- For Haunt Owners
- Browse By State
- Haunted Attractions
- Haunted Houses
- Haunted Hay Rides
- Zombie Hunts & Shootouts
- Haunted Mazes / Haunted Corn Mazes
- Haunted Trails
- Home Haunts
- Theaters & Plays
- Scream Parks
- Paranormal Events
- Zombie 5k Runs
- Haunted River Tours
- Other Event / Attraction
- Ghost Tours
- Halloween Parties & Nightlife
- Escape Games
- Other Events
- Haunted Places
- Advertise With Us
Set Your Location
Phobia haunted houses cookie -->, share your review.
Phobia Haunted Houses Houston, TX
Contact Phobia Haunted Houses
Houston's mega-screampark. Experience chilling chainsaws, depraved zombies, manic mental patients, and much more at phobia! A massive collection of diverse terror! Check the all new location - Kemah Boardwalk Attractions: Dawn of the Machine: The Abyss of technology eclipses humanity. Ultra-modern industrial horror silhouetted by mechanical despair. Machines have risen...Soon they will rule. Genetic Nightmare: The horror of misguided science and genetic mutation. Every cell is manipulated and redesigned beyond recognition, leaving only a nightmare of thriving, grotesque organisms. Mind Control: A mental hospital loses control. The good patients are in charge. Be the ball. Watch your step. Smile during those beat downs. Grin and like it. Exile - Triple Attractions Dark World: You are what you eat. Enter the world of Phylo Darke's Packing plant. The dead are starving and the living grow fat with blood lust. Savage Ground: The brutal landscape of open air infestation. Smelling the fear, Lurkers riot in the streets. Terror waits beyond every shadow. Contagion: We all carry the disease, but can we escape the crisis? Compromised security at Darkelab's chemical synthesizing facility spews viral anguish.
Phobia is a great haunted house attraction! I loved watching my wife jump out of her skin. These guys know how to run a Halloween attraction!
Posted Oct 2017
Get the Haunts.com Phone App
Subscribe now to receive upcoming events, scary good savings & more this Halloween season!
- New York City
- New Braunfels
- Washington DC
- Beauty salons and spas Massage , Manicure , Hair salon , Makeup , Haircuts , Chemical peel , Pedicure See more
- Building and construction Apartment renovation , Construction company , Heating and water supply and sewerage systems , Construction work , Landscape design , Floor screed , Tile laying See more
- Business services Magazine , Newspaper , Bookmaker's offices , Passenger automobile and electric transport enterprises , Publishing house , Cloth wholesaler , IT Consulting See more
- Clothing and shoes Clothes , Online clothing store , Shoes , CAT , Women , Adidas , Online women's clothing store See more
- Country hotels Holiday camp , Country club , Fishing , Restaurant , Conference room , Parking lot , Banquet hall See more
- Drugstores Online pharmacy , Drug stores , Home medical equipment , Medical equipment store , Medication manufacturing , Medical cosmetics , Blood pressure monitors See more
- Education Schools , College , University , Academies , Institute , Preparatory schools , Technical college See more
- Entertainment centers Parks , Swimming pool , Beach , Escape room , Water park , Rinks , Circus See more
- Finance Banks , ATMs , Refinancing , Insurance companies , Currency exchange , Mortgage refinancing , Life insurance See more
- Fitness clubs Gym , Martial arts , Aerobics , Pilates , Powerlifting , Crossfit , Zumba See more
- For children Day care , Children's camps , Kids' library , Nursery , Private kindergarten , Preparing for school , Children's art center See more
- Funeral services Cemeteries , Morgues , Cremation , Columbarium , Ritual supplies , Monument engraving , Grave landscaping See more
- Household services Pawn shops , Freight & cargo shipping and transportation , Dry cleaners , Tailor shops , Garbage pickup , Photo studio , Video editing See more
- Internet companies Online store , IT companies , Mobile application , IT outsourcing , Dth tv broadcast services providers , Website rental , Data center See more
- Kindergartens Development of speech , Math , Pediatrician , Library , Literacy program , Short stay group , English classes See more
- Legal services Consumer protection , Forensic analysis , Legal consultancy , Labor disputes , Notarial chambers , Debt discharge , Company liquidation See more
- Medical centers Hospital , Vaccination , Psychology , Ultrasound , Children's polyclinic , Maternity hospital , COVID-19 testing See more
- Movie theaters 3D hall
