How Ghost Busters Work
- Share Content on Facebook
- Share Content on LinkedIn
- Share Content on Flipboard
- Share Content on Reddit
- Share Content via Email
The first thing you need to know about real-life ghost busters is that they don't like the term "ghost buster." To actually bust a ghost , you'd need two things:
- An actual, verifiable ghost
- A tested, proven method of getting rid of that ghost
The problem a real ghost buster runs into is simply this: Neither of those things has ever been conclusively proven to exist.
What does exist are unexplained events that seem to have a paranormal origin. These events can be investigated, and many times the causes can be determined. Often, the ghosts are "busted" when the investigator discovers that it was really a poorly sealed window causing the cold draft or reflected car headlights causing the strange lights moving around a darkened room. So instead of ghost busters, they tend to prefer "paranormal investigators" or even "ghost hunters."
You won't find most paranormal investigators listed in the phone book. So how do they find their cases? Randy Liebeck has cases referred to him from various paranormal research institutions. Joe Nickell selects which hauntings he will investigate based on the infamy of the case or whether it has any unusual or interesting characteristics. Many investigators, including both Liebeck and Nickell, conduct some investigations at the invitation of TV crews or newspaper reporters.
Once they have a reported haunting, a paranormal investigator begins by researching the site ahead of time. This often takes the form of a list of the phenomena reported to occur at the haunting, but it can also lead to historical research into the back story behind a haunting. Knowing what phenomena are being reported is important, because it helps determine what equipment to bring. "If the reports involve only auditory or subjective sensations, there is no point in wiring up the house with 15 video cameras ," said Liebeck. Historical research is vital, because the word-of-mouth legends that usually surround ghostly sites can be red herrings that lead investigators to dead ends.
The first step upon reaching the investigation site is to speak with all the witnesses to the phenomena and find out exactly what they've experienced. Often, the exact details reported by eyewitnesses are quite different from the legendary tales that surround a haunting.
Joe Nickell has developed a ghost questionnaire that he gives to witnesses at the start of an investigation in an attempt to quantify their experiences. The questionnaire addresses details such as the number of times they've experienced a haunting and at what time of day the hauntings have occurred. It also uses psychological survey questions that help Nickell give the witness a "fantasy-prone quotient."
Please copy/paste the following text to properly cite this HowStuffWorks.com article:
- View history
This list of Weapons is not finalized; additions and updates will be made as the game's development progresses.
Some weapons may be missing as this list has been compiled from in-game traders, streamed VOD's, and media posted by the Team over at Combat Waffle Studios. Many more updates are to come, and any missing information will be filled in with the coming weeks, months & years. Additional edits by The Ghosts of Tabor community.
- Lowest prices in the tables below represent purchase price from Level 5 trader with the maximum discount applied.
- 1 Damage values: Moved to → Ballistics & Damage Charts.
- 3.1 DLC Rifles
- 4.1 DLC SMGS
- 5.1 DLC Handguns
- 6 Bolt-Action Rifles
- 7 Sniper Rifles
- 8.1 DLC Shotguns
- 10.1 DLC Melee
- 11 Throwables
- 12 Upcoming weapons
Damage values: Moved to → Ballistics & Damage Charts . [ ]
Features [ ].
A mag check can be done by holding a magazine in either hand and giving it a shake which will then send vibrations to your controller.
Disclaimer: Prices listed here can differ with what you see in game. Prices listed here are raw prices that are not affected by trader discount lvl.
DLC Rifles [ ]
Dlc smgs [ ], handguns [ ], dlc handguns [ ], bolt-action rifles [ ], sniper rifles [ ], shotguns [ ], dlc shotguns [ ], dlc melee [ ], throwables [ ], upcoming weapons [ ].
The following list contains likely/potential future content as shown in-game, in promotional footage/social media posts, and datamined.
