Weapons and Items
*My apologies for the "fuzziness" of the pictures. Although I use Adobe ImageReady to decrease picture sizes, GNG and GNG2 pictures that underwent the "decreasing" process did not come out slightly fuzzy. I must assume that this is a function of ZSNES in its snapshot phase.
Click on Arthur to go back to the Main Page
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
- View history
- 3.1 Game Boy Advance Port
- 4 Main Characters
- 6 Enemy Bosses
- 12 External links
In his dying breath, Lucifer says that he will not be completely gone and swears that he will eventually revive and return to reign the world. Before this would happen, Arthur decides to travel in search of a weapon powerful enough to completely extinguish Lucifer. While seeing Arthur off in his journey, Princess Prin Prin was sure that Arthur would someday return, and the people began the reconstruction of the damaged castle and town.
After 4 years and some months, the town was crowded with people who celebrate the complete reconstruction. Arthur, hearing about this in a neighboring country, rushes back to the kingdom. With the town rebuilt and reuniting with Arthur for the first time after years, the princess was full of joy and the two tightly embraced each other.
But at that time... The princess is suddenly taken away to the Demon Realm . Arthur was surprised, as it was too early for Lucifer's revival, but realizes it must not be him, and someone else must be responsible for the Demon Realm's reappearance and the princess' abduction. Taking his Lance , Arthur departs alone to the Demon Realm in order to rescue the princess and stop this new menace.
Gameplay [ ]
In Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, the player once again assumes the role of the knight Arthur, with new weapons and abilities available. Featuring enhanced graphics and sound over its predecessor, Arthur now has the ability to double jump, adding a whole new level of strategy to the game. However, unlike in Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Arthur no longer has the ability to attack upwards.
After it was released on the SNES, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts later on had been included in the Capcom Generation Vol. 2 compilation that was released on PlayStation and Sega Saturn. Later on it was also released on the Capcom Classics Collection on the PlayStation 2 and the Xbox. The PlayStation Portable compilation Capcom Classics Collection: Reloaded also included the game.
The SNES version of the game was released on the Wii Virtual Console on March 5, 2007 in North America.
Game Boy Advance Port [ ]
The Game Boy Advance version, known as Chōmakaimura R in Japan, has an "Arrange" Mode. It included remakes of levels from the first two games. For more information about this version of Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts head here .
Main Characters [ ]
- Arthur , the valiant knight.
- Princess Prin Prin , the damsel in distress.
Enemies [ ]
- Skull Flower
- Coral Cannon
- Fire Killer
- Red Arremer Ace
- Petite Goblin
- Skull Flower Multi
- Blue Killer
- Flying Knight
- " Cockatrice Head "
Enemy Bosses [ ]
- Cockatrice and its offspring Miniwing .
- Storm Cesaris
- Death Crawler
- Sardius (Samael)
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts map
- Stage 1 - The Dead Place
- Stage 2 - The Rotting Sea
- Stage 3 - Vermilion Horror
- Stage 4 - The Ghoul's Stomach
- Stage 5 - The Deep Chill
- Stage 6 - The Castle of the Emperor
- Stage 7 - Hallway of Ghouls
- Final Stage (E) - The Throne Room
Weapons [ ]
- Flaming Lance
- Magic Dagger
- Magic Crossbow
- Magic Torch
- Magic Scythe
- Goddess' Bracelet
Underwear : After taking a hit, Arthur's armor will shatter, leaving him in only his boxer shorts. In this state, he is more vulnerable, as one more hit will kill him. If he was wearing the Green Armor or Gold Armor, his weapon goes back to its basic state. Arthur can go back to wearing the Steel Armor if he manages to find it in a treasure chest.
Steel Armor : This is Arthur's standard armor. It is a simple steel armor that protects the knight from one hit from his enemies. He starts the game with this armor. Should the player die, they will also restart with this armor, and it is automatically regained if the boss of the level is defeated while Arthur is in his underwear.
Bronze Armor : Also called the Green Armor, it can be obtained from a treasure chest when Arthur is wearing the Steel Armor. In addition to protecting Arthur from one hit, it also upgrades whatever weapon the knight is currently using.
