‘Ghosts’ Season 3 - Everything We Know So Far
Posted: November 14, 2023 | Last updated: November 14, 2023
Is there a release date for ghosts season 3, where will ghosts season 3 be released, is there a ghosts season 3 trailer, who is making ghosts season 3, what happened in ghosts season 2, who's in the ghosts season 3 cast.
Ever since its debut in October 2021, Ghosts has been a surprise hit with CBS viewers. Adapted from a British comedy of the same name, the show recently completed two seasons and has been renewed for a third . The sitcom quickly rose to prominence over its first two seasons, becoming one of CBS's most-watched new comedies on the network and averaging 7.76 million people each episode. The show's second season has seen an increase in viewers, with an average of more than 9 million viewers each week on linear TV and more than 11 million across all platforms, according to CBS. We can probably expect Ghosts to go on as long as its wildly popular British counterpart if those figures hold steady. The upcoming third season is expected to bring in a new dose of mystery to the Arondekar household after the cliffhanger ending of Season 2 . The show’s lead couple Sam (played by Rose McIver ) and Jay (played by Utkarsh Ambudkar ) manage to hold on to the Woodstone, however, they might have lost someone from their newly formed ghost family. It is not revealed to the viewers who it is and that information will likely play a big part in the storyline of Season 3.
So while we wait for the Arondekars to return and join the couple and their friendly-neighborhood apparitions to take us on another ghostly adventure, here’s everything you need to know about the cast, plot, and everything else that has been revealed so far about Ghosts Season 3.
Related: 'Ghosts' Season 2 Review: The Spooky Comedy Makes a Wholesome Return
A number of TV shows and films have been affected by the ongoing WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes , which have caused delays and cancelations of their release dates. Ghosts Season 3 has also been affected by the sudden pause, and hence there is no release date yet. The third season of Ghosts was originally scheduled to air on Thursdays at 8:30 pm ET/PT in the Fall 2023 schedule, but the network has since revised their plans .
As a CBS show, Ghosts airs on the network and streams on Paramount+ , which is also where you can catch up on previous episodes of the show. Here's the link to the landing page for Ghosts on the service:
Watch on Paramount+
Unfortunately, no. Ghosts Season 2 finished its run quite recently in May 2023, and it was renewed for a third season even before its airing in January. Since then there has been no new update about Ghosts Season 3. There has also been no filming done on Season 3 yet due to the strikes, and it might be some time before we can get any kind of information or footage from the upcoming installment of the show. In the meantime, you can watch a clip from Season 2 in the player above to stay in the mood.
Based on the original British television comedy Ghosts , which was created by Mathew Baynton , Simon Farnaby , Martha Howe-Douglas , Jim Howick , Laurence Rickard , and Ben Willbond for BBC, the American version with the same name was developed by Joe Port and Joe Wiseman for CBS Studios. Along with Port and Wiseman and the original creators, Martha Howe-Douglas , Alison Carpenter , Debra Hayward , Alison Owen , and Angie Stephenson serve as executive producers. Jeff Cardoni will return to compose the rib-tickling melodies of the haunting comedy series. Ghosts Season 3 is being developed by Joe vs Joe and CBS Studios, in collaboration with Monumental Television, Them There, Lionsgate Television, and BBC Studios America.
Related: Why Who Got “Sucked Off” on ‘Ghosts’ Season 2 Is Important
Ghosts Season 3 is expected to pick up exactly where Season 2 left off. The ghosts find themselves in a mess when they take it into their own hands to find the person who killed Alberta about a hundred years ago. Everyone is shocked to find out that it was none other than Hetty’s son, who killed Alberta to be with her boyfriend. However, things get even worse when Hetty admits to knowing the truth all along, and it sours her relationship with Alberta. The two do manage to reconcile after a heated debate and a subsequent punishment, but soon a new problem shakes Woodstone.
A new heir, previously unknown to the Arondekars arrives on site and claims that the property belongs to her. She is backed by a piece of fake DNA evidence provided by Dan ( P.J. Byrne ), the deceitful lawyer who represents the Woodstone family estate. However, Sam and Jay manage to wrest control of the Woodstone from his greedy hands after figuring out the self-proclaimed heir’s true identity and seeing through Dan’s lies. As the couple breathes a sigh of relief after saving their precious B&B, they see a glowing light going out of their home up into the sky. It is an indication that one of the ghosts passed onto the other side, i.e., reconciled with their guilt and was able to move on to the afterlife. However, it is not revealed who it is (Jay wishfully hopes that it is Trevor) and the finale ends right there. The identity of who passed on and what happened to them will be a major part of the plot of Ghosts Season 3.
Except for one actor whose identity we do not know yet, most of the original cast from Ghosts Season 2 will return. The charming pair Samantha and Jay Arondekar, played by Rose McIver and Utkarsh Ambudkar, return as the show's stars. Samantha is a freelance writer who experienced a near-death experience and has since acquired the power to see ghosts. Chef Jay, who is unemployed, makes every effort to support his wife. Trevor Lefkowitz ( Asher Grodman ), Pete Martino ( Richie Moriarty ), Susan Montero ( Sheila Carrasco ), Alberta Haynes ( Danielle Pinnock ), Captain Isaac Higgintoot ( Brandon Scott Jones ), Hetty Woodstone ( Rebecca Wisocky ), Sasappis ( Román Zaragoza ), and Thorfinn ( Devan Chandler Long ) are among the ghosts Samantha can see at their new home. Similar to Season 2, Ghosts Season 3 will also have a number of guest actors who will be revealed later on so stay tuned for those updates!