- Night clubs Striptease , Jazz club , Parties , Dancing , Karaoke , Food and drinks See more
- Optician's Sunglasses , Contact lenses , Colored lenses , Online optical store , Multifocal lenses , Lens delivery , Kids' eyeglasses See more
- Places of cultural interest Theater , Museum , Library , Temples , Monasteries , Gallery , Mosques See more
- Public services Courts , Airports , Traffic police , Grants , Bus station , Registry office , Inspectorates See more
- Real estate New developments , Dormitories , Real estate agencies , Sale of lots and low-rise houses , House rental , Office rent , Room rental See more
- Restaurants Cafe , Bars , Cafeterias , Food delivery , Pizza delivery , Outdoor seatings , Sushi delivery See more
- Service centers Smartphone repair , Washing machines , Refrigerators , TVs , Air conditioning installation , Laptop repair , Computers See more
- Shopping malls Outlet , Business center , Department store , Shopping mall , Shopping mall , Business park See more
- Shops Markets , Supermarket , Pet supply , Grocery delivery , Tools , Food and drinks , Auto parts See more
- Tourism Hotel , Airlines , Resort , Tour operator , Guest house , Park-hotel , Hostel See more
- Training courses Driving school , USE preparation , Schools of the Arts , Sports school , Professional development courses , GED preparation , Dance school See more
- Vehicle services Car dealership , Car inspection , Car wash , Window tinting , Tire service , Gas station , Car disassembly See more
- Veterinary hospitals Animal shelters , Veterinary drugstores , Dog kennel , Dog grooming , Dog training , Cat nursery , Dog neutering See more
- Yoga studios Yoga for beginners , Hatha yoga , Online yoga , Aerial yoga , Ashtanga Yoga , Yoga therapy , Kids' yoga See more
- Reviews 134
Phobia Haunted Houses — BW-8 & Kemah Boardwalk
- Get a widget
- Report an error
4 photos Phobia Haunted Houses - BW-8 & Kemah Boardwalk
Reviews about phobia haunted houses - bw-8 & kemah boardwalk.
- Christopher M. November 15, 2022, 12:09 pm One of the best haunted houses in Texas. Will be back next year. 0 0 Reply
- Island B. November 12, 2022, 8:50 pm Good for younger kids. Go to Phobia w older kids. 0 0 Reply
- Grace B. November 6, 2022, 10:43 pm We travelled from Dallas to see this haunt, it was really cool, cool animatronics and actors were on point for most part, some were on their phone tho and it felt unprofessional, but, they still made it a fun experience regardless! We are definitely coming back 0 0 Reply
- Christ W. November 6, 2022, 10:22 pm Horrible, Houston scream fest is better 0 0 Reply
- D/C B. November 6, 2022, 6:40 pm My teenager and her friends had a blast! I never heard so much screaming! 0 0 Reply
- Roberto C. November 5, 2022, 7:38 am Great entertainment, scared my pants off. Management was great 0 0 Reply
- Sandra A. November 5, 2022, 7:38 am Amazing experience!!! Excellent setup. Awesome staff. Very scary experience. My hats off foe this place. Definitely a must-see for this time a year! 0 0 Reply
- Anise M. November 4, 2022, 11:29 pm Without a doubt, Phobia is by far the scariest haunted house attraction I've been to in all of Texas. Not only are you in for a good scare, but a great atmosphere and well-executed setup. My personal favorite part of this experience was the triple attraction, Exile. Parking is free and easy, tickets are fast. I am looking forward to their season next year! I will be definitely coming back. Money well spent. 0 0 Reply
- Chunky R. November 4, 2022, 7:07 pm The thought of losing 40$ on a ticket is scarier than this place. The haunted houses are decent but there are hardly any actors in them. The staff lets a constant line in so by the time you get up to an actor, he or she has already done their scare and you are just walking through the house unstartled. I was not once scared at this place so no wonder why it says no refunds outside of the haunted houses. Every house that they had, all I saw was actors scrambling around to get back in their spot. The lines moved fast but that wasn't a good thing in this scenario because the actors had no time to scare anyone. 40$ not well spent, will not be coming back. … – show 0 0 Reply
- nicki f. November 2, 2022, 7:16 am The mind control house was sooo scary they did a great job over there the only negative thing I would say is pee before you go because the port a potties are almost as scary as the attractions lol but seriously great experience 0 0 Reply
