‘Ghost Whisperer’: Okay, who cried?
Melinda gives birth to her son Aiden at the start of Season 5. A ghost appears five years later and claims that Aiden is her son. Melinda crosses this ghost over. The following episode features a ghost who sends chain emails to bring about bad things. This episode features a ghost with their mouth and eyes stitched shut. This ghost has yet to be seen again.
Aiden, Melinda’s son, starts to discuss ghosts known as Shinies and spirits known as the Shadows. The Shadows are after the Book Of Changes. They are constructed from the pieces that ghosts leave behind when they cross over. They are evil. The Shinies, also known as crossed-over spirits of children, are The Shadows’ adversaries. In the end, Aiden helps the Shinies defeat the Shadows, and everything returns to normal.
Update: Season 5 Scoop!
Ghostly whispers about next season (yes, next!), include: Dr. Jim (?! ), the “Book of Changes,” a particular baby’s unique talents, and perhaps a Grandview space-time continuum!
Melinda defeats Romano to assist Andrea and many other ghosts from the plane crash cross over after losing her friend and business partner in the crash.
Rick Payne, an occult professor, frequently assists Melinda with a bothersome ghost without her knowledge until she informs him of her talent. She also meets widow Delia Banks and her son Ned. Melinda invites Delia to replace Andrea as her business partner after a few episodes and confides in Ned about her talent. In the episode Delia’s First Ghost, Melinda reveals to Delia her gift while attempting to seduce Delia’s husband. Delia, who is skeptical of anything out of the ordinary, gradually starts to believe Melinda.
Events that take place throughout the season demonstrate that the “veil” between the living and the dead is thinning. The earthbound spirit of Paynes’ wife reveals to Gabriel Lawrence, a second ghost whisperer, that evil forces “are trying to make the dead stronger than the living.” She discovered that she might have a brother from her deceased father in the season finale. She had passed away briefly when a tower of poles collapsed upon her before she realized this. Four children help revive her (as noted under “Abilities”). When she regains consciousness, she is shocked and says, “I think I have a brother.” Gabriel is glaring at her very angrily from a distance as she turns to look around.
Melinda is Finally Pregnant
- Can You Get Pregnant When Not Ovulating? – Knix
- Does Mucinex D Help You Get Pregnant?
- Is It Safe To Tan While Pregnant
- Lightening: When your baby will drop, and what it feels like
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- Ghost Whisperer
- Main Protagonist
- Edit source
- View history
The series follows the life of Melinda Irene Gordon, who can see and communicate with the dead. Trying to live as normal a life as possible, she is married and owns an antique store with her best friend, Andrea. Melinda helps earthbound spirits resolve their problems and cross over into the light, or the spirit world. Her tasks are difficult and at times she struggles with people who push her away and do not believe in her gift. In addition, the ghosts are mysterious and sometimes menacing at first, and Melinda must use the clues available to her to understand the spirits' needs and help them.
Early Life [ ]
Melinda was born to Beth Gordon and Paul Eastman both of whom were mediums, like her. Melinda has been able to see ghosts since she was a little girl. Her grandmother told her about their abilities, and that Melinda's mother doesn't like their gifts because it scares her. Later on, Melinda met her husband, Jim, when her apartment building was on fire and had to be evacuated from the building. Melinda sees the ghost of an elderly woman whose husband is still inside. Melinda tells Jim that there is still a man inside, and even though he doesn't fully believe her, he goes inside and double-checks. He finds the man still breathing, and the man's wife. The wife is relieved that her husband is safe, and can cross over. Jim sees Melinda walking, and he gets off his fire truck to walk with her. After they met, they eventually got married and moved to Grandview, New York where Melinda opened a small antique shop, named "The Same As It Never Was" Antiques. She met and became friends with Andrea Marino, who came to share management responsibilities of the store with Melinda. Eventually, Melinda gained enough trust in Andrea to tell her about her ability.
Powers and Abilities [ ]
Mediumship: A hereditary gift, Melinda was born with the ability to see and communicate with earthbound spirits and uses this ability to help them crossover into the Light, however, there are a few that remain earthbound for many reasons. Spirits can give her visions of the past and future to give her information on what is keeping them earthbound, some scarier than others, due to some spirits forgetting various things from their name, families, and even their identity to the point that this and other things can reflect on how a spirit presents itself to her. She must give loved ones closure while the spirits find their peace and can move on. Her abilities have even been able to interact with technology, as she was able to pull a ghost out of a computer that was existing inside of an online chat game and was even able to enter the game world to confront them. Meredith is also possibly able to see ghosts in photographs as when she saw the glare on her wedding pictures she knew it was Dan, whether she saw him or had common sense is unknown. Her powers also might be unique amongst ghost whisperers as when the 1800s bloody ghost from Grandview said powerful, he could’ve been saying that he's finally strong enough to have caused the cave-in, although he might’ve caused others as well, or he might’ve been calling her powerful, something that supports this was when her ancestor Tessa said that other ghost whisperers have come to help but have died as well, and her stepfather backed this up as well.
Psychometry: It is revealed that Melinda is capable of a form of Extrasensory Perception, where she receives visions about the history of an object by touching said object.
Intense Energy: If a spirit(s) pushes too much of its energy onto Melinda it can overwhelm her to the point of passing out.
- Melinda loves anchovies on her pizza.
- Melinda didn't know how to cook when she met Jim.
- Melinda bought her first car with the babysitting money she made in high school.
- Melinda graduated from Hillridge High School and went to college in Washington State.
- Melinda played field hockey in high school and wore braces when she was seventeen.
- Melinda likes chick flicks and horror movies (though the latter scare her a lot).
- Melinda had a red umbrella turn inside out on her first date with Jim. He replaced it on the fifth anniversary of that encounter.
- Melinda knows nothing about sports except for field hockey having played it in high school.
- Melinda is allergic to Ho-Hos.
- Melinda doesn't like her birthday or Halloween, but loves Christmas.
- Melinda's biggest fear is being studied for her gift.
- 1 Jim Clancy
- 2 Andrea Marino
- The Ghost Whisperer
- The Ghost Whisperer News
- The Ghost Whisperer Reviews
- The Ghost Whisperer Spoilers
- The Ghost Whisperer Watch Online
- The Ghost Whisperer Episode Guide
The Ghost Whisperer Quotes
- The Ghost Whisperer Cast
- The Ghost Whisperer Pictures
The Ghost Whisperer Videos
Follow the ghost whisperer.
- The Ghost Whisperer Baby Daddy Update: Who Knocked Up Melinda?