- Wooden foregrip Galil
- Henry Original Lever-action Rifle Repeater
- Springfield Armory M1A
- M700 + MDT ESS Chassis System
- Mk 14 Enhanced Battle Rifle (EBR)
- Daniel Defense MK18 SBR 5.56mm
- AAC Honey Badger
- Desert Tech MDR
- FB MSBS Grot
- AK5C (Working)
- M3A1 "grease gun"
- Church of fish patterned UMP with InFish charm
- Heckler & Koch P7
- SIG Sauer P226
- SIG Sauer P320
- Browning Hi-Power
- Beretta CX8 Storm
- Flux Defense’s MP17 Mk II, aka the Raider
- SIG-Sauer XM250 LMG
- M240 LMG 7.62mm x 51mm
- MG3 Machinegewehr 7.62×51mm
- Emplaced 50bmg machine gun
- Springfield Armory M79 grenade launcher
- M84 Stun Grenade
- SOG - SOGfari Machete - 13-inch
- SOG - Voodoo Hawk tactical tomahawk
- 2 Equipment
- 3 Ballistics
Patch 0.5.6 is now been deployed, please consider restarting Steam and/or your Quest after patch is applied. Please excuse a larger update than normal, new content required it.
Also remember that servers always have a certain amount of downtime during patching, please keep an eye on our Discord server for timely updates
➕NEW FEATURES ➕
- Added a new UI to the main terminal
- Added island of Tabor night variant (don’t forget your night vision)
- Added a new character model for the player (replaced the old one)
- Added new Fenix models
- Added names to extraction points (compass)
- Added new sounds to the guns (Reworked almost all gun audio from scratch. Over 1k gun sound files were replaced with new source material. Most guns have completely unique gunshot (suppressed and unsuppressed), as well as mechanical noises such as pulling the charging handle.)
- Added a fist bump option, executing a fistbump with a fellow player will send off a friend request
- Added new audio to raid exfil and player’s death
- Added SSH-68 helmet
- Added LBAV armor
- Reworked armors (armor penetration system has been reworked from scratch to be more accurate and consistent. Armor classes are now divided into six classes (from three). Chest rigs and helmets should be generally more effective.)
- Added friends limit (100 friends total shared between friends and invites request)
- Removed the nerd port on the arms **(you can now inject anywhere on forearms)**
🐛 BUG FIXES 🐛
- Fixed survival elements depletion speed being linked to the player’s FPS
- Fixed night force scope not showing when trying to receive it
- Fixed MP5 clipping through loot crates
- Fixed some shelves not saving in the safe house
- Fixed workbench saving areas not saving
- Fixed mag palming near a pouch resulting in an invisible magazine
- Fixed the ammo crafter not building ammo in some conditions
- Fixed the ability to run sideways and backward when out of stamina (now preventing it)
- Fixed the ability to run while aiming with the gun sideway (now preventing it)
- Fixed the name of the bunker resource category (previously called junk)
- Fixed glass not being breakable
- Fixed some backpack logics (attempt to fix one of the major crash while in a raid)
- Fixed the player being able to move and grab things before raid (preventing them from grabbing items they won’t spawn with)
- Fixed Krtek mask vanishing from saving areas
- Fixed culling distance on loot crates
- Fixed texture color in loot crates and backpacks to be grey instead of black to be more visible
- Fixed MP40 bullet ejection location
- Fixed can shoot with safety on if you put a new magazine in and charge a bullet in the chamber
- Fixed grenades and syringe had no collision in the backpack
- Fixed silencers attached to guns don’t have collision in backpack
- Fixed Fenix don’t respawn
- Fixed knives stabbing backpacks
- Fixed some bugs with the trashcan (it should not eat your loadout if you walk too close to it!)
- Fixed bolt catch and bolt release inconsistencies
- Fixed Fenix sometimes laying down pretending to be dead
🛠️ FIXES MAPS 🛠️
Island of tabor .
- Added grass sound when walking on grass surface
- Added new trees
- Added new containers around the map (to be used as cover)
- Fixed the underground parking spawn taking too long
- Removed doors **temporarily** on the island
- minor fixes
- Added ambient audio to the safe house
- Added storage in armory 1
- Reworked lighting
- Fixed some typo on some signs
- Fixed whiteboard not having collision with the player
As well as various optimization and minor fixes.