- Kori G. November 1, 2022, 9:11 am great haunted house!! beautiful set design and the roamers are incredible!! this place is one of a kind. come here for a great scare:) 0 0 Reply
- Patricia W. November 1, 2022, 6:51 am Oh boy! I was totally excited my first haunted house experience disaster Not scary at all To much light, more screaming that scare actors just walk past you most places you’d expect and actor to pop out, there wasn’t one i literally walk through without mumbling a single word i wouldn’t go back for myself but i would talk my children including my you long o rd they’d probably laugh at them 0 0 Reply
- R. S. November 1, 2022, 4:23 am Really scary, totally worth it! The people working here are really passionate and will gave you a good scare, but they are also nice people so they will have mercy and treat you well if you are too terrified! 0 0 Reply
- Elysochilll C. October 31, 2022, 4:34 am Phobia is definitely a 10/10 if you’re in Houston during spooky season you definitely should go 0 0 Reply
- jasmin ‘. October 31, 2022, 4:34 am phobia is definitely worth the money, i come every year & never been disappointed 0 0 Reply
- angel a. October 31, 2022, 3:14 am loved the staff and both kemah and this location are truly really scary!! 0 0 Reply
- Melissa H. October 31, 2022, 3:13 am The best haunted house ever a great service the staff was wonderful and nice. 0 0 Reply
- BreAnna S. October 31, 2022, 1:07 am Great haunt! 0 0 Reply
- Lehry T. October 30, 2022, 7:34 am Amazing staff, quick lines, and great actors. 10 out of 10 would go again. I highly suggest it for anyone looking for some excitement around Halloween. 0 0 Reply
- Nicole K. October 30, 2022, 7:05 am The actors’ make up was cheap looking. The lines moved fast bc it sucked! Not scary! And..they dnt allow you to video or take photos as if it’s so scary that you’ll give away all their non scary secrets! That’s why the private so reasonable. Save your money 0 0 Reply
- Entertainment Centers in Houston
- Phobia Haunted Houses - BW-8 & Kemah Boardwalk
Entertainment centers Cullen Boulevard
- Christia V. Adair Park TX 77047, 15107 Cullen Blvd
- Haze Hookah Bar & Lounge TX 77047, 13310 Cullen Blvd Ste B
- Off The Wall Media & Entertainment TX 77047, 13233 Cullen Blvd
Parks in Houston
- Crestmont Park Hilltop TX 77047
- Sims Bayou Park TX 77033, 5534 Lakefield Dr
- Law Park ll TX 77048, 6177 Scarlet Dr
- Swimming pool
- Hookah lounge
- Flying clubs
- Hot air balloon rides
- Helicopter ride
- Helicopter rental
- Amusement rides
- Obstacle course
- Virtual reality rides
- Motorboat rental
- Boat rental
- Jet ski rental
- Boat storage
- Yacht storage
- New Year's Eve decoration service
- Wedding planning
- Birthday party planning
- Holiday decorating service
- Onsite marriage registration
- Kid's parties and events planning
- Event planning
- Animal rental
- Corporate events planning
- Firework show
- Rent of a training hall
- Bike rental
- Skate rental
- Snowboard rental
- Moped rental
- Sports equipment rental
- Electric bike rental
- Party bus rental
- Add your business
- Request content removal
- About Nicelocal
- Nicelocal in other cities
- Blog for business
- Found a mistake? Let us know by pressing Ctrl+Enter
Phobia Haunted Houses - BW-8 & Kemah Boardwalk
Haunted house in Southeast Houston, Houston
Write a review of phobia haunted houses - bw-8 & kemah boardwalk.
Address 5250 S Sam Houston Pkwy E, Houston, TX 77048
Plus Code HMX7+7F Southeast Houston, Houston, TX
Experience Phobia Haunted Houses - BW-8 & Kemah Boardwalk
More Places around Southeast Houston, Houston
William P. Hobby Airport
Known for: Fixed-wing aircraft
Known for: Food
The Parking Spot 1
Known for: Sign
Houston Marriott South at Hobby Airport
Known for: Rooms, Food & drink
The Original Kolache Shoppe
Bakery and Cake Shop
Known for: Food & drink, Take-out, Display case
The French Fry House
Known for: Food & drink, Take-out, Garlic bread
The Parking Spot Monroe
The Parking Spot 2
Courtyard by Marriott Houston Hobby Airport
Courtyard Houston Hobby Airport locations, rates, amenities: expert Houston research, only at Hotel and Travel Index.
Courtyard Houston Hobby Airport, Hotels, Travel Weekly
Settle in for a comfortable stay in South Houston in the rooms and suites at Courtyard Houston Hobby Airport, featuring free Wi-Fi, plush bedding and ...
Courtyard Houston Hobby Airport, Marriott
A free roundtrip airport shuttle, a grocery/convenience store, and a coffee shop/cafe are just a few of the amenities provided at Courtyard by Marriott Houston ...
