking cocoa and watching an old horror movie, but the movie scares him.
Meanwhile, the Boogeyman, who is trapped in his dimension, senses Egon's fear, and after Egon goes back to bed (after running into a thirsty Slimer) he walks into the bedroom. He declares that he will get revenge on the Ghostbusters for locking him up, then scares away Slimer, whose scream wakes the Ghostbusters. They zap him with proton packs and he runs off into the alley, so they follow (still in their pyjamas) and try to zap him again, but miss, and he escapes.
Meanwhile, three children known as the "Junior Ghostbusters" (Donald, Catherine, and Jason) are telling one another scary stories. Catherine and Jason want to go to bed, which causes Donald to tease them for being scared. Then a PKE meter they have stars going off, prompting Jason to phone up Egon.
Back in the firehouse, Egon explains that he was afraid of the fall and the Boogeyman sensed his fear. The phone rings, Egon answers, and Jason explains that the PKE meter reads minus nine. Egon realises that is the Boogeyman's number, so the Ghostbusters drive off to the rescue.
They try to shoot the Boogeyman, but he escapes and runs to an amusement park. Egon, meanwhile, builds a machine to vaporise the Boogeyman so that he can be trapped like a ghost, and they set off with Slimer following after.
At the amusement park, the Boogeyman forces the Ghostbusters onto a haunted carnival ride that knocks their proton packs off and teleports them into his dimension, and then ties them up. Slimer wakes up the Junior Ghostbusters and tells them what happened, while the Boogeyman sends the Ghostbusters into a scary dimension.
The Junior Ghostbusters go to the Boogeyman's dimension and return the proton packs to the Ghostbusters, who are now tied up again. The Boogeyman approaches the kids, so Egon breaks out of his ties and zaps him. Eventually, he gets caught in a ghost trap and the rest of the Ghostbusters also break free.
This episode provides examples of
- An Aesop : There is nothing wrong with admitting being afraid of something.
- Amusement Park of Doom : Invoked. The Boogeyman redecorates an amusement park to look scary and have dangerous rides when he attempts to move into it.
- Children Are Special : Subverted. "The Boogieman Cometh" suggested that the Boogeyman only fed on children's fear, but this episode reveals that he can feed on adults' fear too.
- Cyclops : The entity the Ghostbusters are attacking at the beginning has one eye.
- Did You Think I Can't Feel? : Egon's three friends all compliment him on how unphased he is by falling off the World Trade Center. They're surprised when he finally admits, "That fall I took today terrified me."
- Egon ends up falling off the World Trade Centre and needing to be rescued with a helicopter.
- All of the Ghostbusters end up held captive by the Boogeyman.
- Emotion Eater : The Boogeyman, who feeds on fear, returns.
- The Empath : Downplayed for the Boogeyman, who can sense fear but it's unknown if he can sense other emotions.
- Evil Laugh : The Boogeyman laughs evilly several times.
- Hesitation Equals Dishonesty : Egon says, "Uh" before insincerely agreeing with Peter that nothing bothers him.
- Implied Death Threat : When the Ghostbusters tell the Boogeyman that they're not little kids he can scare off, he replies, "On the contrary, I can scare you... to death !"
- Incoming Ham : After Egon warns the kids over the phone of what's coming. Catherine: What did he say? Jason: He-he said the Boogeyman's coming. The Boogeyman: [bursting through the door] Wrong, my child! The Boogeyman is HERE! [laughs]
- Motive Rant : The Boogeyman's first scene starts off with one, as he vainly tries to open the various doors. Boogeyman: GHOSTBUSTERS! You had no right to seal me in like this! All my precious portals to children's closets, all useless now! But somehow, some way, I'll get out, and I'll make you PAY!
- My God, What Have I Done? : As the others say the Boogeyman now poses a threat to every child in the city, the camera pans over to a guilty Egon.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero : Egon's fear allows his most hated and feared enemy to escape into the real world.