More for You
Donald Trump Evidence Tossed Out of Court by Judge
In Iowa, It’s a Trump Ball
George Conway Warns Republicans What Donald Trump May Do If Primary Losses Flow
CEO responds to 'painful' video of employee who went viral after being fired
Dak Prescott asks that his name be included among the possible dismissals: "Add me to the list in that case"
Putin's £260,000,000 spy plane 'shot out of the sky'
Oregon Supreme Court Rejects Case to Remove Trump From Ballot
Lake Mead Water Levels Change at Rate Not Seen in Years
Granderson: What have we done to deserve Marjorie Taylor Greene?
Former MLK speechwriter: Slain civil rights leader would describe Trump as ‘moral fraud’
My cousin left his estate to 6 relatives, but only one cousin, worth $30 million, received the inheritance — due to an ‘unexpected surprise’
NFL confirms new date for Bills vs Steelers wild card game due to dangerous weather
Trump Lawyer Joe Tacopina Withdraws Ahead of Ex-President’s Criminal Trial
China Strikes a Blow After Taiwan Voters Ignore Beijing's Wishes
Marjorie Taylor Greene threatens House speaker Mike Johnson in rollercoaster Fox News interview
Joyce Randolph, who played Trixie Norton on “The Honeymooners”, dies at 99
15 Red Flags You’re About to Eat at a Bad Restaurant
Conservatives angry at Airline CEO focusing on DEI policies implying “too many” White men in industry
Non Sequitur by Wiley Miller
Israel 'terror attack' leaves at least 1 dead, more than a dozen injured
‘Ghosts’ Season 2: Release Date, Cast, Plot Details, Trailer, and Everything We Know So Far
Ready for Round 2 of spooks and laughs?
When will ghosts season 2 be released, is there a trailer for ghosts season 2, who are the confirmed cast members of ghosts season 2, what is the plot of ghosts season 2, where will you be able to watch ghosts season 2.
Tighten your seatbelts for another amusing joyride that CBS’ supernatural sitcom Ghosts is, as the Arondekars and their friendly neighborhood apparitions return for Season 2 filled with scares and giggles. An adaptation of the British series of the same name, its first season drew eight million viewers, the second most of any sitcom on the network. An overwhelmingly positive response from both the audience and the critics ensured that the show would return for a second season.
Audiences can’t wait to learn what happens next in the Arondekar household after it is revealed their new house with all their beloved ghosts might be the subject of an ancient Norse curse. While Sam (played by Rose McIver ) and Jay (played by Utkarsh Ambudkar ) ultimately decided not to lift the curse, so that they can continue to interact with their spectral housemates and set the stage for a second season, the couple as well as the viewers are unsure of the future, foreshadowing an impending doom that might engulf the sweet and spooky accidental family.
The new season is surely going to be much more intense while still delivering a healthy dose of laughter. If you are looking forward to knowing what happens next in the story, let’s have a look at everything we know so far about Season 2 of the new CBS sitcom Ghosts .
Related: 'Ghosts' Season 1 Blooper Reel Features All the Paranormal On-Set Humor
The BBC One adaptation earned itself a second outing back in January after a successful Season 1. The premiere of Ghosts Season 2 is less than a month away, and their official Twitter account stated on June 23 that the horror comedy returns to the network's comedy slate starting on Thursday, September 29 in a new 8:30 p.m. time slot.
The official teaser trailer for Ghosts Season 2 was released back in July and provides a glimpse at what’s to come. A brief flashback from Season 1 follows into the events that directly follow the finale, where Sam and Jay are still trying to get guests to stay in their new dilapidated abode. Jay looks into the possibility that he can see ghosts as well as his wife, Sam, after a recent head injury. The ghosts and the couple are keeping their fingers crossed as they get ready to welcome a second guest and an exciting second season.
The majority of the original cast from the first season will be returning for Ghosts Season 2. The show’s leads, Rose McIver and Utkarsh Ambudkar reprise their roles as the adorable couple Samantha and Jay Arondekar. Samantha is a freelance journalist who had a close brush with death and developed the ability to see ghosts since then. Jay is an unemployed chef who tries to help his wife as much as he can. The ghosts that Samantha can see at their new house include Trevor Lefkowitz ( Asher Grodman ), Pete Martino ( Richie Moriarty ), Susan Montero ( Sheila Carrasco ), Alberta Haynes ( Danielle Pinnock ), Captain Isaac Higgintoot ( Brandon Scott Jones ), Hetty Woodstone ( Rebecca Wisocky ), Sasappis ( Román Zaragoza ), and Thorfinn ( Devan Chandler Long ). All of these ghosts were previous occupants of the Arondekar’s manor and their spirits got trapped in the house when they died in mysterious and hilarious ways.
The second season of Ghosts will have even more spectral entities when compared to the former one. As confirmed by Ambudkar and McIver at the San Diego Comic-Con 2022 , the B&B will be open in the new chapter, and the supernatural family will finally be having guests. Moreover, the second season will have eight surprise inhabitants of the place.
One of the guest stars to appear in the second season of Ghosts is none other than Gilmore Girls alum Rose Abdoo . She won’t be playing any of the new ghosts, but a no-nonsense veteran TV producer of a show called Dumb Deaths. Her show will be using the haunted mansion as the primary setup. Abdoo shared in an Instagram post that she had filmed scenes for Ghosts ‘ second season earlier this month.