Courtyard by Marriott Houston Hobby Airport, Expedia.com
Located just 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the airport, Courtyard by Marriott Houston Hobby Airport offers a free shuttle (available 24 hours). Guests can visit the ...
Courtyard by Marriott Houston Hobby Airport, Hotels.com
Offering free 24-hour shuttle service to nearby William P. Hobby Airport, this hotel is just off Interstate 45, within driving distance of downtown Houston, ...
Courtyard by Marriott Houston Hobby Airport, Booking.com
Take advantage of the services and hotel amenities offered by Courtyard Houston Hobby Airport, including free Wi-Fi and a free airport shuttle to Houston ...
8 HAUNTS! BW 8
(713) 526-dead, 2 haunts kemah boardwalk, does phobia take credit cards.
Phobia has an ATM on site.
What are the hours and will Phobia close while I have tickets left?
Click here for dates and times . You must arrive early to see multiple attractions. Allow 15-20 minutes per attraction. Closing times are estimates only, but we will close even if you have tickets remaining - so come early and use them or lose them, baby!
Do you have group rates?
Yes, we have discounts for groups of 25+ when purchased in advance. Click here for pricing info and purchase online to receive the discount.
Do you have V.I.P./Speed-pass tickets for cuts in line?
Nope. Don't need them. Phobia has separate free-standing attractions. Our lines go very fast and speed-passes are a costly waste.
Other haunts say they have 4 or 5 attractions & it's only 1 or 2 fairly big ones. What's up w/Phobia?
Phobia is huge. Separate haunts, separate lines, see one or two, see as many as you want! All free-standing and very different. Packed with staff and cool animatronics. Just ask someone who's attended. Phobia is the real deal!
Is your haunt wheelchair accessible?
Not completely, but many of our attractions are accessible. Just park close to the ticket booth to unload the chair.
Will they touch you?
No. Don't touch us or our stuff. We won't touch you, but we might get close...
Does Phobia take reservations?
No. Just buy tickets and enjoy the Phobia experience. First come, first served. So come early!
Does Phobia have security on site?
Yes. We have uniformed police officers and plain clothes security staff.
Is it scary? Age limits? Discounts for little ones?
Yes, Phobia is intense and scary. Children under 12 need to be accompanied by a parent. No really young kids, please. No refunds, so don't even try.
Which house is the scariest?
Duh, it's Phobia! It's all scary! Why would we make a lame one?
Does Phobia sell beer?
No. We don't like drunks either.
No, never. Don't buy the ticket if there is any doubt.
Can I take pictures inside or use a flashlight?
No. Please leave the camera and flashlights at home.
How many friends can enter at the same time?
6 - 8 in a group is ideal.
Any special clothing required?
No flip-flops, high heels, etc. Please leave your purse and fine jewelry at home, too.
When is the best time/day to attend?
Early in the evening is ideal - at the opening bell. Also, earlier in the season is best - less crowded, etc. I came, I saw, I screamed...I came earlier and screamed more!
Website and content copyright © and ™ Phobia Inc. Phobia Haunted Houses, logos, images and names are the trademarked property of Phobia Inc. and may not be reproduced without permission.
5250 S SAM HOUSTON PKWY E. (BETWEEN 288 & I-45 S.) HOUSTON, TEXAS 77048
Contact us (713) 526-dead [email protected].
Phobia Haunted Houses
Hours updated 1 month ago
Location & Hours
Suggest an edit
8 Kemah Boardwalk
Kemah, TX 77565
You Might Also Consider
Rosenberg Railroad Museum
The Museum offers a unique experience that takes the visitor back in time when trains were the primary mode of transportation in Fort Bend County. Tours are included with admission. Come out to Historic Downtown Rosenberg to enjoy… read more
The Amazing Mr Mike
Videos & Link To Our Google Reviews On Our Website! Mr. Mike has been performing magic shows for kids parties in and around the Houston area since 2002. Ask about our DISCOUNTS! read more
in Magicians, Clowns, Performing Arts
About the Business
PHOBIA Kemah Boardwalk has two killer Haunted Houses. Open weekends in October. …
Ask the Community
Ask a question
Yelp users haven’t asked any questions yet about Phobia Haunted Houses .