- Not So Stoic : Played for Drama . The normally-stoic Egon is so shaken up by his fall that he trembles, stammers, and hides behind the couch.
- Obviously Not Fine : Egon states that he's "not afraid of some silly old movie" despite hiding his face and gulping.
- Outside-Context Problem : Egon recaps how the Boogeyman is not a ghost and thus far trickier to deal with than their other opponents. He ultimately devises a modified blaster that will vaporize the Boogeyman into a ghost long enough for the trap to work.
- Pet the Dog : When Egon explains how this situation is his fault, Peter is the one to console him.
- Say My Name : When Egon is dangling off the edge of the building, one of his friends shouts, "Egon!".
- Sequel Episode : The Boogeyman breaks out of his in-between place and seeks revenge against the Ghostbusters.
- Shout-Out : When transported to the unfamiliar dimension, Winston says, "Wherever we are, it sure isn't Kansas", which references Dorothy's line "I have the feeling we're not in Kansas anymore" from The Wizard of Oz .
- Shut Up, Kirk! : After the Boogeyman restrains the group, most of them remain defiant. Peter: Give it up, Boogeyman! Ray: Yeah! We're not little kids that you can scare away. Boogeyman: On the contrary, I can scare you to death !
- Space Whale Aesop : One of the few episodes that has a moral, and being a supernatural-based show, its moral can be summed up as "Admit when you're scared or an evil entity will rise, tie up you and your friends, and endanger three kids".
- Spanner in the Works : When the Boogeyman emerges from the closet, Egon is too scared to react, while the others are sleeping comfortably. At the last moment, Slimer enters with a tray of food and, upon seeing Boogey, gets scared. He flies away screaming and drops his tray, waking the others up.
- Things That Go "Bump" in the Night : The Boogeyman appears again and tries to feed on the fear of three children.
- Villain Ball : The Boogeyman passes up the chance to finish the restrained Ghostbusters so that he can get "some real fear" by terrorizing the children.
- "You!" Exclamation : The Boogeyman when the Ghostbusters interrupt his first attack on the kids.
- The Real Ghostbusters S 3 E 2 Its A Jungle Out There
- Recap/The Real Ghostbusters
- The Real Ghostbusters S 3 E 4 Once Upon A Slime
- Action Adventure
- Crime & Punishment
- Professional Wrestling
- Speculative Fiction
- Sports Story
- Animation (Western)
- Music And Sound Effects
- Print Media
- Sequential Art
- Tabletop Games
- Applied Phlebotinum
- Characters As Device
- Narrative Devices
- British Telly
- The Contributors
- Creator Speak
- Derivative Works
- Laws And Formulas
- Show Business
- Split Personality
- Truth And Lies
- Truth In Television
- Fate And Prophecy
- Edit Reasons
- Isolated Pages
- Images List
- Recent Videos
- Crowner Activity
- Un-typed Pages
- Recent Page Type Changes
- Trope Entry
- Character Sheet
- Playing With
- Creating New Redirects
- Cross Wicking
- Tips for Editing
- Text Formatting Rules
- Handling Spoilers
- Trope Repair Shop
- Image Pickin'
- View history
The Boogieman's Domain  is a realm exclusively inhabited by the Boogieman .
- 3 Appearances
- 4 References
- 5.1 Collages
- 5.2 Primary Canon
- 5.3 Non Canon
History [ ]
The Boogieman's Domain is a realm that lies in between the physical plane and spirit world. It is unique in that it opens to children's rooms all over the Earth.  He used to move from closet to closet almost instantaneously for years. The Standard Laws of Physics are much different in this domain but the Ghostbusters' equipment functioned normally.  At his choosing, the Boogieman could also use the realm against any trespassers. 