More new cast members will be revealed in due time.
The upcoming season will pick up right after the finale of Season 1. The Arondekars are busy setting up their bed and breakfast after the failed attempt to lure in guests, as they fall through the floor weakened by a termite infestation. Jay begins to wonder if he has developed similar abilities as his wife after the incident, as seen in the teaser. Season 2 will introduce new guest characters, both dead and living, and we will get to see what Thorfinn’s old Nordic curse really does to the inn.
In an exclusive interview with Collider , Ghosts cast members Richie Moriarty, Sheila Carrasco, and Román Zaragoza teased what's next for their characters Pete, Susan Montero (Flower), and Sass in season 2. As the stars explained, the new season will see Pete use his travel agent expertise to help out Sam and Jay with their new B&B business. Susan (Flower) will begin to show a bit more of her pompous side, which viewers glimpsed in the season 1 episode "Ghostwriter." As for Sasappis, his love for drama and reality shows will peak, spelling trouble for those around him. The addition of Rose Abdoo as a TV producer will supposedly play into Sass' character, and would certainly be fun to watch as he tries to get more involved in the production of her TV show, which ironically revolves around dumb deaths.
Related: Adapting 'Ghosts': The Characters of the U.K. Series and Their U.S. Counterparts
The massive success of Ghosts prompted CBS to join hands with Lionsgate quite recently. Hence, all the episodes new and old of the hit comedy are now part of its catalog starting in the fall when the series returns to CBS. Ghosts Season 2 will be available to stream on Paramount+ on Thursday, September 29 at 8:30 p.m. All episodes of the first season are also available on CBS and Paramount+ in case you need to revisit the series for a quick recap.
Ör: Cursed , Katy Keene , Ragnarok , The Outsider
Fantastik Komedi "Ghosts", İkinci Sezon Onayı Aldı
CBS, sevilen dizi için devam kararı aldı
CBS, 2022-23 sezonu için komedi kadrosunu sağlamlaştırıyor. Kanal, birinci yıl çıkış yapan Ghosts 'u ikinci sezon için onayladı ve pazartesi günkü The Neighborhood ve Bob Hearts Abishola bloğunu da yeniledi. Üç seri, önümüzdeki sezon CBS kadrosunda üç sezonluk bir toplamanın ilk yılında olan Young Sheldon 'a katılacak.
Young Sheldon'ın başını çektiği dört şov, bu sezon TV'de en çok izlenen komediler. CBS Entertainment başkanı Kelly Kahl, “Gelecek sezon için televizyonun en çok izlenen dört komedisini geri getirmekten dolayı heyecan duyuyoruz ve CBS'in komedide açık ara lider konumunu koruyan inanılmaz ekiple gurur duyuyoruz. Joe Port ve Joe Wiseman , çığır açan bir oyuncu kadrosu ve olağanüstü yazarlarla birlikte Ghosts'u ABD'ye uyarlamak ve kesinlikle kendilerine ait kılmak için harika bir iş çıkardılar. Bu akıllı ve çekici şov, her hafta yaratıcılığın zirvesine çıkıyor. Pazartesi günleri, The Neighborhood ve Bob Hearts Abishola'nın mükemmel eşleşmesi, bu olağanüstü yetenekli aktörler ve olağanüstü yaratıcı ekipler sayesinde, kahkah ve kültürü ustaca harmanlıyor." dedi
Bir İngiliz dizisinden uyarlanan Ghosts, CBS için en başından beri sağlam bir performans sergiledi. Bir haftalık gecikmeli izleme ile yakalanan bölüm başına ortalama 8.06 milyon izleyici, bu sezon komediler arasında yalnızca Young Sheldon 'ın 9.18 milyon izleyicisinin arkasında kaldı. CBS Studios, Lionsgate Television ve BBC Studios'un Los Angeles yapım kolunun imzasını taşıyan komedide Rose McIver ve Utkarsh Ambudkar rol alıyor. Port ve Wiseman showrunner olarak görev yapıyor.
Ghosts, NBC'nin La Brea ve CBS'nin CSI: Vegas'ına katılarak 2022-23 için yenileme puanı alan üçüncü çaylak seri oldu. The Neighborhood, şu anda dördüncü sezonunda ve Bob Hearts Abishola, üçüncü sezonunda, her biri bölüm başına ortalama 6,6 milyon izleyiciye ulaşıyor. Bu sezon komediler arasında üçüncülük ve dördüncülük için iyi. Mahalle, dizinin yaratıcısı Jim Reynolds'ın dizinin liderliğiyle ilgili şikayetlerin ardından gösteriden ayrılmasından sonra dördüncü sezon için Meg DeLoatch'ı showrunner olarak seçti. Başrollerini Cedric the Entertainer ve Max Greenfield'ın paylaştığı dizinin yapımcılığını CBS Studios üstleniyor.
- "Red One" Chris Evans ve Dwayne Johnson'ı Bir Araya Getiriyor!
- Netflix'in Suç Komedisi ‘Murderville’den Fragman
- John Krasinski ve Steve Carell Yeniden Bir Arada!