Golden Armor : This is the best kind of armor that can be found in the game, and it can only be found in a treasure chest while Arthur is wearing the Green Armor. This final upgrade allows the player to use magic by holding the attack button. The magic that Arthur can cast varies depending on the weapon he's using. It usually comes with a Moon Shield, which not only protects Arthur from a single hit from his enemies while he's standing still (It is ineffective when he is moving), but also shortens the time required to charge magic.
Shields [ ]
- Moon Shield
External links [ ]
- Chōmakaimura Virtual Console official site
- Chōmakaimura R official site (archive)
- 1 Ghosts 'n Goblins
- 2 Firebrand
- 3 Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
- Fantasy Games
- Action Games
- Run and gun Games
- Horror-themed Games
- PlayStation Games
- Saturn Games
- Game Boy Advance Games
- PlayStation 2 Games
- 1991 video games
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
- View history
It is the sequel to the arcade games Ghosts 'n Goblins and Ghouls 'n Ghosts . Although it is still a very difficult game, it is comparatively much easier than its predecessors. The player can regain lost armour usually from the first chest after getting hit and the time limit is greatly increased to five minutes to reach the checkpoint, a stark contrast to the original's two minutes and Ghouls 'n Ghosts ' three and a half. Also, the default number of lives can be raised up to nine in the options menu.
- 2.2 Enemies
- 3.1.1 A Knight's Quest - (From the UK SNES manual)
- 5.1 SNES Version [Staff]
- 6.1 Enemies and bosses
- 6.2 Box art
- 6.3 Merchandise
- 8.1 Ghosts 'n Goblins Series
Gameplay [ ]
The game is largely similar to its predecessors, though it is based more on Ghouls 'n Ghosts . In the game, Arthur can upgrade to the Bronze armor which allows him to unleash a special magic attack by charging the attack button. A new ability of Arthur's is the double jump. While he still can't change directions in mid-air, he can while doing the second jump.
Also, this time around is the addition of new weapons. The Bow and Arrow which allows Arthur to shoot two arrows at once and at slightly different angles, and the Scythe, which flies along the ground.
There is a jester similar to the wizard that hides in treasure chests from Ghosts 'n Goblins , and he'll transform Arthur into something different depending on what he is wearing: an infant (no armor), a seal (Steel armor), a bee (Bronze armor), or a little girl (Gold armor).
Sticking with tradition, players have to beat Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts twice in a row with a special item before being treated to the true ending.
Characters [ ]
Japanese cover art.
- Astaroth - in his original form, and as Nebiroth.
- Satan - Appears briefly at the game's beginning.
Enemies [ ]
- Red Arremers
- Flying Knights - Returning from the original game.
- Zombies - In this version of the game, the zombies rise out of the ground inside of their coffins and then attack.
- Wolves - This creature of the night usually roams around in packs looking for dinner. They either jump around or run right after the player.
- Skull Flower - Flaming pillars topped with skulls that shoot fireballs in the Haunted Graveyard stage.
- Eyeball Clams - These minor enemies are similar to the Green Monster plants from the first two games. One hit may kill them, but they can send out tidal waves that try to sweep Arthur away and can even spit out their eyes.
- Spores - Puffy orange organisms that explode when Arthur is directly under them. They can be destroyed with a projectile weapon.
- Skull Carts - Mobile flaming annoyances that come rolling at Arthur as the land elevation continuously shifts.
- Ghosts - These apparitions first appear in the Graveyard of Ships, materializing out of wispy winds that seem to eerily float throughout the landscape. They move pretty quick, and can change directions often. Ghosts sometimes carry pots, which they drop if destroyed.
- Killer Fish - Sea creature that usually pops up directly behind or in front of the player. These pests returned in Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins .
- Mimics - Just when Arthur thinks he's got his hands on some treasure, the chest begins shaking and out comes a pink demon. They can only be killed when they leave the safety of their chests.
- Spiked Fish - While trying to jump from raft to raft and avoiding columns of coral, Arthur must avoid these deadly inhabitants of the Sea of Despair.
- Red Devils - In the Crucible of Flame, these tiny pests rise from the lava, hover for an instant and then zip toward the player like missiles. They must be destroyed on sight.
- Gririans - These bear-like monsters blow out up to five fireballs in one breath.
- Red Bats - Enemies that come from either side of the screen. They sometimes carry pots.
- Cyclops Goblins - In the Towers of Molten Steel area, these nuisances will come out of the wall of the tower and drop down on Arthur. They carry spears.