The Ghostbusters hooked up the Ghost Bomb to their Proton Packs , set them to overload, and the resulting hyperspatial implosion temporarily sealed the Boogieman in the domain.  Every portal was sealed, however, the Boogieman later detected Egon Spengler's fear and drew enough strength to invade the Firehouse . He entered from a closet in the sleeping quarters. After the Boogieman was forced out the window, the domain was still viewable from the closet. The Boogieman used his powers to transmogrify the Big Apple Amusement Park into a new domain.
- When the Ghostbusters first enter Boogieman's Domain, it looks like Maurits Cornelis's lithograph print " Relativity ".
- At one point, one of the paths turns into an infinity symbol.
Appearances [ ]
The Real Ghostbusters
- " The Boogieman Cometh "
- " The Bogeyman Is Back "
References [ ]
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - " The Boogieman Cometh " (1986) (DVD ts. 09:55-09:59). Time Life Entertainment. Ray says: "We can't go back into the Carter's house but maybe we can find another closet that leads to the Boogieman's Domain."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - The Boogieman Cometh (1986) (DVD ts. 15:46-15:50). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "A sort of in-between place that opens up to childrens' rooms all over the world."
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - The Boogieman Cometh (1986) (DVD ts. 18:05-18:08). Time Life Entertainment. Ray says: "No telling. The laws of physics are different here."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - The Boogieman Cometh (1986) (DVD ts. 17:59-18:00). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "He uses it against us."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - The Boogieman Cometh (1986) (DVD ts. 19:28-19:33). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "The resulting hyperspatial implosion might just seal off the Boogieman's realm forever."
Gallery [ ]
Collages [ ].
Primary Canon [ ]
Non Canon [ ]
The Real Ghostbusters (TV Series)
The bogeyman is back (1987), full cast & crew.
Writing credits , cast (in credits order) , produced by , music by , casting by , art direction by , production management , second unit director or assistant director , art department , sound department , animation department , editorial department , music department , script and continuity department , additional crew .
Release Dates | Official Sites | Company Credits | Filming & Production | Technical Specs
Contribute to This Page
- Full Cast and Crew
- Release Dates
- Official Sites
- Company Credits
- Filming & Production
- Technical Specs
- Plot Summary
- Plot Keywords
- Parents Guide
Did You Know?
- Crazy Credits
- Alternate Versions
Photo & Video
- Photo Gallery
- Trailers and Videos
- User Reviews
- User Ratings
- External Reviews
- Metacritic Reviews
- External Sites
Related lists from IMDb users
We will keep fighting for all libraries - stand with us!
Internet Archive Audio
- This Just In
- Grateful Dead
- Old Time Radio
- 78 RPMs and Cylinder Recordings
- Audio Books & Poetry
- Computers, Technology and Science
- Music, Arts & Culture
- News & Public Affairs
- Spirituality & Religion
- Radio News Archive
- Flickr Commons
- Occupy Wall Street Flickr
- NASA Images
- Solar System Collection
- Ames Research Center
- All Software
- Old School Emulation
- MS-DOS Games
- Historical Software
- Classic PC Games
- Software Library
- Kodi Archive and Support File
- Vintage Software
- CD-ROM Software
- CD-ROM Software Library
- Software Sites
- Tucows Software Library
- Shareware CD-ROMs
- Software Capsules Compilation
- CD-ROM Images
- ZX Spectrum
- DOOM Level CD
- Smithsonian Libraries
- FEDLINK (US)
- Lincoln Collection
- American Libraries
- Canadian Libraries
- Universal Library
- Project Gutenberg
- Children's Library
- Biodiversity Heritage Library
- Books by Language
- Additional Collections
- Prelinger Archives
- Democracy Now!
- Occupy Wall Street
- TV NSA Clip Library
- Animation & Cartoons
- Arts & Music
- Computers & Technology
- Cultural & Academic Films
- Ephemeral Films
- Sports Videos
- Videogame Videos
- Youth Media
Search the history of over 835 billion web pages on the Internet.