- Rent or buy
- Categories Categories
- Getting Started
- Store Filled Season 1
- Store Filled Season 2
- Episode number
- Newest episodes
- Available to watch
Customers also watched
Cast and Crew
1801 global ratings
How are ratings calculated? Toggle Expand Toggle Expand
- Amazon Newsletter
- About Amazon
- Press Center
- Investor Relations
- Amazon Devices
- Amazon Science
- Start Selling with Amazon
- Sell apps on Amazon
- Supply to Amazon
- Protect & Build Your Brand
- Become an Affiliate
- Become a Delivery Driver
- Start a Package Delivery Business
- Advertise Your Products
- Self-Publish with Us
- Host an Amazon Hub
- › See More Ways to Make Money
- Amazon Visa
- Amazon Store Card
- Amazon Secured Card
- Amazon Business Card
- Shop with Points
- Credit Card Marketplace
- Reload Your Balance
- Amazon Currency Converter
- Your Account
- Your Orders
- Shipping Rates & Policies
- Amazon Prime
- Returns & Replacements
- Manage Your Content and Devices
- Recalls and Product Safety Alerts
- Conditions of Use
- Privacy Notice
- Your Ads Privacy Choices
Ghosts Season 3 US Release Schedule Announced by CBS
As Ghosts U.S. heads back into production, CBS confirmed Season 3's release schedule.
Based upon the hit British sitcom , Ghosts tells the story of two city-dwellers who move to a mansion in the country; however, they quickly realize hilarious figures from the past haunt their new humble abode.
Writing for the upcoming third season of the CBS comedy has been underway since early October following the end of the long-running writers' strike in Hollywood.
And now, with the conclusion of the actors' strike as well, the series is planned to get back in front of cameras as soon as possible as the Hollywood machine whirs back to life for the first time in nearly five months.
Ghosts Season 3 Release Date Revealed
Following reports of Ghosts US returning to production, fans finally know when Season 3 will be released.
According to Variety , the hit CBS comedy will return to TV sets across America starting Thursday, February 15, 2024 at 8:30 p.m. ET.
While only the air dates of the first three episodes were revealed (coming on subsequent Thursdays following the Season 3 premiere), the other seven episodes of the season will likely follow suit running toward the end of April 2024.
The current official Ghosts Season 3 release schedule is as follows:
- Season 3, Episode 1 - Thursday, February 15 at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Season 3, Episode 2 - Thursday, February 22 at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Season 3, Episode 3 - Thursday, February 29 at 8:30 p.m. ET
What Ghosts' Release Plan Means for CBS
As CBS (along with the other networks) starts to lay the road to a full-fledged post-strike return to scripted programming, more and more release plans will be made public.
Now that production can resume on the titles that came to a halt (or never got off the ground to begin with) because of job action in Hollywood, series like Ghosts will premiere as the entertainment industry roars back to life.
While it was reported Ghosts Season 3 would likely premiere in mid-February, this Thursday, February 15 date is a little surprising.
Some speculated the series would debut its new season immediately following the Super Bowl on Sunday, February 11, but that does not look to be the case.
Networks traditionally position their biggest and best to premiere new episodes coming right off the big game, and since its debut in 2021, Ghosts has been that for CBS.
Plus, add in the fact that CBS will air Super Bowl LVIII in 2024, one would think the network would want to have Ghosts ' Season 3 as a part of the festivities.
However, another tact that can be taken the night of the NFL championship is showing off a brand-new series networks want viewers to keep an eye on. And that is what CBS will be doing in 2024.
While Ghosts premieres four days after the Super Bowl, its new drama, Tracker , will be getting that vaunted post-trophy celebration spot (via Forbes ) as the network tries to drum up hype for its latest and greatest.
Ghosts U.S. Season 3 debuts on CBS on Thursday, February 15 at 8:30 p.m. ET.
Ghosts (CBS series)
- View history
Ghosts is an American sitcom that premiered on October 7, 2021 on CBS starring Rose McIver as Samantha (Sam) and Utkarsh Ambudkar as her husband Jay who inherit a mansion not knowing it is haunted. After Sam suffers a near-death experience, she wakes up from a coma with the ability to see the dead.
The series is based off the British sitcom of the same name which first aired in 2019 on BBC One .
- 2.1 Development
- 2.2 Casting
- 3.1.1 Living
- 3.1.2 Ghosts
- 3.2 Recurring
- 4.1 Season 1
- 4.2 Season 2
- 6.1 Interviews
- 6.3 Behind the Scenes
- 7 References
Synopsis [ ]
Married New Yorkers Samantha and Jay Arondekar believe that their dreams have come true when they inherit a beautiful country house from Sophie Woodstone, Sam's great aunt, only to find that it is falling apart and inhabited by ghosts who died on the mansion's grounds and are now bound to the area until they can reach the afterlife . Jay cannot see or hear the ghosts, but Sam can after a near-death experience.
Production [ ]
Development [ ].
On November 29, 2019, CBS announced that they were developing an adaptation of the BBC One series Ghosts .  The original British series upon which the series is based was created by Mathew Baynton , Simon Farnaby , Martha Howe-Douglas , Jim Howick , Laurence Rickard , and Ben Willbond for BBC. 
On February 4, 2020, it was announced that the pilot had been picked up by CBS Studios and was co-produced with BBC Studios and Lionsgate Television.  On March 31, 2021, it was announced that the adaptation has been picked up for a full series.  In July 2021, it was announced that the series would premiere as a Thursday-night entry on October 7, 2021.  On September 23, 2021, CBS changed the premiere to back-to-back episodes. 
On October 21, 2021, CBS picked up the series for a full season. On December 17, 2021, it was reported that production has been temporarily halted due to a positive case of COVID-19 on the set of the series. On January 24, 2022, CBS renewed the series for a second season which premiered on September 29, 2022.