Melinda Gordon is knocked up. This is one Ghost Whisperer spoiler that was leaked as soon as we all saw shots of Jennifer Love Hewitt on set with a baby bump . So, who is the child's father? Jim or Sam? According to an interview the series creator gave E! Online, all signs points to... Jim. "Do the math: less time has passed for our characters than has passed in the broadcast calendar," said P.K. Simonds. "Basically, time slowed down in the aftermath of the big events at the beginning of the season. [The 12 episodes] since Jim died have taken less than 12 weeks in terms of Jim and Melinda's lives."
Wait... so So might Melinda have been pregnant this entire time without realizing it? "Sometimes you don't notice something like that," Simonds said. "Especially going through what she's gone through - the cycles [can be] interrupted by traumatic events." Wow. TMI, dude.
Matt Richenthal is the Editor in Chief of TV Fanatic. Follow him on Twitter and on Google+ .
Delia: Did you just offer to give a ride to a ghost? Melinda: Only because she doesn't know she's dead. Permalink: Did you just offer to give a ride to a ghost? Only because she... Added: December 20, 2008
Eli: I know you're gonna say I got ahead of myself reaching out to the brother who probably killed his little sister; manslaughtered, murdered, take your pick. Melinda: How about you start a phone call with can you talk or this a bad time? Eli: No, I want you to pick one, seriously. Permalink: I know you're gonna say I got ahead of myself reaching out to th... Added: December 12, 2008
The Ghost Whisperer Photos
- January 2024
- 2023 Archives
- 2022 Archives
- 2021 Archives
- 2020 Archives
- 2019 Archives
- 2018 Archives
- 2017 Archives
- 2016 Archives
- 2015 Archives
- 2014 Archives
© 2024 TV Fanatic
- Web Channels
- Ghost Whisperer
- Episode Guide
Ghost Whisperer - Episode Guide
Episode: 1x01 | Airdate: Sep 23, 2005
Melinda Gordon has always had the ability to see and talk to dead people. These earth bound spirits, the ones who have yet to cross over to the other side, seek Melinda's help in communicating with the living and resolving unfinished business.
Episode: 1x02 | Airdate: Sep 30, 2005
Melinda helps a boy reassure his mother that his death was not her fault, while also preventing the boy's father from seeking revenge on the man who sold them the broken down car that took part in his death.
Episode: 1x03 | Airdate: Oct 7, 2005
When a teenage psychiatric patient, Natalie, escapes, her rebellious ghost twin asks Melinda for help, claiming Natalie doesn't belong in the clinic. Their parents placed her there for believing she can still feel Zoë's presence.
Episode: 1x04 | Airdate: Oct 14, 2005
Melinda agrees to help a deceased fiancé communicate with his grieving fiancé and find the man who received his heart donation, in an effort to bring closure so they can both move on.
Episode: 1x05 | Airdate: Oct 21, 2005
When Melinda and Andrea are hired to auction off furniture from an inn that was recently sold, Melinda encounters the mischievous ghosts of three young boys who refuse to leave the inn.
Episode: 1x06 | Airdate: Oct 28, 2005
A year after a teenage boy, Jason Shields, dies in a freak accident after discovering he was adopted, Melinda must help him find his birth mother before he can crossover.
Hope and Mercy
Episode: 1x07 | Airdate: Nov 4, 2005
When a young woman dies following a routine procedure in the operating room, Melinda uncovers the truth that the doctor is secretly suffering from dementia and made a mistake during the women's operation that caused her death.
On the Wings of a Dove
Episode: 1x08 | Airdate: Nov 11, 2005
When Jim starts behaving uncharacteristically, Melinda learns Jim is being haunted by the ghost of an ex-con, Julian Borgia, who has been attached to Jim ever since Jim was unable to save Julian's life in route to the hospital.
Episode: 1x09 | Airdate: Nov 18, 2005
Soon after Melinda's car is stolen by a troubled teenage boy, Kirk Jensen, Kirk's dead mother, Lacy, sends Melinda messages through Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP)or "white noise" in her car radio and other electronics.
Episode: 1x10 | Airdate: Nov 25, 2005
A young bride-to-be is haunted by the dead wife, Ursula, of her fiancé before their upcoming wedding. Melinda learns Ursula died in a car crash on the way to her wedding reception with Mark, and now she can't bear to see Mark marry someone else.
Episode: 1x11 | Airdate: Dec 9, 2005
When an up and coming boxing sensation is haunted by the ghost of his mother, whose death caused a rift between him and his father, Melinda must broker peace between them before the mother can crossover.
Episode: 1x12 | Airdate: Dec 16, 2005
While Andrea prepares to do standup at a nearby comedy club that is closing its doors, Melinda encounters a troubled dead stand-up comedian (Marty Golden), who is haunting the old comedy club, along with other dead comics.
Friendly Neighborhood Ghost
Episode: 1x13 | Airdate: Jan 6, 2006
Melinda's mysterious new neighbor is haunted by an old classmate's dead grandfather, who suspects Tom kidnapped and killed his granddaughter.
Episode: 1x14 | Airdate: Jan 13, 2006
The ghost of an executed prisoner seeks Melinda's help in uncovering a contract for his valuable paintings before they're sold and his estranged daughter and struggling artist doesn't see a penny of what the contract says she is entitled to.
Melinda's First Ghost
Episode: 1x15 | Airdate: Jan 27, 2006
When Melinda's first ghost reappears, her presence triggers Melinda to remember when she first discovered her "gift" and the strain it put on her relationship with her mother, who couldn't understand what Melinda was going through.
Dead Man's Ridge
Episode: 1x16 | Airdate: Feb 3, 2006
When the ghost of Andrea's friend starts haunting her, Andrea learns that he was hospitalized in a hiking accident and every time he flat lines, his ghost tries to give clues to the location of his brother, who went missing during their hike.
Episode: 1x17 | Airdate: Mar 3, 2006
When Melinda and Andrea help a workaholic fashion designer, Christine, auction her belongings, Melinda discovers Christine and her baby daughter's nanny are being haunted by the malicious ghost of Christine's son, Daniel.
Episode: 1x18 | Airdate: Mar 10, 2006
When a traveling carnival comes to Grandview, Melinda encounters the revengeful ghost of a magician (Edward), who thinks his death during an underwater escape stunt wasn't an accident.
Episode: 1x19 | Airdate: Mar 31, 2006
The ghost of an African American man attacked and killed during a fight with a white co-worker in the 1970's, haunts the former prosecutor turned judge who didn't file charges against the white co-worker even though he had good reason to.
Episode: 1x20 | Airdate: Apr 7, 2006
When Melinda falls and injures her head, she wakes up to a world without ghosts and fears she has lost her "gift".