- 1 star rating Not good
- 2 star rating Could’ve been better
- 3 star rating OK
- 4 star rating Good
- 5 star rating Great
Select your rating
2 reviews that are not currently recommended
People Also Viewed
Dungeon of Doom Haunted House Kemah
Creepy Hollow Haunted House
Pearland Crawfish Festival
Three Balloons Entertainment
Houston Haunted Houses
Lone Star Flight Museum
Jumping World - Pasadena
1940 Air Terminal Museum
Things to Do
Arts & Entertainment
Haunted Houses Near Me
Other Haunted Houses Nearby
Find more Haunted Houses near Phobia Haunted Houses
Russia Says 2 Drones Hit Buildings in Moscow in Latest Wave of Attacks
The strike was the third in the past week in Moscow, a sign of how no city in Russia or Ukraine appears to be safe from the war. Russia blamed Ukraine, which has yet to comment.
- Share full article
By Andrés R. Martínez and Anton Troianovski
The Russian Defense Ministry said on Sunday that Ukrainian forces had fired at least three drones at Moscow, the latest in a wave of attacks in Russia demonstrating that few places are off limits after more than 17 months of war.
One drone was destroyed in Odintsovo, outside Moscow, the Defense Ministry said, adding that two others struck commercial buildings in the capital after being intercepted by Russian air defenses. There were no injuries , Moscow’s mayor, Sergey Sobyanin, said in a post on the Telegram messaging app, but video footage from Russian state media showed blown-out windows and twisted beams in one of Moscow’s premier skyscrapers.
Ukraine does not typically claim responsibility for attacks in Russia, in an effort to maintain a military advantage and an element of surprise. However, senior Ukrainian officials said last week that recent drone attacks on Moscow were orchestrated by Kyiv.
In his evening address on Sunday, Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelensky, did not explicitly mention the strikes in Moscow but noted that “gradually, the war is returning to the territory of Russia,” including military and “symbolic” centers.
“This is an inevitable, natural and absolutely fair process,” said Mr. Zelensky, who previously promised “retaliation” after two weeks of nonstop Russian bombardment on Odesa , a city on the Black Sea that is both vital to Ukraine’s economy and of great cultural and historical significance.
Ukraine has also been accused of using drones to attack Russian-occupied Crimea — with Moscow claiming on Sunday that a new wave was launched overnight — and oil facilities and military air bases deep inside Russia.
The attacks in Moscow, though they have become more frequent, have so far caused no deaths. They have also been far less extensive than the drone and missile strikes that Russian forces conduct nightly across Ukraine, often hitting civilian areas.
The first drone attacks on Moscow, on the Kremlin compound , came in early May, an assault that American officials said was most likely carried out by one of Kyiv’s special military or intelligence units. They were followed by attacks at the end of that month on a high-end Moscow neighborhood.
In July, there have been at least three drone attacks on Moscow, some coming within blocks of striking military facilities central to the war effort.
The attacks have upended the assumption of people in Moscow, about 500 miles from Ukraine, that the fighting would never touch them. And they have prompted criticism of President Vladimir V. Putin’s management of the war, which has taken an enormous economic toll on Russia and has cost tens of thousands of soldiers their lives .
The skyscraper complex that sustained damage on Sunday, known as Moscow City, is a symbol of Russia’s economic resurgence under Mr. Putin. Its 89th-floor restaurant with panoramic views of Moscow is a draw for the city’s moneyed elite, while its office space houses government ministries as well as finance and tech companies — including cryptocurrency exchanges linked to the illicit dealings of Russian hackers .
A few hours after Sunday morning’s attack, a Ukrainian Air Force spokesman released a statement that neither accepted nor denied responsibility.
“They got what they wanted,” the spokesman, Yuri Ihnat, said on national television. “There is always something flying in Russia, including Moscow. Those who are not affected by the war are now affected, which creates certain moods. Russia can no longer claim it shot down everything.”
Late Sunday, Russian officials said a Ukrainian drone had crashed far closer to the front lines, in the southwestern Rostov region, near where Russia claimed to have shot down two missiles last week .
The regional governor, Vasily Golubev, wrote on Telegram that the drone had damaged a car and the roof of a house in Daraganovka, but there were no immediate reports of injuries. The town is just outside Taganrog, a port city on the Sea of Azov about 80 miles from the front lines. Russian officials said a downed Ukrainian missile injured at least nine people in Taganrog on Friday.
Hours earlier, Mr. Putin attended an annual Navy Day parade in St. Petersburg, the northern harbor city where the Russian president has in recent days hosted African leaders for a summit. Mr. Putin toured the naval parade on a speedboat on the Neva River, accompanied by his defense minister, Sergei K. Shoigu, who had just returned from a rare visit to North Korea .