On November 8, 2022, it was announced that the BBC would be airing Ghosts in the United Kingdom under the name of 'Ghosts US' on BBC Three & BBC iPlayer on November 20, 2022. On January 12, 2023, CBS renewed the series for a third season, which is scheduled to premiere on February 15, 2024.
Casting [ ]
On March 4, 2020, Rose McIver was cast in a leading role for the pilot.  On July 1, 2020, Utkarsh Ambudkar was cast in a main role for the pilot.  On December 9, 2020, Brandon Scott Jones, Richie Moriarty, Asher Grodman , Rebecca Wisocky , Sheila Carrasco, Danielle Pinnock and Roman Zaragoza were cast in main roles for the pilot.  On May 12, 2021, Devan Chandler Long joined the cast as a series regular. 
- Rose McIver as Samantha Arondekar
- Utkarsh Ambudkar as Jay Arondekar
- Brandon Scott Jones as Captain Isaac Higgintoot
- Richie Moriarty as Pete Martino
- Asher Grodman as Trevor
- Rebecca Wisocky as Hetty Woodstone
- Sheila Carrasco as Susan Montero, a.k.a Flower
- Danielle Pinnock as Alberta Haynes
- Roman Zaragoza as Sasappis
- Devan Chandler Long as Thorfinn
Recurring [ ]
- Hudson Thames as Crash , a 1950s-era James Dean style ghost who was decapitated. The character has so far only appeared in 'Pilot' and briefly in the background of 'Halloween', but CBS has suggested he may return in future episodes.
- Odessa A'Zion as Stephanie - An 80s mean girl who died on the property after getting killed on her Prom Night. She spends months on end sleeping in the attic hence the nickname "Attic Girl". Though born in the same year as Trevor and therefore the same age, she died died sooner so has the appearance of teenager and so her advances toward him are rejected.
In addition to the main ghosts, the mansion houses a group of ghosts who died of cholera and occupy the basement. Their sickly appearances disturb the upstairs ghosts. The total number is uncertain, but there are at least six, three of which have been named within the series (Stuart, Nancy, and Creepy Dirk), with the remaining three being listed in the credits. They are based on the Plague ghosts of the original British series.
- Stuart Fink as Cholera Victim Stuart
- Arthur Holden as Cholera Victim Creepy Dirk
- Cody Crain as Cholera Victim Cody
- Nigel Downer as Cholera Victim Nigel
- Cat Lemieux as Cholera Victim Catherine
- Betsy Sodaro as Cholera Victim Nancy
There are also British Ghosts who died in the Revolutionary War and live in the shed on the property as that has been the agreement since who war ended and as an result know Isaac. They keep most to themselves and only come up to the main house to redraw the boarder lines every few years although the main house ghosts say its only for Nigel to flirt with Isaac.
- Chad Andrews as Baxter
- Christian Daoust as Jenkins
- John Hartman as Nigel Chessum
Episodes List [ ]
Season 1 [ ].
- Episode 1 Pilot : Samantha and Jay throw both caution and money to the wind when they decide to convert a rundown country estate they inherited into a bed & breakfast – only to find it's inhabited by the many opinionated spirits of deceased residents who now call it home.
- Episode 2 Hello! : When Sam thinks she's crazy because she continues to see the ghosts of Woodstone Mansion , she tries to ignore them, making them even more determined to get her to acknowledge they're real.
- Episode 3 Viking Funeral : When Thorfinn's bones are discovered, he asks Sam for a traditional Viking funeral. Sam and Jay are torn when they learn that the bones could be sold to a museum for much-needed cash, and the ghosts elect a "ghost representative" to bring issues to Sam.
- Episode 4 Dinner Party : When Sam and Jay invite the nosy neighbors Henry and Margaret (Mark Linn-Baker and Kathryn Greenwood) to a dinner party to woo them into allowing the bed and breakfast, the ghosts are desperately eager to be included on the guest list.
- Episode 5 Halloween : On Halloween at Woodstone Mansion, the ghosts try to help Sam and Jay protect their home from the neighborhood kids who annually vandalize the house.
- Episode 6 Pete's Wife : Pete convinces Sam to invite his living wife to the mansion, only to discover she's been keeping a dark secret from him for many years. Also, Sassapis gets angry with Thorfinn for binge-cheating their favorite show without him, and Trevor learns he may have a daughter.
- Episode 7 Flower's Article : Flower begs sam not to write an article about the time she and her friends held up a bank during her commune days.
- Episode 8 D&D : Sam agrees to facilitate a new dungeons & dragons campaign between jay and the ghosts, after he's kicked out of the one with his city friends.
- Episode 9 Alberta's Fan : Alberta is thrilled when a super-fan of her music visits the mansion.
- Episode 10 Possession : Hetty accidentally possesses Jay's body just as he and Sam are to about show Woodstone Mansion to a renowned wedding planner.
- Episode 11 Sam's Mom : Sam and Jay travel to where Sam's mother died to see if she's a ghost.
- Episode 12 Jay's Sister : Jay and Sam are shocked to discover that Jay's sister is communicating with someone they know on a dating app.
- Episode 13 The Vault : Just as Sam and Jay are about to host a friend's wedding that would provide great publicity for their B&B, the ghost of Hetty's husband tries to ruin it.
- Episode 14 Ghostwriter : When Sasappis offers to help Sam complete the B&B website, they butt heads over the creative direction, and Pete bonds with Jay over basketball.