- Wayback Machine (iOS)
- Wayback Machine (Android)
- Explore the Collections
- Build Collections
Save Page Now
Capture a web page as it appears now for use as a trusted citation in the future.
Please enter a valid web address
- Donate Donate icon An illustration of a heart shape
The Real Ghostbusters - Complete Series
Video item preview, share or embed this item, flag this item for.
- Graphic Violence
- Explicit Sexual Content
- Hate Speech
- Misleading/Inaccurate/Missing Metadata
plus-circle Add Review comment Reviews
Uploaded by vemriko on July 13, 2022
SIMILAR ITEMS (based on metadata)
The Boogieman Cometh! Amazing fan-made Real Ghostbusters action figure!
- November 22, 2020
After waiting more than thirty years, The Boogieman Cometh!
Made by the folks over at the BAMM ToyCo , today we’re taking a look at this fan-made Real Ghostbusters action figure of The Boogieman!
If you’d like to find out more about the BAMM ToyCo , or just check out their previous work, click here .
For those wanting a bit of a refresher on the original Real Ghostbusters episode, watch out look back below:
Sony Pictures Animation’s Ghostbusters movie was going to reimagine the franchise, making ghosts the busters
New Ghostbusters hoodie available at Five Below
Ghostbusters Ecto-1 RC 4×4 toy races back onto store shelves at a discounted price
Ghostbusters: Afterlife coming to Netflix UK this month
Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed receives hotfix patch 1.6.1
Ghostbusters Tarot Deck gets delayed until next year
Grand Theft Auto Online’s ‘Ghostbusters’ event is live, letting players cruise around in a would-be Ecto-1
Ghostbusters: Afterlife’s chase scene gets recreated as an interactive experience
Ghostbusters: Afterlife artist introduces fans to the Ecto-1X in new art series
Horror FX legend Steve Johnson is offering a limited run of light-up Ghostbusters Slimer statues
Episode 50 of Extraplasm Podcast is live with guest Craig Goldberg of Yes Have Some Podcast
Hasbro release teaser hyping “BIG” Ghostbusters reveal
New Necrohowler skins have been UNLEASHED in Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed
Proton Charging founder Chris Stewart joins this week’s Halloween-fueled episode of Extraplasm Podcast
Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed Ecto Edition comes to Nintendo Switch next month, pre-orders launch for glow-in-the-dark physical release
Hasbro teases new Ghostbusters reveal for this weekend
Follow ghostbusters news.
Disclaimer: This website receives compensation through the use of third-party affiliate links. "Ghostbusters" and "Ghost-Design" are registered Trademarks of Columbia Pictures Ghost Corps (Sony Pictures)
- Hermosa Beach, CA
- Redondo Beach, CA
- Marina Del Rey, CA
- Culver City, CA
- Venice-Mar Vista, CA
- Palos Verdes, CA
- Santa Monica, CA
- Westwood-Century City, CA
- South Gate-Lynwood, CA
- Beverly Hills, CA
- Top National News
- See All Communities
Redondo Beach, CA | Featured Event
Halloween movie series 2023: rooftop cinema club, el segundo.
Halloween Movie Series
Through Oct. 31, 2023 - Showtimes vary by date.
Rooftop Cinema Club, 1310 E. Franklin Ave., El Segundo, CA
From Rooftop Cinema Club :
"The Ultimate Open-Air Cinema Experience!
" Skyline Views : Time your visit to take in the sun setting over the cinema, watch a movie under the stars, bask in the full moon at midnight or enjoy the warmth of the sun in the daytime. Regardless of the time of day, you are guaranteed an expansive view of LA’s Westside skyline.
"Food & Snacks : Treat yourself to classic cinema concessions including fresh popcorn (vegan), candy and soft drinks. You can see their complete concessions menu here .
"Bar : Our partner, Hi-Lo Liquor, is bringing the best of the local craft beer scene, regional wines, hard kombuchas and refreshing spritz and mocktail concoctions to the cinema. Click here to view the bar menu.