Several African leaders in town for the summit, including Burkina Faso’s Capt. Ibrahim Traoré, who seized power in a coup last year , also attended the parade.
In a speech, Mr. Putin, as he frequently does, compared the Russian naval forces involved in the invasion of Ukraine with their predecessors who helped defeat the Nazis in World War II.
“In the name of Russia, our seamen are giving all their strength, showing true heroism, fighting with honor, as our great forefathers,” Mr. Putin said.
Ukraine has recently claimed responsibility for a series of bold attacks last year and was accused last week by Moscow of firing missiles into Russia, potentially signaling a more aggressive Ukrainian effort to expand the war.
These attacks come while Ukraine is intensifying its efforts in the south as part of its counteroffensive , using newly trained soldiers and new weapons — provided by the United States and Europe — to push past Russian soldiers who have spent months building a well-fortified defense. The campaign, which has been slow, has also included more consistent drone and missile strikes in Crimea, which is crucial to Russia’s war efforts and which it illegally annexed in 2014, to try to destroy weapons, ammunition and fuel supplies.
Russia’s Defense Ministry said in a separate statement early Sunday that it had intercepted 25 Ukrainian drones targeting Crimea overnight. The claim could not be independently verified.
At the same time, Ukraine’s Air Force said that Russia had launched four attack drones overnight at the Kherson and Dnipropetrovsk regions of southern Ukraine. It said in a post on Telegram early Sunday that all of the drones had been intercepted. Those claims also could not be independently verified.
In the north of the country, two people were killed and 20 others were wounded when a Russian missile hit a building on Saturday in Sumy, the City Council said in a statement.
Matthew Mpoke Bigg contributed reporting.
Andrés R. Martínez is a senior editor for The Times in Seoul, responsible for coverage of live news in Asia. He previously worked at The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg News and The Monitor in McAllen, Texas. More about Andrés R. Martínez
Anton Troianovski is the Moscow bureau chief for The New York Times. He was previously Moscow bureau chief of The Washington Post and spent nine years with The Wall Street Journal in Berlin and New York. More about Anton Troianovski
Our Coverage of the War in Ukraine
The Future of Ukraine : The European Union and NATO have promised a path to membership for the country . But real partnership will hold risks and benefits .
Photos : Photographers with The New York Times and other news organizations have been chronicling the war , capturing a slice of how soldiers and civilians have experienced it. Our photographers say some images will never leave them .
Defying Isolation: After the invasion of Ukraine, the West tried to cut Russia off from the rest of the world. But wealthy Russians continue to rely on a network of middlemen to circumvent the restrictions .
A Wartime Partnership: The alliance between President Biden and President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine has become critical to the world order .
Zelensky’s Rise: The Ukrainian president, once brushed off as a political lightweight, has become a household name , representing his country’s tenacity.
How We Verify Our Reporting
Our team of visual journalists analyzes satellite images, photographs , videos and radio transmissions to independently confirm troop movements and other details.
We monitor and authenticate reports on social media, corroborating these with eyewitness accounts and interviews. Read more about our reporting efforts .
- Moscow Tours
- Customized tours
- Moscow for kids
- Evening activities
- Moscow evening activities
- St Petersburg evening activities
- Day trips out of Moscow
- Golden Ring tours
- St Petersburg tours
- Russian tour destinations
- Package tours
- Moscow highlights
- Travel Tips
- Upcoming group tours
- Moscow events
Ghost Tour of Moscow
- Why were the actors afraid to spend the night in the Pushkin Theatre?
- What soviet politician regularly comes to his house in an invisible car?
- What is the most haunted place of Moscow and why?
- Where can you see the ghost of a woman who killed more than 100 girls with her own hands?
- International edition
- Australia edition
- Europe edition
Drone hits Moscow tower housing ministries for second time, says mayor
Russian defence ministry blames Kyiv for attack as Ukrainian presidential adviser says Kremlin should expect ‘more war’
- Russia-Ukraine war – latest news updates
A high-rise building in Moscow housing Russian government ministries has been hit by a drone for the second time in three days, the city’s mayor has said, as a Ukrainian presidential adviser said the Kremlin should expect more drone attacks and “more war”.
The Russian defence ministry said two drones were destroyed by air defence systems in the Odintsovo and Naro-Fominsk districts near Moscow in a fresh wave of attacks on Tuesday, while it claimed a third was jammed and went “out of control” before it crashed in the Moscow City business district, a cluster of glass skyscrapers that was built to show Russia’s growing integration into world financial markets. The ministry blamed Ukraine for what it called an “attempted terrorist attack”.