- Episode 15 Thorapy : Thorfinn's night terrors inspire Sam to enlist a therapist to help him, and Isaac makes a big personal revelation after he's compelled to seduce Hetty.
- Episode 16 Trevor's Pants : The secret about Trevor's missing pants is finally revealed, when his wealthy former friend comes to Woodstone Mansion to buy the timepiece Sam and Jay found.
- Episode 17 Attic Girl : An '80s "mean girl" ghost who died on her prom night is awakened in the attic, triggering Sam to confront what happened on her prom night.
- Episode 18 Farnsby & B : As Sam and Jay await their first official B&B guests, they must overcome obstacles triggered by a norse curse, and Isaac takes a centuries-in-the-making step in his personal life.
Season 2 [ ]
- Episode 1 Spies : Sam enlists the Ghosts to help secure a good review from an overly critical couple staying at the B&B. Also, Isaac tries to integrate Nigel into his friend group.
- Episode 2 Alberta's Podcast : Sam decides to host a podcast exploring the mystery surrounding Alberta's death. Also, Hetty develops an unusual relationship with a broken washing machine.
- Episode 3 Jay's Friends : Sam becomes alarmed when the ghosts suggest Jay's new friends may be part of a cult run by a charismatic leader named Micah (Drew Tarver). Also, Pete changes his attitude after Sasappis criticizes his unceasing cheeriness.
- Episode 4 The Tree : Sasappis convinces Sam and Jay to try and save an old tree on the Woodstone property that the neighbors want to cut down, and Thor attempts to become more environmentally friendly to get Flower's attention.
- Episode 5 Halloween 2: The Ghost of Hetty's Past : A séance at Sam and Jay's last-minute Halloween party conjures up a spirit from Hetty's past. Also, Isaac worries Nigel will be turned off by his ghost power.
- Episode 6 The Baby Bjorn : Sam meets a Viking ghost at the Farnsbys' house who has an unexpected connection to Thorfinn. Also, Trevor devises a new method for the ghosts to trade favors.
- Episode 7 Dumb Deaths : When a television documentary crew comes to Woodstone Mansion to shoot an episode of "Dumb Deaths," Pete confronts a hard truth about the day he died.
- Episode 8 The Liquor License : Alberta's expertise from her past comes in handy when Sam and Jay run into some complications during their Woodstone whiskey tasting soiree. Also, Trevor devises a ghost fraternity, which inspires a revelation from Isaac's past.
- Episode 9 The Christmas Spirit : Jay's sister, Bela (Punam Patel), visits Woodstone Mansion and brings along an adoring male friend, inspiring Sam to spark a romance between them in the spirit of the holiday rom-coms she loves.
- Episode 10 The Christmas Spirit Part Two: Sam and Thorfinn get caught in the crossfire as the scheme Jay's sister, Bela (Punam Patel), and the ghosts have conjured up goes awry. Isaac's marriage to Beatrice sheds light on how apprehensive he has been in communicating his feelings to Nigel.
- Episode 11 The Perfect Assistant : Sam and Jay are thrilled when they find a highly qualified assistant for the B&B - however, their new employee comes with some surprising baggage. Also, Thorfinn tries to help his son, Bjorn, deal with a bully.
- Episode 12 The Family Business : Sam gives relationship advice to her and Jay's assistant, Freddie (Mike Lane), ignoring Hetty's warning not to get too close to "the help." Also, Sasappis strikes up a romance with Jessica (Nichole Sakura), the ghost who lives in Freddie's car.
- Episode 13 Ghost Hunter : Sam and Jay's assistant, Freddie (Mike Lane), purchases ghost-hunting equipment when suspicious activity leads him to theorize the B&B is haunted. Also, Sasappis risks losing his relationship with Jessica (Nichole Sakura) when Freddie sells his car.
- Episode 14 Trevor's Body : Trevor receives disturbing news about his parents when they come to Woodstone B&B to collect his newly discovered remains. Also, Isaac and Nigel's relationship hits a roadblock.
- Episode 15 A Date To Remember : Sam and Jay help Thorfinn create a perfect first date with Flower, and Hetty feels slighted by the ghosts' new housemate, Nigel.
- Episode 16 Isaac's Book : Sam struggled to keep Issac's spirits up after she hits a wall trying to publish a biography about him, Trevor and Hetty conspire to keep their relationship hiden and Flower urges Thor to control his anger.
- Episode 17 Weekend From Hell : Elias Woodstone returns seeking Hetty's forgiveness so he can stay out of hell forever, and Jay struggles to repeat a culinary creation that he came up with after walking through Flower.
- Episode 18 Alberta's Descendant : Alberta is thrilled when a living relative visits Woodstone to learn more about her, but things take a turn when she hits it off with Sam's podcast co-host. Also, Nigel uses his knowledge of Trevor and Hetty's secret tryst to try to blackmail Hetty.
- Episode 19 Ghost Father of the Bride : After learning that Pete's daughter, Laura is getting married, Sam, at Pete's behest, tries to convince her to hold her wedding at Woodstone B&B. Also, Alberta and Isaac team up to solve the mystery of what happened to Crash's head.
- Episode 20 Woodstone's Hottest Couple : When teen ghost Stephanie (Odessa A'zion), who lives in the attic, awakens to find that her crush Trevor is now dating Hetty, she decides to sabotage all the relationships at Woodstone.
- Episode 21 Whodunnit : Sam, Jay and the ghosts go into detective mode when Sam's podcast editor gives her one last episode to wrap up Alberta's murder. Also, Trevor, Flower and Pete discover an email from a Nigerian prince asking for help.