Episode: 1x21 | Airdate: Apr 28, 2006
When the heat goes out at Melinda's house and shop, and Melinda gets strange visits from a flight attendant ghost who complains of being cold, Melinda welcomes the ability to help a ghost again but can't make sense of the messages she is being sent.
Episode: 1x22 | Airdate: May 5, 2006
Following the jetliner crash just outside of Grandview, Melinda tries to get the confused ghost passengers to crossover, but she encounters an evil spirit who is working against her to keep the ghosts earthbound for "work" he has to do.
Love Never Dies
Episode: 2x01 | Airdate: Sep 22, 2006
Melinda is greatly concerned when it seems that Andrea is being influenced by "Wide Brim." She goes to Professor Rick Payne, an expert in occult beliefs and history, to see if he can identify "Wide Brim" in order to win the battle for her friend's fate.
Love Still Won't Die
Episode: 2x02 | Airdate: Sep 29, 2006
Melinda is haunted by the spirit of a young man who wants her to visit his wife, Donna, to make amends.
Episode: 2x03 | Airdate: Oct 6, 2006
Melinda must find out why the spirit of a 6-year-old girl who drowned in the family swimming pool is unwilling to cross over.
The Ghost Within
Episode: 2x04 | Airdate: Oct 13, 2006
Melinda encounters a ghost that doesn't appear to see or hear her and seems to be attached to a box of handmade ornaments that Delia insists Melinda buy.
A Grave Matter
Episode: 2x05 | Airdate: Oct 20, 2006
While visiting Andrea's grave, Melinda runs into a spirit who has been buried in someone else's grave. Melinda tries to seek out the spirit's real name, while also trying to locate the man whose name is on the spirit's grave.
The Woman of His Dreams
Episode: 2x06 | Airdate: Oct 27, 2006
Prof. Payne helps Jim to identify a ghost, and when Melinda comes back home, she and Jim must help the ghost's younger sister, who seems to be following in the dangerous footsteps of the ghost.
A Vicious Cycle
Episode: 2x07 | Airdate: Nov 3, 2006
Melinda encounters the spirit of a woman who died in a snowstorm 20 years ago after her car slid off a road in a heavily wooded area. The woman wants Melinda's help in finding her young daughter who was in the car with her the night of the accident.
The Night We Met
Episode: 2x08 | Airdate: Nov 10, 2006
Melinda tries to help an angry ghost clear his name when she sees him in a restaurant that is burning down for the second time.
The Curse of the Ninth
Episode: 2x09 | Airdate: Nov 17, 2006
Melinda tries to help a former rock star named Brandon who is apparently being harassed by his father's ghost because he wanted his son to be a classical musician.
Giving Up the Ghost
Episode: 2x10 | Airdate: Nov 24, 2006
Melinda has an encounter with an angry ghost at a high school baseball game. Matt, the angry ghost of a former pro-baseball player who died in a terrible car accident, tries to posses Justin Cotter, a young pitcher.
Episode: 2x11 | Airdate: Dec 15, 2006
An eerie, mud-covered ghost transports Melinda from her house to an exotic jungle, but the ghost is unfortunately limited in speech due to a horrible condition, making it hard for Melinda to understand how she can help him.
Dead to Rights
Episode: 2x12 | Airdate: Jan 5, 2007
When Melinda has a hard time talking to the newest ghost in her life, she soon learns that the reason why he visited her is because he is in a coma.
Episode: 2x13 | Airdate: Jan 12, 2007
A ghost who can recall his previous lives appears to be destined for another reincarnation as the child of Melinda's pregnant friend---but the spirit doesn't want to return and actively seeks to harm the unborn baby.
Episode: 2x14 | Airdate: Feb 2, 2007
When her Jeep breaks down on a deserted road, Melinda gets involved with a mystery when a spirit who looks like a skeleton gives her a warning to stay away from where the road leads.
Episode: 2x15 | Airdate: Feb 9, 2007
Following a career-week presentation at Grandview High, Melinda sees the spirit of a cheerleader attack her former squad-mates.
The Cradle Will Rock
Episode: 2x16 | Airdate: Feb 16, 2007
Melinda's life is put on the line when a desperate spirit leads her to a criminal.
Episode: 2x17 | Airdate: Feb 23, 2007
Melinda is bewildered when she deals with the ghost of Jason Bennett, a man who died 10 years prior before his high school graduation. Jason has inhabited the body of a former classmate who killed himself by walking into traffic.
Children of Ghosts
Episode: 2x18 | Airdate: Mar 30, 2007
When Melinda and Jim take in a foster child, they soon discover that the girl's dead mother is attached to her. With the help of Professor Payne Melinda is able to get the woman to reveal her spirit in order to find out why she hasn't crossed over yet. Also, when Homer the ghost dog spooks Delia's golden retriever, she goes to dog whisperer Cesar Millan for guidance.
Delia's First Ghost
Episode: 2x19 | Airdate: Apr 6, 2007
After seeing Delia's husband's spirit sabotaging Delia's date, Melinda must reveal her identity to Delia in order to help.
Episode: 2x20 | Airdate: Apr 27, 2007
Melinda meets Gabriel, another whisperer with similar abilities. However, her fascination with meeting someone like her turns to fear when she finds a connection between him and Payne's wife.
Episode: 2x21 | Airdate: May 4, 2007
Melinda worries about her loved ones when a ghost shows her visions of a deadly future. Meanwhile, a deadly ghost whisperer continues to lurk around Grandview.
Episode: 2x22 | Airdate: May 11, 2007
Worried that the dark side is overtaking the light, Melinda must solve the meaning behind clues before another tragedy hits Grandview.
Episode: 3x01 | Airdate: Sep 28, 2007
After being haunted by a ghost she believed at first to be her father, Melinda searches deep into her family history after learning that she has a connection to Grandview.
Don't Try This at Home
Episode: 3x02 | Airdate: Oct 5, 2007
The story of "Bloody Mary" becomes all too real for students at Rockford University. Now, Melinda must find answers to the occurrence before another student dies.
Episode: 3x03 | Airdate: Oct 12, 2007
Melinda helps an Iraqi war veteran who can't shake the ghosts that he brought back home with him.
No Safe Place
Episode: 3x04 | Airdate: Oct 19, 2007
While investigating why a spirit is stalking a lawyer at the firm she worked at, Melinda learns some secrets about the lawyer that puts her in a dangerous situation.
Weight of What Was
Episode: 3x05 | Airdate: Oct 26, 2007
While on the hunt for answers, Melinda uncovers an underworld below Grandview.
Episode: 3x06 | Airdate: Nov 2, 2007
Professor Payne is confused when his date, a fellow Rockland professor, refuses to have her picture taken.