- Genie Ghouls - Arthur encounters these apparitions in the Ghoul's Stomach area. They carry axes.
- Jesters - These nasty guys will sometimes pop out of treasure chests and transform Arthur into a different form that leaves him nearly helpless.
- Woos - The Gririans' cold-blooded cousins have a chilling breath. They possess the power to create a blizzard, and appear in snowy conditions.
- Cockatrice - The Stage 1 Boss, the Cockatrice is a monstrous bird-creature who births hatchlings called Miniwings. The Miniwings will attack anything that comes near its parent. Players must beware its long neck.
- Giant Barnacle - The Sea of Despair's boss (Stage 2), the Giant Barnacle rides on a whirlpool created with its own tentacles, giving chase to the player while attacking with many hard-shielded calamari that act like torpedoes. Once it is defeated, the waterfall behind it opens, allowing Arthur to proceed.
- Death Worm - The Stage 3 Boss, the Death Worm is a huge centipede that can levitate and disintegrate itself due to its strange matter. It ensnares its prey, cutting its escape routes, then shoots an array of poisonous, sticky shots that fly back and forth like a boomerang.
- Hydra - The Stage 4 Boss, the Hydra is the three-headed monstrosity of the Ghouls' Stomach.
- Freon - The Stage 5 Boss, Freon, the King of the Arctic Mountains, is a giant ice sculpture that comes to life. It was made by Sardius presumably to guard his castle. He has four arms, but his legs will shatter at the start of the battle.
- Sardius ( Samael in Japan) - Responsible for Satan's kidnapping of the Princess, Sardius is highly resistant to attacks and will shoot multi-directional laser beams and floating platforms from his body. Only Guinevere's ring, a secret weapon left dormant through the ages, has the power to defeat Sardius and return peace to the land.
Introduction [ ]
A knight's quest - (from the uk snes manual) [ ].
"All hail, dauntless knight Arthur! Years ago, you quelled the terrifying phantoms of the Ghoul Realm who hexed the earth, and rescued Princess Guinevere. Since that time, you've journeyed far over the world seeking the powerful weapons of White Magic.
But now the kingdom is shrouded under an eerie spell. Sardius, the Emperor of Evil, has snatched Princess Guinevere away to the slimy crypts of the Phantom Zone. The Ghoul Realm has revived, and the Creatures of the Undead haunt the land.
Once again, you must survive the dangerous journey into the depths of the Ghoul Realm. You'll swat at horrible ectoplasms and ghouls whose touch is deadly. Vampires will swirl around your head. Voracious plants will snap at you, hungry for bones to gnaw. The earth will crack, the seas will swell, and the fiends of darkness will engulf you.
Your courage and skill will keep you moving through overwhelming terrors. And on the path, a mighty weapon---Magic, awaits! Buckle on your sword, Arthur. It's time to begin the quest!"
The game is set four years after Arthur rescued Princess Guinevere from the demon Lucifer . They are engaged, and are about to get married. While spending a quiet moment, Guinevere is suddenly kidnapped by a demon.
Players once again control the knight Arthur in his effort to save his bride from the Ghoul Realm. This time, the ruler of the Ghoul Realm is the Demon Emperor Sardius. Sardius, along with Lucifer, was one of Satan's co-conspirators against God himself. He and Lucifer were banished from Heaven for supporting Satan during those unstable times. During the Satan-Arthur and Lucifer-Arthur wars, he was commander of Hell's internal security detachment. He never saw combat, as both previous wars occured in the occupied territories of Camelot.
Hell was left intact. Both his predecessors were weakened from their defeats, and he finally saw a chance to rule. He was able to capture Lucifer's remaining power before he imploded, and stripped Satan of his immortality to strengthen his own power. As a token of goodwill, he appointed Satan General Supreme of his armies. Sardius is unaware of Satan's conspiring, but he holds a firm grip on power.
- To avoid religious criticism, the crosses in the Japanese game were modified into the Ankh symbol in the North American and European versions. However the crosses in the middle and furthest background remains unaltered.