Photos and video showed that a drone had ripped off part of the facade of a modern skyscraper, IQ-Quarter, 3.4 miles (5.5km) from the Kremlin, which houses staff from several ministries, including Russia’s ministry of digital development, communications and mass media.
“The facade of the 21st floor was damaged. The glazing of 150 sq metres was broken,” the Moscow mayor, Sergei Sobyanin, said in a Telegram post, adding that no injuries had been reported.
Ukraine has not formally admitted it was behind the strikes on Sunday and early on Tuesday, though they appear to be part of a growing strategy to bring home the consequences of Vladimir Putin’s war to Russia’s civilian population.
The Ukrainian presidential adviser Mykhailo Podolyak suggested in a tweet on Tuesday that the Russian capital, whose residents have largely been able to ignore the devastation being meted out on a daily basis in Ukraine, was experiencing payback.
“Moscow is rapidly getting used to full-fledged war, which, in turn, will soon finally move to the territory of the ‘authors of the war’ to collect all their debts. Everything that will happen in Russia is an objective historical process.
“More unidentified drones, more collapse, more civil conflicts, more war …” he wrote .
Russia’s economy ministry said its employees were working remotely after the latest attack. Moscow’s Vnukovo airport was also temporarily shut and flights redirected.
The Moscow City district towers, often unoccupied at night, are located further from the Kremlin than other highly defended government targets such as the ministry of defence, where Russia had stationed a Pantsir S-1 air defence system on the roof last year, and present a large, tall target.
In a video address on Sunday, the Ukrainian president, Volodymr Zelenskiy, made the same point as Podolyak as he said the war was coming home to Russia after three drones were shot down over Moscow.
“Gradually, the war is returning to the territory of Russia – to its symbolic centres and military bases. This is an inevitable, natural and absolutely fair process,” Zelenskiy said.
The attacks on Tuesday marked at least the fifth time that unmanned aerial vehicles have reached the Russian capital since May, when two drones came down over the Kremlin. Moscow and its surrounding area are more than 500km from the Ukrainian border and the conflict there.
While the damage so far has been relatively minor, the attacks appear designed to show up Moscow’s vulnerability to drone warfare. Ukrainian bloggers on Tuesday ironically repeated claims made in April by the commander of Russia’s air defences, Lieut Gen Andrey Demin.
“There is hardly a better sky shield anywhere in the world than Moscow,” Demin assured a Russian newspaper.
The Russian defence ministry said on Tuesday that it had also foiled a Ukrainian drone attack targeting patrol boats in the Black Sea.
The attack on Moscow came as Russia launched its own drone strike, on Kharkiv, Ukraine’s second-largest city, injuring one person. Five Iranian-made Shahed drones were deployed, Ukrainian officials said.
Two floors of a college dormitory were destroyed and set on fire as Russia targeted “densely populated” areas of the north-eastern city, the mayor, Ihor Terekhov, said on Telegram on Tuesday, adding that three explosions had been heard in the city.
The chief of police in Kharkiv, Volodymyr Tymoshko, said there were two night-time strikes – one on the college and one on the city centre. One person was injured in the city centre.
It was unclear whether anyone was in the college building when it was struck, with local media initially saying it was empty and later reporting one person had been inside.
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Science & Tech
- Russian Kitchen
Top 13 places in Russia where you may face a ghost
1. Kusovnikov House in Moscow
In the 19 th century house № 17 on Myasnitskaya street in central Moscow was inhabited by a rich, but very greedy couple – Pyotr and Sofya Kusovnikov, who scrimped on almost everything. Extremely suspicious, they used to hide money from their servants in different places. Once they hid some in the fireplace, but the janitor accidentally burned it when lighting the fire. When she found out, Sofya died instantly of a broken heart, her husband passed away a little later. Since then, the ghost of a hunched old man in a coat has routinely appeared on the street near the house – this is Pyotr Kusovnikov mourning his lost money.
2. Sokol metro station
During WWI, not far from the modern Sokol station of the Moscow metro, a cemetery for fallen soldiers was located. In 1918, mass executions of White officers and priests by the Reds were held there. All this led to the appearance of ghosts in the dark tunnels of the station. Early in the morning diaphanous figures with festering wounds can be seen there.
3. St. Michael’s Castle in St. Petersburg
This castle was a royal residence built by order of Tsar Paul I. On March 21, 1801, he was killed there by a group of conspirators. It is considered that the restless spirit of the tsar was unable to leave the castle. It appears there in the corridors with a burning candle in its hand.