Episode: 3x07 | Airdate: Nov 9, 2007
Melinda takes an investigation into her own hands when a young socialite disappears after a man claims to be a medium feeds her family false information.
Episode: 3x08 | Airdate: Nov 16, 2007
Melinda becomes suspicious of a new house that one of Delia's friends bought in the countryside.
All Ghosts Lead to Grandview
Episode: 3x09 | Airdate: Nov 23, 2007
After stumbling across a runaway girl while camping, Melinda soon discovers that the girl has the same gift as she does.
Episode: 3x10 | Airdate: Dec 14, 2007
Melinda gives up spending Christmas with her family in order to aid a man in understanding his ability. In doing so, Melinda is able to show the true giving spirit of the holiday season.
Episode: 3x11 | Airdate: Jan 11, 2008
Melinda must go into the complex world of high school dating and gossip to find the reason behind hauntings at Ned's school.
First Do No Harm
Episode: 3x12 | Airdate: Jan 18, 2008
Melinda has trouble dealing with a ghost who blames Jim for his untimely death. However, when she begins her investigation into the ghost's death, Melinda discovers he is attached to the new doctor in town who he blames for his death.
Home But Not Alone
Episode: 3x13 | Airdate: Apr 4, 2008
Melinda lends a hand to Ned's girlfriend who thinks her deceased father is haunting her.
Episode: 3x14 | Airdate: Apr 11, 2008
After the town experiences a series of break-ins, Melinda must face the town gossip blogger who knows and plans on sharing her secret.
Episode: 3x15 | Airdate: Apr 25, 2008
Melinda heads out to check on a student at a local college who has been haunted after seeing a movie.
Episode: 3x16 | Airdate: May 2, 2008
Melinda helps professor Payne deal with an ex and her 10-year-old son, all while helping put to rest the jealous ghost of his dead wife.
Episode: 3x17 | Airdate: May 9, 2008
Melinda is given the file number of a murder case for which her father was lead prosecutor in 1979. With the file, Melinda sets out to find whether or not the victim's murder or the trial is linked to her father's disappearance. Melinda's father comes back into her life, and she must solve the mystery of where he's been and how it relates to a young ghost who won't cross over.
Episode: 3x18 | Airdate: May 16, 2008
A series of bodily possessions reveals the truth behind Melinda's family, including why her father vanished and why her mom kept the truth a secret.
Episode: 4x01 | Airdate: Oct 3, 2008
Melinda discovers Eli shares her abilities after having a near death experience.
Episode: 4x02 | Airdate: Oct 10, 2008
Melinda is contacted by Grace, a popular former classmate, because she thinks she is being haunted.
Ghost in the Machine
Episode: 4x03 | Airdate: Oct 17, 2008
A ghost haunts an online gaming community and Melinda joins the game to find a way to help the ghost.
Save Our Souls
Episode: 4x04 | Airdate: Oct 24, 2008
On a cruise ship filled with ghosts, Melinda tries to help a ghost looking for the fiancé who wronged her.
Episode: 4x05 | Airdate: Oct 31, 2008
A woman who was accidentally switched at birth dies in surgery.
Imaginary Friends and Enemies
Episode: 4x06 | Airdate: Nov 7, 2008
Melinda tries to calm ghosts causing issues at a wedding.
Episode: 4x07 | Airdate: Nov 14, 2008
While dealing with issues in her personal life, Melinda has difficulty helping a troubled teenage ghost.
Heart & Soul
Episode: 4x08 | Airdate: Nov 21, 2008
After Jim's spirit goes into another body, Melinda tries to help him regain his memory.
Pieces of You
Episode: 4x09 | Airdate: Dec 5, 2008
Melinda helps the ghost of a little girl who has been missing for 12 years and blames her brother.
Ball & Chain
Episode: 4x10 | Airdate: Dec 19, 2008
A confused ghost needs Melinda's help to come to terms with her marriage and cross over.
Life on the Line
Episode: 4x11 | Airdate: Jan 9, 2009
Melinda helps a 14 year boy bring his parents back together so they will discuss the real reason for his death.
This Joint's Haunted
Episode: 4x12 | Airdate: Jan 16, 2009
On a road trip with Jim/Sam, Melinda encounters her fair share of trouble.
Body of Water
Episode: 4x13 | Airdate: Jan 23, 2009
Melinda discovers a local lake is filled with distressed ghosts because their bodies have been dumped there rather than properly cremated.
Episode: 4x14 | Airdate: Feb 6, 2009
Melinda helps a ghost protect her daughter from dating a bad boy.
Episode: 4x15 | Airdate: Feb 13, 2009
Melinda encounters the spirit who died during a sorority initiation ceremony while searching for a girl that's gone missing in the same manner.
Episode: 4x16 | Airdate: Feb 27, 2009
Linus investigates a haunting with high tech equipment while Melinda tells Jim/Sam about her gift.
Delusion of Grandview
Episode: 4x17 | Airdate: Mar 6, 2009
Melinda and Jim/Sam work to understand what's happening in a troubled kindergarten class.
Leap of Faith
Episode: 4x18 | Airdate: Mar 13, 2009
Melinda encounters another "step in" spirit like Jim/Sam.
Thrilled to Death
Episode: 4x19 | Airdate: Apr 10, 2009
A young woman (Hillary Duff) is being haunted.
Episode: 4x20 | Airdate: Apr 24, 2009
Ghosts cause problems for a soap opera filming in town and Melinda and Jim/Sam make a shocking discovery.
Episode: 4x21 | Airdate: May 1, 2009
Melinda discovers a number of ghosts trapped inside a dollhouse.
Episode: 4x22 | Airdate: May 8, 2009
While planning a wedding Melinda also tries to stop vampires from going afer a young woman.
The Book of Changes
Episode: 4x23 | Airdate: May 15, 2009
Melinda gets a visit from a faceless ghost and is given a chilling warning.
Episode: 5x01 | Airdate: Sep 25, 2009
In the fifth-season opener, Melinda gives birth to a boy, who has her gift of seeing the dead.
See No Evil
Episode: 5x02 | Airdate: Oct 2, 2009
A chain e-mail with a malevolent force threatens the residents of Grandview.
Till Death Do Us Start
Episode: 5x03 | Airdate: Oct 9, 2009
Eli's father has a heart attack, and the traumatic event leads Eli to a reunion with his deceased mother who carried a secret to her grave 10 years earlier and hasn't been able to cross over.
Episode: 5x04 | Airdate: Oct 16, 2009
Melinda goes to a hospital morgue that is being haunted by the ghost of a surgeon who is reliving a failed surgery.