Credits [ ]
SNES Version [Staff] [ ]
Planner: Hyper Mickey , Patriot Yamazou Actor Designer: Patriot Yamazou, Tall Nob, Hyper Bengie Background Designer: Junchan , Natsuchan , Chiechan , Ryutaro's Mama , Katsukun Programmer: M30, Machan , Yamadacchi Music Composer: Mari Sound Composer: Bull , Ike-Bomb Special Thanks: Cho‑Suke, Take‑Pon, and Capcom All Staff Producer: Professor F Presented by: Capcom
Gallery [ ]
Enemies and bosses [ ].
Box art [ ]
Merchandise [ ]
External links [ ]
- Wikipedia article
- Ghosts 'n Goblins wikia article
- Sega Retro article
- Title at Moby Games
- Title at Gamefaqs
Ghosts 'n Goblins Series
Ghosts 'n Goblins • Ghouls 'n Ghosts • Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts • Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins • Gargoyle's Quest • Gargoyle's Quest II • Demon's Crest • Makaimura for WonderSwan • Maximo: Ghosts to Glory • Maximo vs. Army of Zin • Arthur to Astaroth no Nazomakaimura • Geki Makaimura • Ghosts 'n Goblins Gold Knights • Ghosts 'n Goblins Gold Knights II
- 1 Leon S. Kennedy
- 2 Claire Redfield
- 3 Sherry Birkin
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts
Images & Screenshots
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts News
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts Review
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts looks fine and sounds better, but it's one of the hardest video games you'll ever play.
By Ryan Davis on April 4, 2007 at 6:07PM PDT
Regardless of whether it went under the name Ghouls 'N Ghosts or Ghosts 'N Goblins, one of the defining characteristics of Capcom's playfully macabre 2D side-scroller has been a hair-singeing level of difficulty. Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System is arguably the hardest game in the entire series, a trait that can lead to either demoralizing frustration or a supreme sense of satisfaction, depending on your feelings toward unbridled masochism. There's no denying the constantly inventive gameplay design or the quality production values, but Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts is a seriously tough game that's not for everyone.
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts for the SNES was essentially a boosted version of Ghouls 'N Ghosts, which itself was a sequel to Ghosts 'N Goblins. But all of these games have the same basic setup: Playing as the knightly Arthur, you must travel through a series of spooky environments brimming with zombies, ghosts, demons, and other paranormal apparitions to save your betrothed from a big, ugly demon. Armed initially with an apparently infinite supply of lances to throw, basic silver armor, and the ability to double-jump, you'll find treasure chests that can contain new weapons, such as scythes, crossbows, daggers, torches, axes, and more, as well as special armor upgrades that can improve your weapon's effectiveness.
While the game draws from familiar horror conventions for its look and feel, what makes Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts so terrifying is its level of difficulty. When wearing his suit of armor, Arthur can only be hit twice; one hit knocks him down to his Skivvies and another hit turns him into a clattering pile of bones. Even on the easiest difficulty level, you are faced with an unrelenting number of enemies that will constantly spawn around you. The upside of this is it keeps you moving because you're more likely to be overcome by monsters if you just stand still. There are also plenty of forced movement areas that require crackerjack timing to make it through the level. The game is stingy with the checkpoints, which just exacerbates the inherent trial-and-error quality of the gameplay.
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts is an easy game to admire from afar. Though it suffers from some extreme slowdown, the art direction is distinct. The game makes great use of the various parallax scrolling and Mode 7 scaling and rotation effects native to the SNES hardware. The soundtrack is catchy, evocative, and memorable. Whether that's worth 800 Wii points to you will depend on just how much abuse you're willing to take.
- Leave Blank
- Distinct visual style
- inventive gameplay
- catchy music
- It's really, really hard
About the Author
More GameSpot Reviews
Use your keyboard!
Log in to comment
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts
- Super Nintendo Entertainment System
- Game Boy Advance
- New Nintendo 3DS
- PlayStation Portable
- PlayStation Network (PSP)
- Nintendo Switch
The third game in the classic Ghosts 'n Goblins series sees the valiant knight Arthur once again embarking on a brutally difficult quest to rescue his beloved from demonic forces.
Summary short summary describing this game..
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts last edited by AlexB4tman on 02/11/22 02:11AM View full history
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts is the third entry in Capcom's long-running Ghosts 'N Goblins franchise. It is an action- platformer originally released in 1991 exclusively for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System . Like its predecessors, the game is famous for its high level of difficulty and features the heroic knight Sir Arthur on a brand-new quest to save his beloved Princess Guinevere from the clutches of the mighty demon-king Sardius (or Samael in the Japanese version).