Patch 0.5.3410.15717 has now been deployed, please consider restarting Steam and/or your Quest after patch is applied.
Also remember that servers always have a certain amount of down-time during patching, please keep an eye on our Discord server for timely updates.
- Added ability to invert the angled grip for left handed people (while holding the angled grip in hands, click trigger)
- Added Deagle
- Added nightforce scope
- Added trashcan to safe house
- Scopes are now be higher resolution on PCVR
- Unlocked more rooms (nursery, radio and never wipe are not available yet)
- Added numbers on doors so it’s easy to know what room it is (Ex: Armory1, Armory2, …)
Island of Tabor
- Fixed audio occlusion on island of Tabor
- Fixed turn in missions
- Fixed the SPH5 helmet not showing up on terminal when trying to receive the item
- Fixed being able to put backpacks on other players (not possible anymore)
- Fixed duplicates on extractions (backpack and guns)
- Fixed one shot energy chews
- Fixed ammo reloader spitting ammo causing physics issues
- Fixed friends request not showing up until restarting the game
- Fixed promoting a squad member to leader was not working properly
- Fixed items not always dropping on death
- Fixed NPCs spawning too close from you
- Fixed being able to put shotgun shells in stanag magazine
- Fixed crashes with scopes
- Fixed founding father DLC not showing up for owners on DLC screen
- Fixed mag palming with MP5 magazines
- Fixed mag palming with FN5.7 20 round magazines causing the freeze/crash
- Fixed being able to put attachment on the AK without a rail
- Fixed level/XP screen displaying default value when unable to reach the backend
- Fixed every guns selector activating when opening a room in the safe house (no more clicks!)
- Fixed various crashes issues
- Generator more accurately syncs to backend
- Adjusted the XP gained from looting items
⚠️ Known issues ⚠️
- XP system may have some issues. It is a work in progress
- Feet IK is being worked on. There may be some conditions where it does not look accurate
PATCH 0.5.3369.15477 AKA WIPE DAY
Patch 0.5.3369.15477 has now been deployed and progression has been WIPED, please consider restarting Steam and/or your Quest after patch is applied.
Also remember that servers always have a certain amount of down-time during patching, please keep an eye here in the updates channel for timely updates.
➕NEW – GAMEPLAY➕
- Added mag palming
- Added airdrops to Island of Tabor
- Added player progression end-raid screen (XP and player leveling system Work in progress)
- Added distance for kills on end-raid screen
- Reworked some grips modifier (prevent grabbing items from other players)
- Reintroduced purple keycards to unlock safe rooms
- Reintroduced orange keycards and they now unlock special extract point
- Adjusted NPC’s so they take time to aim before shooting
➕NEW SAFE HOUSE UPDATE➕
- Added the new safe house, replacing the old one
- Added auto sorting items on walls for your starter items
- Added back the voice to safe house
- Added the power room/generator (require gasoline to power up)
- Added a sink to fill water bottles (require a water filter to use)
- Added a money vault to see your current money (can take money into raids)
- Added a button to reset the shooting range
- Added a recovery system so if you drop something on the floor or place it on a non saving area, it goes to your trade room terminal
- Added saving the loadout on crashes or force closing the game while inside the safe house
- Added different lighting levels
- Optimization pass in the labs
🛠️ FIXES – MAPS 🛠️
- No major changes
- Fixed a hole in the map near lab
- Fixed concrete barriers LODs
- Fixed ability to grab dead bodies inside of Labs
- Fixed ability to see inside and outside of tents windows
- Fixed 3 loot boxes that were not accessible/hard to access
- Improved lightmap resolution in certain areas
- Fixed shotgun ammo
- Fixed ammo crafter
- Fixed magazine reloader
- Fixed knives not doing correct damage including insta-kill for head
- Fixed various issues with ammo crafter
- Fixed magazines loading empty into raid
- Fixed P90 magazines detaching when holstering the gun
- Fixed various crashes
- Fixed the height calibration and settings saving
- Fixed not being able to manually load certain magazines
- Fixed backpack with items in on conveyor getting destroyed if it contained an ammo box
- Fixed gear tech backpack spawning magazines
- Fixed AI not hearing gunshots unless it hits a surface
- Fixed NVGs all looking the same on Quest 2
- Added graphics settings for resolution quality (PCVR)
- Economy overhaul
- Made menu all uppercase
- Removed the pump shotgun (Temporary – requires more work)
- Optimized culling distance
- Optimized the socials backend
- Completely new saving systems
- Remastered Mp5, 1911 and Glock17 models
If you just purchased a DLC and the gear was not provided / you cannot login, please try again. Worst case you might have to go in-game and reset your account through the menu => Profile => Reset account. We deployed a bugfix for this issue in our backend just short of the patch, but it could possibly require a profile reset.