Cause for Alarm
Episode: 5x05 | Airdate: Oct 23, 2009
Melinda helps one of Eli's patients who thinks his sister's ghost is haunting him. Meanwhile, Jim and Melinda are concerned when Aiden mentions his new friends, who are something other than ghosts.
Head Over Heels
Episode: 5x06 | Airdate: Oct 30, 2009
The headless horseman from Washington Irving's "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" comes to life and haunts Melinda, and she fears for Aiden when the book shows up at his school.
Episode: 5x07 | Airdate: Nov 6, 2009
Jim thinks that one of his colleagues could be involved in a med student's disappearance; and Melinda worries when Aiden mentions that he's afraid of "the shadows."
Episode: 5x08 | Airdate: Nov 13, 2009
A ghost takes Melinda to his murdered body, entangling Melinda in a criminal mystery.
Lost in the Shadows
Episode: 5x09 | Airdate: Nov 20, 2009
Melinda worries about Aiden when he's befriended by the ghost of a girl who died from leukemia.
Episode: 5x10 | Airdate: Dec 4, 2009
Melinda investigates when the ghost of a high-school student claims a policeman murdered him. The teen's death was ruled to be the result of a skateboarding accident.
Episode: 5x11 | Airdate: Jan 8, 2010
The Grandview radio station is haunted by a ghost seeking revenge over a broadcast in which secrets regarding his death were revealed.
Blessings in Disguise
Episode: 5x12 | Airdate: Jan 15, 2010
A family hides a secret that Melinda must discover before it destroys the family, and also destroy a young couple who have recently fallen in love.
Episode: 5x13 | Airdate: Jan 29, 2010
A ghost haunts a patient in the hospital.
Episode: 5x14 | Airdate: Feb 5, 2010
Ned's occult-anthropology professor (Margaret Cho) is stalked by a secret-admirer ghost.
Episode: 5x15 | Airdate: Mar 5, 2010
A ghost tells Melinda about a secret munitions dump containing unexploded bombs, and then reveals that one of the bombs is missing and that someone will die as a result.
Old Sins Cast Long Shadows
Episode: 5x16 | Airdate: Mar 12, 2010
Melinda rescues a child ghost who has been trapped in a house for years by violent spirits.
On Thin Ice
Episode: 5x17 | Airdate: Apr 2, 2010
A ghost controls the pen of a graphic novelist and creates violent scenarios that come true.
Episode: 5x18 | Airdate: Apr 9, 2010
A ghost dressed as a clown haunts Melinda, and she discovers that he was a private investigator, but she needs to learn more about his last case in order to give the spirit closure.
Episode: 5x19 | Airdate: Apr 30, 2010
A ghost makes an accusation against a nanny, claiming she's evil, but Melinda needs more than the ghost's word, so she sets out to investigate the situation.
Episode: 5x20 | Airdate: May 7, 2010
Melinda helps the ghost of a boy who was kidnapped, but her life is threatened in the process.
When a fun night out turns dangerous for three teens, Melinda investigates an unsolved kidnapping that may put her in more danger than she anticipated.
Episode: 5x21 | Airdate: May 14, 2010
When the ghost Melinda is trying to help suddenly turns up alive, she finds herself in the middle of a dangerous revenge plot and battling enemies she was unaware she had.
The Children's Parade
Episode: 5x22 | Airdate: May 21, 2010
In the fifth-season finale, Melinda confronts a poltergeist in the hospital, initiating a final battle with the forces that threaten Melinda and her son.
A List of the Episodes in Season 4 of 'Ghost Whisperer'
Tragedy and then happiness for Melinda and Jim
lincolnlt2001/Flickr.com/CC BY 3.0
- Shows For Kids
Season 4 of Ghost Whisperer finds Melinda (Jennifer Love Hewitt) dealing with tragedy after Jim is killed in a tragic accident. However, when his spirit leaps into a dying man's body, she's presented with a new round of challenges when the man, Sam, survives with no memory of who he is. She receives help in her effort to win him back from new friend Eli, a local college professor who develops the ability to hear (but not see) ghosts after a near-death experience.
Episode No. 63
Summary: After Jim rescues him from a fire at the college, professor Eli James develops the ability to hear ghosts — but not see them. He's haunted by a student with a history of setting fires.
Episode No. 64
Title: "Big Chills" Summary: After one of her high school friends dies, Melinda reunites with classmates and uncovers some dark secrets they've been keeping.
Episode No. 65
Title: "Ghost in the Machine" Summary: Melinda hunts down a ghost who is targeting young girls on a social networking website.
Episode No. 66
Title: "Save Our Souls" Summary: While on a romantic getaway, Melinda stumbles upon a ghost who wreaks havoc on a newlywed couple.
Episode No. 67
Title: "Bloodline" Summary: Melinda investigates the sudden death of a high school athlete whose ghost is following a family that is not hers.
Episode No. 68
Title: "Imaginary Friends and Enemies" Summary: Melinda plays a game of hide-and-seek when a child's make-believe friend causes havoc during a wedding party for Jim's friend, and Melinda attempts to calm the ghosts running amok.
Episode No. 69
Title: "Threshold" Summary: Melinda must deal with the ghost of a teenage girl while coming to grips with Jim's death — and his ghost.
Episode No. 70
Title: "Heart & Soul" Summary: While she and her mother-in-law grieve over the loss of Jim, Melinda befriends an amnesiac and tries to help him regain his memory while being tormented by a ghost that wants revenge on her.
Episode No. 71
Title: "Pieces of You" Summary: Melinda discovers the secret behind a girl who has been missing for 12 years.
Episode No. 72
Title: "Ball & Chain" Summary: Melinda helps a ghost who must come to terms with her marriage in order to cross over.
Episode No. 73
Title: "Life on the Line" Summary: Melinda helps a family that is in distress after a bizarre accident. Meanwhile, Delia wishes she was still a skeptic after she experiences her first ghost.
Episode No. 74
Title: "This Joint's Haunted" Summary: Melinda embarks on a road trip with Sam, hoping they will connect, but he hopes to reunite with his ex-fiancee. Delia deals with the ghost of a former high school classmate who has a negative influence on Ned.
Episode No. 75
Title: "Body of Water" Summary: After a number of bodies are discovered in a lake, Grandview suffers from a mass haunting. Meanwhile, Sam's ex-comes to town.
Episode No. 76
Title: "Slow Burn" Summary: Melinda deals with the ghost of an overbearing mom.
Episode No. 77
Title: "Greek Tragedy" Summary: After Sam catches Melinda in several lies, he rethinks his relationship with her.
Episode No. 78
Title: "Ghost Busted" Summary: Sam's response to the news of Melinda's gift is not what she expects.