The gameplay of Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts is similar to that of run-and-gun side-scrolling action titles such as Contra , albeit with a larger focus on platforming . Arthur begins wearing his standard Steel Armor, which shatters after a single hit, leaving Arthur only in his underwear ; a second hit ends his current life. In contrast to the previous game, Ghouls 'N Ghosts , Arthur can no longer fire his equipped weapon vertically up or down.
New to this entry in the Ghosts 'N Goblins series is the ability to double-jump . Although Arthur still jumps in a fixed arc, he can now execute a second jump that allows him to gain extra height or even change his trajectory in mid-air. This gameplay mechanic adds an extra level of challenge to basic platforming beyond that of the series' previous games.
Weapons & Magic
Arthur begins the game with the straightforward Lance projectile weapon; several other weapons can be equipped throughout the game, each with their own unique properties. Acquiring the new Bronze Armor upgrade increases a weapon's damage, while the Golden Armor upgrade also allows Arthur to charge up for a magic attack that affects a larger area of the screen.
- Lance - Fires a single lance straight ahead. Upgrades to the Flaming Lance for additional damage. Thunder Magic fires a vertical magic bolt from the top of the screen towards Arthur's position, which then splits horizontally to the left and right for additional damage.
- Dagger - Fires a single dagger straight ahead. Weaker than the Lance, but can also be fired more quickly. Upgrades to the Magic Dagger that deals increased damage and leaves a damaging trail behind. Fire Dragon Magic creates a flaming dragon that sweeps around the screen in a counter-clockwise pattern.
- Axe - Fires a single Axe that slowly moves straight ahead in a looping pattern. Upgrades to the Hefty Axe which fires slightly upward before moving forward in a wave pattern for greater damage. Lightning Magic fires energy beams outward in eight directions.
- Crossbow - Fires twin bolts in an up-diagonal trajectory. Upgrades to the Magic Crossbow that fires three homing projectiles. Seek Magic reveals any chests hidden nearby.
- Torch - Lobs a single torch in a short forward arc; upon impact with the ground, a line of damaging flames extends across the surface. Upgrades to the Magic Torch that increases the residual flames' size and damage. Fireball Magic creates three magic spheres that orbit around Arthur, causing damage on contact.
- Scythe - Fires a scythe straight ahead which can optionally be fired down-diagonally. Upgrades to the Magic Scythe for increased damage. Tornado Magic creates twin tornadoes that swirl around to Arthur's right and left sides.
- Tri-Blade - Fires a blade that travels in an "L"-shaped pattern before returning to Arthur's position. Upgrades to the Shuriken for additional damage. Nuclear Magic creates an energy sphere that raises up from Arthur's position before splitting into two horizontal bolts travelling left and right.
- Goddess' Bracelet - Only available on the second playthrough, this special weapon can be obtained by opening certain chests while wearing the Golden Armor. It fires a large blast of energy straight ahead for a short distance, and its range increases with the Golden Armor equipped. However, the Bracelet cannot be charged for a magic attack.
Arthur's Golden Armor comes equipped with the Moon Shield , which can deflect a single enemy projectile before shattering. While he has the Moon Shield equipped, Arthur may also discover the upgraded Sun Shield capable of deflecting up to three projectiles. Additionally, these two shields decrease the time required to execute a special charge attack, with the Sun Shield providing the fastest charge.
The game features seven full Stages, each of which is divided into two areas. Reaching a stage's second area will create a checkpoint , retaining Arthur's progress up through the halfway point of the Stage. The final Stage is much smaller and only exists as a single chamber to hold Sardius, the final boss .
Stage 1: The Dead Place
Arthur's adventure begins in The Haunted Graveyard , a zombie -infested cemetery prone to sudden earthquakes that cause the terrain to shift around unexpectedly; this Stage also pays heavy homage to the first level of the original Ghosts 'N Goblins and includes a new arrangement of its background music. Past the graveyard lies a coastal area where gigantic tidal waves carve away at what little land remains. Arthur can traverse these narrow footholds to arrive at the overgrown Forest of Fear , where exploding plant buds and rolling traps must be avoided to reach the Cockatrice boss at the stage's end.