- Episode 22 The Heir : When a woman shows up claiming to be the rightful heir to Woodstone Mansion, Sam and Jay enlist the help of a lawyer. Meanwhile, Isaac tries to decide how to spend half of Sam's advance on his autobiography. Also, a surprise event takes place that could dramatically change life at the manor.
- Although based on the original BBC version of the series and similar in plot and story arcs, the characters have been Americanized to reflect the story of the house: in the British version, Isaac is a Second World War captain (also a closeted gay man, who remains unnamed; the Captain in the British series is far more serious and a bit more tragic, much of the comedy coming from his strict military ways and his obsession for rank, while Isaac is more flamboyant and sarcastic); Trevor (the trouserless ghost) is a disgraced MP instead of a Wall Street broker (confirmed in the BBC series to have died while having sex, while Trevor's death is from an accidental drug overdose); and Thor the Viking is a caveman. Two original characters, Flower the Hippie and Alberta the jazz singer, replace Kitty, a naïve Georgian woman (who, as Flower, is always absent-minded, though Flower's is more an effect of drugs) and Thomas, a failed romantic poet who, like Alberta, constantly exaggerates his own importance and significance, though Alberta's talent is genuine but the British character's is not). Some of the characters' traits were given to others: Trevor's crush on Sam was originally from the romantic poet, while Sassapis' wit and sarcasm were originally the Caveman's. Hetty, the lady of the house, and Pete, the friendly scout leader, remain relatively the same. Crash, the decapitated ghost (a Tudor nobleman in the BBC version), shares the original's recurring joke of constantly losing his head.
Interviews [ ]
Behind the Scenes [ ]
References [ ]
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2019/11/cbs-developing-adaptation-of-british-comedy-ghosts-with-joe-port-joe-wiseman-project-kicks-off-lionsgate-bbc-studios-partnership-1202789492/
- ↑ https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/cbs-orders-comedy-ghosts-series-1234942172
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2020/02/cbs-4-comedy-pilots-corinne-kingsbury-frank-pines-kohan-mutchnick-and-port-wiseman-ghosts-the-three-of-us-please-hold-for-frankie-wolfe-1202851490/
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2021/03/ghosts-comedy-rose-mciver-utkarsh-ambudkar-series-cbs-1234725817/
- ↑ https://tvline.com/2021/07/12/cbs-fall-premiere-dates-survivor-ncis-young-sheldon
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2021/09/ghosts-premiere-one-hour-bumped-up-to-one-hour-b-positive-moved-back-one-week-cbs-1234843079/
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2020/03/izombie-star-rose-mciver-cast-lead-ghosts-cbs-comedy-pilot-1202874550/
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2020/07/utkarsh-ambudkar-rose-mciver-cbs-comedy-pilot-ghosts-1202974936
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2020/12/ghosts-danielle-pinnock-asher-grodman-richie-moriarty-sheila-carrasco-roman-zaragoza-join-cbs-comedy-pilot-as-it-starts-production-1234653145
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2021/05/ghosts-doom-patrol-devan-chandler-long-joins-cbs-comedy-series-1234754804/
- 1 The Captain
- Try Paramount+
- Search shows
- TV Provider
Ghosts season 5 full season guide: plots, cast, trailer, more
Ghosts season 5, which is sadly the last, sees Alison and Mike struggle for cash following the fire...
Ghosts season 5 is available right now on BBC iPlayer, with the final episode having now aired on BBC One.
The comedy has become an enormous success for the BBC, and there's even an American version (also good, available now on iPlayer), which also has proved really popular.
Ghosts stars writers and creators Mathew Baynton, Simon Farnaby, Martha Howe-Douglas, Jim Howick, Laurence Rickard and Ben Willbond, with Lolly Adefope as Kitty alongside Charlotte Ritchie as Alison and Kiell Smith-Bynoe as Mike.
Sadly, they previously announced that season 5 is the last although there will be a Ghosts Christmas special 2023 to enjoy! Plus there's talk of a movie version happening one day.
The Ghosts team said: "After five incredible years haunting the halls of Button House, we have decided that the time is right to let our beloved sitcom Ghosts rest in peace. We have just wrapped filming on our fifth and final series and can't wait to share it with you all later this year.
"We could never have imagined the reception the show has enjoyed, or the fun we have had making it, and we would like to thank our amazing cast and crew as well as everyone at BBC comedy, BBC One, and Monumental Television for their tireless support. But most of all we'd to thank everyone who watches. Mat, Simon, Martha, Jim, Laurence & Ben."
Kiell Smith-Bynoe, who plays Mike, told What to Watch: "We shot the last scene on the last day, so there were lots of emotions then and throughout the weeks leading up to it, knowing it was the final time we’d see things like the Captain [the World War Two soldier, played by Ben Willbond] in full costume. We were remembering all the jokes we’d had and all the messing about. I’ll never forget that and I'm grateful for it.”
All about the final series...
Ghosts season 5 release date
Ghosts season 5 began on BBC One on Friday 6 October at 8.30 pm. The whole series is available to watch right now on iPlayer, along with the previous series.
Episode 1: The BBC teases: "Mike approaches Alison to discuss their finances following the loss of their B&B business. However, Alison is more preoccupied with plotting revenge on the ghosts for April Fools' Day and recruits a playful Humphrey to execute her plans. But who will prove the hardest to fool?