Episode No. 79
Title: "Delusion of Grandview" Summary: After admitting to Sam that she can see ghosts, Melinda sets out to eliminate his skepticism by having him tag along on one of her cases. Unfortunately, the first ghost she encounters is a complicated and potentially dangerous one, Greer, a psychiatric patient who kidnaps children to protect them from her abusive ghost psychiatrist, Dr. Byrd.
Episode No. 80
Title: "Leap of Faith" Summary: Jim's life flashes before Sam's eyes as he is trying to rescue Melinda.
Episode No. 81
Title: "Thrilled to Death" Summary: Melinda and Eli try to help a young woman being haunted by an angry ghost, but her refusal, to tell the truth, could endanger her life. Meanwhile, Jim realizes the complications of picking up his life again.
Episode No. 82
Title: "Stage Fright" Summary: A soap opera that comes to shoot in Grandview encounters a ghost with a past connection to the show's star.
Episode No. 83
Title: "Cursed" Summary: Melinda grows fond of a dollhouse that seems to be inhabited by ghosts in need.
Episode No. 84
Title: "Endless Love" Summary: Melinda gets ready for her wedding day with Jim/Sam and helps a girl who believes she is being visited by vampires.
Episode No. 85
Title: "The Book of Changes" Summary: After a faceless ghost girl visits Melinda, Melinda begins to worry about her child's safety.
- 'Parks and Recreation' Season 4 Episode Guide
- "The Office" Season 5 Episode Guide
- 21 Best Horror Anthology Movies
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 1 Overview
- Grey's Anatomy Season 6: Episode Guide
- 'Mad Men' Season 1: Episode Guide
- 'Army Wives' Season 3 Overview
- 'After.Life' Movie Review
- 'Futurama' Pictures
- "Grey's Anatomy" Episode Titles Are From Popular Song Titles
- 'Ginger Snaps' Movie Franchise
- The Best 'South Park' Characters
- 15 Celebrity Cameos From the 1960s Batman TV Series
- Holiday Horror Movies: Fright Films for (Almost) Every Occasion
- Point-of-View (POV) and Found Footage Horror Movies
- The Ghost of the Hollywood Sign
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.
- Show Spoilers
- Night Vision
- Sticky Header
- Highlight Links
Follow TV Tropes
Characters / Ghost Whisperer
The characters of Ghost Whisperer number pretty high over the series, and almost all of them get a decent amount of characterization given the ghost-of-the-week episode basis. For the sake of cleanliness, characters both living and dead will be divided by season. open/close all folders
- Brought Down to Normal : After a car accident in Vanishing. Subverted at the end of the episode, when it's revealed that she has not lost her ability to see ghosts, but that something is "sucking" them.
- Broken Bird : Melinda's own life is not without casualties. Sometimes this makes her an Iron Woobie, but she's shown to be very torn up about the losses in her life most of the time.
- The Call : Not just her ghost-riddled daily life. Supernatural forces literally tell Melinda that she is the only one who can save certains souls before the end of season one.
- Dreaming of Things to Come : Inverted, as she tends to see the past events of ghosts, rather than the future ones. However, in Season 4, when she is pregnant, she does have recurring nightmares of her baby's fate.
- The Empath : Melinda is aware that ghosts can affect people and herself in more ways one, and commonly notes a presence even when she can't see it. In one episode she uses touch to trigger a vision on purpose to find out who killed a ghost.
- Go into the Light : Her main goal, as a resolution of Unfinished Business .
- Happily Married : For the most part
- The Heart : Melinda's ability pretty much requires her to be this, as until she can make them feel better, ghosts will regularly screw around and cause harm.
- I See Dead People : As per her "gift"
- I Just Want to Be Normal : For a little while during her youth, as ghosts determinedly trying to talk to her was causing problems with her social life. She is now being made fun of because of her power to see ghosts.
- Law of Inverse Fertility : Downplayed in "Deadbeat Dads", she and Jim attempt to have a child to no success, as she has a miscarriage. Eventually, this is turned around when she has Aiden.
- Loners Are Freaks : She is being called a freak by an Alpha Bitch since high school in "Mean Ghost" in a flashback.
- Long-Lost Relative : To Gabriel, who came from her father's side and was in a psych ward.
- Muggle–Mage Romance : Is married to Jim, who has no power of his own.
- The Soulsaver : Downplayed, however, she does this trope in a way by convincing and helping ghosts cross over, along with helping them come to terms with circumstances and or make amends with their loved ones.
- Surrounded by Idiots : Melinda herself is actually very intelligent and resourceful, and thankfully usually has the sense to pick up a weapon when someone living might hurt her. It's just that the people she has to cooperate with can be kind of dense, sometimes seemingly on purpose.
- Identity Amnesia : When he becomes a step-in, he loses all memory of who he was as Jim or as Sam. Jim starts to come back to him though.
- Killed Off for Real : He comes back though. Sort of.
- Mr. Fanservice : Not to the extent of Melinda, but he has his fair share of scenes where he's shirtless and occasionally and beautifully bareass naked.
- Muggle–Mage Romance : Is married to Melinda, and has no power of his own.
- Sidekick : His connections to the police office are what tends to make many episodes possible where research is required. Unlike a lot of shows, Jim actually does get some strain and complains that he's running out of favors with them.
- Bait-and-Switch : Even worse and more painful than other times in the show. In the Season One finale, when she thinks her brother is on a doomed plane, she gets in her car and rushes to see him, only for the plane he was supposed to be on to crash into her car and kill her. We're led to believe Melinda is trying to tell Andrea her brother is dead—but it turns out Andrea's the ghost.
- Dead All Along : See the Bait-and-Switch entry
- Sidekick : Played this role initially until she was replaced by Delia
- Deadpan Snarker : One of the snarkiest characters on the show and delivers most of his lines with a neutral half-grin.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold : He's rude, sarcastic, has no filter, interrupts people and always thinks he's right. He also does his best to help Melinda, including putting off a much longed for sabbatical just because she's in the middle of a case she can't figure out without him.
- Rejected Apology : To his late wife, who cheated on him despite loving him very much—she wouldn't have let him find this out, however, Gabriel convinced her to. This is what prevents her from crossing over.
- Skeptic No Longer : His wife has been haunting him for a long time. When she gets vocal about it though, Melinda spills and he becomes a believer.
- Former Teen Rebel : As a Teen she was the type of girl, who would sneak out to wild parties and smoke pot.
- Glamorous Single Mother : Subverted. She's more of a Struggling Single Mother , except she's more wealthy and is more overworked.
- Mama Bear : When she finds out someone tampered with Ned's records, almost costing him a chance at private school.