Stage 2: The Rotting Sea
Arthur heads out to sea and enters The Graveyard of Ships , a fleet of sunken sailing vessels patrolled by ghosts . Crossing the rapidly-deteriorating structures leads to The Sea of Despair , where turbulent waters, jagged coral and a host of aquatic demons threaten to sink Arthur and his tiny raft. At the end of the area, the Giant Barnacle must be defeated in a sea battle to reach the next stage.
Stage 3: Vermilion Horror
The heat turns up in the Crucible of Flame , a demonic refinery filled with lava and guarded by fearsome fire-breathing enemies. Descending through the slag pits and across a molten lake, Arthur reaches the Towers of Molten Steel , where Arthur's longtime nemesis Firebrand is encountered for the first time in the game. Past the dizzying towers, the Death Crawler boss waiting here spins and attacks with a hail of stones, but it is defeated relatively easily.
Stage 4: The Ghoul's Stomach
Somehow, Arthur ends up inside of an enormous living creature in this Stage. The first Stomach area makes use of the SNES' sprite rotation capabilities to rotate the entire screen several times, opening new paths as the level shifts. The second area inside the Intestine consists of a few moving platforms that sway side-to-side as they drift through intermittent plumes of toxic gas. The exit is guarded by a three-headed Hydra boss.
Stage 5: The Deep Chill
Fell winds howl through the Ice Forest , a gnarled mass of frozen vines patrolled by frost-breathing monsters. Scaling the icy growth, Arthur discovers a cave that leads through the gigantic Ice Wall surrounding Sardius' domain. Footing here is treacherous, with sudden avalanches and packs of ferocious wolves slowing progress to a crawl. After a long upward climb, Arthur battles a being of pure ice known as Freon before finally entering the castle.
Stage 6: The Castle of the Emperor
A trio of Firebrands greet Arthur just inside the Castle's entrance; players must defeat all three in rapid succession before reaching Astaroth , the final boss of the original Ghosts N' Goblins .
Stage 7: Hallway of Ghouls
The penultimate Stage features a harrowing gauntlet of Cockatrice heads, tiny imps and ghosts. Astaroth appears once again for a rematch at the end, but after his second defeat he transforms into the powered-up Nebiroth for one last showdown. In classic Ghosts 'n Goblins fashion, players that manage to complete the game's seventh stage are told by Guinevere that they cannot defeat the final boss without obtaining a new hidden weapon, the Goddess' Bracelet. The player is sent back to the first stage where they must complete the game a second time; players are also required to equip the Goddess' Bracelet before reaching Sardius, the game's final boss.
Final Stage (E): The Throne Room
The final battle against Sardius takes place in this large chamber. The demon king towers above Arthur like a colossus, forcing players to hitch a ride on a floating platform while dodging Sardius' lasers in order to strike at the weak point on his head.
Edit Image Title
Embed image, what size image should we insert (this will not affect the original upload), how do you want the image positioned around text, link to giant bomb content.
You can search for any Giant Bomb content.
Link to a page
Insert table, embed tweet.
Enter the URL for the tweet you want to embed.
Pick a List
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:
Comment and Save
Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.
Thanks, we're checking your submission.
Use your keyboard!
Log in to comment
We will keep fighting for all libraries - stand with us!
Internet Archive Audio
- This Just In
- Grateful Dead
- Old Time Radio
- 78 RPMs and Cylinder Recordings
- Audio Books & Poetry
- Computers, Technology and Science
- Music, Arts & Culture
- News & Public Affairs
- Spirituality & Religion
- Radio News Archive
- Flickr Commons
- Occupy Wall Street Flickr
- NASA Images
- Solar System Collection
- Ames Research Center
- All Software
- Old School Emulation
- MS-DOS Games
- Historical Software
- Classic PC Games
- Software Library
- Kodi Archive and Support File
- Vintage Software
- CD-ROM Software
- CD-ROM Software Library
- Software Sites
- Tucows Software Library
- Shareware CD-ROMs
- Software Capsules Compilation
- CD-ROM Images
- ZX Spectrum
- DOOM Level CD
- Smithsonian Libraries
- FEDLINK (US)
- Lincoln Collection
- American Libraries
- Canadian Libraries
- Universal Library
- Project Gutenberg
- Children's Library
- Biodiversity Heritage Library
- Books by Language
- Additional Collections
- Prelinger Archives
- Democracy Now!