4. Znamenskaya Tower in Yaroslavl
During the Civil War in Russia (1917-1922), a group of White troops held positions in the Volkovsky theater in Yaroslavl. The Red commissar in command of the siege promised to spare their lives. However, he lied and all the Whites were executed at the Znamenskaya Tower. Since then, the ghost of the commissar who didn’t keep his promise has been seen at the place of his crime.
5. Igumnov House in Moscow
The house at 43 Bolshaya Yakimanka Street in Moscow, also known as “Igumnov House,” serves today as the residence of the French ambassador. It was built at the request of the industrialist Nikolay Igumnov in the late 19 th century. He settled his young mistress here, but one day caught her with a lover. The lover was kicked out, but the girl was never seen again. It is believed that the outraged Igumnov bricked her up in a wall. During Soviet times, people often saw the ghost of a young girl walking through the walls with deep, plaintive sighs.
6. House of Rasputin in St. Petersburg
The flat on the second floor at 64 Gorokhovaya street in St. Petersburg is today a usual residential apartment. However, in the early 20th century it was home to one of the most mystical figures in Russian history – Grigory Rasputin. His ghost sometimes appears here, scaring inhabitants with its clunking steps and grunting in dark corners.
7. House on the Embankment
This house at 2 Serafimovicha Street, simply known as “House on Embankment,” is among the most famous in the Russian capital, known as the place of residence for the Soviet crème de la crème : writers, artists, actors, generals, athletes. However, it also has a dark history. During the Great Purge, a campaign of political repressions in the USSR, dozens of the house’s inhabitants were arrested and executed. Today, the house is full of the ghosts of those victims, who sometimes appear in their old dwelling place.
8. Tower of the old hospital in Ryazan
Among the high-rise modern buildings at 15 Gorky Street in Ryazan is an old tower – all that remains of the old hospital. At night, a lonely dark figure can be seen walking in this tower. This is the ghost of Alexander Smitten, who administered the hospital more than a century ago.
9. Griboyedov Canal in St. Petersburg
During a misty night in March, one can see the ghost of a young girl near the Griboyedov Canal in St. Petersburg. Her face is blue because of asphyxiation, and there is a big red mark on her neck caused by a rope. This is famous revolutionary Sophia Perovskaya, who assassinated Tsar Alexander II and was hanged for her deed. To meet this ghost is a bad omen, and can cost nocturnal pedestrians their lives.
10. Nizhny Novgorod Kremlin
There is a legend that when the Kremlin in Nizhny Novgorod was being built, the constructors were unable to finish one of the towers. It kept falling down. In the end, they decided to make a sacrifice and to build the tower on the blood of the first person who passed by. It happened to be a pregnant woman hurrying to the river for water. She was seized and bricked up in the tower alive. The ghost of a pale woman holding a baby has appeared near this place ever since.
11. Oldenburg Palace near Voronezh
Built in the late 19th century, the palace belonged to Princess Eugenia of Leuchtenberg. Today her ghost rises from the deep casemates of the palace to wander through its rooms and corridors. There is also another ghost there, much older — the ghost of a young peasant girl. It is even said that Princess Eugenia saw it when she was alive.
12. Stalin’s country house near Sochi
Stalin’s ghost can be seen at his country house, located today within the Green Groove hotel near Sochi. The “father of the nations” walks in his white jacket, smoking his trademark pipe.
13. Psychiatric hospital near Nizhny Novgorod
Near the modern psychiatric hospital in the village of Lyakhovo near Nizhny Novgorod, one can see an abandoned old building. Several dozen years ago a young girl hanged herself there because of unrequited love. At night it is possible to see a white silhouette and hear the moaning and cries of the “love-stricken schoolgirl” as the locals call her.
And if you want to see a UFO, here are several places in Russia where you will have a chance.
If using any of Russia Beyond's content, partly or in full, always provide an active hyperlink to the original material.
to our newsletter!
Get the week's best stories straight to your inbox
- Lost at sea: 3 creepy Russian ghost ship stories
- 5 famous ghosts that you might meet on the streets of Moscow
- These Russian ghost towns will give you the heebie jeebies
By selecting "Allow", you consent to the use of these cookies and other tracking technologies.
PHOBIA BW8 - 8 HAUNTS TICKETS
Phobia haunted houses (bw-8).
ONLY VALID AT BW-8
TAKE THIS TO TICKET BOOTH - SCAN FOR ACTUAL TICKET
ARRIVE EARLY FOR MULTIPLE ATTRACTIONS
* Does not include convenience or handling fees.