- Sidekick : Plays this role to Melinda in Season 2
- When You Coming Home, Dad? : Before being hired by Melinda, she was often overworked as a real estate agent
Delia's teenage son
- The Casanova : Has a new girlfriend very often, and at least once was sleeping with one girl and dating another. The girls were roommates.
- Demonic Possession : Some of his behaviour was because of a ghost's influence.
- Disappeared Dad : His Dad, Charlie, who passed away
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold : He tends to act jerkish but he's decent guy all around
- Sticky Fingers : How his mother met Melinda, as the latter called his mother when she caught him shoplifting
- I See Dead People : He doesn't see them, instead, he hears them
- Near-Death Experience : A part of how he gains the ability to hear ghosts
Aiden Lucas Gordon
- A Child Shall Lead Them : To the Shinies
- Creepy Child : He can be, since he's an Empath and a lot of weird supernatural things happened (or happened more) while Melinda was pregnant with him.
- Dead Guy Junior : Named after Melinda and Sam's deceased dads
- The Empath : Might be why he can be a little creepy
- Fetus Terrible : While Melinda was pregnant with him, his presence caused a bit of unrest in the supernatural realms
- Bait-and-Switch : Oftentimes it isn't apparent that someone's a ghost until someone walks right through them.
- Empathic Shapeshifter : Quite often, a ghost will start out looking anywhere from mildly disturbing to incredibly terrifying. Melinda notes that this a result of their mental state—if a ghost has just died, and/or is confused with their situation, they usually appear in the form they were when they died, that is to say, frozen over, with a burnt face, or no face at all in the cases of two separate ghosts. On other occasions, a ghost may appear blurry or distant to Melinda for similar reasons. As Melinda gets further into the case and figures more things out, they can appear more clearly and more close to a normal form rather than anything malevolent, as they understand more. This can be a surprisingly useful tool to know when a character in the show may be incredibly malicious or evil—if they're doing bad things and look completely normal, then it's bad news.
- Demonic Possession : a variant and a subversion. All ghosts are capable of inhabiting bodies. One ghost inhabits the body of another recently dead against his will, and begins controlling the corpse, which eventually starts to deteriorate and forces him out. A ghost can also become a "step-in" as Jim does, but this will lead to memory loss and in worse cases suicide. There's also hypnotic suggestion, where a ghost will whisper (or scream) into a person's ear and affect their emotions and actions. One case of this got so bad that it very much seemed like the living bodies of two victims were being controlled, though as Professor Payne notes "only demons possess people". Despite this distinction, at least one man gets full-on possessed by his dead girlfriend at night.
- Bait-and-Switch : Has a very heartwarming conversation with Melinda right before Melinda realizes she's a ghost and is dead in the next room.
- The Mentor : To Melinda as well, a very trusted one.
- Older and Wiser : Tying in her being Melinda's Mentor
- Passed in Their Sleep : Implied, considering that the nurses in said flashback said something about her wanting to nap.
- Hunk : Played by the very handsome Wentworth Miller.
- I Will Wait for You : Why he couldn't cross over, as he thought his pregnant wife was at home waiting for him, unaware that his son was born and his wife had passed away.
- Children Are Innocent : He starts off unaware that he died and simply think he's waiting for his mother.
- Not-So-Imaginary Friend : He's this to Dylan, whose mother insists he's not real, much to his (and Dylan's) dismay.
- Angsty Surviving Twin : Inverted, as she's the deceased twin, Natalie is the surviving twin.
- Fake Twin Gambit : Helps Natalie pull this off
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling : The Foolish to Natalie's Responsible.
- Polar Opposite Twins : With Natalie, as Natalie seems to be The Ingenue in comparison to Zoe
- The Resenter : Natalie was the twin who could ace tests and do anything she put her mind to. Zoe wasn't, and resented Natalie for being the favored child, as she saw it. Despite this, she still loved her sister very much.
- The Unfavorite : She thinks she's this to their dad, and thought he preferred Natalie.
A man who died in a bicycle accident worried that his girlfriend might hurt herself due to her grief.
- The Faceless : Initially, as she's wearing a veil
- Ghostly Goals : Type B, complete with her causing chaos.
- Convenient Miscarriage : Is mentioned to have had a miscarriage a week prior to her wedding day, unfortunately, she had an argument with Mark about it, the which lead to an accident
- Green-Eyed Monster : Towards Lisa, who's marrying her surviving husband, Mark
- Childhood Friend Romance : Downplayed, as she and Mark have been together since high school
- Shotgun Wedding : The original reason as to why she and Mark were marrying and the marriage seemed logical, as they thought they were "madly in love".
- Wight in a Wedding Dress : Is seen in a wedding dress, tying into Jacob Marley Apparel , as she died in that wedding dress.
- Woman Scorned : An odd version, as she was mistaken in her feelings towards Mark (she really wanted the best man, Josh) and spends much of the episode with Misplaced Retribution
Rat, Vic, and Marty
- It's All My Fault : Rat blames himself for the fire that killed him, Vic, and Marty
- Only Known by Their Nickname : Although if one looks closely when Melinda is researching about the fire at the orphanage you can see their real names. Near the end of the episode Ernest (Ernie) also reveals that Rat's name is from his initials, "Ronald Aikens Tracy".
- Evil-Detecting Dog : An odd variant, as he's dead, however he did react to something off.
- What Happened to the Mouse? : For some reason, he stopped making appearances after "Children of Ghosts" and it's not said whether or not he crossed over
- Helicopter Parents : Part of what made his granddaughter run away. He was overprotective to the point of controlling every aspect of his granddaughter's life.
- My God, What Have I Done? : When he realizes why his granddaughter ran away
- Driven to Suicide : Apparently, he killed himself because his girlfriend wouldn't go on tour
- Car Fu : How he died
- Disappeared Dad : As we find out, his reason for not crossing over was that he wanted to make sure his newborn son was okay and make amends .
- Tattooed Crook : He's covering in tattoos
- Electromagnetic Ghosts : One of the things that clues us off to her presence is that electrical equipment and anything involved with electrical equipment starts to short circuit.
- High-Voltage Death : How she died
- Missing Mom : To her son. Before crossing over, she wanted to let him know that she loved him .
- Disappeared Dad : To his daughter. He committed murder and was sentenced to death .
- Papa Wolf : Comes to his daughter's protection
- Littlest Cancer Patient : In some senses of the word, as her death is treated especially tragic.
- Disappeared Dad : To Ned, as he was killed
The Purse Ghost
- McGuffin : The Purse
- Easily Forgiven : Towards her late husband, who cheated on her the night she died, thanks to a sort of code between them that she took to mean he still loved her. The napkin he wrote it on was what the purse was hiding.