- Occupy Wall Street
- TV NSA Clip Library
- Animation & Cartoons
- Arts & Music
- Computers & Technology
- Cultural & Academic Films
- Ephemeral Films
- Sports Videos
- Videogame Videos
- Youth Media
Search the history of over 863 billion web pages on the Internet.
- Wayback Machine (iOS)
- Wayback Machine (Android)
- Explore the Collections
- Build Collections
Save Page Now
Capture a web page as it appears now for use as a trusted citation in the future.
Please enter a valid web address
- Donate Donate icon An illustration of a heart shape
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts (SNES)
Emulation item preview.
Share or Embed This Item
Flag this item for.
- Graphic Violence
- Explicit Sexual Content
- Hate Speech
- Misleading/Inaccurate/Missing Metadata
plus-circle Add Review comment Reviews
Uploaded by archiver52799 on August 8, 2023
SIMILAR ITEMS (based on metadata)
- News Archive
- Community History
- Community Database
- Submit Files
- Submit News
- Queue Status
- Public Maintenance
- The Scratchpad
- Online ROM Patcher
- Online ROM Hasher
- Latest Documents
- Latest Utilities
- Latest Translations
- Latest Hacks
- Latest Reviews
- Advanced Search
- About this Site
- Getting Started
- RHDN Policy
- Contact Staff
- Undub Patch Sakura Wars V (Wii) Addendum | WII
- GFF + FF3 Sprite Backport Compatibility Patch Addendum | NES
- Super Mario RPG: Armageddon (Easy Mode) Addendum | SNES
- Mario Kart Super Circuit - SNES Battle Course Restoration Improvement | GBA
See More Hacks...
- Silent Hill Origins Indonesian | Fully Playable | PS2
- Blackthorne Portuguese | Fully Playable | SNES
- Bandit Kings of Ancient China Spanish | Unfinished | NES
- Mother 1+2 German | Fully Playable | GBA
See More Translations...
Newest utilities, see more utilities..., newest documents, see more documents..., newest reviews.
- Megaman 1 - The New Lands Remastered - EXCELLENT Hacks | Megaman 1 - The New Lands Remastered
- Megaman 1 - The New Lands - GOOD Hacks | Megaman 1 - The New Lands
- Final Fantasy 6 as I imagined it Hacks | Final Fantasy VI - A Soldier's Contingency (Extended Bestiary Edition)
- Way more challenging and fun than the original gba game Hacks | Final Fantasy I DoS Maeson
See More Reviews...
Featured hack images.
- Protoman: The Red Bomber Improvement | NES
- Mega Man Legends Bug Fix Bug Fix | PSX
Featured Translation Images
- Mahou Kishi Rayearth English | Fully Playable | SNES
- Double Dragon Turkish | Unfinished | NES
Recent Forum Posts
- NES Metroid HD Pack Personal Projects Today at 07:48:16 AM
- [GB] Mega Man II GB/Rockman World 2 Music Improvement V2 Personal Projects Today at 05:17:11 AM
- Hack Ideas And Requests 2024: Championship Edition ROM Hacking Discussion Today at 05:09:40 AM
- Translations: Brazilian Portuguese Translation of Pokémon Blue, Red and Yellow News Submissions Today at 01:00:13 AM
See More Forum Topics...
- Super Mario RPG: Armageddon (Easy Mode) Hacks Minor formatting corrections.
- Roll-chan 3 Hacks Replaced video link
- Gopicolo Community Photo
- Gopicolo Community This is me
See More Changes...
Super ghouls 'n ghosts, super nintendo.
- FLAG AS NONCOMPLIANT
Behold, the bane of many gamers’ existence; Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts. The third game in the Ghosts ‘n Goblins series, Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts is somewhat of a pseudo-remake/sequel to the original arcade Ghouls ‘n Ghosts. As in the aforementioned titles, you take up the role of Sir Arthur, who must once again save Princess Prin Prin from Emperor Samael, the new demon antagonist introduced in this game.
With several long, grueling stages ahead of him, Arthur can break open chests to collect various weapon to replace his standard javelin (such as throwing scythes and the fast knife) and armor upgrades that can not only power up his current weapon, but also enable a special charge-up attack with varying strength. Unfortunately, as with the tradition of Ghosts ‘N Goblins, one hit will break off Arthur’s armor to expose him in bare boxers. Getting hit again will instantly reduce Arthur to a pile of bones, so try to find replacement suits of armor in those chests!