"Pregame : Arrive early to soak in the good vibes at our cinema lounge, a whimsical space with photo opportunities, lawn games, table games and outdoor seating to ease into your rooftop experience. Just check the doors times in your ticket to confirm how early you can arrive!
"Movie Magic : Our program is hand-picked and features everything from cult films, to classics, to new releases. When the movie starts, you'll be able to live completely in those movie moments with state-of-the-art wireless headphones and an amazing view of our 24-foot LED screen.
- Scary Movie . 16 OCT 8:00PM
- Hocus Pocus . 17 OCT 7:45PM
- Final Destination . 17 OCT 10:15PM
- American Psycho . 18 OCT 7:45PM
- Scream (1996) . 18 OCT 10:15PM
- Jaws . 19 OCT 7:45PM
- Candyman (2021) . 19 OCT 10:45PM
- Barbie . 20 OCT 8:30PM
- Scream VI . 20 OCT 11:15PM
- Coraline . 21 OCT 2:30PM
- Hocus Pocus: Open Captions . 21 OCT 5:30PM
- Ghostbusters (1984) . 21 OCT 8:30PM
- The Conjuring . 21 OCT 11:00PM
- Elemental . 22 OCT 2:30PM
- Cruella . 22 OCT 5:15PM
- The Exorcist (1973) . 22 OCT 8:45PM
- Talk to Me . 23 OCT 8:00PM
- Scooby-Doo .24 OCT 7:45PM
- Nope . 24 OCT 10:00PM
- Hocus Pocus . 25 OCT 7:45PM
- The Shining . 25 OCT 10:15PM
- Shrek Swamp Party: Movie & Silent Disco . COMBO EXPERIENCE. 26 OCT 7:30PM
- Shrek Silent Disco . 26 OCT 9:00PM
- The Craft . 27 OCT 7:45PM
- Friday the 13th (1980) . 27 OCT 10:15PM
- Halloweentown . 28 OCT 2:30PM
- Practical Magic . 28 OCT 5:15PM
- Death Becomes Her . 28 OCT 8:00PM
- Scream (1996) . 28 OCT 10:30PM
- Haunted Mansion .29 OCT 1:45PM
- Edward Scissorhands . 29 OCT 5:30PM
- The Boogeyman . 29 OCT 8:30PM
- The Addams Family (1991) . 30 OCT 8:00PM
- Hocus Pocus .31 OCT 8:00PM
- Halloween (1978) . 31 OCT 10:50PM
"Tickets : Prices range from $16.50 - $26.50, depending on seat type, ticket inclusions and time of day.
"Discounts : Active, retired and family of military personnel enjoy 15% off with voucher code: ElSegundoMilitary2023 . Any form of valid military ID required as proof at venue. Students enjoy 10% off with voucher code: ElSegundoStudent2023 . Active Student ID or Student Schedule required as proof at venue."
MORE INFO & TICKET LINKS HERE
--Image credit: Rooftop Cinema Club
More Upcoming Events
Featured event, 'the great shakeout' earthquake drill & test/text alert 2023: california.
Thursday, 10:19 am San Francisco, CA
'SHRIMPFEST23' Crustacean Celebration & Live Music 2023: San Pedro Fish Market, Long Beach
Friday, 6:00 pm Long Beach, CA
Family Halloween Night 2023: Aquarium Of Pacific, Long Beach
Friday, 6:30 pm Long Beach, CA
The thanksgiving play.
Friday, 8:00 pm Manhattan Beach, CA
Vistamar School Open House - Oct. 21 at 9:30 am
Saturday, 9:30 am Manhattan Beach, CA
Free Seminar: Wills, Trusts, and Probate: Everything You Need to Know
Saturday, 10:00 am Hermosa Beach, CA
Fall Art Show 2023: Beverly Gardens Park, Beverly Hills
Saturday, 10:00 am Beverly Hills, CA