"Meanwhile, Mike is shocked to find someone from their insurance company on his doorstep – an unannounced visit to check the details of the gatehouse fire. Can Mike convince her that lightning really can strike thrice?"
Episode 2: The BBC teases: "In a bid to make some much-needed money, Alison and Mike look into selling some land. The plan proves far from straightforward however, with Lady Button up in arms at the mere thought of losing some of her beloved estate. Thomas enters a competition that he hopes will finally see him become a published poet, but hearing Lady Button speak so passionately about Button House gives him an idea or two... Pat and Julian are locked in a dispute, and it is Robin who offers a surprising pearl of wisdom."
Episode 3: The BBC teases: "Alison and Mike are forced to cosy up to Barclay if their plan to sell some land to the golf consortium is going to work. Elsewhere, Alison is involved in a silent negotiation of her own – she has designs on Lady Button’s bedroom but can’t quite muster the courage to ask her outright if she would consider relocating. The ghosts become fixated on solving the mystery of Kitty’s death."
Episode 4: The BBC teases: "The ghosts are officially bored, and Pat comes up with new entertainment for the gang. Mike and Alison host their international buyer at Button House in order to confirm the land sale, but Mike’s antics threaten the whole deal – can he pull it back in time? Humphrey is offered a fresh perspective on his strained marriage and finally learns some French, with a little help from a most unexpected source."
Episode 5: The BBC teases: "Robin has an epiphany that has a far-reaching impact on the rest of the ghosts, who each struggle to believe his prediction. Alison suggests a spontaneous night out with Mike, just like the old days! They try to get the old gang together but with such short notice, only Obi and his new girlfriend Brenda are free. Despite Alison’s efforts to plan the best night ever, the evening doesn’t quite meet her expectations, and the couple are left pondering how much their lives are changing."
Episode 6: The BBC teases: "Mike and Alison receive a life-changing offer beyond their wildest dreams. Still reeling from the news and anxious to discuss it, they are interrupted by a heartbroken Obi, who has been suddenly dumped by a strangely callous Brenda. Alison and Mike agree to reconvene with lists of pros and cons. At first, Obi’s romantic woes find a sympathetic ear in eternally lovelorn Thomas, but even he tires of Obi’s self-pity. Meanwhile, Alison must fend off the ghosts, desperate to sway her decision."
Ghosts season 5 cast
Alison (Charlotte Ritchie) and Mike (Kiell Smith-Bynoe) return as the owners of Button House. Martha Howe-Douglas plays Lady Fanny Button. While Mathew Baynton returns as Thomas Thorne alongside Jim Howick as the loveable Pat Butcher and Ben Willbond as the Captain.
Plus Laurence Rickard as Robin/Humphrey’s Head, Simon Farnaby as MP Julian Fawcett, and Lolly Adefope as Kitty.
Is there a Ghosts season 5 trailer?
Yes, at last!
Get the What to Watch Newsletter
The latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more!
David is the What To Watch Editor and has over 20 years of experience in television journalism. He is currently writing about the latest television and film news for What To Watch.
Before working for What To Watch, David spent many years working for TV Times magazine, interviewing some of television's most famous stars including Hollywood actor Kiefer Sutherland, singer Lionel Richie and wildlife legend Sir David Attenborough.
David started out as a writer for TV Times before becoming the title's deputy features editor and then features editor. During his time on TV Times, David also helped run the annual TV Times Awards. David is a huge Death in Paradise fan, although he's still failed to solve a case before the show's detective! He also loves James Bond and controversially thinks that Timothy Dalton was an excellent 007.
Other than watching and writing about telly, David loves playing cricket, going to the cinema, trying to improve his tennis and chasing about after his kids!
How to watch The Emmys online: stream the awards including red carpet coverage
Love Island: All Stars cast: meet the islanders for 2024
When is Casualty next on? Here’s our guide to every episode in 2024
By Tom Bedford January 12, 2024
By Elaine Reilly January 12, 2024
By Terrell Smith January 11, 2024
By Michael Balderston January 11, 2024
By Nicholas Cannon January 11, 2024
By Martin Shore January 11, 2024
By Michael Balderston January 10, 2024
- 2 How to watch The Emmys online: stream the awards including red carpet coverage
- 3 The Young and the Restless spoilers: Phyllis and Summer both suffer setbacks in love?
- 4 Love Island: All Stars cast: meet the islanders for 2024
- 5 Badland Hunters: release date, trailer, cast, plot and everything we know
Ghosts (2021– )
Full cast & crew.
Series Directed by
Series writing credits , series cast , series produced by , series music by , series cinematography by , series editing by , series casting by , series production design by , series art direction by , series set decoration by , series costume design by , series makeup department , series production management , series second unit director or assistant director , series art department , series sound department , series special effects by , series visual effects by , series stunts , series camera and electrical department , series animation department , series casting department , series costume and wardrobe department , series editorial department , series location management , series music department , series script and continuity department , series transportation department , series additional crew .
Release Dates | Official Sites | Company Credits | Filming & Production | Technical Specs
Contribute to This Page
- Full Cast and Crew
- Release Dates
- Official Sites
- Company Credits
- Filming & Production
- Technical Specs
- Plot Summary
- Plot Keywords
- Parents Guide
Did You Know?
- Crazy Credits
- Alternate Versions
Photo & Video
- Photo Gallery
- Trailers and Videos
- User Reviews
- User Ratings
- External Reviews
- Metacritic Reviews
- Episode List
- External Sites
Related lists from IMDb users