About The Game
Ghosts of Tabor is the only extraction based VR FPS PVP and PVE survival game where you will have to use your wits, skills and resources to survive. Inspired by games such as Escape from Tarkov and DayZ, the game features a variety of scenarios from scavenging to looting and crafting. You never know who’s around the next corner. Will you survive long enough to make it out alive? Ghosts of Tabor is developed by a Veteran owned game developer; Combat Waffles Studios, Inc based in Port Charlotte, Florida.
In 2042 Russian militant forces (Volk) staged a coupe and gained control of the Russian Capital. Soon, VOLK declared war on all of Europe, and the West, believing Russian citizens were being subjected to experimentation. All countries and governments denied any knowledge of this information.
Explore Our Maps
Ghosts Of Tabor ™ Early Access Beta
Launched March 20th on multiple platforms! Support devs directly in shop! Buy on Steam! Buy for Quest 2 on App Lab!
Subscribe for the latest GoT news
Currency conversions are estimated and should be used for informational purposes only.
Originally posted by BigV419 : the Hunter 85 22mm only takes the hunter scope not the improvised scope with rail?
Originally posted by BigV419 : i have the improvised rail short and long, and neither will attach to the rife either? do you have to have a high rifle skill to attach?
Originally posted by otlup : it's called improvised side rail.
Originally posted by smokey57 : Originally posted by otlup : it's called improvised side rail.
Originally posted by Nero Chaos : Originally posted by smokey57 : There is no trace of an improvised 'side' rail in the crafting menu. There's long and short improvised rifle rails, and just a plain old 'improvised rifle rail', but nothing with 'side' in its name.
Originally posted by Xgamerider : the rifle rail is listed as side rail in the console (when you spawn it in that's it's name), so yes it exists and is the same rail.
Report this post
Sign in to add this item to your wishlist, follow it, or mark it as ignored
Sign in to see reasons why you may or may not like this based on your games, friends, and curators you follow.
prohibited for children
Early Access Game
Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops..
Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
Why Early Access?
Approximately how long will this game be in early access, how is the full version planned to differ from the early access version, what is the current state of the early access version, will the game be priced differently during and after early access, how are you planning on involving the community in your development process, buy ghosts of tabor, buy ghosts of tabor starter pack bundle.
Includes 2 items: Ghosts Of Tabor , Nuclear Night Edition Upgrade
Content For This Game Browse all (3)
Report bugs and leave feedback for this game on the discussion boards
Join Our Community
About This Game
Survive & stay alive, explore, loot & shoot, upgrade your arsenal, amazing environments, mature content description.
The developers describe the content like this:
Online gameplay has military shooter themed violence.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- Processor: i5 6600K
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 15 GB available space
- Sound Card: Any
- VR Support: OpenXR, Seated, Standing, Roomscale. Valve Index, HTC Vives and Pico using SteamVR. Oculus headsets with Oculus Runtime. WMR headsets with WMR Runtime.
- Additional Notes: Virtual Desktop not recommended (Questlink/Airlink Fully Supported)
- Processor: i7 7700k or Higher
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia 1080GTX or Higher
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 30 GB available space
More like this
What curators say, customer reviews.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Popular user-defined tags for this product: (?)
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.