- Wicked Stepfather : He's more interested in helping the ghosts cross over to the dark side and enlisted Gabriel's help to do it. Oh, and he killed Melinda's real dad, Paul Eastman and he would have killed Melinda, too, if not for Paul possessing his body .
- Abhorrent Admirer : According to this Shane, she was a "nightmare" but the reality is that HE was was the one stalking her and might have led to her being so scared of people that she always took the stairs .
- Shrinking Violet : As we find out, she was actually this. Her landlady described her as "quiet and scared to talk to people and she was so scared of people that she took the stairs. .
- And I Must Scream : She had fits of catalepsy (think Madeline from The Fall of the House of Usher )
- Buried Alive : When she was in a really bad cataleptic fit, her father thought she was dead but tied a bell to her wrist, in case she wasn't and she suffocated to death trying to claw herself out of her coffin .
- Ghost Amnesia : The entire time, she thinks she's Bloody Mary and tries to find her grave at one point before Melinda manages to convince her who she really is, which allows her to cross over .
- Dark Secret : His death, specifically, how he died, was something Beth wanted to cover up and move passed it.
- Disappeared Dad : In The Underneath , we find out he was killed by Tom Gordon, Melinda's stepdad, when Melinda was 11
- Repressed Memories : It turns out that he died when Jennifer was five years old and that he died in an accident at work (while he was underground during a street cave-in) on the same day as her mother passed away .
- The Lost Lenore : To Eli, who still loves her
- Birth-Death Juxtaposition : She dies giving birth while Aiden is born.
- Death by Childbirth : She died giving birth to her son and didn't know what happened to him.
- Mistaken Identity : Thought Aiden was her son, as she died while Melinda had a C-section
- The Beard : She was secretly lesbian or bi and married a man to cover it up.
- Bury Your Gays : She was having an affair with another woman and died while trying to cover it up. This was revealed when her husband also died and both (it seemed) began haunting the other couple: he mistakenly trying to expose the husband while she was warning the wife to keep quiet.
Gwen ("Sally Stitch")
- Chain Letter : She thought her deleting one of these is what led to her dying in the car accident that put her mom in a coma .
- Eye Scream : A mild one. When she attacks Ned, he gets a red X over his eye.
- Bait-and-Switch : Melinda doesn't realize he's dead until the soda she bought him falls through his hand.
- Dark and Troubled Past : His mother died giving birth to him , so he was raised in a youth home and in and out of foster homes. He never stayed in any one foster home very long, though, due to being too much for the foster parents to handle. And then he died alone in a hospital at age thirteen.
- Death by Childbirth : Not him, obviously, but it's eventually revealed that his mother died giving birth to him.
- Dying Alone : Implied, as his mom died giving birth to him and he has no other family.
- Foster Kid : Was repeatedly returned to the youth home, though.
- The Gadfly : Really enjoys messing with people, especially the doctors, nurses, and Melinda.
- Noodle Incident : Whatever he did to keep getting kicked out of foster homes isn't directly stated, but it seemed to really piss off the gas station owner at least.
- Big Good : They guard against the Shadows
- Creepy Child : They can be, as they're dead kids.
- Early-Bird Cameo : They've appeared throughout the previous seasons, as they become this when they cross over
- The Faceless : They appear as this, at least to Aiden
- Light Is Good : As their name would imply, they are an embodiment of this trope
- Guardian Angel : They play something of this role
- Animal Motifs : Associated with Creepy Crows
- Dark Is Evil : They embody this
- Evil Counterpart : To the Shinies
- Poltergeist : In a sense, as they are a collective energy from spirits that have left behind something when they crossed over and spirits that have "crossed under"
- Dark Messiah : More like Dark Shepard
- Dark Is Evil : Seen in wearing black and often in shrouded in shadow
- Evil Wears Black : Is seen in a black suit and hat
- Evil Counterpart : To Melinda, as he only wants to, in a sense, take souls to hell (the "Dark Side") with him, while Melinda tries to help them cross over to the light
- The Faceless : His face is rarely seen and, a lot of times, we just see shadows or a void where his face is supposed to be.
The Laughing Man
- Meaningful Name :He is usually seen laughing
The Bleeding Man
- Meaningful Name : His right hand is bleeding (for some reason)
- Angsty Surviving Twin : Though she has a good reason—and her dead sister is whispering in her ear.
- Fake Twin Gambit : With Zoe's encouragement, Natalie pulls one on her infidel boyfriend once she realizes he has and is still cheating
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling : Her Responsible to Zoe's foolish
- Polar Opposite Twins : With Zoe, as Natalie seems to be The Ingenue in comparison to Zoe, along with being more responsible.
- Twin Telepathy : Natalie can't see ghosts, but was extremely close with Zoe when she was alive, and can feel her presence very acutely, as well as being more affected by Zoe's whispering influence than most people.
- Daddy's Girl : A rather tragic example
- Parental Abandonment : Her mother isn't mentioned and her dad was executed when she was about eight
- CharacterSheets/Live-Action TV
- The Gifted (2017)
- Action Adventure
- Crime & Punishment
- Professional Wrestling
- Speculative Fiction
- Sports Story
- Animation (Western)
- Music And Sound Effects
- Print Media
- Sequential Art
- Tabletop Games
- Applied Phlebotinum
- Characters As Device
- Narrative Devices
- British Telly
- The Contributors
- Creator Speak
- Derivative Works
- Laws And Formulas
- Show Business
- Split Personality
- Truth And Lies
- Truth In Television
- Fate And Prophecy
- Edit Reasons
- Isolated Pages
- Images List
- Recent Videos
- Crowner Activity
- Un-typed Pages
- Recent Page Type Changes
- Trope Entry
- Character Sheet
- Playing With
- Creating New Redirects
- Cross Wicking
- Tips for Editing
- Text Formatting Rules
- Handling Spoilers
- Trope Repair Shop
- Image Pickin'
- Cast & crew
- User reviews
Melinda's First Ghost
- Nine-year-old former classmate Sarah Applewhite haunts Melinda - the first ghost Melinda ever saw - which prompts bad childhood memories to haunt Melinda as well.
- Melinda remembers how her relationship with her mom got strained when she re-encounters the first ghost she ever saw. When younger, Melinda's mother could not deal with her daughter's prodigious and supernatural gift. This lead to a growing rift between the two. Now Melinda must reunite with her estranged Mother to help save the spirit of this young girl. — Abakusek
It looks like we don't have any synopsis for this title yet. Be the first to contribute.
Contribute to this page
- IMDb Answers: Help fill gaps in our data
- Learn more about contributing
More from this title
More to explore.