Another infamous tradition featured in Super Ghouls ‘N Ghosts is this; once Arthur reaches the castle, he must repeat the journey a SECOND time to find a special item to destroy the final boss. The item to find this time is the Goddess Bracelet, a weak weapon that, if not collected, renders the player unable to beat the game.
Still, it’s a HUGE improvement over the original Ghosts ‘N Goblins ported to the NES. If you want a true Super Nintendo game that will challenge your 2-D platforming skills to the max, you should give Super Ghouls ‘N Ghosts a shot.
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts/Stage 7
Table of Contents
- Treasure chests
Stage 7 [ edit ]
This stage is somewhat longer and more difficult than the last one but you should take heart since you are very close to finishing the game. Jump around at the beginning to reveal a chest and then climb the ladder. A Fairy will likely appear out of the wall therefore you should quickly climb up or down and kill it before it hits you. Whenever they appear you should stand as far away as you can without going up or down a screen and hit it when it starts flying around.
When you climb the ladder kill the Cockatrice Head on the left and jump onto the ledge. Climb the ladder there and defeat the Cockatrice Head on the right. Double jump to the other side and kill the Fairy that will appear out of the wall. You will probably have to jump back to the platform below to kill it without getting hit. Continue upwards once it’s gone and defeat the next Cockatrice Head on the right. You can either kill it from the top or the bottom.
Walk to the right and open the chest that should automatically appear. A Red Gargoyle will be waiting for you on the ledge ahead but there are no platforms where you can hit it easily. If you have the Crossbow you will be simple to kill it, otherwise you will have to wait for it to dive at you and then hit it. Jump and grab the Money Bag and another chest should appear beside the other one you got awhile ago and then climb the ladder on the right.
There will be two Cockatrice Heads at the top and they will shoot out slow- moving fireballs at you. Destroy them one at a time and avoid the fireballs by ducking and not jumping if you can help it. There will be quite a few fireballs flying at you and you might have trouble dodging them if you jump around. Head left and the walls will disappear as you climb the ledges to the ladder at the top. The smoky swirls means that Ghosts will flood the next area.
Jump up the ledges on the right and then jump onto the slanted platform at the end. You can also drop off the side of this platform to get a chest. Kill the Ghosts and the Mimics on each of the platforms. The Ghosts will appear frequently but if you kill them when they appear you’ll be all right. Walk to the right when you reach the top and jump off the side to the ladder. Climb the ladder and you’ll be in the clear, at least until you reach the boss at the end.
Stage 7 Boss - Asteroth/Nebiroth [ edit ]
Asteroth will make another comeback here but it attacks exactly the same way as before. Follow the same strategy as before and he will die soon enough. After you defeat him he will transform into Nebiroth, a much powered-up version of Asteroth. The laser attack is transformed into a wide laser that will take up a good deal of the screen. You have to hide in the lower portion of the floor or duck under the laser to avoid it. The flame attack will also have a much longer range. That means you really have to keep away from him this time. Still, it’s basically the same as the fight with Asteroth. Stay away and hit him as much as you can – it will take awhile to defeat him but you can do with without much difficulty if you’re careful.
The Goddess Bracelet [ edit ]
When you defeat Nebiroth the first time, you will get a message from the princess saying that you won’t be able to defeat Sardius without her bracelet. Therefore, you will have to start the game from the beginning again and make your way back to Nebiroth with the bracelet. Darn it. The game will also be harder the second time around because the bracelet isn’t that good of a weapon and the difficulty level will be raised. If you defeat Nebiroth the second time without the bracelet you will get sent back to the beginning of stage 6 again.
- PlayStation 3
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 5
- Xbox Series
- More Systems
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts – Cheats
Super nintendo game boy advance playstation 3 xbox 360, despawning enemies, invincibility glitch, use armor enhance weapons in your boxers. gba, easter eggs, additional bonus message clearing stage, arrange mode new ending gba, secret items, secret chest, know something we don't.
You can submit new cheats for this game and help our users gain an edge.
Have We Been Fooled?
You can submit a problem report for any non-working or fake code in the lists above.